UK Fan of the Day Wants Afternoon Notes and Today’s Podcast

fan-mkg

Today’s UK Fan of the Day was really excited to be sitting behind Maria, KSR’s intern, at the alumni game. That’s a nice photobomb by Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, too.

Let’s get you some notes…

— Florida offensive coordinator Brent Pease, a guy Jared Lorenzen will have a few things to say about during Saturday’s pregrame show, spoke a little about Joker Phillips down in Gainesville today. He told the media, “(Joker’s) not a person that is mad about the situation. I think he enjoys being here.” Pease and head coach Will Muschamp both believe Joker is anxious to get back to Lexington for the game, where he has so much history. “I know as a player and coach there, no question he’s going to be emotional about that,” Muschamp said.

New Florida quarterback Tyler Murphy plans to pick Joker Phillips’ brain this week in practice to find the strengths and weaknesses of Kentucky’s defense. The strength, in my opinion, is Rick Minter isn’t on the sideline anymore.

#BeatFlorida

— North Carolina’s Marcus Paige confirmed to ESPN that P.J. Hairston is back with the Tar Heels basketball team. “It was more of an issue in the summer than it will be going into the season,” Paige told ESPN.com. “He’s in good shape right now, and I think he’s in a good place and is ready to move on.” Paige said he’s pretty confident everyone has moved past Hairston’s legal troubles, which may be the case in Chapel Hill, but a lot of folks are upset to hear UNC’s leading returning scorer is back so soon. Roy Williams has yet to public address Hairston’s return.

— P.J. Hairston isn’t the only college basketball star coming back from suspension, Ole Miss shooting guard Marshall Henderson will participate in the Rebels’ first practice of the season Friday. Henderson was suspended indefinitely back in July for failed drug tests, but good behavior has him back with the team just in time to start the season.

— Drake was a special guest on ESPN this morning to promote his new album and talk about sports. While sitting in with Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless on First Take, he explained his relationship with Coach Cal and Kentucky basketball:

Drake also kicked soccer balls into an open net outside the studio. He went 2-for-5. Open net.

— If you’re looking for something to do in Lexington Sunday after Kentucky beats Florida, the Frankfort Christian Academy booked six members of the Robertson Family from the top rated show A&E’s Duck Dynasty at 3:00 pm in Rupp Arena. For tickets and more information, check out the event’s page at RuppArena.com.

— And on this morning’s radio show, Matt and Ryan brought on ESPN analyst Seth Greenberg to discuss the Wildcats. They also played the worst songs country music has ever known. Have a listen at TalkRadio1080.com.

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for UK Fan of the Day Wants Afternoon Notes and Today’s Podcast

1. UKBLUEGUY
    4:16 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Cute girl

2. BPM
    4:18 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

I am starting to like our chances more and more if the Florida players and coaches are starting to pick Joker’s brain about this game. Hopefully Joker brings in Nuclear Minter for further advice as well.

3. Han
    4:19 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

I think we can all agree that there is nothing else being covered up at UNC and the perfectly reasonable and not-at-all-shady car rental situation had nothing to do with Hairston’s eligibility to play basketball for the UNC Tarheels. We’re also all in agreement that that Fats character’s blatant connections to other former and current players, and the situations with McDonald, were also untroubling. Such activities are not the least bit suspicious when taking place outside of Lexington, KY, but should you hear of any such activities taking place in Lexington, please inform the NCAA immediately so appropriate massive penalties can be immediately leveled.

4. Carl
    4:51 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

How do I go about getting season tickets?????? Can’t find any information about that.

5. Roy Williams
    5:06 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Now dadgummit, stop talking about my boy P.J. He’s a good boy, he just got caught up with the rush of speed, and weed, and….. well, dadgummit!

6. kybigblue
    6:18 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

I suppose Scottie Wilbekin at UF who was suspend will be back for practice and the regular season. I believe this is the second straight year Billy D. has suspended a player during the off season. Now that is really cracking down.

7. joebob
    6:18 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

#1 really…..she’s ok, not ugly or anything but she does have a magnificent rack so I guess I could go with cute

8. Turbo
    7:37 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

And in more news Pitbull explained that he had no clue who Rick Pitino is…

9. the realest
    8:36 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

nice mouth on the girl

10. Deacon
    9:48 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

It’s like the UK Fan of the Day version of The Scream.

11. FinnaGoHAM
    9:52 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I love that picture.

12. Megan
    10:15 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

P.J. Hairston is back with the Tar Heels basketball team? Are you freakin’ kidding me? And here I was defending Roy, knowing he would take these matters seriously and punish the kid in a meaningful way. What exactly was he suspended from, the first week of limited practice? Are you freakin’ kidding me?