UK Fan of the Day at the Taj Mahal Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

The Taj Mahal? I think this is a first. Well played, sir. Well played.

— Don’t expect to see any UK guys shaking hands with Roger Goodell tonight when the first 32 picks of the 2012 NFL Draft air at 8:00 ET on ESPN. Danny Trevathan and Winston Guy are projected to go late in the draft, although Guy believes he would be a better prospect had he gone to another school:

KSTV will air an interview with Guy tonight on cn|2 at 7:30 and 11:00.

Mislav Brzoja is taking his official visit to Kentucky today, despite reports that he visited campus yesterday. Brzoja, who just picked up an offer from LSU, is gaining momentum in the recruiting world after a strong performance at the Nike Spring Showdown and the interest he’s getting from Calipari will only bring more offers from others schools. He’s still a mysterious player to much of the fanbase, considering no one had even heard his name until earlier this week. Like we do in every other recruiting situation, we’ll sit back and let Cal work his magic with this one. Though I will say it’d be fun to have a Mislav Brzoja on the roster next year. Brzojas before hojas.

— The news on Anthony Bennett is there is no news on Anthony Bennett. The wait continues…

— Yesterday, Tom Crean hinted that the IU-UK rivalry may be coming to an end, at least for the time being. Crean said, “It’s not that (Louisville) couldn’t happen down the road, but I don’t foresee it this year.” Kentucky wants neutral sites, Indiana wants home versus home, and both sides stand firm in their argument.

— Stone Cold Willow will be throwing out the first pitch tonight at the Lexington Legends game. Terrence Jones has the impossible task of following the Kentucky Rattlesnake with the honorary second pitch. Tonight’s event at Whitaker Bank Ballpark has the makings of the single greatest night in the history of America’s pastime. See you there.

— Today’s radio show had a lot of talk about the Kentucky-Indiana basketball rivalry, American Idol, and the NFL Draft. Have a listen…

Article written by Drew Franklin

45 Comments for UK Fan of the Day at the Taj Mahal Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

1. kentuckyrules
    2:39 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

2. Ignore Winston
    2:50 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Please…just…ignore Winston Guy. If he had 1/100th of the talent the THINKS he has, he may have been drafted high. Funny how Cobb found his way to the 2nd round coming from UK isn’t it. Here’s a tip… stop blaming everybody but yourself for your shortcomings Winston… its way too obvious why you won’t be drafted, and it has nothing to do with WHERE you played, but a lot to do with HOW you played.

3. Houston Wildcat
    2:51 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Thanks Winston for helping our already terrible recruiting….

4. Gooch
    2:51 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Yeah right Winston. Keep dreaming. You might not even have stepped foot on the field at a better football school.

5. Who
    2:51 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Is stone cold willow?

6. Answer
    2:52 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Drummer for the old rock band called the byrds I believe..

7. Gooch
    2:54 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

5- your worst nightmare

8. TJM
    2:57 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

that picture is 100% fake.

9. Real answer
    3:00 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Stone Cold was or is a wrestler that was huge back in the late 90s when I was at UK.. Has some Kentucky ties I believe..

10. MarkyMark
    3:04 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

I feel sorry for Winston if only he had attended a Football powerhouse like Jacksonville State Like Walter Payton or Tulane like Matt Forte, then maybe he would of been taken in the first round. To bad all the high picks in the NFL are from BCS schools. Maybe some year Kentucky can schedule some of those BCS schools so at least the NFL can see how well Kentucky’s players can play against those future NFL high round picks.

11. inpursuitof9
    3:09 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

that picture doesnt even compare to the mao goggles

12. snoopaloop
    3:09 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Maybe if he actually had the talent to play at a high power BCS school, then he would have played at a high power BCS school.

13. StoneColdWillowSucks
    3:12 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Enough with this goofball already

14. HicksPickSix
    3:27 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

How does Stone Cold Willow get to throw out the first pitch at the Legends game? I’m not even trying to be a d!ck; I legitimately don’t get it.

15. SagaciousMind
    3:28 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

One tweet by Winston Guy and recruiting is probably killed.

16. Rockfield,KY
    3:32 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Winston had offers from UK, UL, Minnesota, Arkansas, and MTSU. If he thinks he would have been any drafted any higher that those schools, I’d like to know which it would have been. Mostly likely MTSU. It’s the only one he’d have gotten more PT than at UK.

17. MemphisCat
    3:34 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

I see Memphis has player that will be called tonight, and he didn’t play for a top BCS school. If your good the scouts will notice and you will get what you deserve. Thanks Winston for your time at UK, but don’t blame us for you getting burnt and missing tackles becasue UK is not a top BCS team.

18. CC_332
    3:40 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Where can I e-mail pictures to be posted on KSR? Or at least for consideration.

19. Rockfield,KY
    3:46 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Winston had a good senior year and he has good speed, but 3 years of shoulder tackling and missing will not get you noticed by scouts, no matter where you play.

20. Big Richard P
    3:46 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Don’t tase me Brzo’!

21. G
    3:47 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

I’ll send my pic of me wearing a UK wife beater getting a happy ending in a Bangkok massage parlor.

22. UKWildcat_fanatic
    3:51 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

I agree the picture is a fake….Look at the shadow on the guy and the shadows on the ground.

23. thenamerobdigity
    3:53 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

If Winston Guy played for a high profile program, he wouldn’t have played. Therefore, would be thinking about his place of employment, rather than the NFL.

24. Anthony Davis Has A Posse
    3:58 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Thanks for the recruiting boost, Winston. Not getting burned in coverage every other series might help, too, if you want to be an NFL DB.

25. Ohman
    4:08 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Oh man that tweet makes u sound like an f’in loser

If I played somewhere else it’d be diff. Hahaha loser

If I didn’t suck I’d be better
    If could and woulda never did
    U picked shi t hole uk now live with it and stop acting like a little bitc h

26. MKG Fan
    4:12 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

I appreciate that Guy went to UK, but c’mon man. That guy missed way to many tackles to start at any major football school.

27. cats11
    4:19 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

From the KSTV interview I just watched, I don’t you can call him “articulate.”

28. Fubar
    4:31 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

I wish Guy played at another school, so we’re in agreement. Perhaps if he didn’t get burned on pass coverages and miss so many tackles, he’d be getting his name called tonight.

29. 3 fan
    4:36 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Can SOMEONE please explain to me why UK is forcing Joker to continue the death march?

30. Big Blue
    4:55 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

If you’re good enough, you’re good enough – it has nothing to do with where you play.

31. BT
    4:56 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Hey Winston take Tim Couch as your paradigm of hope.

32. Mudcreekmark
    5:25 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Look at the picks each year and you’ll see players you’ve never heard of from places you have never heard of or didn’t know they even had a football team. If you can play, they will find you. They found Jerry Rice didn’t they? If, and that is a big if, some bigger BCS teams like USC or Alabama or LSU or any of the top ten teams would have offered him, he’d been back in a couple of years with his tail between his legs.He would have never seen the field.

33. Lonnieb
    5:32 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

I never get on here and bash anyone involved with uk but guy struck a nerve. What a little bitch. Uk football is not uk basketball however you still play in sec which is by far the best football conference. My problem with his comment is that he needs to think it through and say to himself ” if I was better I would be at a better football school”. What a douche…….. Don’t blame it on the program…… There has been plenty of uk football players drafted high…… The problem was that he did not even stand out
    What a piece of shit….. Don’t ever bite the hand that feeds you….. Not to mention nfl teams have to think now if he was ever good and something happened he would throw the team under the bus….

34. Drew Franklins Jay-Z Painting
    5:37 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

i will never look at the Taj Mahal Hall the same

35. dave
    5:49 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

29-b/c any coach we would look to hire would say to himself:
    “joker’s 11-14, he’s recruiting decently and he’s an alumnus.
    if they’re gonna fire him after 2 years then why would i go there?”

36. Mudcreekmark
    6:01 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

The guy in the picture is doing the “Faith Hill” while giving us the 3 goggles. He is impressive indeed.(Only a true South Park fan will appreciate that one)

37. Mudcreekmark
    6:08 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

33) I agree. I try not to attack players because they are kids. But Guy is old enough to know better than to throw an entire university under the bus. This is the first time in the history of UK that a player has came out and said something this vile towards their team.Is he trying to hurt recruiting? I hope he doesn’t get drafted and I hope he doesn’t catch on with a team.Then I guess he can go into his job interviews and tell them that if he’d went to a better school he’d have better answers for them.

38. Tmo
    6:53 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

I honestly think Guy is trying to knock the NFL draft and the BCS but he seriously needs to think about things he posts on the internet before he hits the enter button.

39. jpizzle
    7:17 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

I want to like Winston Guy but…

40. WildcatDJ
    7:28 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

#8 – That picture is 100% real…that’s my long time friend Nema Etebar and he is in India right now for some photography shots. He lives in Philly and flew into Lex for the Final Four. He was born and raised in Winchester, KY along with me.

41. G
    7:53 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Wow… I don’t know how he could have possibly ended up looking like more of a fairy!

42. Don't read 'em, just post 'em
    8:56 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Guy, You right, guy.

I love Joker, but if he really loved UK football, after this season they wouldn’t have to ask him to leave, he would say, “I Love Kentucky Football that much, that I must step aside and let someone else do better.” King Solomon style.

And it would bring tears to my eyes. A proud moment in a fan’s life.

That’s why I Love Joker Phillips. I think he would step aside for the better.

Much Love for Ya Joker. Much Love.

43. I lied, I read 'em after I post 'em
    8:59 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

#36: Yeah!!! He IS doin’ the Faith Hill AND the 3 goggles!!! Even better.

44. Ok, one more
    9:07 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Seriously, UK underestimates the extent of the fanage (word?, new one) they have with KY football. (KY, lol)

Kentucky has a HUGE HUGE FAN BASE & they don’t even give an adequate nod to us. So much $$ lost on them yet again holding onto “tradition” or as I like to call it, fat old white guys who don’t even know what cool truly is anymore. (BTW, the word cool isn’t even “cool” anymore.

Just as Joker needs to do, (any real leader does) Hire people that can deliver for you.

And yes, Matt Jones, I do still “Believe” that Joker feels it in his heart. I’d be devastated to see him go, SO HIRE THE F’N PEOPLE TO GET IT DONE RIGHT JP!!!!!!!

45. Winston Guy ran a 4.7(?) 40 yrd dash at the NFL combine. He is the worst DB I have ever seen at covering a pass. If he was on a better team he would not have played even in college.