UK Fans of the Day in Utah Want Afternoon Notes and a Podcast

utah-fans-of-day

Big Blue Nation is literally everywhere. How ’bout some notes?

— If you were planning on buying tickets to the UK/UofL game, well, it’s too late. Tickets for the New Year’s Eve battle with Baby Bro have sold out. A limited number of single game tickets for the South Carolina, Arkansas and Alabama games go on sale Wednesday, Dec. 7 at 6:00 p.m.  Tickets will be $35 each. Upper level tickets for UK’s holiday games against Chattanooga, Samford, Loyola and Lamar are also available for purchase.

— Anthony Davis’ high school basketball coach told Larry Vaught that we’re not seeing Davis’ total game yet. “He has not shown half of his talent yet,” Cortez Hale said. “Right now all he is doing is blocking shots, dunking and playing defense. He is not shooting a lot and penetrating with the ball. There is a lot more coming from Anthony Davis. It’s not a surprise to see what he’s already done. That’s how good he is.” That’s almost scary. No, that is scary. If Anthony Davis starts knocking down jump shots and penetrating consistently, everyone else just needs to go on home.

— Former IU coach and current radio show host Dan Dakich came on Kentucky Sports Radio this morning and it made for a pretty awkward interview. Actually, it wasn’t even an interview; he just came on and talked for ten minutes while everyone wondered why he was so angry. He did make some great points about himself, though: “I don’t talk to IU fans.” / “I’m not a dot-com guy.” / “Coaches don’t do that.” … What do you do then?

— In ‘please shut up about it’ news, ESPN dedicated an afternoon edition of Sportscenter to Tim Tebow today. The 2:00 p.m. edition of SportsCenter was called TebowCenter, and it included highlights from his comebacks, discussion from a Denver radio show host, and Tebow’s top ten moments, and a look at his fantasy impact. I didn’t watch it, but I heard it wasn’t very good until the very end.

Jerry Sandusky was arrested again today on sexual abuse charges from two new accusers. Just give him the chair already.

— The New York Post has a pretty solid article about Josh Harrelson playing catch up in New York. Jorts arrived in New York on Sunday and he has a lot of work to do between now and Christmas Day when the Knicks open up the season against Rondo and the Celtics. Get to work, big man.

— And your Dakich podcast…

Article written by Drew Franklin

23 Comments for UK Fans of the Day in Utah Want Afternoon Notes and a Podcast

1. MN CAT
    3:33 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

I expect by the end of the year we’ll see Davis scoring from the post (other than dunks), hitting mid-range jumpers, and scoring off the dribble. Besides improvement from Teague, I think that will be the biggest difference in the team between now and then.

2. RidgeRunner
    3:34 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

Looking at that upcoming UL game and it being sold out reminded me…

Anyone found the offical attendance number for the UNC game? It was a 24k+ crowd but never seen the number and where it ranks.

3. capnmonkey
    3:36 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

A. Davis nickname: Count Blockula

4. nawlij
    3:41 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

you sound surprised that a coach/former coach of IU comes off like a total tool…

5. Ben Hartz
    3:49 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

OMEGA in full force!

6. Captain Obvious
    3:49 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

its nice that the average joe has no chance of ever getting tickets to any big game

7. Captain Obvious
    3:49 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

occupy rupp!

8. Miguel
    3:50 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

Imagine Davis scoring 20 every game by tourney time, along with a fully Cal-coached Teague! Just based on Davis’ tapes, I have been kinda wondering where that offensive skill set had been hiding. Even after watching him miss just about every jumper I’ve seen him shoot this year, I still like the way it looks, and I say keep firing a few up per game till they start going down. If davis’ offensive skill set come along the way I know a Cal-coached frosh pg will, the NCAA tourney will be LOTS of fun for BBN and not so much fun for just about everyone else, cinderellas excluded

9. Miguel
    3:54 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

“25+ points per game win margin on the way to number 8” kinda fun

10. Fratdaddy
    3:55 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

Phi Alpha boys

11. Hoss_Cat
    3:58 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

HILARIOUS, that’s like saying to a girl, “Sorry, I’m not interested in you! HA!” , but if you ever want to go out with me, I’m game! LMAO

12. Hoss_Cat
    3:59 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

PLACES THIS UNDER THE WRONG POST

SORRY!

13. Matt D
    4:02 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

Some people really like Tebow. As BBN understands, when a UK post is made on ESPN, it gets a lot more hits than a UT post. When outlets talk Tebow, people tune in. Why? Because, overwhelmingly, they like him. Cleary KSR has a problem with Tebow (as evidenced by previous posts). Tebow has nothing to do with UK, and to be honest I don’t care for the commentary. #truth / #yousuck

14. Grover
    4:03 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

Actually they aren’t in Utah, they’re near Utah

15. Minerva (fall '06)
    4:06 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

E team! I see you Mauldin! Lookin BA as $hit

16. pittdaddy
    4:11 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

@RidgeRunner I think I heard Tom Leach say it was the 8th largest crowd at Rupp. It shocked me to be that low, maybe press and NBA comps are taken out of the total.

17. Sorry
    4:18 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

#13, it is their blog, if they want to write about children’s books, then they are perfectly entitled to. If you don’t like it, then don’t read it.

18. Cowboy
    4:21 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

Dan Dakich’s response to UK fans: “Someone calling me a name is like a fly on an elephant’s ass.” #kentuckyhillbilliesserved #exUKplayershavenolegitjobs

19. bigredbleedsblue
    5:00 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

They took out seats in the upper arena to put in more handicap spaces so I think that has impacted the number of seats.

20. 06PCP
    5:29 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

Fall ’07 = worst pledge class ever! They had it easy!

21. Matt D
    6:04 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

@17. You are correct it is “their” blog, and you are also correct that I can choose to forgo my daily ksr indulgence. However, ksr bills itself as a Kentucky blog. If, like espn, they were an all sports operation, then I’d have the option to simply bypass the offending link. Ksr doesn’t provide that option. The post is a uk post and all of the commentary therein was UK related except for the anti-tebow zinger in the middle. If u want to be an all thing ky and anti tebow site, let me know, and I’ll pass on reading, if however you are an all things ky site then be that or make the heading of your post such that we the readers know what’s coming.

22. Hal
    6:04 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

tebowcenter? don’t have to worry bout it ever being on the #sexnetwork

23. Blake Allen