Two prospects visiting Kentucky

Kentucky will have some visitors on campus tomorrow. Recruiting guru Evan Daniels tweeted that 2014 prospects Shane Hall and Davell Roby will take an unofficial visit here in Lexington following the Kentucky State AAU games.

Hall is a three-star power forward from Paintsville, Kentucky and has interest from Indiana and Louisville. Roby is a four-star point guard from Memphis, and has interest from a host of SEC schools, including Arkansas, Florida and Tennessee.

Article written by Stuart Hammer

B.S. Broadcast Journalism from the University of Kentucky. @StuartHammerKSR

12 Comments for Two prospects visiting Kentucky

1. 5-star fan
    8:47 pm May 19, 2012 Permalink

yawnnnnnnnnnnnn

2. Bugedout
    3:16 am May 20, 2012 Permalink

Shane Hal visits UK??? Most people dont even think he is the best player in the 15th region.

3. UK27
    11:35 am May 20, 2012 Permalink

Who is better than Shane in the 15th region? Lol I don’t know anyone close. ESPN believes he is, check his 4 star rating and 92 overall. No one else in the 15th region is rated that high.

4. Rw
    2:16 pm May 20, 2012 Permalink

Bj Moore
    The big kid from east ridge
    Justin Johnson has owned him like a man everytime they have played. Oh yeah and I would take the big from
    Magoffin county over him also

5. Bugedout
    3:11 pm May 20, 2012 Permalink

Justin Johnson, Ray Kasongo(sp?) Bj moore was by far better than shane all not as big but the kid could flat out score over anyone. Hall is a good young talent dont get me wrong i would love to be as physically gifted as he is. But im telling you he isnt the best player in the region.

6. EKY Guru
    4:53 pm May 20, 2012 Permalink

Hall manhandled Kasongo in the Regional Championship. He had 34 points and 11 Rebounds, 4 steals, and 3 blocks in that game. I want to say Kasongo finished with maybe 10 points? To say he’s better than Hall is absurd. BJ Moore plays a different position that Hall so you can’t compare them as players. Justin Johnson is the only post player in Eastern Kentucky comparable to Shane Hall.

7. UK27
    7:29 pm May 20, 2012 Permalink

All I’ve got to say is, if Justin and Bj Moore are so much better than Shane, why didn’t they get out of the first round of regions? Ray Kasongo is better than both of them in my opinion.

I saw Shane play in the region championship and I was very impressed. 34 points, 11 rebounds, 4 steals, and 3 blocks. He had an AMAZING game with IU’s head coach Tom Crean, who I am guessing was very impressive too.

Everyone has their opinion, though.

8. UK27
    7:31 pm May 20, 2012 Permalink

If I were to rate them, it’d be 1. Shane Hall 2. Ray Kasongo 3. Bj Moore 4. Justin Johnson.

9. EKY Guru
    7:49 pm May 20, 2012 Permalink

Moore is probably the 2nd best PG to come out of this region in the past 5-10 years. Just my opinion though. And I’d give Johnson the edge over Kasongo just based on pure effort. Johnson is involved in every play that is remotely close to him in the paint. Every time I’ve watched Kasongo play he just doesn’t really seem to put much effort into anything he does. You can’t teach 6’8 230 but he’s gotta realize at some point what he is capable of.

10. ROONEEYY
    8:03 pm May 20, 2012 Permalink

prrettttty positive this is the guy from ferris bueller day’s off…..no im actually 100% sure.

11. Out of the Pitts
    9:54 pm May 20, 2012 Permalink

Hall is athletic, but I watched Corey Pitts from Magoffin Co own him on his own floor. Juss sayin. Go Cats!!!

12. Duke sucks