We’re just about halfway through this week. Let’s start bringing it home with a few notes from this day so far……..
– As we all bask in the Louisville meltdown surrounding Denny Crum coaching in the UK Legends game, it seems like it’s the perfect time to ask for PhotoShop submissions. Create your own Denny Crum UK picture and send it to [email protected] and we’ll compile them for a post later in the week. It will be a tribute to our Louisville friends.
– With all of the excitement these two games are bringing, they also carry a lot of awkwardness. Denny Crum with the Kentucky legends. Edgar Sosa and Francisco Garcia making their home at the Craft Center. Cats fans rooting against John Calipari at Rupp. It’s kind of weird all around. Not the “first time everyone showers together in middle school weird”, but it’s going to be different. What seems most out of place to you?
– This weekend brings the Adidas Nations tournament in L.A. and several UK targets will be participants. Shabazz Muhammad, Perry Ellis, Kaleb Tarczewski, DaJuan Coleman and the Harrison Twins are among the players included. More notable to Kentucky fans, however, is that Marquis Teague and Ryan Harrow will serve as counselors. I hope they’re wearing their recruiting hats.
– The Courier-Journal’s Jody Demling had an article this morning saying that Rick Pitino is targeting the Sweet 16, which would seem like a fairly ambitious goalif that weren’t just what he was calling the players he’s targeting. Smartly, Pitino has 16 guys on his radar and after everyone else is done taking the good ones, will be able to fill out his class. It pays to have the greatest staff ever.
– Earlier in the week, new UK president Eli Capilouto outlined his view that athletics play an important part in the university. Today, he further confirmed that he’s a good dude:
That’s it for now. If you missed Kentucky Sports Radio this morning, you missed lots of fun featuring Gregg Doyel and myself. Make sure you check out the podcast below.