Tweet Beat: Farewell, Bookie

As part of the never-ending quest to bring you University of Kentucky news in the most ridiculous manner possible, I comb the Twitter-verse each week for the funniest, oddest, and sometimes, nearly illegible tweets from your favorite players and personalities. Basically, I read Twitter so you don’t have to. Without further ado, here are the best tweets of the week.

Earlier today, we found out that Bookie Cobbins is no longer on the UK football team. While Bookie’s contributions on the field weren’t significant, his tweets of it were fantastic. A Louisiana native, Bookie’s tweets were sometimes illegible, but attempting to decipher them became one of KSR’s favorite pastimes. To commemorate his short time as a Wildcat, I’ve come up with Bookie’s Greatest Tweets. Put on the Sarah McLachlan and let’s go down memory lane…

10. Remember that time Twitter compared you to our own CM Tomlin? That was fun.

twitter-suggests

You really are alike. It must be all those gangsta rap lyrics.

9. You taught us the benefits of a low-sodium lifestyle…

8. This was one of your most legible tweets, which is appropriate since you said you were in the library.

bookie-reading

7. Was there anything you loved more than Gucci belts?

6. Sometimes you were a little scary…

5. But you taught us not to “slimp on our pimp”:

bookie-aintgotnogurl

4. Even you went through “cuffin season”:

3. But not for long:

#CantBeTamed #CantBeBlamed

2. Your time in Kentucky gave you some new analogies…

1. But most of all, you always played Twitter 100, Bookie. bookie-100

Happy trails. YMCMB.

Until next time, RT plz?

16 Comments for Tweet Beat: Farewell, Bookie

1. Reality Check
    10:13 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

There isn’t a chance in Hell that this guy qualified academically to play collegiate sports. That’s extreme illiteracy even by Division I athlete standards.

2. Nookie
    10:23 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

y u no wanna keep it reel #1???!?

3. numbnuts
    10:30 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Anyone else glad this clown is gone? Glad stoops is cleaning house. Not like he was an impact player. He needs therapy.

4. rixter
    10:46 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

FO SHO, # 3

5. rixter
    10:49 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

She keep it 100 and tell me 100 thing, ima be straight, stop playin'”

Think I’ll have this chiseled on my headstone

6. Shawon
    11:06 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Following UK Football won’t be quite the same without Bookie. Not only were his tweets illegible, but I think only Tee Martin could understand what came out of his mouth. Hope he lands at a place where he’s appreciated.

7. Dejected
    12:54 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

I know this has already been touched on, but crap. What has happened to just speaking real words? It worked for centuries, for christsakes. I am glad this clown is gone. I don’t find him funny. Maybe if I even knew at least one of those ebonics words he used, I might find him humorous. This country is in real trouble. Our future is in the hands of guys like this. We are done for, us humans. We are devolving. Entropy. We are going backwards. Bookie is the missing link, I believe. The next generation will be living in caves and grunting to communicate. Oh, wait, they are already grunting to communicate.

8. Dt
    2:13 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

Is bitching on an Internet message board what you consider evolution? Way to move us along the path of enlightenment, pal.

9. Nashville
    5:11 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

He was a perfect player for the toothless inbred trash wing of the fan base
    In other words 99.9%

10. me
    6:47 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

This dude is / was a joke. Love how ksr built this dudes brand. He’s the equivalent of kim kardashian (sp). A lot of media hype with NO redeemable value. Here in about 10 -15 years when ksr does a ‘where are they now’ segment – it will say Bookie was a ksr contributor and nothing else. Thanks again joker, you sure knew how to pick ’em.

11. crazycatfan
    8:01 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

HUH?

12. ??
    8:13 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

What just happened? Is this real life?

13. cats grad
    8:42 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

I tutored this guy at UK (worked at CATS, got to judge lots of athletes academically)…clearly since he never made grades at UK really, we weren’t doing anything shady for him (well maybe random classmates were but there was no larger plan in place), but someone in high school definitely helped this kid get into college with some shady business. I also knew Bledsoe, who was often accused of the same thing, and even though academically he was low (a lot of that bc of going to shitty schools) he was 10x smarter than Bookie. it was embarrassing that he was accepted into UK

14. Honky Kong
    9:15 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

Oh stewardess, I speak jive : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSLcYQHqFQ

15. Frew Dranklin
    10:48 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

I got sources dat gave me tha low-down on Bookie. He is goin to work for CIA as a cryptologist developing a secret language which can be used by agents in the field. It will be untranslatable to our enemies and can provide volumes of information in 120 characters or less. Do work son…

16. Dt
    12:11 am June 8, 2013 Permalink

#20 I have zero feelings one way or another regarding Bookie. I was referring to you’re harassment of Tyler. Whining that a free service isn’t up to your standards and demanding a product of your liking be provided doesn’t really qualify you as a sensible critic of today’s social-political-economic state of affairs.