UK Fan of the Day Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

That’s a UK fan. It’s the afternoon. And you want notes and a podcast…

— Calipari keeps taking hits from the media. Some guy named Thayer Evans and his Madusa-like hair took a cheap shot at Calipari in his piece about Jim Tressel. While writing about Tressel, college football, and the Ohio State University, the FoxSports.com blogger slipped this in:

And when it comes to the definition of plausible deniability, it contains a photograph of Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari. Although he’s never been a national champion, he’s been one for years when it comes to deny, deny, deny.

Forget that Calipari’s had to vacate two of his three trips to the Final Four because of a player receiving improper benefits and for another reportedly not taking his own SAT. But somehow the detail-oriented coach didn’t know about either and was never suspended by the NCAA. Really?

But hold on; the apologists for Tressel, Calhoun, Newton and Calipari always blame the NCAA for their woes. They’re quick to say college sports’ governing body operates an unfair system.

It’s far from perfect, but the rules are the rules. Can’t adhere to them? Then take your plausible deniability elsewhere.

You can read the full article here. Or you can go back to not knowing who Thayer Evans is.

— A former UK recruit showed up in court today to turn himself in. Syracuse’s Fab Melo was charged with fourth degree criminal mischief for damaging an automobile. Melo is accused of reaching through the window of a car and breaking that little arm thingy that controls the wipers, turn signals, and high beam lights. Wait, you have to go to court for that?

— Josh Pastner’s little sister is making news today for sending a tweet to 2012 recruit Rodney Purvis. Courtney Pastner responded to Purvis’ “huts to lose…” tweet by saying, “I was at the game. You’re the real deal. I can tell you’re a workhorse.” Pastner could be considered a representative of Memphis (her profile background is the Memphis Tiger) and, if that’s the case, contact with a recruit via social media would be an NCAA violation. A very, very, very minor violation.

Keep T.C. Drake in your prayers. His mother said he gave a big thumbs up when doctors asked him to respond to commands. That’s a long way from a recovery but it’s a step in the right direction.

— Get your Kentucky Sports Radio on…

Article written by Drew Franklin

23 Comments for UK Fan of the Day Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

1. Porcino's
    2:26 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

First. The scumbag S.O.B. asshat is just looking for hits. Good on ya for not posting the link.

2. Tim
    2:27 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

Damn I’m getting tired of Cal getting drug into these conversations! He actually reported Camby & NO coach can be at act testing sites to assure their recruit is actually there. It’s not fair he’s had to vacate but it is what it is. Keep doing your thing Cal!! You will soon be a national championship coach!!

3. gossie21
    2:33 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

Thayer Evans is Pete Thamel’s lapdog isn’t he? I believe he conspired with Pete Thamel on their Cam Newton hit piece.

At any rate, the argument he makes against Calipari are laughable.

4. gossie21
    2:33 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

Also, where is the podcast for today’s KSR show? I only see yesterdays listed in the embedded link.

5. Al
    2:34 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

Snooze….more basketball Pharisees.

6. Section 133
    2:39 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

Just one more reason to avoid anything Fox related.

7. JJ
    2:41 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

As much as we hate it there are going to be negative stories about Cal all the time. He has had 2 final fours vacated and that is all they need.

8. Nassau65
    2:44 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

It’s fairly obvious even his parents didn’t like him. If i had a kid i didn’t like, i’d name him Thayer too. Just another asshat looking for clicks.

9. Al's IndiCats
    2:54 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

Again, we worry about what these bucket headed nimrods think and say…I look at it this way, Tressel said he didn’t know and lied. As long as we have the Bob Knights of the world telling everyone who he thought would listen, that Tressel does things the right way and then spreads innuendo after innuendo about UK and our student athletes and it slaps him in the coc….mouth who cares. We have one of the best NCAA compliance person in Sandy Bell,they can say all they want…..After all, don’t they all want to be KENTUCKY?

10. Claud Bawls
    2:57 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

So many factual errors in those four paragraphs that I don’t have time to respond to them all.

Thayer is obviously an ignoramus and his editor FAIL.

11. UKFUNFAN
    3:00 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

found this video with Purvis talking about Kentucky and Harrow

12. UKGirl
    3:02 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

9) I agree. Also, I’m having alot of fun telling these Buckeye fans in Cincy that Tressel is the Bruce Pearl of College Football…hehe

13. Love the Hate
    3:02 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

Personally, I love it. I love that they hate my coach. I love that they hate my program. I love that they find nothing better to do than look for ways to tear Kentucky down. Its good to be hated and feared again. Remember just a few short years ago when we sucked and nobody gave s**t? Wanna go back? Bask in the hate, my friends! Wear it like a warm blue and white blanket.

14. BlueWorldOrder
    3:12 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

I just heard Shaq is retiring

15. bung
    3:18 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

I hear it was like this when UK and Rupp had the lead with 4 Titles. I bet some writers dont even know why they hate UK they were just brought up that way.

16. Sick of the sh*t ...
    3:19 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

NOT ONE media person has ever mentioned anything about the fact that it was Calipari who self-reported Camby.

17. summmmmerrrrrrrzzzz
    3:24 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

Can you click that fan to run on high? Ahhhh.

18. dontbuyit
    3:24 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

when you put this on ksr, the article will get many more hits. Lets just keep it off here and just ignore assholes like this. Or hire a private detective to dig up some dirt on these guys, then publish the dirt.

19. bung
    3:26 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

I wish KSR could do some more interviews with some of the UK Legends. With the NBA in their championship round I bet Frank Ramsey from our undefeated team and having 7 NBA rings would be a good start.

20. notBomaniJones
    3:34 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

Good work compadre

21. Women Everywhere
    4:42 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

They should go get civilly unioned. The he’d be Thayer Thamel. How Sweet!

22. Quick Fiftino
    4:45 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

I bet “plausible deniability” comes into play a lot in Thayer’s social life.

23. Megan
    6:21 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

I’m done clicking on KSR hyperlinks. Fool me twice, shame on me. Never again, jerkwads.

7 – Stop saying that it was Calipari who had the Final Fours vacated. He did no such thing. That kind of phrasing makes him the actor, and gramatically speaking, the one responsible for the action. Why do you think haters like Evans put it that way? “Calipari had to vacate two of his three trips.” Don’t follow suit.

It was the NCAA Committee on Infractions who vacated the Final Fours because agents got to Camby and because the ETS (a nonprofit company) retroactively invalidated Rose’s SAT score for lack of cooperation. Sometimes the fault lies with the player. And if the only thing haters can argue is respondeat superior simply because Cal was the head coach, fine. It’s an incredibly weak position from which to argue, considering the NCAA investigated and exonerated Cal in both matters, at one point finding him to be “an innocent victim.” Those who have never laid eyes on the investigative reports (most everyone) speak from ignorance. Those who have read the reports (Evans, I suspect) speak from denial.