– After talking with a the conference’s coaches on yesterday’s teleconference, the Sporting News has conclued that a 22-game conference schedule is very unlikely for the SEC. Calipari called it “a disaster” a few weeks ago and several coaches echoed that sentiment, with Kevin Stallings calling their current conference schedule “armageddon”. We’ll most likely see 16-18 games.
– Brandon Knight was on the Jim Rome Show this afternoon and talked about the reasoning behind going with #7 next season as a Piston. Knight said it had a double meaning for him. It’s both a divine number and it’s representative of the number of teams that passed on him in the draft. A close third: He loves Brad Pitt movies.
– Knight also spoke glowingly about Lexington and the fans, though he did say that he came very close to ending up at UConn. Knight credited the fan support for the team’s Final Four run, saying that they always were pushing them to get better and supporting them. That’s like a re-worded version of Calipari’s “you’re crazy” line and I love it.
– It appears that there are some major changes potentially heading down the pipe for SEC football recruiting. Some of them involve changing the rules for Facebook and some are just dates, but there are a whole lot of them and CBS Sports has them all. You can check it out here.
– Did you think the press release battle between UK and the NCAA was over? Well, maybe not. The Courier-Journal’s Eric Crawford says that Kentucky included the note that Calipari has taken three teams to the Final Four in their press release about his contract extension. And what’s more amusing is that Crawford found the same note on the NCAA’s official site. I’M SO CONFUSED BY ALL OF THIS!!!!
– You might have heard that Ramon Harris went off for 51 points in China yesterday. But did you know that he’s currently averaging 20 points, 6 rebounds and 2 steals per game? And he’s shooting 43% from the three point line? Like we’ve always said, Tubby recruits superstars.
– This also confuses me. Remember when cars were vandalized on U of L’s campus shortly after the UK – U of L football game and a UK fan was arrested? Well this week’s crime tip says that police are looking for a white male, who was wearing a black and red shirt and a red hat. Hmm. That doesn’t sound like a UK fan. Of course, I thought this whole thing was resolved.
If you missed the show today, check out the podcast below. It has Bomani Jones on it and that should be reason enough. Give it a listen.