UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Notes and Podcast

These girls know how to do Keeneland right!

— On the Jim Rome Show, former UT coach Bruce Pearl had some nice things to say about his former rival, John Calipari. Pearl said that Cal “has always been better than people gave him credit for…but he’s gotten even better.” When asked about Cal taking NBA job, Pearl said he thinks that Cal wants more championships that Bobby Knight and Coach Krzyzewski, and that he can do that at Kentucky. It’s becoming harder and harder for me not to like Bruce Pearl when he says stuff like this. He’s like the lovable Cheeto puff of college basketball…entertaining from afar, just don’t touch or you’ll be stained for life.

— Want an Anthony Bennett update? This is all I’ve got for you:

— Many players are currently traveling around the area on autograph tours with Cardboard Heroes. Here’s a full list of where they’ll be and when, so go getchoo a signed picture. Also, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist will be signing autographs and visiting with fans tonight at Lexington Sports Cards from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Lexington Sports Cards is located at 169 East Reynolds Road.

— The fine folks over at CoachCal.com have posted a great series of “Championship Moments” documenting the team’s journey to number eight. Today’s installment, The Seeds of Spider-Man are planted,” profiles–guess who–Anthony Davis. And no, there is no way to frame that title and not have it sound dirty.

— Just a reminder of all the UK athletics going on this weekend: your #2 Batcats take on #1 LSU tonight at 6:30 p.m. in the first of a three-game series. Tomorrow, they’ll play at 2 p.m., after which you should check out the Blue/White game at Commonwealth Stadium at 6 p.m. Nerlens Noel and the Championship trophy will be in attendance. Sunday’s baseball game starts at 1 p.m.

— Don’t forget about tomorrow’s KSTV Casting Call in Northern Kentucky! The auditions will be held in Florence at Insight Communications Studio (7906 Dixie Highway, Florence, KY 41042). To try out, you MUST be present at registration, which runs from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. For more details, click here.

— One last bit of business, I swear. We’re looking to add new writers to KSRCollege.com for the summer and fall semester. To qualify, you must be a college student (preferably at Kentucky) and send a resume and a writing sample to [email protected] Entries need to be in by Monday, April 22, and all applicants must be available for an interview in Lexington on Sunday, April 29.

Here’s today’s podcast, live from Keeneland. Matt, Drew, and the gang discussed all of the hot topics in UK sports today, including–oh, I give up. They talked about waterbeds.

45 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Notes and Podcast

1. GrumpyOldDude
    3:02 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

Has there been any discussion yet about a barnstorming tour?

2. The Seed
    3:05 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

Jesus fish: check

3. roof of truck says
    3:05 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

gtfo!

4. D
    3:06 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

How about Bruce Pearl at the newest Div.I program, which is located 70 miles north of Lexington. 2014 opener, NKU v. UK, with Pearl in a bright gold blazer.

5. SexnNursinHomes
    3:07 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

Nothing says classy like a zebra skin blanket. Bet that thing is covered in dried up spooge.

6. el cid
    3:08 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

Will the one on the far left start at left tackle in Blue-White game tomorrow?

7. Bryce Stephens
    3:08 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

I like the Bud Light in the back. That being said, I’ll take 2,3, and 1 just needs to not crush the roof

8. Meh
    3:08 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

wheres today’s podcast?

9. Uncle Kreepy
    3:12 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

5- your momma is covered in spooge! Heeeeeyooooo

10. Paratrooper
    3:13 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

I love kittens! Just not colored ones. Oh, and clown shoes. I love the way they make me feel after a long day of screaming at the computer.

11. SexnNursinHomes
    3:14 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

9- naw, not spooge, although I did once pee on my mom in a drunken stupor.

12. PeeOnMe
    3:16 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

thats hot

13. boom.
    3:17 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

I don’t really like the fact that Bennett listed Florida last. Kinda like a ‘save the best for last’ type of thing.

14. Mater
    3:19 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

One of they girls needs to get off that car before she breaks it.

15. knightynight
    3:22 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

Hey do you all need more writers for the KSR College site?

16. No Really
    3:25 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

have you all considered Paratrooper as a KSR writer? He seems really on the ball and balanced. Ha.

17. checkyoself
    3:26 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

KSR needs to worry about replacing Tomlin before they try to bring on other new writers. Dude is a joke. Did anyone happen to see the mess he posted today? I think it is another staffer posting under a fake name. Any other takers?

18. Jwall
    3:27 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

The one on the left sure isn’t drinking Bud Light…

19. checkYOself
    3:36 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

Tomlin rocks. Intelligence is sometimes necessary to see humor. Check yo self.

20. Fats chicks
    3:36 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

You know there are 2 huge dents under that girl. Feel bad for whoevers car that is

21. tltaworl
    3:37 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

To be a writer for KSR can I just repost KSTV casting call updates? That seems to be about 30% of the content on here lately.

22. kdsmith10000
    3:37 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

#13, I disagree about the way Bennett ordered his list. I think by him listing UK fist it shows who comes to mind for him first when he thinks about what school he wants to go to. By listing Florida last is was more like oh by the way, Florida is on my list to, blah, blah, blah. Also, I believe Cal is a recruiting and media genious, whereas he’s already gotten a Bennett commitment but he’s just telling him to save it to build up the BBNs anticipation and to get back into the news again right around the time the spring signing period is wrapping up.

23. ouch
    3:41 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

@ 19. I know that’s you Tomlin. Intelligence has nothing to do with those posts. Some of his material is pretty fun, other times, much like today, they are trash.

24. tltaworl
    3:42 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

22. I agree. Did you guys notice how there is an extra space between UNLV and the comma? That obviously means he is down to UK & UNLV. And Bennett only has seven letters in it but since he made his twitter name “ABennett” he is obviously targeting another name/state with eight letters and eight championships. Just sayin…

25. Triple H
    3:43 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

This picture shows how to properly install a new sunroof

26. Mrs Doubtfire
    3:47 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

I am pretty sure that’s a dude in the red dress. Legs like tree trunks. Demarcus Cousins would approve.

27. JEFF STANDIFER
    3:52 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT MIDDLESBORO, KY AND THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY LOST ONE OF THEIR OWN LAST NIGHT AROUND 09:30PM, KENNY ROARK. YOU WILL FOREVER BE MISSED KENNY!!!!! RIP!!!!!!!
    JEFF STANDIFER

28. the order of things
    3:54 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

Bennett reportedly learned to read and write in a Chinese Language immersion program, so he reads from right to left. Therefore, by listing UK first, he actually lists UK last, meaning he saved the best for first…I mean last.

29. Savvy Senior
    3:55 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

Does anyone know when or where Anthony Davis might be signing autographs????

30. DEVASTATION INC
    3:57 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

13- Thinking the same same.

31. bigcat76
    3:57 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

Is her hand out because someone’s getting ready to toss her up a Crave Case? Her friend wants 1, she wants 4.

32. Dude in the red dress
    4:00 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

And for my next trick, I will attempt to eat the truck….

33. mj44
    4:07 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

Hello Matt et al. This may not be the show thread but here I am anyway. I am listening to the podcast–I have a waterbed–there are 8 tubes that you fill with water. I LOVE my waterbed–my old on had a leek (after 15 years) so I just bought a new one. My waterbed is much more comfortable than a regular mattress. I am not a hippy or super rich. I just like comfort 🙂

34. GoCats2010
    4:09 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

17. hahahaha, you just don’t get it. That’s not a plane up there, that’s Tomlin’s humor… He’s been around here long before you and will be here long after you

35. Just wondering
    4:12 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

I love MKG, but does anybody else think $50 is a little steep for an autograph? I know it’s time for these guys to cash in a bit, but damn.

36. Axe Cop
    4:25 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

I’m concerned about the integrity of that truck’s roof.

37. tltaworl
    4:26 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

35. Are you serious? $50 hahaha

38. barn
    4:33 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

i wish pearl could’ve stayed at 10ac. he was a colorful character (especially when he wore that vomitous orange jacket) and was fun to hate as a rival, like 2 stacks ricki is now. how we gonna hate that guy who’s there now? hell, he’s never said anything outlandish, he survived a battle with cancer, and he has a name that sounds like he should have his own saturday morning kiddie tv show

39. TampaCat
    4:47 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

Damn, I’m running out right now and buying me a Honda Passport!

40. Sheriff Buford T. Justice
    5:53 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

I would seriously lose it if I came out of the grandstand after losing money and saw big red standing on the roof of my vehicle. Absolutely LOSE IT

41. ky_99
    7:27 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

Bruce sounds like he is trying to get an assistant coaching job with Cal. Call me crazy but he’s been to games, done interviews praising Cal and Cats etc. He may be trying to find his way back in.

42. tyrus
    8:14 pm April 20, 2012 Permalink

Agree with your feelings on Coach Cheese Poof Ms. T.

43. David
    3:05 am April 21, 2012 Permalink

Hey #29 I feel your pain. I hate to complain because, for the most part, I love KSR’s work but KSR completely dropped the ball (pun intended) when it came to announcing autograph schedules. Granted the list for cardboard heroes was put out Friday so at least it’s a couple days notice but we already missed Eloy, he was Thursday. The biggest gaffe was not announcing Anthony Davis was signing at Etown Mall Friday! I mean the #1 pick in the nba draft is signing autographs and it’s not newsworthy?! Come on people…please do us all a favor and research future signings for Davis please!

44. Dane Brammage
    9:26 am April 21, 2012 Permalink

Dented driver’s side roof; surprised it did not tip over from baby got back in the red hump suit.

45. David
    12:30 am April 22, 2012 Permalink

If anyone cares Anthony Davis will be signing at Cardboard Heroes in Mall St. Matthews May 7 from 6-8pm for $50