Two UK targets from the 2014 class make news today

Okafor is the top-ranked center in 2014

We have two recruiting tidbits this afternoon, neither of which are of the Julius Randle or Andrew Wiggins variety, unfortunately:

First, Jaquan Lyle trimmed his list down to 10 schools and Kentucky is still involved with the point guard from Evansville, Indiana.  Texas, Louisville, Indiana, Georgetown, Illinois, N.C. State, Cincinnati, Ohio State and Tennessee also made the cut.  Lyle, a 6-foot-4 point guard, visited this year’s Big Blue Madness and said, “I know if you want to be great then UK is a good place to go,” following the visit.  However, he does not yet have an offer from Kentucky as he falls behind Tyus Jones and Emmanuel Mudiay on the priority list for the point guard spot.

And over on his blog on USA Today, Jahlil Okafor said he liked seeing the Harrison twins commit to Kentucky. “Everyone knew that they were obviously a package deal the whole time and that reminded me of me and Tyus,” he wrote.

Okafor is the No. 2 recruit in ESPN’s Top 60 for 2014. Tyus Jones is No. 1.

Article written by Drew Franklin

24 Comments for Two UK targets from the 2014 class make news today

1. RyanLemond
    12:27 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

This boy is a sexy pick!

2. Jones Returns
    12:34 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Andrew Wiggins vs Nerlens Noel, Archie Goodwin and Shabazz Muhammed

3. UkAlum92
    12:45 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Why are Okafor and Jones a pkg. deal? What is their connection?

4. Mountain man
    12:49 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Why are Okafor and Jones a pkg. deal? What is their connection?

Just close friends, I guess.

5. RyanLemond
    12:52 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Why did you post the same thing twice under a different pseudonym?
    Creep.

6. John O
    12:54 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

They are bestfriends and want to play together. We have to steal them from Duke though. http://www.usatodayhss.com/news/article/top-junior-center-jahlil-okafor-duke-visit-basketball-season

7. I Say
    1:02 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

I want Emmanuel Mudiay, kid is the real deal

8. EVIL
    1:02 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Hey RyanLemond. Why do you giggle like an idiot for 2 hours everyday on the show? Why do you hold Matt up on a pedastal when he always puts you down and ignores you when you make a comment?

9. MemphisCat
    1:18 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Lyle pretty much summed it up with his comment “I know if I want to be great then UK is the place to go”. My question is why do players choose not to be great and work hard at UK, what are the gaining at the lesser programs?

10. Jezz
    1:26 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Could we pull off the best package deal of all time the year after pulling off the best package deal of all time ?

11. RyanLemond
    1:36 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

8.) I’m the submissive type.

12. EVIL
    1:37 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

11 – but matt seems girly too. I don’t see him being dominating.

13. 2015
    1:38 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

When will you people start worrying about me?

14. TAXman
    1:47 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

I hear ma

15. TAXman
    1:48 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

I hear matt jones got into a fight with beisner or chip cosby. Heard he got whooped. Anyone have info about it?

16. What Really Happened
    1:51 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

15 they both brutally sodemized him

17. TAXman
    1:53 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

15 – matt would have enjoyed that and we would have heard more stories. He had to have gotten beaten up. CN2 wouldn’t have fired him for sexual things. Fighting with co-workers is what did him in I guess.

18. 3cats
    2:10 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Young man has the look of T Jones, him and Tyus …. sound great just like bread and butter.

19. Will S
    2:21 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Duke LOCKS, both of them. Saw them at Countdown to Craziness with Karl Towns and Theo Pinson. They were treated like Gods, having a great time and really learning from Coach K. Later on, they re-enacted the Austin Rivers shot over at UNC. Coach K specifically didn’t offer Anthony “Cat” Barber (#1 PG in ESPNU 2013) because he wanted Tyus to know that Duke wants him in 2014. Come on down?

20. cliff alexander
    2:30 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Screw em! I brake rims and backboards!!! I would love to dunk on Okafor!!!

21. I Say
    2:51 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Alexander is a PF, Okafor is a center. I think Cal is focused on Dakari Johnson who is also a top 10 player. and was formally MKG’s teammate at St. Patricks

22. Duke Sucks
    3:09 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Don’t be stupid Will, if Cal wants these 2 he will get them. Duke’s best days are passed. Bilias killed k this year saying he couldn’t coach Rivers and other 1 and done players. Good luck with getting out of the first round though.

23. Badams
    3:44 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Never count Cal out. Remember, those guys are only juniors this year, they have a long way to go through the process. They could be Duke leans now, but when UK beats them that may help. Plus, they still have BBM next year to go to and if they choose to do so, they will realize the better place to play. I wouldnt even worry about 2014 class right now.

24. DMAC
    5:40 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

19 – Anthony “Cat” Barber is not close to being the #1 PG in 2013, UK commit Andrew Harrison is #1, and Florida commit Kasey Hill is #2, I haven’t seen a single source with Barber above either of them. I do believe Duke is the leader for both of them, but I think Kentucky does have a chance at the two of them. However, if UK doesn’t get them I think we’ll have a similar duo of Mudiay and Alexander/Johnson.