UK Fan Warns Neighbors of Another Storm Coming

calipari-hurricane-sign

Hurricane Irene is slamming into the United States today, so we send all of our prayers out to everyone on the coast or in the area that will be affected by it.  We’ve received emails from several Kentucky fans in the area, including this one from a KSR reader who had enough of a sense of humor about the looming storm to board up his home and warn everyone of another storm to be aware of.

Article written by Thomas Beisner

28 Comments for UK Fan Warns Neighbors of Another Storm Coming

1. WildcatFan
    11:35 am August 27, 2011 Permalink

Awesome! I live in SE NC and am riding the storm out as we speak. Of course, I’m checking KSR for the more important updates of the day….KY basketball! UK fans ARE crazy as Cal loves to say. Everyone be safe out there!

2. Quigvicious
    11:51 am August 27, 2011 Permalink

Impressive. Probably has great time management skills.

3. SaggyWheels
    11:58 am August 27, 2011 Permalink

umm that’s a really quick way to get vandalized and robbed. stupid.

4. Ollie the Weatherman
    11:58 am August 27, 2011 Permalink

Nice!

5. KSR Spy
    12:13 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

Most deaths in storms are cause from stupidity and lack of preparation. Making a joke is what it is…a joke. YOU grow up and develop a sense of humor.

6. Mr Schwump
    12:16 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

Irene slammed into NC and did $50 million worth of improvements.

7. rolly
    12:19 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

Uh – yeah – I think the guy who has to put plywood on his windows has the right to joke about the storm.

8. DownSouth
    12:25 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

Jeremy, it’s my house, I never expected to be on a website, just having fun with neighbors and friends in my neighborhood. We all razz each other about our teams all year. All the boards come down tomorrow so it’s a 48 hour bit of fun with local friends. No vandals, no robberies, and no making light of natural disaters. Folks down here write jokes on these boards every hurricane. Anyway, it was awesome to see our home on KSR, so when I heard from a friend it posted we were juiced because we wave the flag down here in ACC country, but man, reading the comments sure take it down a notch. Hope a few of y’all laughed and sorry Jeremy and Saggy Wheels, no inent to offend. Go Cats and stay safe!

9. exiledfan
    12:28 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

5. — there is a long tradition of people writing graffiti on plywood when these stroms approach. Some of it is very funny. It’s the way humans say, “You can’t take me down!”

10. Landon
    12:41 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

Mahan! You’re famous!

11. docmartin10
    12:46 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

Riding out hurricane Irene here in VA Beach. I will tell you this, after moving here in June I have found a TON of UK fans here. I have a guy that lives next door that is a ’73 grad from UK. Since he is a fan and a native of KY, I am letting him use the extra outlets on my diesel generator to power so of hit house! #weareUK

12. Section 133
    12:53 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

No problem with that at all. Been through my share of hurricanes, and that is pretty tame compared to some of what I have seen people write on their plywood.

13. bleedblueky
    1:02 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

Is Irene also coach Cal wife’s name? 🙂

14. barn
    1:20 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

lighten up on downsouth. he’s the one dealing with a cat1 storm. if he has the fortitude to make a joke in the middle of such an ordeal, hat’s off to him.

15. WestPointCard
    1:24 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

I hope Irene doesn’t do too much damage.

16. bung
    2:14 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

thanks for great pic!!! Kentucky Basketball rules.

17. you won in march
    3:39 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

but we own the series and always will. its ok you can keep beating on UL

18. MadeInKentucky
    6:29 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

I Cant Stand The Ewe In Cee Turdheels Either But I Must Agree That This Pic Is Pretty Tasteless. A Natural Disaster Is Nothing To Make Fun Of.It’s All Fun & Games Until Tragedy Happens To You. Go Ahead And Laugh If You Want Just Remember That We In KY Are Sitting On A Major Fault Line.While I Hope To Never Live To See A Catastrophic Disaster In Kentucky,I Don’t Think It Would Be A Joking Matter If The Inevitable Happens. Show A Little Human Compassion.

19. Bigbluecalizone
    8:49 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

There’s no bigger Big Blue Fan than me, but this is poor form. Not that someone is passionate to make a sign like this, but that this site posts it. Sorry, but it’s just bad form.
    Do a little role reversal and imagine if it was this state that just hit by a Tornado and a reversal of this showed up, maybe after you’d lost a loved one in the storm. A little good judgement here please.

20. locke-not-gonna-get-drafted
    10:24 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

3 – ur a dick. Go away!

21. ole roy
    11:20 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

I’m a die heart UNC fan . Have lived in KY all my life. Yes people die in storms but there was no harm in this was told by a UK fan about this seen it and laughed my butt off.But there is a tar heel county club in Kentucky.

22. nckywilcat
    11:26 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

No harm…no foul. I agree..people have been posting graffiti for YEARS!!! I found it to be uplifting that one can still find humor among the possible tragedy… LIGHTEN UP FOLKS!!! NOBODY WISHES ANYONE REAL HARM!!!!

23. Say What
    11:28 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

Are you serious? There isnt a damn thing wrong with this sign. You have to be kidding me. Funny and harmless. Thats it. not a big deal, just a simple post in a Category 1 storm. its like some of yall are bored and just want to stir it up. Good grief. I lost loved ones in a plane crash and am not mad they show comedies on the flight.

24. ukcat1
    11:46 pm August 27, 2011 Permalink

I’m sorry a UK fan cannot look at that picture and not smile!

25. think about this
    6:28 am August 28, 2011 Permalink

you beat unc in march….they own the series…

oh you have more overall wins you say? ahead by 19 wins you also started 9 years earlier than UNC. 19 wins over 9…very early basketball years….i’m sure you won more than 2.1 games per year those 9 years. so yeah i’d say you would have more wins overall. but only 19? hmmmmm

26. BigBlueGirl
    3:50 pm August 28, 2011 Permalink

People need humor in situations like this. If you can’t laugh then all you’re gonna do is cry. It’s his house! He’s the one going through the hurricane. It’s not like he’s in Kentucky making fun of it. Lighten up!

27. BigBlueGirl
    3:50 pm August 28, 2011 Permalink

People need humor in situations like these. If you can’t laugh then all you’re gonna do is cry. It’s his house! He’s the one going through the hurricane. It’s not like he’s in Kentucky making fun of it. Lighten up!

28. Insensitive
    8:25 pm August 28, 2011 Permalink

Look how insensitive this candy shop owner is! – http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyharnden/100102355/perfect-storm-of-hype-politicians-the-media-and-the-hurricane-irene-apocalypse-that-never-was/

How dare they say sweet Irene! Are they insinuating hurricanes are sweet? The nerve.