Tyler Bray: Open Mouth, Insert Foot

Alternatively titled (if this post were about Tennessee students in general) “Open Butt, Insert Franzia”

Man, do I wish I was the girl who had the honor of wearing Bray’s letterman jacket.

Just a little extra motivation for you folks this morning. In case you needed more reasons to hate Tyler Bray, let’s take a look at the top three times Tennessee’s quarterback has said and done the worst things possible.

July 25, 2012: Tyler Bray is accused of throwing beer bottles on a parked car in an apartment complex with his roommate (typical roomie bonding!). He escapes punishment when the owner of the car decides not to press charges.

October 14, 2012: One thing about Bray, he really knows how to win over Tennessee fans…

(after the loss to Mississippi State)

In something resembling better judgment than we’re accustomed to from him, Bray deleted the tweet and apologized soon after.

November 13, 2012: Bray tells media I’m paid to win football games. Wait, what? “I mean… my education. That’s what the SEC likes to call ‘getting paid.'” Whew! Good save!

And of course, his infamous tattoo (thanks to Hamilton Alverson for the friendly reminder):

I think we can assume that no matter what the outcome of the game is, at least we’ll have Tyler Bray for some post-game entertainment in the press conference. Keep it up, Bray- your well-documented fumbles off the field are one of the few reasons Kentucky fans can keep smiling these days.

@KristenGeilKSR

Article written by Kristen Geil

21 Comments for Tyler Bray: Open Mouth, Insert Foot

1. barn
    10:53 am November 24, 2012 Permalink

i see he’s a neck thrower with the beer bottle. i always get better results letting my fingers roll off the barrel end. good form anyway

2. SevenT
    10:53 am November 24, 2012 Permalink

Tyler Bray is an overhyped punk and a quitter. He has never played well in big games. I look for the Cats to win in a very close game today.

GO BIG BLUE

3. H to the G
    10:54 am November 24, 2012 Permalink

Good morning KSR. I would like to thank you for once again proving my point. This is the most hypocritical site I’ve seen. You delete my posts but keep hateful retorts. You’re the best. Keep up the good work. I’m not going anywhere.

4. H to the G
    10:54 am November 24, 2012 Permalink

Hi Fatt! Still mad?

5. H to the G
    11:00 am November 24, 2012 Permalink

You suck as writers. Paid to play is a common expression. Don’t act like it meant something more than that. Ksr is quickly degrading into a site simply looking for hits. I guess the site takes after its creator though.

6. takeiteasy
    11:04 am November 24, 2012 Permalink

Jeeze someone is bitter this morning^^^. You sound like my gf nag nag nag bitch bitch bitch lol

7. Maxwell
    11:15 am November 24, 2012 Permalink

Jeez, apparently this post made all of the UT fans upset this morning. Of course, I would be upset as well if I was a UT fan. Been a pretty rough year. I hope you guys can beat a pretty beat up UK team. Don’t let us beat you 2 years in a row…

8. Pissed in his wheaties!
    11:17 am November 24, 2012 Permalink

3)4)5). Bobby? Bobby Knight is that you? Im sorry your wake up piss burned more than normal this morning but i think Kristen as well as Mr. Jones would be upset by those comments. Such brutality isnt needed my fine friend. Youll be happy to know KSR is still the best place to come for all your Kentucky sports related news and gags and quite frankly i love the way the site has evolved and grown. You sir need to go find a soft comfy chair, proceed to throw it then pick it back up and sit your old wrinkled backside on down. Have a fantastic day and Go Cats! 17-13 win over the Vols!

9. PrintingT-Shirts
    11:32 am November 24, 2012 Permalink

‘Ol Smokey will be whizzin’ on Chokers cuffs by 3rd qtr.UT 17-UK 9

10. yep
    11:33 am November 24, 2012 Permalink

5. How many times have you heard a college player say “I’m paid to win games”?

11. H to the G
    11:35 am November 24, 2012 Permalink

10 – probably the same number of times I was in your mom. Too many to count.

12. GTH
    11:37 am November 24, 2012 Permalink

H to the G, you can rant and rave all you want, no one is going to give two [email protected]#*s

The mantra for this blog has always been “University of Kentucky Basketball, Football, and Recruiting news brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible.” If you don’t like the style, then go read Tipton.

You’re simply a nuisance to the rest of us, nothing more.

13. H to the G
    11:40 am November 24, 2012 Permalink

Obviously, I mean more to you than just a nuisance because you took the time to respond. I know you love me. It’s ok, I love you too. All hail matt jones. He doth know all. You people are just like the maggardites that use to go around sticking up for maggard.

14. Funky Monkey
    11:44 am November 24, 2012 Permalink

Yup, KSR is a bunch of hypocritical wussies, … they have this but don’t report of even give a link to the Sean Woods suspension? They cave to the Sean Woods posse? Way to jump the shark and be the Fox News of BBN.

15. Wow
    1:01 pm November 24, 2012 Permalink

14- You sir, are a babbling idiot:

16. GTh
    1:02 pm November 24, 2012 Permalink

13- no, I simply thought I would point out your insignificance. Go back to hanging out in your parents’ basement.

17. H to the G
    1:45 pm November 24, 2012 Permalink

Haha. So insignificant that you responded to me twice. My home doesn’t have a basement. I know you do because I was in your mom an wife last night. Boom

18. ok-cats-computer
    1:45 pm November 24, 2012 Permalink

I think it’s nice that Bray made the effort to connect with Tennessee fans by getting his stylish tattoo in classic fireworks advertising font.

19. H to the G
    2:38 pm November 24, 2012 Permalink

I’m sorry I meant to say your dad and brother were in me last night…that is more my style. BOOM

20. H to the G
    2:39 pm November 24, 2012 Permalink

I just come on here and complain because I have a gay crush on Matt

21. Funky Monkey
    3:09 pm November 24, 2012 Permalink

15 – I stand corrected. I looked all over for news of that on KSR before I posted but missed it. Didn’t seem like KSR, so good for them. Glad you called me out. Rock on KSR!