Tyus Jones Still Has Kentucky On His Mind

tyusjones

With Mudiay now a Mustang, the Cats will turn to the other offered point guards in the class. Tyus Jones, the number 1 or 2 point guard depending on who you ask, will in all likelihood be in heavy contact with the Kentucky staff after this weekend’s developments. Jones spoke with SNY.tv (ZagsBlog) about what the Mudiay decision means for him and Kentucky, and he was fairly blunt about it. “It (Mudiay’s decision) just means that I’m still looking at them. If he were to have gone to Kentucky, we obviously would have had to have a talk with them because he is a point guard, but I’m still just gonna keep going through my recruiting process with Kentucky still involved and we’ll see where it goes,” Jones said after the Elite 24 game in Brooklyn. Jones tallied 10 points in the game which helped him garner one of the 4 MVP awards given out. Stanley Johnson, Emmanuel Mudiay, and Isaiah Whitehead were the other MVPs.

Jones is visiting Kentucky on September 27th, notably without his package deal partner Jahlil Okafor. It was a surprising visit date since most recruits are visiting during the Alumni Game or Big Blue Madness. Jones will have the luxury of watching the Cats take on Florida at Commonwealth and hopefully witnessing the end of the streak. He has been considered a Duke lean for awhile and has not set a decision date. Jones has scheduled 3 other visits outside of Kentucky this fall: Baylor, Kansas, and Duke. The 6’1″ point guard out of Minnesota unofficially visited Kentucky last January for a game.

Trust in Coach Cal.

@JayHochKSR

Article written by Jay Hochstetler

I live the sad but addicting life of tracking where 15-18 year old gentleman are considering for their collegiate basketball careers. Follow me @JayHochKSR

22 Comments for Tyus Jones Still Has Kentucky On His Mind

1. SeaCat
    2:32 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

I wonder what Cal is thinking about this Jones Okafor
    thing and how that will effect team play.

2. O T I S
    2:32 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

End the streak? Who do you think you are? Louisville?
    Go Cards

3. O T I S
    3:37 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

Here is who I am: An insecure, pathetic, sniveling coward. Pleased to meet me…

4. idontflinch
    3:58 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

Mudiay picking SMU does suck, I won’t lie, but it is still way too early for BBN to panic. It is the class of 2014 after all. Heck, the 2013 class just got to campus. Plenty of time for Coach Cal to recruit another good class of players.

5. BlueTexan
    4:07 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

From CBS Sports: “Since he blew up as a high school freshman, most signs pointed to Mudiay ending up at Kentucky. He was the classic John Calipari point guard: strong, aggressive, able to get into the lane against any defender. In fact, every prediction in the 247Sports Crystal Ball had Mudiay pegged for Lexington heading into Friday.

Then everything changed.”

Don’t like losing to that loser Larry Brown…he’s 72 y.o. and we lose Mudiay to SMU???????

6. BlueTexan
    4:08 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

Then everything changed.”

Don’t like losing a player to that loser Larry Brown…he’s 72 y.o. and we lose Mudiay to SMU???????

7. Chris
    4:20 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

Funny how KSR was excited to report Mudiay as the undisputed #1 PG when new rankings came out on certain websites because he was thought to be a UK lock. Now that he has committed to SMU, Tyus Jones is “the number 1 or 2 point guard depending on who you ask.” Neither Jones or Okafor will attend UGay.

8. Yes, Hysterical
    4:24 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

Yes, “Chris”, isn’t that funny? Not quite as comical as your pathetic life though.

9. Jordan
    4:27 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

Is Drew alive? Someone should check on him, I think he’s taking the Mudiay thing pretty hard. Ulis is like an Allen Iverson i actually think he is better than Mudiay or Jones.

10. kybb
    4:35 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

Lol, “UGay”

Now that is clever.

11. Chris
    4:56 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

#8 Brilliant comeback. Would’ve been better if you had actually addressed the content of my post, but I was also 12 years old once and I know that you had to rush your response because mom said it’s time for dinner and you better log off.

12. Parker
    5:04 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

It’s funny how when UK and John Calipri loose the #1 freaking point guard all these clowns start talking like the world stopped. Are you kidding me? Some of the people running it act like Rick Pitino and UofL didn’t offer the kid. Or Bill Self and Kansas! Yet only cal lost this recruit to SMU. Not any if the other 7 offers. And what coach did the espn guys talk about along with Larry brown John Calipari. Cals still got this. BTW we have a championship to win in basketball plus rumblings of 40-0. After UOFL winning it? Please… LET BE KNOWN! We’re still on top of the world in basketball. Because your at KENTUCKY! You can do that!

13. Chaz
    5:23 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

Thank you Parker, for trying to put the recruiting thing in perspective and being positive about the overall process. I’m going to enjoy the upcoming season and leave the 2014 to Cal.

14. Chris
    5:27 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

Yes, I was 12 years old once. I am 53 now, yet I still visit this board to act out like a child.

15. Chris is sad
    5:47 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

Chris, you call UK, UGay and then have the audacity to say the respondent’s answer is that of a 12 year old. He is right in his assessment that you live a pathetic life.

16. Jim G.
    5:49 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

Chris are you sure your not a good friend of V.Putin?

17. tuxedo park
    6:10 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

4 mvp’s? did everyone get a trophy?

18. Chris
    8:17 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

It appears I’ve made some people mad haha. Still haven’t seen anybody address the content of my original post. Saying that I have a pathetic life, even though you have no idea who I am, is just a cop out because none of you have anything of substance to say.

19. Chris is sad
    8:46 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

Chris, I know your life is pathetic just because of the fact that you feel the need to come to our website and talk trash. I don’t like Louisville but I have no desire to go to their website and read anything much less pick a fight. Let them enjoy their team.You epitomize the stereotype of the bad fan From your last post, it is clear you take enjoyment from making people mad. That tells me you are pathetic.

20. Chris
    9:16 pm August 25, 2013 Permalink

Have you been drinking with Ashley Lowery? I appreciate you hanging on my nuts. That makes my time here worth while.

21. Megan
    12:54 am August 26, 2013 Permalink

Don’t feed the trolls. Don’t give them the attention they crave.

22. cracka
    12:01 pm August 26, 2013 Permalink

Cal will end up with the #1 class and design his gameplan around the team he ends up with