Tweet Beat: Is Willie a hippie or a hipster?

As part of the never-ending quest to bring you University of Kentucky news in the most ridiculous manner possible, I comb the Twitter-verse each week for the funniest, oddest, and sometimes, nearly illegible tweets from your favorite players and personalities. Basically, I read Twitter so you don’t have to. Without further ado, here are the best tweets of the week.

I go back and forth trying to decide whether or not Willie Cauley-Stein is a hippie or a hipster. And yes, the two are very different things. Hippies love nature and tie dye, whereas hipsters love ironic t-shirts and suspenders. Both groups love hummus and hate showering.

These makes me think Willie’s a hippie:

But this screams hipster:

Maybe he’s just Willie.

Hmm…anyone want to guess what Tod Lanter’s talking about?

Is he tired of waiting for Andrew Wiggins and Drew Barker’s decisions, too?

Archie Goodwin‘s Vines still crack me up.

Alex Poythress is like your friend who is about three months behind on everything, and you love them anyways. (It’s okay, Alex. I’m pretty much that friend to everyone. How bout that “House of Cards”!!)

No joke it’s your favorite show, Walter. You tweet about it more than Doron Lamb tweets about socks.

(On that note, I’m beginning to think Doron Lamb was told to scale back on his tweeting. He hasn’t had an original, Doron Lamb-esque tweet in over a month and a half.)

Twany Beckham is back on Oreo nightcaps…all is good with the world, again.

Screen shot 2013-05-09 at 2.40.33 PM

Were all those fruit and water nightcaps an attempt to slim down for graduation? If so, let it slide, Twany…let it slide.

Kyle Wiltjer and one of the many reasons he decided to stay at UK:

Screen shot 2013-05-09 at 2.45.46 PM

(The girl, not Disneyland)

WHY YOU GOTTA BE CRUEL LIKE THAT, KYLE? YOU KNOW WE AIN’T GOT IN-N-OUT.

I would consider it an odd day at Wal-Mart if I didn’t see someone dressed in sandals and Mountain Dew pajama pants.

I am so happy Perry Stevenson tweeted about this:

Does anyone have the inside scoop on why Eddie Montgomery’s steakhouse closed? It seems pretty fishy, and my Danville sources don’t know anything other than it was very sudden and Eddie and his wife were divorced. Call me crazy, but maybe it’s just because it was in the middle of nowhere?

Morgan Newton and Matt Smith have a great idea to put UK at the top of the SEC in facilities:

Make it happen, Mitch.

Kelly Melton had a big week. First, a trip to the Derby with Nerlens Noel, and on Tuesday, a visit from Jalen Whitlow and Max Strong:

First thought when I saw this: why wouldn’t DeMarcus Cousins be eating a giant thing of cotton candy? Screen shot 2013-05-09 at 4.20.40 PM

Keep this between you and me, DeMarcus, but I thought that was cute. #TweetThatMakesYouGoAww

TWEET OF THE WEEK: Papa Brooks

Like Papa would half-ass anything.

Until next time, RT plz?

18 Comments for Tweet Beat: Is Willie a hippie or a hipster?

1. DB11
    9:33 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Down with the hipsters!

2. TT's Fake Boobs and Rat Face
    9:48 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Did anyone else notice that Goodwin has Florida Evans (from “Good Times”) neck rolls in that vine video?

3. LOUD PACK
    9:49 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know about Archie? “I got that loud pack on me….hot fries.” LOUD PACK=terminalogy for A BAG OF KILLER HERB on the street. Archie has always just had a really wierd way about him. Not sure he can free his ego and become a true TEAM player. His mind needs to be on the game and he needs to be in the gym, not making stupid comments on some website! Just my opinion!

4. TimeFor9
    9:53 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Is Boogie leaving Golden Corral w that cotton candy? Damn if I missed him at Lexington Golden Corral that sucks. Boogie eats at Golden Corral?

5. lvle30
    10:10 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

If Boogie is wearing Man-pri’s (?) I will have to shoot myself in the face. I will pretend that he could not find a pair of pants that fit properly…

6. henry earl
    10:23 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

3 you’re an idiot

7. Half
    10:32 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

3. Yeah.. Because a 5 second video is taking so much time out of his life. Maybe you should be out practicing instead of making some stupid comments on a website.

8. Archie
    10:38 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Could I get any more dumb?

9. SHUT UP
    11:19 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Can we stop posting completely ignorant garbage pertaining to Archie Goodwin? I group him in the same category as Daniel Orton. An ungrateful thug who just used the program. What has he done to give back? Nothing…. I am definitely not sad to see him go.

10. No, You SHUT UP
    6:26 am May 10, 2013 Permalink

Archie is not a thug. He is not Daniel Orton. He finished class didn’t he? He played hard on the court didn’t he? He was trying to carry a team that just wasn’t that good.

11. GrumpyOldDude
    6:45 am May 10, 2013 Permalink

Don’t think I’d categorize him as a “thug”, but Archie never seemed to embrace the program and fans like so many previous Cats have done. Can’t say I’ll miss him either.

12. Burly
    7:54 am May 10, 2013 Permalink

I will miss Archies flat jumpers and crazy drives that he couldnt finish as he rolled out of bounds. Least favorite player since Rod Rhodes.

13. dude
    7:59 am May 10, 2013 Permalink

Is Lanter talking about the Harrison twins? What a scrub, hope he gets cut.

14. That Fan
    8:51 am May 10, 2013 Permalink

TT, Montgomery Steak House closed because they couldn’t make the loan payments.

15. kcatz
    9:01 am May 10, 2013 Permalink

I think Lanter could be talking about the Boston bomber brothers especially in the way he said it. Isn’t Sam Malone from that area? They’ve probably been discussing it like the rest of us.

16. BocasCat
    10:00 am May 10, 2013 Permalink

15… Or the Castro brothers.

17. Steve
    11:32 am May 10, 2013 Permalink

#9, Ungrateful ? WTF exactly does Archie Goodwin owe you for him to be ungrateful ? I will answer that for you, NOT A GD THING. Archie played his azz off, never tanked games, tried to carry the team on his back. If you can not appreciate that, GTFO and cheer for another team, we as UK fans, do not need you. Do not let the door hit you in the azz on the way out, YOU will not be missed.

18. Delk for 3
    12:24 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

17 — I totally agree. Anybody who dislikes Archie is an idiot. He has done nothing wrong whatsoever and he played very hard this season. It shouldn’t bother people that he didn’t have the ability of John Wall or the talent of the 2012 team to help him. It also shouldn’t bother people he is leaving early. It’s his life. In my opinion, he has been a good kid while at UK. He didn’t get in trouble and he has good manners. He has had ample opportunity to go off on some of the assholes in our fan base, but he has handled himself very well. I really like Archie and wish him the best. If he can get his jump shot to start going in, he has a fantastic chance to a have a successful NBA career.