– Let’s get this out of the way one last time. We are having a Live Blog. You are required to take part in that per your membership agreement. Also, WKYT will broadcast the game. If you don’t get WKYT, you can watch a live stream on their site. If you don’t have a computer, you can order DirectTV and watch it on their Dominican sports channel. If you don’t have a phone to call DirectTV and live in Louisville, you can watch the game with my good friends at Big Blue Country. If you don’t have a means of transportation, then call BTI. I’ll randomly post his cell phone number in one of the threads today. That should just about cover it. And I have no idea if they’re selling beer at the game. But Coach Hall is ready:
– Larry Vaught and his Droid announced today that Calipari and Coach O will visit Perry Ellis when they finish their Dominican coaching duties. No word on whether or not Del Harris will follow them just so he can make it look like he’s doing something, but the two of them will most certainly be at Casa de Perry to chat. Ellis was one of the Cats’ top targets during the July evaluation period and recently included him in his list of final four schools, along with Kansas, Kansas State and Wichita State.
– With Mitch McGary on Florida’s campus today, which is also hosting a coaching clinic featuring several prominent names, there was an interesting note on his recruitment pointed out today. Like Andre Drummond, McGary will be eligible for the 2012 NBA Draft because he’s 20 years old and will be removed a year from his original high school graduation date. There’s no report as to McGary actually being interested in that option, but if could become part of the storyline as his season wears on.
– If you had said yesterday that you thought LeBron was related to Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, you would have been a racist. Today, you have an alibi. A Tweet from King James this morning during his stay in China:
– Don’t be shocked tonight if you get to Rupp and you don’t get a chance to see Charlie Villanueva. The Detroit Piston is nursing an injury and most likely won’t suit up and take his beating from DeMarcus Cousins and/or Nazr Mohammed. His status, however, for the FIBA Americas tournament is not in jeopardy. And no, Kevin Garnett, it’s not cancer. It’s his achilles.
– Randall Cobb is off to a solid start in his professional career and he can now count former NFL safety Matt Bowen as a big fan. Bowen wrote that he’d hate to line up opposite of Cobb and gave him glowing reviews as a return guy and a receiver. Get used to it. It’s going to be a long season full of these stories.
– Finally, there is this.
If you missed Kentucky Sports Radio today, make sure you check out the podcast below. Matt talked about tonight’s game and Alex Poythress, while Shannon just claimed to be a he-man woman hater. Give it a listen.