A few notes…
– Coach Cal is still doing his thing in Florida and that involved watching the Harrison twins again today. Andrew – a point guard ranked by Rivals as the top player in 2013 – and Aaron – a 6’6 shooting guard ranked as the #9 player in the class – are believed to be Kentucky’s primary targets for 2013. Calipari watched them quite a bit in during the first evaluation period and they’ve visited Kentucky already unofficially. Also, they are brothers.
– Another player getting some attention this afternoon was Rivals #2 overall player in 2013, Julius Randle. Cal was on hand with Orlando Antigua by his side, as was the devious duo of Mike Krzyzewksi and Chris Collins. Randle, like the Harrison twins, is a Texas native and has offers from Texas, Oklahoma, Baylor, Kansas, Missouri and Ohio State. Kentucky probably isn’t too far away behind, but they’ll most likely hold off a little longer until they can sort out 2012 a little more. At least that’s what I’m guessing.
– The game of the day will take place in a few hours as Nerlens Noel and Mitch McGary square off at 4pm. Noel was the star of the Peach Jam and has been set within Calipari’s sights for the past several months. The interest with McGary has grown in the past several weeks and you can bet Cal and Antigua will both be watching this one closely. You still have time to make it to the Wide World of Sports Complex if you have a private jet or a rocket pack.
– As expected, Georgia offensive lineman Will Adams picked Georgia Tech over Kentucky and Louisville today. Adams told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that his decision really came down to the Yellow Jackets and the Cats and he had to ask himself one important decision before making the call:
“It was down to Georgia Tech and Kentucky, and I kept thinking what does Kentucky have that Georgia Tech doesn’t have?”
Umm, girls? Dude, have you ever been to Georgia Tech?
– Some time ago, we started asking for pictures of your UK tattoos and we got a couple and then forgot about it, I think. Maybe you just aren’t as hard core as we thought. But you know who is hard core? This guy who got LeBron James’ face tattooed on his leg. I’m not sure how he’s going to treat the retreating headband every year, but it seems like a very smart investment otherwise.
If you missed Kentucky Sports Radio this morning, you can listen to the podcast below. Ryan Lemond held down the fort again and was joined by John Conner, Dusty Bonner and took calls from people whose names did not rhyme. Check it out.