As part of the never-ending quest to bring you University of Kentucky news in the most ridiculous manner possible, I comb the Twitter-verse each week for the funniest, oddest, and sometimes, nearly illegible tweets from your favorite players and personalities. Basically, I read Twitter so you don’t have to. Without further ado, here are the best tweets of the week.
Earlier today, we found out that Bookie Cobbins is no longer on the UK football team. While Bookie’s contributions on the field weren’t significant, his tweets of it were fantastic. A Louisiana native, Bookie’s tweets were sometimes illegible, but attempting to decipher them became one of KSR’s favorite pastimes. To commemorate his short time as a Wildcat, I’ve come up with Bookie’s Greatest Tweets. Put on the Sarah McLachlan and let’s go down memory lane…
10. Remember that time Twitter compared you to our own CM Tomlin? That was fun.
You really are alike. It must be all those gangsta rap lyrics.
9. You taught us the benefits of a low-sodium lifestyle…
B4 i wash my face i gotta think him “4 wat” 4 blessing me,its a lotta sh dat been stressin me, dey addin extra salt tryna mess up my recipe.
— Yung Booke aka Flya (@bookie3_YMCMB) April 14, 2012
8. This was one of your most legible tweets, which is appropriate since you said you were in the library.
7. Was there anything you loved more than Gucci belts?
6. Sometimes you were a little scary…
I tell my goons stand up I got killers wit me and I kno dey gon be wit it, ask around we the 1’s who run the city I tell em #STANDUP..
– Yung Booke aka Flya (@bookie3_YMCMB) March 31, 2012
5. But you taught us not to “slimp on our pimp”:
4. Even you went through “cuffin season”:
3. But not for long:
2. Your time in Kentucky gave you some new analogies…
I Like my women built like a big fine ass horse….
— Theltus Cobbins (@bookie3_YMCMB) January 23, 2012
Happy trails. YMCMB.
Until next time, RT plz?