When Josh Harrellson finally starts a “Work Hard, Play Harder” clothing line, this is the photo that will hang prominently over his head while he rests his feet on his large oak desk. His subordinates will enter and they will be envious. This is Jorts. Envy him.
– I think some of us were hoping that we’d be surprised by news at some point that tonight’s Legends game would be televised, but there are no plans to televise the game. Fortunatley for you, there is another KSR Live Blog set for 7 pm, so make sure you stop by. Matt and Drew will be at the game providing play-by-play and pictures from the event. Josh Harrellson, Brandon Knight and DeAndre Liggins will replace Bogans, Prince and Meeks.
– ESPN just released their Super Tuesday schedule a few minutes ago and UK will be featured four times as a Super Tuesday participant. Those games will be at home against Florida and Arkansas and on the road against Georgia and Mississippi State. The Cats and Gators both earned a league-high four spots. Here is the full slate of games.
– Much like the “are they serving beer?” question of the past few weeks, “Did you see Josh Harrellson on the front of Yahoo?” has shot into the stratosphere as the Big Blue Question du jour. So, if you answered “no” to that question, check it out. The story of Harrellson founding J.A.D.D. (Jorts Against Drunk Driving) made the main page. Work Hard, Fight Crime Harder.
– If you’re traveling to Nashville for Kentucky’s season opening football game with Western Kentucky, you’ll be happy to know that Laura Bell Bundy will play a free concert before the game. The show will be at Riverfront Park beginning at 5:30 pm. Uncomfortable advances and nervous conversation from the KSR crew will start shortly before that.
– UK IMG sent out a Tweet this morning of the progress being made on installing the new video boards at Commonwealth Stadium. Below you can see a picture on the left of where they are right now and compare it with what was there previously. The upgrade in the screen is pretty incredible to see. Just reading it on paper might not have done it justice.
– This has absolutely nothing to do with UK, but I found it rather amusing. A guy by the name of Joel James, who is a center prospect in the class of 2012, is a little irritated that North Carolina continues to recruit him without making a scholarship offer. So irritated that he took it public with Jeff Borzello:
“I don’t know why they haven’t,” James said. “I’m starting to get tired of waiting. If they want me, offer. If they don’t, just tell me and let me move on with my choices. They haven’t said anything.”
Stop holding him back, Roy Williams!
Finally, if you missed today’s episode of Kentucky Sports Radio, make sure you check out the podcast below. Matt relived the magic of last night’s basketball game and shared some of the inside happenings from Rupp. Give it a listen.