Yesterday, I said the Bobby Knight photo was possibly the greatest Fan of the Day of all-time. I stand corrected. I feel like I just stepped in the the future and took a glimpse into a mirror. And I couldn’t be more pleased. Your move, Big Blue Nation.
A few notes…
– Florida enters Rupp Arena tomorrow as UK’s most talented guest of the year and bring the potential of ending UK’s undefeated streak at home. If you want to look at it from a perspective of optimism, it also gives the chance to get a make-good on some of the deficiencies they’ve displayed this year. Though the game is at home, the Cats have an opportunity to again find a way to close out what will likely be a close game and it will come against a team who as good as any in the nation in doing so. Florida is 8-1 in their last nine games that went to overtime or were decided by six points or less. The Cats are 0-7 in games they were leading at the final television timeout. As we mentioned this morning, a discrepancy that large likely signals a mental issue. Winning a close one with the Gators could do a lot to make you feel a lot better about one of their main points of concerns in games away from Rupp.
– As you’re reading this, Coach Cal and the players are meeting with the media. We’ll give you an update in a bit regarding what was said.
– In his meeting with the media, Rick Pitino said “There are no bubble teams in the Big East. There are 11 teams and they are all locks.” I’ll let you analyze that one yourself.
– A report in an Alabama newspaper that Trevor Lacey had signed circulated a bit this morning, but it’s a mistake. Players cannot sign until April 13. However, it’s very possible that Lacey is already committed. In fact, I think everyone essentially assumes that.
– If you’re still looking for a cure to all of what ails the Cats, the blog Ballin’ Is A Habit takes a look at where the Cats are falling short. They agree with nearly everyone that the talent is there for them to be a serious contender, but they lack the confidence to take that next step right now. Check it out.
– In the history of journalism, millions of words have been transcribed. In this story about Billy Gillispie and Texas Tech, though, an old man offers the greatest quote in the history of spoken word. It’s the 12th paragraph. And it’s not something you’d repeat in front of your mother.
– The NFL Draft Combine is underway and Randall Cobb and Derrick Locke are participants. In an interview with Ravens Insider, Cobb said he wants to improve his forty time, which was clocked at 4.55 in the spring. Cobb said that he believes he plays faster than that and wants to “shatter” the expectations. You can read the blurb here.
In case you missed this morning’s episode of Kentucky Sports Radio, the guys ended the week on a bang talking about UK and stuff. Fake Dave Ramsey hit them with a solid phone call and Matt made two very cool announcements. Make sure you check it out.