Tyus Jones will visit Kentucky on September 27

tyusjones

Last week, we found out Jahlil Okafor would visit the Cats, and this week, his buddy Tyus Jones announces he will make a trip to Lexington too. The top 2014 point guard tweeted today that he will take an official visit to Kentucky from September 27-29, along with an unofficial visit to Minnesota today, an official visit to Baylor from August 30-September 1, Kansas October 18-20, and Duke October 25-27.

Okafor and Jones have discussed being a package deal at the next level, and plan to take all visits together, except the one to Lexington. Okafor will come to town for the Alumni Game on September 9, a week after he and Jones visit Baylor.

22 Comments for Tyus Jones will visit Kentucky on September 27

1. Hmmm...
    1:06 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

I wonder why he and Okafor aren’t coming to Lexington at the same time? It seems like Duke is in the perfect place with the last official visit (closest to signing date) and getting Jones/Okafor on campus together.

Mudiay

2. Dandy Don
    1:14 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

Ryan Lemond likes banana popsicles

3. Al/in/Indy
    1:14 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

I’d love to see him come to UK, but if not good luck to him.

4. JaredCarterIsMyHomeboy
    1:16 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

I like our chances better that they AREN’T visiting together. It would seem to me, given Cal’s skills and how he recruits players, he would be better going at these two individually. And you never know he could convince one and not the other and blow up the package deal.

5. Uncle Drew gets buckets
    1:18 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

I will be shocked if he goes any where besides Duke.

6. tennessee wildcat
    1:35 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

I wonder if this visit by Jones is just professional courtesy by cal and staff?

7. 90% of UL fans in Louisville live in the projects and leech off the government
    1:36 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

Anyone else think he looks like Baba Booey, or the singer from Hall and Oates?

8. Hank
    1:45 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

#7- I live in Louisville and am a UK fan. Your screen name is really terrible. Not clever, not true, just mean. Come on, you make UK fans look bad.

9. BBN Gary Oldman
    1:54 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

I’ve said all along that Jones isn’t the can’t miss PG for 2014, I think that honor goes to Mr. Mudiay. With that said, I wouldn’t mind getting both, though it looks very unlikely.

10. EK
    1:54 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

Hope we get Mudiay….. Jones won’t make it here! IN CAL WE TRUST!! GO CATS!!

11. Bilbo
    1:55 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

7. Yeah you are stupid. I bet your teeth were knocked out by a chainsaw

12. Kyrie Irving
    2:06 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

I did the same thing, ya’ll. I visited Kentucky when it was long-understood I was headed to Duke. Jones is Duke-bound. Okafor as well. BBN will get Mudiay, Johnson, Lyles, Blackmon, Vaughn, Towns and probably a local kid for a 7 man class. Lee comes back. So it is written, so it is done.

13. DH
    2:09 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

7) No. Daryl Hall has longer blonde hair. He looks more like the guitarist, John Oates, but he really doesn’t look anything like him, either. BTW, the Quaker truck is haulin’ oats.

14. StupidKat
    2:19 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

We would benefit so much from a class where 2 package deals land at Kentucky. We’d miss out on Mudiay-turner, but could secure Jones-okafor jones-Winslow okafor-Alexander and lyles-Blackmon. What message does the send to the next generation of recruits? ‘If your talented and have talented friends come to Kentucky’ Cal’s working magic!

15. wkylawcat
    2:23 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

Yep, 12. Not sure why Jones is coming for a visit. Slow weekend on the schedule I guess.

16. M
    2:24 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

#8) Hank-in fairness, he did say 90%.

17. Wiggins scandal
    2:30 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

In football I wouldn’t mind if every big name recruit had UK in their top 5 (for now anyways), maybe this is just me, but for basketball I’m tired of every single big name recruit riding the sacred UK namesake in their top 5 just for the added publicity for themselves. I say this because I think Jones is a puke lock.

18. jmfatz47
    2:50 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

I still believe that we get Cliff Alexander.

19. BBN_in_Iowa
    3:09 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

I know I will get killed for this but this kid is the ONE kid I pray we don’t get! I know any school would kill to get the #1 ranked PG but I can truly say I would be extremely disappointed. He is super soft (as most Midwestern kids are) and would get destroyed by the spotlight of Cal and BBN. When you get west of the Mississippi River I can assure you the Midwestern kids are some of the most backward, self absorbed, delusional pricks you will EVER meet. Mark my words BBN you will be so thankful when this kid picks Duke or anywhere else for that matter.

20. Bravocat
    5:06 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

For some reason, he just looks like a Dookie to me.

21. Joe
    5:34 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

I’d much rather have mudiay. I don’t want this kid no matter how good he is, for completely shallow & ridiculous reasons. He looks like a duke or Florida player. Like if calethes, Noah, & wilbekin had an ass baby together. I just don’t like him based purely on looks

22. bigcatstanding
    7:35 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

#21 I’m with you for different reasons he is week on defense, and isn’t vocal at all. And when you have a team full of freshman you need a leader at point guard. Reason number 2 him and the #1 C changing the way recruiting is done. To me that says they are bigger than the games. So for me next up ) ( see ya in the tournament.