Trey Lyles drops his Final 6

Trey Lyles, former IU commit, released his ‘Final 6’ via Instagram and Twitter this evening. Check out the list:

Kentucky, Florida, Louisville, Butler, UCLA, and Duke.

You’ll notice his list includes the two teams he most recently visited (UK and UofL), and also a home-state team in Butler. Noticeably absent from this list is the team he previously committed to – Indiana. Interesting. Many have thought this 6’8 PF from the Class of 2014 has been a Kentucky lean since his decommitment.

Article written by Chris Thomas

14 Comments for Trey Lyles drops his Final 6

1. I'll say it
    9:07 pm February 10, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky looks as if it were written with a different feeling

2. MemphisCat
    9:20 pm February 10, 2013 Permalink

Go get him Cal, this is a player we need at UK.

3. W.W.B.B.N.D?
    9:20 pm February 10, 2013 Permalink

Why would any top player want to play for RickyP at UL? Checked Siva’s and Blackshear’s development lately? UL’s 2 McDonald’s all-americans

4. Blue Jesus
    9:28 pm February 10, 2013 Permalink

If we lose out on him, I hope he goes to Butler.

5. Buckets
    9:35 pm February 10, 2013 Permalink

Louisville fans think he’s going there. It will be so great to crush their hopes and dreams yet again.

6. KSRforCongress
    10:23 pm February 10, 2013 Permalink

I hope he comes here, but unlike others I hope he doesn’t go to Butler. If Brad Stevens starts getting recruits, look out.

He’ll come here but if he doesn’t I hope he goes to UCLA like Shabazz where we’ll never hear from him again.

7. Rae
    10:27 pm February 10, 2013 Permalink

4. Imagine what Stevens could do with top talent.

And I highly doubt he goes to UL. Ricky doesn’t know how to handle top talent. Players just don’t develop properly, from injury or riding the pine their freshman year or whatever. UCLA if he wants to be like Bazz, because for the life of me I can’t understand how Howland can get top recruits and do nothing with them and still get recruits. It is most likely a UK/Duke race, with Florida as a dark horse.

8. Blueswade
    10:50 pm February 10, 2013 Permalink

Why did he decommit from iu?
    Also…..Why is UCLA even on this list?!….they get like 3-4 thousand people at their games…..
    we get like 23-24 thousand at ours.

9. Archie926
    11:58 pm February 10, 2013 Permalink

Blue ink … white paper…

Think about it

10. Larry linebeard
    12:19 am February 11, 2013 Permalink

As a hand writing analyst I can tell you he’ll be a cat

11. IndyAlan
    9:07 am February 11, 2013 Permalink

Lyles has been seen several times after games here in Indy wearing UK socks hats. And as much as I hate Dan Dakich and everyone in the office who listens to him, he usually has some insider info and he reported that he would go to UK from the second he decommited from the HOEsiers. There were several specualations that he took an illegal visit during a dead period and it was false, so I believe they are trying to take the heat off the situation and act as though he cares about some of the bum schools he just listed. Wish he would have just stuck in to Cream and the HOEsiers and jumped to the UK ship immediately though. Funny to hear the whiny Loosiers cry about it though, bc never heard the HOEsiers crying when Eric Gordon switched from Illinois to IU when Sampson was there & there was a money package involved there haha.

12. HOO
    9:24 am February 11, 2013 Permalink

I still take it up the ass.

13. IU FAN
    1:38 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

We never realy wanted him anyway. He’s no damn good.

14. Lyles has been seen several times after games here in Indy wearing UK socks hats. And as much as I hate Dan Dakich and everyone in the office who listens to him, he usually has some insider info and he reported that he would go to UK from the second he de
    1:02 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Great insider information from IndyAlan. Definitely seems to know exactly what’s going on.