UK confirms Clemons’ injury, plus a quote from Stoops

clemons

We now have an official word from the program; Kentucky running back Josh Clemons sustained an Achilles tendon injury and is expected to miss the entire 2013 season.

“We are extremely disappointed for Josh because he has worked so hard and come so far,” Coach Mark Stoops said in the release. “He ran well during the spring and was eager to contribute this season. We are hopeful for a full recovery and look forward to his return to the field.”

Clemons missed all of last season while rehabbing a knee injury. He carried the ball 10 times for 56 yards and caught two passes during the Blue/White game.

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for UK confirms Clemons’ injury, plus a quote from Stoops

1. Mc
    3:52 pm July 15, 2013 Permalink

Sucks. Tore my Achilles at 23 playing football. Took about 4 months before I was jogging and sprinting, and 5 months before I was making pretty hard cuts. I’d say I got back to 90 percent of what I was. With a disciplined rehab, and access to good facilities, hopefully he can come back close to where he was. Good luck in the recovery.

2. Musehobo
    4:01 pm July 15, 2013 Permalink

Hate that for him. If there’s a bright side to be found anywhere in this, it’s that he may get another year with a Stoops team that is building. Meaning, maybe he’ll get a shot at a good bowl game in a couple years. Heal up man!

3. tom
    4:05 pm July 15, 2013 Permalink

2. Good way to look at up side. Feel bad for the young man.

4. Rockfield, KY
    4:05 pm July 15, 2013 Permalink

2. I agree. That’s about the only silver lining here. Tough break.

5. Sheriff Buford T. Justice
    4:06 pm July 15, 2013 Permalink

Wow, hate that for him. Dude just can’t catch a break. Get well soon big fella

6. 44 Stitches
    4:21 pm July 15, 2013 Permalink

I HATE this. Clemons played in the same county were I went to high school at. Saw him play against my old school his JR and Sr years of high school. He was a BEAST. Being a beast or having a beast like game against my old school is saying some thing now a days. They are a GA F’ball powerhouse. Clemons JR and SR they didn’t stop him even though his team lost both years. Still impressive the games he had because his JR and SR years my old school ended up winning state both years. So it wasn’t like he was running over some chumps. The day he committed to us was the most hype I’ve ever been over a recruit. Hope he gets healthy.

7. BluKudzu
    4:24 pm July 15, 2013 Permalink

I read about the injury and immediately started putting Mr. Clemons in my prayers. Take all the time to heal your body and get back to BBN. You are worth the wait for us and we want nothing but the best for our people. God Bless you young man, you will get through this better than you can imagine. We are all rooting for you and praying for you. Touch Down Kentucky!!! Only because of you….Mr. Josh Clemons. 20 forever.

8. fakinnomah
    4:29 pm July 15, 2013 Permalink

Get well soon young man and hopefully you can come back 100%. Thoughts and prayers!

9. Tough break
    4:42 pm July 15, 2013 Permalink

Hate that for Clemons. Injuries suck, keep your head up man. Here’s to a speedy recovery.

10. Poor Kid
    5:35 pm July 15, 2013 Permalink

He has so much explosive talent. Hate to see this happen again to him. Get well soon and get back our there. I’m really looking forward to seeing a 100% healthy Clemmons.

11. come on
    5:46 pm July 15, 2013 Permalink

Can he get a redshirt year and then a medical redshirt?
    Josh Clemons
    In our thoughts
    In our speach
    In our hearts

12. hersheyisabear
    6:34 pm July 15, 2013 Permalink

Hate this for him. Guy can not catch a damn break.

13. nick
    6:43 pm July 15, 2013 Permalink

Any chance he could get another redshirt year for medical purses even though he redshirted last year? Love the kid and he’s definitely someone I would love to see fully healthy down the road he’s so gifted, incredibly talented and works extremely hard, I would love nothing more than for him to be able to reach his full potential

14. CoTToN
    7:37 pm July 15, 2013 Permalink

Get well Josh. BBN is behind you 100% in your rehab and comeback.

15. BillP
    8:33 pm July 15, 2013 Permalink

BBN is pulling for you Josh! We wish you a speedy and full recovery!

16. Linda Taylor
    11:16 pm July 15, 2013 Permalink

I know of a great dancer who ruptured his right Achilles tendon and then almost exactly one year later he tore his left Achilles tendon. He has made a complete recovery from both injuries and is making movies about ballet, dancing in Broadway shows, etc. He doesn’t seem to have lost any of his skill or agility or amplitude. So full recovery is possible with these kinds of injuries. Let’s hope Josh has the same luck in his recovery and let’s try to help him keep his spirits up through the healing process.

17. ribin
    6:12 am July 16, 2013 Permalink

Kid can’t catch a break — hope he recovers and fulfills his dreams.