Tweet Beat’s back, alright!

As part of the never-ending quest to bring you University of Kentucky news in the most ridiculous manner possible, I comb the Twitter-verse each week for the funniest, oddest, and sometimes, nearly illegible tweets from your favorite players and personalities. Basically, I read Twitter so you don’t have to. Without further ado, here are the best tweets of the week.

Well, hello stranger. Nice to see you too. Where did all of your chin fuzz go? Oh yeah, it’s December now. Let’s get on with it, shall we?

Tweet Beat lost four of its own last weekend, as Willie Cauley-Stein, Alex Poythress, Kyle Wiltjer and Julius Mays decided to delete their Twitter accounts in part because of negative tweets sent by a handful of Kentucky fans. I think Nerlens Noel sums it up best:

Come back soon, boys. We’ll leave the light on for ya.

Ladies, Derek is single and ready to mingle!

Josh Clemons also had a proud moment this week–he (sort of) made @UKMakeouts, the hottest handle on Twitter right now:

(Again, thank God this didn’t exist when I was in college.)

We all have these friends:

Duck face doesn’t look good, ladies.

Alex may no longer be on Twitter, but we’ll always have this:

“Weep not for the memories…”

You wanna talk about an odd obsession? Check out Tod Lanter and his LTE fixation:

After joining Instagram, Brian Long had to come on Twitter to complain about it:

I’m sure Instagram appreciates you too.

Count Bo Lanter as one of heartbroken former Cats when they tore the Wildcat Lodge down:

Tod, maybe it’s time for a picture of you two in suits again?

Oh Jorts, you did a lot of things good!

Miss you too, Doron:

I always knew the Prairie Dog was a lover, not a fighter:

Everyone set an alarm for December 31st at 8 p.m. (or whatever time Keyla gets ready to go out):

Get that Cards ish outta here:

Now, I am not a guy, but this looks weird to me. WTF?

Can somebody go cook Anthony Epps a decent meal?

(That being said, I have a secret love for ramen noodles. I blame college.)

Walter McCarty wrote his former teammates a very nice note:

Congrats to Landon Foster on being named All-SEC Freshman punter. Landon celebrated the occasion like all kids today do–with a virtual check mark:

Get it, Bud:

So, the New Orleans Hornets will soon become the New Orleans Pelicans. Thoughts?

Obviously Matt hasn’t seen this video:

I love that Taylor Wyndham calls Justin Beiber’s balls his “peaches”:

#beardflairdontcare

You just hush, Matt Smith! Harry Potter is awesome.

“Obliviate!”

Retirement isn’t all golf and beautiful sunset pictures, right Papa Brooks?

Wait a minute…

That’s more like it! What a holly, jolly scene!

The pinnacle of laziness:

Oh, Boyd:

Somebody’s a Scrooge…

#tallproblems

I told you Andre Woodson was addicted to Smart Food Popcorn!

Jarrod Polson and his little pal definitely win “Tweet That Makes You Go Aww”:

This is cute too, though:

It’s been a while, so let’s end again with our old tradition: The Bookie Tweet of the Week. This week, Bookie tells us about a recent trip to the grocery:

That was nice of you to offer, Bookie.

Until next time, RT plz?

12 Comments for Tweet Beat’s back, alright!

1. BlueD
    9:44 pm December 6, 2012 Permalink

MTT I know it takes a lot of time to search through all these tweets, and you always pick out the gems! Thanks

2. KY Realist
    9:51 pm December 6, 2012 Permalink

Apparently, having a stupid haircut does last forever though.

3. so/so hire maybe
    10:14 pm December 6, 2012 Permalink

Wish Aaron Boyd would have put as much into football as he did his social life at UK. I hate ragging on a collage kid but this kid really irked me how he had no interest in the game. I have seen where the reason he didn’t play was a lack of foot speed. BS.
    The reason he didn’t play was because he was lazy and had no work ethic, not my words the words of a player on the team. He was too highly recruited out of high school if he wasn’t going to be fast enough if so the other big schools recruiting him would have backed off. He should refund every dime Co’shiek had to pay while he wasn’t on scholarship. Boyd was willing to do the work to earn a scholarship. While he was tweeting about everything but football Co’shiek was working his ass off earning his way on the team. Just pittful had much talent he wasted on laziness

4. Claw
    11:24 pm December 6, 2012 Permalink

Love me some TT before bed.

5. Red Bird
    11:38 pm December 6, 2012 Permalink

#3 You can’t even spell college, STFU.

6. Guest
    12:15 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

I would also like to give #3 a hard time. I wish you, so/so hire maybe, would put as much into life as you do your posts. I hate ragging on a poster but this douche really irked me how he has no interest in intelligence. I have seen where the reason he didn’t post well was a lack of education. BS. The reason he didn’t post was because he was lazy and had no sense, not my words the words of a blogger. He didn’t go to high school so he isn’t fast enough if so (what?) the other big schools recruiting him would have backed off. He should shut the hell up every time he tells a student-athlete what to do. Life was telling him to work to earn anything. While he was tweeting about college kids, college kids were working their asses off so they could make something of themselves and entertain so/so. Just pittful had much talent he wasted on laziness.

7. bigbluejon
    12:44 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Birds are soulless evil creatures. I’ve never seen a pelican eat a duck before. A lot of bird on bird crime in that video.

8. tyson
    12:54 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Who is this Aaron Boyd and how does he end up on Tweet Beat? I thought you had to be a UK athlete to get on here. I didn’t know just anyone could make Tweet Beat.

That said, the tweet from Papa Brooks about taking his wife’s car to get it fixed is the absolute greatest.

9. Clint Eastwood
    1:41 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

TT stalking peoples twitter so you don’t have to

10. ST-DoubleOh!-PS
    7:33 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

You kinda made it seem like someone’s calling the four that quit twitter, not tough

11. bluefan
    7:54 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Nice job, Mrs T, as always.
    That Rich Brooks fireplace picture is ridiculous. Santa’s house.

12. I hate birds
    10:31 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

That pelican eating the bird at the end of the video will give me nightmares for weeks. Thanks Tyler.