UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Basketball Notes and Podcast

#BeatNotreDame

—  Good afternoon, Cats fans.  It’s been a long 24 hours of football talk, but lets not forget UK has a basketball game tomorrow at Notre Dame.  Cal met with the media today to discuss his team’s meeting with the 6-1 Fighting Irish, what he called the Cats first true road game.  “We may have 40 people there,” he said after shrugging off the Maryland game as a road atmosphere.  Notre Dame will be a hostile environment, especially on “Blackout” night, but I think Big Blue Nation will do better than 40 fans in South Bend.  If you’re going, wear bright colors to stand out in the sea of black.

—  Calipari also addressed Dick Vitale’s comments during the IU-UNC game (when Cal was in bed) about a text message he received from with an offer to play Indiana for the V Foundation.  Cal acknowledged sending the message to Vitale, but said he sent it three weeks ago.  What’s up, Tom Crean?  We doin’ this?

—  “Archie Goodwin is our point guard.”  “He’s earned it.”

—  Ryan Harrow was also available for questions to talk about his return to the team.  He said he never considered leaving the program and he got sick at this same time last year.  “Nobody cared about it then,” he said.  Harrow thinks pressure might’ve had a role in his sickness.

—  Harrow said he played well in his two practices with the team.  He’ll be ready to play if Calipari needs him tomorrow night.

—  Calipari wants this team to be “special,” not just good.  He said he thinks it could be February before he truly knows what they’re capable of.  “We still aren’t very good right now,” he said. “And shouldn’t be.”  He pointed out that Kentucky is the ninth-most efficient team in the country. “There are some inefficient teams in this country.”

—  Today’s podcast is 45 minutes long and full of Mark Stoops talk…

Article written by Drew Franklin

25 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Basketball Notes and Podcast

1. Robbie
    3:38 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

If we’re gonna be special harrow has to be the point and Archie on the wing imo

2. C Mills
    3:42 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

Who are the COTS?

3. RaleighCat
    3:54 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

#1- Archie looks pretty special with the ball in his hands getting to the rim and line. The kid needs the rock. Harrow needs to play his way back into the rotation. He’s basically playing his first game at ND. I’m more than OK with Cal’s assesment of his point guard situation. Cal knows from point guards.

4. Steve Fitts
    3:54 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

And look! That’s Jesus in the background making the “Y” for “Kentucky”! Who knew that He was a part of BBN?!

5. MIKE JOOOONES
    4:02 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

Sounds like Cal is really trying to manage expectations; expectations of a mediocre season.

6. RealCatsFan
    4:04 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

Sounds like Mr. Harrow needs to take his vitamins!

7. RealCatsFan
    4:06 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

#5, I will take one of Cal’s “mediocre” seasons over what would be considered a great season for 99% of the other Div 1 teams out there, UL and IU included. For Cal at UK, a “mediocre” season would be the Elite Eight.

8. Michael
    4:10 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

I know of 4 Cat Fans headed to South Bend. Can’t wait. Heading out early getting home late!! Go Cats!!!

9. Rusty
    4:12 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

#5, I thought the same thing about about lowered expectations but also, to me, he seemed tired and a bit frustrated with all the Harrow questions.

10. CATS
    4:13 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

I know 4 more Cats fans that will be there tomorrow nights as well….we are up to 8 #8!!

11. Truth
    4:13 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

PayPal Cal has no upperclassmen to save this team from mediocrity. They will be bounced in the first round by a 5-seed. What’s UK going to do when the refs aren’t there to bail them out like Morehead???

12. kes
    4:19 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

11. we will probably win it all again, and beat the cards again in the final 4!

13. Cal Prophecy
    4:24 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

Tyler Thompson will never lose the rat face #calprophecies

14. Michael
    4:37 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

#10, we are going to Brothers Bar & Grill at 4:30 tomorrow. It’s just to the east of the main entrance to campus on Eddy Street. We are traveling up from Somerset. Glad together we will make up 20% of Cals projected amount of Cat fans! Our seats are Sec 1, Row 10 and Sec 9, Row 2.

15. Bob Loblaw
    4:50 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

#2 I was thinking the same thing. 🙂 Maybe the family is tired.

16. CATS
    5:06 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

#12 was planning on Legends as I heard it is a good time and a bit closer to the arena….here’s hoping there are more than us eight…safe travels.

17. Vegas
    5:07 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

Investigation in Vegas reveals that Johnny Short is point shaving by 5 bigens a game.

18. Michael
    5:12 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

We will stop in at Legends. It is closer. If you have never been to ND make time to go to the book store, it will blow your mind. It’s only a 4-5 minute walk to the Joyce Center to the bookstore.

19. The Doghouse
    5:15 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

Get comfy Ryan, you gon’ be here a good long while…

20. Truth
    5:32 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

I also predicted that Cal would never win the championship with one-and-done players. And I eat my own boogers while looking at myself in the mirror.

21. Sydney
    5:33 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

I’m a grad student at ND and I’ve been waiting for this game all year! I’m prepared to bring as many blue things as possible into the student section. Also, in my opinion the only good thing about Legend’s is its proximity to campus. Food is better at Brothers and O’rourkes on Eddy St but Legend’s has excellent drink specials on Thursdays! Go Cats! Beat Irish!

22. joe
    5:50 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

Does that say COTS?

23. BB
    7:55 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

I’ll be traveling with another pack of Cats fans…4 total. That brings us up to 12. I believe we’re hitting Legends before the game. Can’t wait to beat these Domers.

24. Bigcat4453
    8:01 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

I attended a game in that gym last year. Talk about a crackerbox compared to Rupp. There were about 4,000 people in the stands that night. I expect a larger crowd tomorrow night.

25. Matt P.
    10:03 pm November 28, 2012 Permalink

Actually if you figure Jesus into the equation based on the location, it is spelled properly. CAYTS!!!