UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Notes

574679_10152072816785005_1803434763_n

Today has been a fun day, filled with a lot of news and work after a couple of weeks away. If you missed our radio show, make sure and check out the podcast (you can subscribe on iTunes here). We stole a game from an internet comedian (Nathan Fielder who crushed it) in which you text your significant other one line “Listen, I need to tell you I haven’t been completely honest about something”…followed by no response for a few minutes. The person who got the best response back will win tickets to Big Blue Madness…well I must say the responses have been amazing. We will talk about them on air and put them on the site tomorrow. All I can say is wow…some notes:

— Today is a huge day of football recruiting as 2014 recruits are on campus. There are a number of top stars roaming around and I still believe we will hear of at least one commitment before the day ends. Either way, it is a day where Stoops hopes to showcase what is happening at this program and the ways he is trying to improve going forward. Drew Barker is in town to help sell the new Cats and they are continuing the more modern approach shown at the Primetime Camp on Saturday night. This next week is huge for UK football as they hope to get some big commitments from some big players. Stay tuned all week as they continue to try and create the base for the next five years at UK.

— The number game is now being solidified at UK with news that James Young will wear #1, Julius Randle #30, Dakari Johnson #44 and Marcus Lee #00. All four will be in Lexington by the end of next week and they begin the process of heading towards a national championship. Watch over the course of the next few weeks as pickup games get going full blast in Lexington. I am sure we will hear leaks about the talent level on the court…and I expect it to be huge.

— John Calipari is doing his satellite camp tour across the state. He is being met by young kids with hair like this. I love the BBN:

859c9d0ad1d011e28a6522000a9f17d4_7

— Some big and interesting news today that UK is recruiting Australian guard Dante Exum. The young Aussie made a huge splash at the Nike Hoop Summit this year and is considered to be a NBA prospect of the highest order. The question is where the will attend college and on that point, nothing is certain. It is expected however that he will do at least a year and he told 24/7 Sports today that UK, Louisville and Indiana are recruiting him the hardest. He suggested Indiana is the leader as it is the only school he has visited. I am not certain Exum has an offer, but he is certainly the type of talent that any coach would want. It will be interesting to see as the weeks go on, how this recruitment develops and if Kentucky doubles down and goes after him hard. If he takes a visit, or simply doesn’t commit to Indiana in the next few weeks, the possibility of Exum at Kentucky will rise. Here is Exum at work:

7_598765

We will have more later tonight and remember to keep checking back and see if someone pulls the trigger for Stoops this evening. It could come any time, as Stoops Troops tries to add another member.

Article written by Matt Jones

16 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Notes

1. Chester
    4:16 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

Yes, and Yes.

2. James K
    4:17 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

Exum can really, really play. He would blend very nicely with the 2014 class. He or Devin Booker — either one I would love to have. Great skill players.

3. Exum
    4:23 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

i believe Exum will be a late enroller and will join a team in Janurary. that’s what he said his plans were anyways. if so, could you imagine our guard play!

4. Michael F. Jox
    4:25 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

Exum was the best player on the floor at the Hoop Summit. I know it’s an all-star game, but you can see talent no matter what…and the kid’s got tons of it!

5. Ville Cat
    4:31 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

I am VERY curious of the name(s) whom we are thinking my pull the trigger and commit today and over the next couple weeks. Anyone have any insight on this or educated guesses?

6. Shawn
    4:39 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

I like how I mention Exum on the show thread this morning and get no mention. No biggie. Here’s what I want to know…when Is he really going to enroll? If He enrolls mid year, we dont have a schollie for him unless Polson or Hood give up theirs. If Its next year….what does that do for us In relation to Mudiay? If hes going to enroll mid year I doubt he would come to UK and sit behind Harrison. He would likely go somewhere that needs a top point guard….like UL or Indiana….which sucks. Id be shocked If Kansas didnt get In the mix In a hurry.

7. KYStout
    4:39 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

Please let Dante Exum to UK happen. He is elite and has a solid NBA future.

8. Goodman
    4:52 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

I agree with 5. Anybody know who this is who may be “pulling the trigger”

9. KevinM
    4:57 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

How much time before Exum cannot be added to the current roster? I remember Stokes being added to UT late. Is it strictly based on semesters and can he go to the NBA on a 1 semester deal?
    Doesn’t sound ideal until next year.

10. Jman59
    5:09 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

I’ll be over there later this month, send me his address an ill give him a call. Anybody, anybody, ???

11. Shawn
    5:42 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

He could do 1 of 3 things. Go to a school during winter semester (January) and join a team then, wait until next year and be a part of the 2014 class, or just stay In Australia and workout and declare for NBA draft next year.

12. Camp cal
    5:46 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

That little boy with uk in his head is my brother…jerrod roark!!!

13. Austin
    6:03 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

Was very impressed with him at the summit. I think all of the International players stood out in comparison the U.S. kids because they had more time together practicing. Exum looked great though, and he and Towns seemed to have on court chemistry as well. Glad to hear we are recruiting him.

14. MadTex
    6:49 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

I’ll take the blond chick anytime!!!

15. Exum is Walking Through That Door
    7:35 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

10 —

Dante is at the Australian Institute of Sport.

You can contact him here if you are doing to Australia. IU going strong after him. Would love to get him. #BBN everywhere.

Australian Institute of Sport Basketball
    PO Box 176
    Belconnen ACT 2616
    Tel: (02) 6214 1201
    Fax: (02) 6214 1539

16. Dylan
    10:59 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

I know a guy who played against Exum, and from what he said, Exum is every bit as he is said to be.