Tweet Beat: Celebrate Julius Randle, come on!

As part of the never-ending quest to bring you University of Kentucky news in the most ridiculous manner possible, I comb the Twitter-verse each week for the funniest, oddest, and sometimes, nearly illegible tweets from your favorite players and personalities. Basically, I read Twitter so you don’t have to. Without further ado, here are the best tweets of the week.

Wednesday was officially “Julius Randle Happy Day” in the Bluegrass. Here were some of the best BBN reactions on Twitter:

Chip? Like these chips?

Oh, championship. With Doron, you never know.

Julius’ fellow incoming freshmen:

Even before Randle committed, I think we all had this reaction on Wednesday morning:

Another reason I love former Cat Matt Smith:

Watch out ladies of UK: Twany Beckham has been cleared for all activities by his doctors after back surgery.

Jon Hood knows about Nashville life:

Things like this make my heart warm:

Tim Couch and Jared Lorenzen had the right attitude after UK’s loss on Tuesday:

Just in case his “Socks of the Day” feature led to any doubt:

Still doubting? Check out these:

I see you with that terrifying selfie, Perry Stevenson:

What is Bobby Perry doing with a panda?

Enes Kanter needs to step up his goofy Twitter game. This is the wackiest thing he’s posted in weeks:

Seriously, could no one make poor Patrick Patterson a birthday cake?

I guess an ice cream shake will have to do.

Jerry Williams has some life advice:

Nooooooooooooooo!

Think of all the Rich Brooks Pictures of the Day opportunities we’re missing…here’s an older one to hold us over:

TWEET OF THE WEEK: John Calipari

First of all, after Randle committed, Cal knew he couldn’t mention him by name, but look at our man subtweeting like a champ:

Until next time, RT plz?

55 Comments for Tweet Beat: Celebrate Julius Randle, come on!

1. deepouthfan
    9:37 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

First?

2. oldschool
    9:47 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

How far did UK fall this year?

Fans have to use a 17-year-old kid to console their wounded egos following a loss in a 3,000 seat gym in the first round of the NIT.

But we gonna be sick next year right?

Maybe. Only thing we can guarantee is that we gonna be young – just like this past season.

3. Get Lost!
    9:56 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Oldschool is an old fool! Dude; get lost. People are sick and tired of your crap.

4. dude
    10:00 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

#2, keep it up. you got about 6 more months for all your smarta$$ remarks before your mouth gets shut for good.

5. Jarrod T
    10:00 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Time to get to work. Amen, Dakari. Amen. You, sir, will be a legend. Mark it down.

6. bosshog
    10:05 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

2, That is not how I view yesterday’s news. Short of injury (which is certainly possible) I think this new line-up is going to develop into a team that maybe…maybe 1-2 others can beat come March? I know what you’re saying, but truly there is no comparison whatsoever between the group this year and the incoming group. The new group is led by a 6’5 point guard who is known as the fiercest competitor in the class, the top shooting guard who can fill it up, a small forward that some NBA scouts say may be the best all-around scorer in the whole class, and a bigger, more physical an and more assertive version of Terrence Jones. Maybe UNC, KU & Duke could present some challenge….but no one else is going to top this group…probably not even at the beginning of the season.

7. oldschool
    10:10 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

6 – very classy.I think KSR really should do a better job of moderating this site. UK basketball is a beloved institution enjoyed by people of all ages – especially kids. KSR has an obligaton to keep this site safe for all fans.

8. Bob Day
    10:11 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

#2} Are you a professional idiot, just a talented amateur, or a Louisville fan?

9. oldschool
    10:12 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

6 – that was meant for another six – who thankfully was deleted. Kudos for the moderators to catch that – those comments are all too frequent on this site.

10. Eric K
    10:18 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Did someone hurt your feelings oldschool, what did they say…. bet you had it coming! GO CATS!!

11. Bob Day
    10:19 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Gotcha, oldschool. You’re an amateur troll who considers himself a web management expert. Thanks for clearing that up.

12. Hey Mr. Wonderful
    10:19 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Hello #9-Your comments are all too frequent on this site as well. If you could minimize them to perhaps zero, that would be just fine. But you really “love” UK don’t you?

13. SHAMSKY
    10:19 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

2) I FEEL YA. But could you just wait until they show you they suck rather than showing automatic hate? This is the system we have adopted. Accept it or just continue to piss yourself off. Does no good either way. You wanna be right, or do you wanna be a winner? Buy in like this last batch of babies never had the balls to. Dare to dream or be a crotchety old crotch sniffer. Ya grizzled mummy.

14. j
    10:22 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

oldschool is just a moron does he really not have anything better to do..

15. oldschool
    10:22 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

UK basketball is a beloved institution enjoyed by people of all ages. I am an octogenerian for example, and my love for this beloved institution has been here for all to see. I am perhaps UK’s greatest recruting tool, if I may be so humble…my negative comments are allowed here because I am only trying to help….Right!

16. oldschool
    10:23 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Sorry, folks for all my negativity. When you haven’t been laid since the Carter administration you get a bit cranky.

17. KcMunk
    10:24 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Anyone else find it odd that Twany is cleared at seasons end??? What’s the real story?

18. Hicks
    10:25 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

You know what we learned this year? That when you’re young and not very deep, losing your best player can turn you from an average tournament team into a bad NIT team. From now on we will just have to be deeper and hope to avoid bad luck. Moving on.

19. Eric K
    10:25 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Oldschool….bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla

20. HTG
    10:26 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

I heard the news today from Mr. 3 (Rex) that A-Dub is headed to FSU. Is there any truth to this nonsense?

21. Question
    10:27 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Where is the tweet from Lamb during the Big East tourney where he was rooting for the Cards. Also, Anthony Davis had a tweet where he dissed UK and told a fan uk was his stepping stone. Where are those tweets?

22. HTG
    10:28 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

I hope, UK basketball alumni aside, that A-Dub is still considering the Kats!!! Any thoughts?

23. Eric K
    10:29 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

WIGGINS WILL BE A WILDCAT!! GO CATS!!

24. I have a couple of things I’d like to talk about, namely the Andrew Wiggins rumors. Does anyone know about these?

25. HTG
    10:33 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Eric, how do you know this? Rex’s tweets scary me. Do they not scary other wildcat fans?

26. Answer
    10:34 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

21) Who cares

27. Bob Day
    10:39 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

21. Question) If you think either Doron Lamb or Anthony Davis has a problem with the University of Kentucky, I would have to say you would, by your own declarations and if such a thing is possible, be even more stupid than oldschool..

28. Linda Taylor
    10:39 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

We can only hope oldschool is an octogenarian. Senility is a b*&^%.

29. HTG
    10:41 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

26) I care, I want to know what is happening with A-Dub…

Do you know?

30. Linda Taylor
    10:43 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

This is copied directly from Rex Chapman’s twitter. He is hinting that we get Andrew Wiggins.

Rex Chapman ‏@rexchapman 13h
    A reliable birdie just whispered in my ear that Cal, KP, J. Robic, Big O & Strick aren’t quite finished w this ’13 class. #BBNMayJustWigOut

31. Eric K
    10:49 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

#25 why do Rex’s tweets scare you? #30 thanks….. WIGGINS is the icing on the cake. What a CLASS!! IN CAL WE TRUST! GO CATS!!

32. Eric K
    10:50 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

BIG BLUE you out there?

33. Marcus Lee
    10:51 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

I didn’t tweet about the news of landing Randle. In fact, I’m pissed about it.

34. Bdean
    10:51 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

oldschool = douche tool….

35. The Masterpiece
    10:53 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Eating all that cake is the reason Cal looks like he is expecting any day.

36. m
    10:56 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

lmao I love the Cal tweets so much!

37. HTG
    10:57 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Well you can’t take Sexy Rexy tweets as gospel. I’ve heard a different story and I’m still a little worried. Can anyone confirm the A-Dub recruiting news?

38. Eric K
    10:59 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

#33 yea…. What about a front line of Randle, Lee, WCS, with Wiggins and Harrison in the back court….. Damn CAL is going to be able to mix and match! I CAN’T WAIT!! GO CATS!!

39. Yep
    11:02 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

37) It apeears FSU is close to landing Wiggins. We will still be great though.

40. cauts
    11:02 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

33… Marcus Lee did in fact tweet about it but for some reason ksr didn’t post it.

41. Polson
    11:03 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

I will be the only returning player next season.

42. Brian
    11:04 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

I am not sure who this oldschool is. I highly doubt he is a real UK fan. We ALL are disappointed in this year but you can find no positive? Always bashing our coach and his philosophy (it got us in the NIT…AND #8). You seriously can’t be a fan and think the way you do. A troll maybe. A person who just enjoys getting CAT fans riled up? Undoubtedly. Kudos at that too. You do a great job. Thing is you really should just stop. There is no validity to any of your vitriol….except that TV show cutting out the 98 team. That was pitiful. How can you leave out that elite 8 game? I mean…..Sorry, I digress. While THAT was a good point the rest of your ramblings are absurd. You just come of as a miserable person whose only enjoyment is to berate and entice ill feelings from others. It’s sad and seems to be a cry for help. Walk away from the ledge oldschool. It will get better. Just stop being so negative. Look for the positive. You will be a happier human. Oh you made one other good point…about being a recruiting tool. Well, fella, you are most assuredly a tool. You prove it everytime you hit “submit”.

43. Wow
    11:07 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Does Missouri play defense? They are getting curb stomped by Co State. ULooks like the tards will walk into the elite 8. With the luck they are having MSU and Duke will both get knocked out early.

44. niaps
    11:13 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Lets celebrate the incoming class and ignore the haters and trolls on here. That really pisses em off. The cats next year may have 3 complete teams and that should rank us #1, #2, and #3. Never dreamed that a college team could be so loaded, isn’t it sweet.

45. Eric K
    11:15 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

#37 why/how does it appear fsu? WIGGINS WILL BE A WILDCAT!! He wants to be the best player ,in the best class, on the best team, with the best chance to win the SHIP….. Can he do that at fsu? HELL NO, But he can go down there and be triple teamed all year. GO CATS!!

46. Eric K
    11:16 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Sorry meant #39

47. Catlanta
    11:16 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Missouri is representing the SEC well. CSU has 70 points with 9 to go.

48. 44) I think you’re a troll. Stop whining about trolls and get a job. Dam!

49. Kaboom
    12:39 am March 22, 2013 Permalink

42. YEAH!
    48. NO!

50. Travis Roberts
    1:24 am March 22, 2013 Permalink

#48 go sit on a sharp stick, fag. Seriously…GFY or grow some balls and talk shit without hiding behind my name, cu.nt.

51. BAdams
    2:59 am March 22, 2013 Permalink

Next years team will have a lot of young freshmen, but there will also be a lot of returning players as well. And next years freshmen I can guarantee have a different mentality than the guys this year. Not to mention they are better players and most are more highly ranked, just like the 2011 class. Cal will have the luxory of taking out 5 and puttin in 5 more just like Coach Mitchell this year. Hopefully with the deep bench Cal will press every minute of the game.

52. Bobbum man
    7:25 am March 22, 2013 Permalink

No one had any idea where wiggins is going he keeps very quiet about it and according to his coach hates the whole process so anyone saying he’s going here or there is just guessing regardless of the stupid story they tell you about how they’re related to Andrew wiggins

53. SMH
    9:31 am March 22, 2013 Permalink

For ANYBODY who thinks Wiggins hates this process, stop being naive. If he hated it, he would end it. No, he is enjoying every minute of the limelight, and people talking about him constantly…he’s going to draw it out as long as possible.

54. Bobby Knight's Shrink
    10:31 am March 22, 2013 Permalink

Guys, oldschool does have a POINT…just put a hat on it, and people won’t notice…LOL !!!!!

55. A.W.'s mothers cousins, friend of the sisterand non related to anyone
    12:34 pm March 22, 2013 Permalink

He told my mothers 7th husband’s 5th stepchild, who goes to school with no one that he knows, that unless things changed drastically he would wait until the last muinute of the signing period to let the world of bball know that ghe was going to reclassify back to the junior class so he could enjoy being the man another year. So please don’t tell aqnyone or he will probably get pissed off. Thanks for listening, Ben Dover