With very little news happening in the UK sports world, sometimes we have to look elsewhere for entertainment. Like Twitter. Here are some of the best tweets from the past few days:

billyg

Last week, Billy Gillispie joined Twitter, and man, they go together like Dr. Pepper and peanut butter crackers. He’s even mastered hash tags — #GunsUp #srsly #CalDoesItBetter #TeeMartinLovesHashTags

billyguns

“That dirty little–” Waaait, that’s not the Louisville “L” he’s doing, it’s the Texas Tech “Guns Up”! Oh. Okay.

jortsnyc

Jorts is headed to NYC. Time to break out the fancy jorts?

ppat rcobb

Randall’s new ride is not what you’d expect…

rcobbcart

…and I am totally jealous.

prariedog1

Perry “Prairie Dog” Stevenson is hilarious on Twitter. Because I couldn’t pick just one, he got three entries in this week’s Tweet Beat.

prariedog2

Who better to ask for tattoo advice than Boogie and Bledsoe? Terrelle Pryor?

prariedog3

BURN! Sad, but probably true. Speaking of Darius…

darius

I don’t even know.

staceypoole1

To be fair, Stacey didn’t tweet this, but he did retweet it, which means he thinks there is some truth to it, right?

wayneturner

I put this up here because it took me at least a minute to figure out what the hashtag was.

nazr

Look who also loves Perrin Johnson!

ramon

Matt, can you take Ramon to the next fancy party you go to?

RT, plz?

18 Comments for Tweet Beat: Jorts heads to NYC, Billy puts his #GunsUp, Randall’s got a new ride

1. ukchampion
    9:45 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

haha! this is awesome!!!

2. Ugh
    9:47 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

Trying to read through all of that just gave me a headache. I hate twitter.

3. Qualls
    9:53 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

To everyone: the lemme smang it girl is in reference to a Turqoise Jeep Records song on Youtube. Go check it out, they’re hilarious. Flint Flossy is by far the best.

4. jlove
    10:09 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

Theltus “Bookie” Cobbins has the best twitter feed of them all.

5. Mary Jo Perino's Boob Sweat
    10:45 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

#3 HELL YES. I think I played “Lemme Smang It” about 50 times the first night I heard it. Sadly enough, it’s actually better than 90% of the R&B on the radio these days. The beat sounds like a Neptunes rough draft or something.

6. Dr. Seuss
    10:46 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

Smang it Batman, smang it.

7. Just-Ice
    10:47 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

This was a pretty good post

8. I Shoot 4s
    11:02 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

Smangin’ it since ’96

9. wd
    1:41 am June 7, 2011 Permalink

Please Mitch, we beg you with all of our being to schedule Texas Tech!

10. Flynt Flossy
    2:03 am June 7, 2011 Permalink

I’m known across the nation. Smash and Bang is my favorite combination.

11. The Vig
    4:07 am June 7, 2011 Permalink

If he’s still wearing a Texas A&M belt buckle… in Lubbock, he could get shot on the spot.

12. Arupprunt
    5:11 am June 7, 2011 Permalink

When i read players twitter it just makes me stop and think how in the HELL do these idiots actually get through college. I remember growing up you idolized UK players and i looked up to them. Now with the internet and facebook twitter and everything else that lets you actually get to know what they are really like. It used to be fun to make fun of UofL players and argue with their fans. But now with twitter and internet ive learned that its not just UofL players its ALL college players these guys are freaking morons. Its kinda hard to make fun of another teams players when our players twitter messages are ” ima balla g money yeah hoe smack dat ass feel me” The sad part about all this is everyone under 25 on here thinks this is so freaking cool. We need Joe B Hall back and make these guys take speaking classes like we did in the 80’s. Sorry to be a prick but reading this shit honestly makes me dislike our own players.

13. Bco
    7:46 am June 7, 2011 Permalink

12 – I bet you have some of the really good seats in rupp. Anytime your arthritis is acting up or there’s a Matlock marathon on TV and you miss a game, holla atcha boy here and hook me ups with dem tix yo.

14. Bco
    7:49 am June 7, 2011 Permalink

Honestly though, it’s how kids talk. I don’t understand it either but you just took it to a whole nother level of stupid. Get over it or better yet, don’t use your great great great great grandsons twitter to follow kids when it’s just going to upset you…

15. C-Bone
    8:48 am June 7, 2011 Permalink

I agree with #12. I’m 27, so not a geriatric Matlock-watching bridge player, but the text message/Twitter language is out of control. Learn proper English, people. Spelling and grammer cannot go the way of the cotton loom and Beta Max.

16. ?
    10:00 am June 7, 2011 Permalink

2…I’m with you. It’s like you have to know a 2nd language to even be able to understand what in the hell anyone is talking about it….and no i’m not old. 25 in fact.

17. Josh
    10:52 am June 7, 2011 Permalink

Tweet beat should be a regular feature!

18. Robro
    4:02 am June 9, 2011 Permalink

I like what Josh said…and on a side note…if you don’t like knowing the players then don’t follow it…it will be just like the old days… 🙂