UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Notes

On an icy Friday, where I nearly fell out of my car and hurt myself like an old man, a few notes…

— The Cats need a win Saturday versus LSU and in theory, this should be one of Kentucky’s easier games of the SEC season. LSU is in last place in conference and their only win is over Texas A&M (that loss will haunt UK all year). However coming into SEC play, LSU had look much improved and they do have a couple of players with big time talent. Johnny O’Bryant (the most Irish name on a non-Irish player ever) is a legitimate post threat and Anthony Hickey has that Mr. Kentucky Basketball swag that always seems to make an appearance. Still this game is at home and Kentucky is coming off a loss. The Cats need to make this not close at all and win one going away in front of what will be a cold, antsy crowd in Rupp. Confidence can then be high for what will be the all-important 2 game stretch at Ole Miss and Texas A&M

— The saga of Jason Hatcher continues to perplex. 24/7 Sports now has him relisted as a commitment to USC, but from my understanding that has not happened. Kentucky is still pursuing him, as is Louisville and he has told the Courier Journal that he will not make a decision until Signing Day. USC’s decision to go all-in on Hatcher showcases a great deal about the state of their program (Lane Kiffin cant afford to lose any more commitments) and also illustrates what an amazing talent the young man is. Before the visit yesterday, I liked Kentucky’s chances and even thought the Cats a slight favorite. Now we have to see if anything has changed.

Clay Travis today posted the above picture of Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson celebrating his Tennessee win with a young lady. The two seem to be in love, and when the bonds of the heart come around there is no reason for man to try and get in between. When the Cats play the Rebels in a week, stopping Henderson will be important. And maybe the distraction of this fine young siren could be what causes him to not play his best.

— Today on the radio we updated you on a story that long-time UK fans remember well. Trent Digiuro was a UK football player gunned down by Shane Ragland, a student who had been blackballed by a Fraternity. The overview of the story can be read here. Ragland is now free, and he was involved in a serious car accident at the end of last year. A source tells KSR that Ragland was paralyzed from the chest down in the crash. It is a stunning development in the life of an individual whose story has captivated this state for quite some time.

— If you are in Lexington on Saturday, you can come and watch the KSR Postgame Show at Glenn’s Creek Brewery in Chevy Chase. We expect it to begin around 7:00 and we will be taking calls and talking about all that developed during the Cats’ game versus the Tigers. So come out and see us, enjoy some food and drink and hang with Drew and I after what we hope will be a big win.

And oh yeah…don’t wear orange to the game.

Article written by Matt Jones

34 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Notes

1. Canadian Mountme
    2:54 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

Holy giant picture, Batman!

2. DaveUK
    2:55 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

Might want to resize that Marshall Henderson pic. That high-res version is about too much to take without a “viewer discretion advised” warning.

3. capnmonkey
    2:57 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

Wow, there goes my dream of becoming one of the SEC’s leading scorers and then automatically getting hot chicks.

4. CatsChickinCardsCountry
    3:01 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

If this picture is not blown up poster-size and taken into the Ole Miss game by a UK fan, we are missing an opportunity.

5. Claw
    3:04 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

My many thanks to KSR. The late night post last night had a National Enquirer photo of Glen Campbell with a UK tee shirt on…which somehow inexpicably through many internet stops led to me listening to this song all day. My boss walked in and caught me singing it. Highly embarrassing. Again, thanks KSR.

6. Billy Clyde
    3:07 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

We all been hogging at one time or another Marshall, no shame in the game.

7. James K
    3:07 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

This Henderson kid can flat-out stroke the rock.

8. Karma
    3:09 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

I’m sorry if I have been a bitch to Mr. Ragland lately, but he had it coming to him…

9. BlueRedNeck
    3:10 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

7, looks like he could show well in the next “Gene Simmons Look-Alike Contest” too.

10. Cats in the NBA
    3:11 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you do not have the capability of resizing graphics?

11. DesignatedDrinker
    3:12 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

‘Little pig, little pig, let me come in’….’Not by the hair of my chinny chin chins.’

12. Joel Lobb
    3:16 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

The Dude is a nut. I like him though.

13. wilbur
    3:17 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

Is he aiming for her nose?

14. SexnNursinHomes
    3:18 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

Two UK blondes. I got a party for you.. Maybe frightening, but its a party.

and Marshall Henderson, yeah, someone should tell him its not okay to tongue kiss a fat girl, unless it 4:00 a.m and and your drunk as hell.. Thought this was common knowledge.

15. RealCatsFan
    3:21 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

SNH, it was obviously “Go Ugly, Early” night at the local tavern in Oxford…

16. Marshall Henderson
    3:22 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

You guys are just envious because I can lick my eyebrow and you can’t!

17. Steve
    3:23 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

Henderson has quite an obsession with his tongue. He hit a 3 in the 2nd half against TN last night and went back down the floor wagging his tongue full extension for the camera.
    Dude needs to act like he’s been there before.

18. SexnNursinHomes
    3:25 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

15- hahaha! I guess 8 p.m is the new 4:00 a.m in Oxford.. hmmm, interesting….

19. Issel's two front teeth
    3:35 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

Is that a mixed drink in his hand? Hope he is atleast 21!

20. Asmith
    3:42 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

I like the picture of Jenna Jameson on his shirt…..

21. Ole Miss Pride
    3:43 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

I remember my first beer, Henderson.
    What a DB

22. RealCatsFan
    3:45 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

Clay Travis actually makes an interesting point about football stadiums further down in his blog, saying that ” that massive stadiums are now outdated. If you were designing a brand new football stadium today you’d build a stadium with around 60,000 great seats and stock it full of premium seating, luxury suites and all the nicest available amenities. You make your big money off the richest fans and it’s these luxuries that will make someone get off their couch and make the trip to the stadium. You make your least money off the cheap seats, but the cheap seats are what people point to as a sign of the strength of the program. And the cheap seats are actually the toughest to sell in most stadiums. Hell, Alabama students didn’t sell out their allotment this year at Bryant-Denny. Clearly that wasn’t because Alabama’s providing a bad product, it’s just that lots of younger, more tech savvy fans would just as soon watch a game on television as actually go to the stadium.”

I think he has made an excellent point – the Commonwealth renovation should focus in this direction and eliminate all of the bleacher seats in favor of chairback seats, and an emphasis should be placed on luxury suites. And I know it is an SEC rule, but something should really be done to allow beer sales at games.

23. I Say
    3:49 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

22 hit it on the head. Im tired of having to strap a flask to my leg and losing my buzz by halftime

24. yesterdays
    3:51 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

Why do you care about Beer sales? Drink all the beer you want in the parking lot. Then sneak in a flask with your favorite beverage- Noone pats you down unless you somehow come through the student section or look like you are EXTREMELY EXCITED to see security. Half the people in the stadium are drinking. I could care less about beer sales.

25. Bradley
    3:56 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

Henderson is the most unlikeable player I’ve seen in my life. Total d-bag.

26. Struggler
    4:00 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

Clay Travis is a huge douche! Can never pass the chance to weigh in on that. Blog might be ok – but impossible to listen to on the Radio… shame cause I like Blaine Bishop and the other guy is ok – but Clay ruins it with his constant hyperbole, obsession with self promotion, and hate of UK and Alabama fans (He’s a huge UT fan… so… he hates championship quality programs and loves… well… UT) cloud any shread of objectivity. He so wants to be relevant as a person and program that he will run over anyone to try to get some attention (ie pick on a college student from Ole Miss when… let’s be honest… there’s plenty of UT fodder to post). The funniest was when Peyton Manning was shopping teams and Clay was like a giddy school girl fawning all over Peyton and why he WOULD come to Nashville. Once Peyton chose Denver – Clay was like every 8th grade girl who found out Justin Beiber was not going to choose them. Sad. Sorry – rant – just a huge non-fan of Clay!

27. hillbillyken
    4:05 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

Where can I find the uncensored podcast??? Ive got the Droid app but cant find the uncensored podcast?? Any help is appreciated

28. RealCatsFan
    4:18 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

24, I care because I enjoy drinking beer, not bourbon or some other kind of hard alcohol. Nothing against mixed drinks, but beer is my beverage of choice, and it’s kind of hard to strap several cans to my legs and sneak them into a game, while keeping them cold at the same time. I’m past the years of bonging several beers in the parking lot and then switching to bourbon inside just to maintain a buzz. It’s a ridiculous rule, when you come right down to it, just like the dry counties throughout the commonwealth are ridiculous.

End of rant. Damn, I need a cold beer after that!

29. struggler
    4:59 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

#28 – not to get into a back and forth – I do not listen to Matt – so IDK – but the few times I have tried the show Clay is on – insufferable. A true ass. I will say one difference is Clay gripes about other fanbases because they support championship level programs – clearly he cannot take it. At least UK makes Matt’s show relevant. Clay… he’s the Jerry Springer of “Sports” talk – all fluff and side-show stuff – not so much on the sports. To hear a grown man get his panties in a bunch over Peyton Manning was both hilarious and yet sad.

30. Sorry
    5:18 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

I must’ve hurt Matt’s feelings so he deleted my comments. Same thing happened when he talked to Clay. Clay hurt his feelings so he resorted to things like, “I know you are, but what am I.” Keep your head up soldier.

31. Matt Jones
    5:22 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

No offense to you Whitney Arms, but I am not really too concerned about whatever you posted. Someone else may have deleted it, but I have been out of the office. I do however like all the Louisville fans that pose as UK fans and post on the site. It just increases the hits, adds extra revenue and keeps making us more successful. So feel free to visit whenever!

32. Rockfield, KY
    5:26 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

Someone on Clay’s site said the Marshall Henderson nails 3’s on and off the court. That’s a pretty solid line. Feel free to start making posters now.

33. Big Blue Fan
    7:04 pm January 25, 2013 Permalink

Dang your a football star for Div. 1 Ole Miss and thats the best you can do errr

34. Beer Goggles