Top Plays Of The Bahamas, Thus Far

What an awesome three days it has been! Kentucky has rocketed off to a 3-0 start to their tour of the Bahamas while looking absolutely devastating in the process. They just keep attacking and defending without mercy, all while making basketball look like the most fun game on the planet. We expected them to be good this year but few thought they would be this sharp, this early.

Ulis bounces back for the Oop

Tyler Ulis has demonstrated a level of grit and tenacity that has only been displayed by legends at this school. His level of toughness was especially evident earlier today after he went down hard to a screen that presumably nobody called out. A lesser player would have taken himself out of the game and taken a moment to recover, instead Tyler bounced back up and immediately threw a beautiful lob to Derek Willis for the flush. Ulis is going to be a whole lot of fun to watch for the next four years.

Alex Poythress in The Excellence of Execution

The pick and roll. You can’t draw it up any more beautiful than they way Alex Poythress and Aaron Harrison did it on this play. Had to make Cal proud. Poythress has brought a new fire to the Caribbean and one I can’t wait to see carried over to the regular season. He is playing like the guy we all knew he could be.

Karl Towns With The No Look Pass

What can’t Towns do? On the court it doesn’t look like there is anything as he works inside and out, passes, and handles. He’s going to be a one year superstar this season with highlight reel plays like the no look dish to Dominique. Hawkins then took flight for one of the 10,000 dunks UK has thrown down on the island. That’s the 12th guy on the team. Unbelievable.

Andrew Harrison: Ankle Breaker

Andrew Harrison made some poor Puerto Rican guy look like he was wearing cement shoes when he crossed him up in the first game of the tour. Dude looking like he just saw flashes of Allen Iverson. Andrew Harrison doing things to the space time continuum that haven’t been seen since Goku. That guy spent the next two days contemplating giving up the game of basketball. Some real next level moves right there.

Aaron Harrison Makes a Poster

Via Twimg.com

Slam, bam, thank ya ma’am. Last season Aaron Harrison on the fast break would have settled for a lay-up on this play with a 50/50 chance of it going in. This year, he’s all business and throwing down no matter who is challenging. The Harrisons have displayed their new mentality this summer which has included great passing, shot selection, and execution. The new guys have a lot of flash but it will be the sturdy Harrisons that can lead UK to the promised land.

What has been you favorite play so far?

Article written by Andrew Cassady

Follow me @ACassady_KSR

22 Comments for Top Plays Of The Bahamas, Thus Far

1. Luther
    10:02 pm August 12, 2014 Permalink

7 — 1, baby!

2. Platinum Unis
    10:19 pm August 12, 2014 Permalink

Learn to write. The Andrew Harrison section had maybe one complete sentence and a bunch of painfully futile attempt to write like Drew Franklin. Note to KSR writers not named Matt, Drew and Tomlin: Use your words.

Also, it wasn’t even that great of a crossover. It did not “shatter ankles.” It was an above average basketball maneuver against an overweight, slow big man. The hyperbole on this site is unbelievable sometimes.

• Hahahaha
      10:25 pm August 12, 2014 Permalink

^ doesn’t understand how this site works.

How about you start a blog – I bet it’ll suck.

• really?
      10:39 pm August 12, 2014 Permalink

Hey Aluminum Unis, there is a spelling error in your rant about grammatical mistakes. Attempt should be plural, as in futile attempts.

• bigbluetruth
      11:07 pm August 12, 2014 Permalink

OK LOSERVILLE TROLL, I guess if Chris Jones had done this move you idiots would’ve hung a banner for best move on the islands. Andrew left him nailed to the floor and he was only able to watch the end results. It’s great how you clowns downplay everything this team has done down there. What kind of excuses will you make up when they beat the TURDS by 20+ in the chicken bucket.

• Ridiculous Hot-Pink Adidas Unis
      10:00 am August 13, 2014 Permalink

They had an entire thread (over 5000 views) about this Summer League move by Russ. It was called a travel, but that’s beside the point…..

And let’s not forget this Tard geek out because Russ put up 52!!! (in a street tourney, that someone called Kedar Edwards won MVP)

3. Lee lee lee
    10:25 pm August 12, 2014 Permalink

Marcus lees dunk a thon has been my favorite

4. Beth
    10:49 pm August 12, 2014 Permalink

Andrew’s behind the back left-handed pass to Dakari for the slam. I feel like it went a bit unnoticed.

5. I Love It
    10:49 pm August 12, 2014 Permalink

Gotta go with Dom punching it in on the baseline.

It’s easy for Marcus and Alex to flush one home. But coming from a guy roughly Dom’s height, my hat is off to any short guy who could comfortably punch one like that in the crowded paint during a game, especially against professional players.

• Leslie
      11:48 am August 13, 2014 Permalink

I concur!!!

6. Catsrus
    11:29 pm August 12, 2014 Permalink

This isn’t as spectacular as its shows tremendous PG effort by our man Ullis. To be knocked to the floor on a screen and then not miss a beat on the D end. I try but I can’t think of a previous guy at UK quite like Tyler. I said to a UofL fan Ullis is a lot like Siva and he said Ullis is better. WOW!
    Here is what I have so far on similar:
    Marcus Lee: Kenny Walker
    Carl Towns: Demarcus Cousins
    Alex Poythress: Terrence Jones
    Andrew Harrison: Wall?
    Aaron Harrison: Jody Meeks
    How would y’all add or subtract from those?
    When Willie and Trey come on its Phi Slamma Cats!

7. Derp
    11:31 pm August 12, 2014 Permalink

Andrew, next time try posting the actual vine instead of just the link… Very annoying

• Andrew Cassady
      9:36 am August 13, 2014 Permalink

Sorry! I can’t embed vines because I’m not an admin. Stupid WordPress rules

8. sweet links bruh
    11:45 pm August 12, 2014 Permalink

Sweet vine links…
    I love how the warm rich text just fills the screen as I have to copy it, and paste it into another browser because you’re a moron.

• Ann Noyd
      7:15 am August 13, 2014 Permalink

……………….Choosey Beggar!

9. Andrew Harrison
    6:34 am August 13, 2014 Permalink

That was me with the Oop to Poy, not my brother. Just FYI.

10. Amirite
    7:02 am August 13, 2014 Permalink

The sequence yesterday of:
    Karl towns baseline spin to fingerroll
    Hawkins lob to Willis
    Hawkins lob to the moon that Marcus somehow grabbed and slammed. So much fun

11. rockatao
    7:27 am August 13, 2014 Permalink

I am amazed by how effective that second unit has been. And I absolutely love the way Ulis and Hawkins defend.

12. UKALLDay
    1:11 pm August 13, 2014 Permalink

Alright I got 2 Observations after 3 games.

1. I can not wait to watch DUKE’s freshman class play. Because they were conscenious number one class. If they have a class better than Tyler, Booker, Towns and Lyles then I have to see it. This 2014 class of UK Freshman might be one of the best classes I have ever seen.

2. This years class is better than last years “Greatest class ever”. I mean think about it Tyler, Towns and Booker just have a high basketball IQ. They don’t make very many mistakes. Have not seen Trey Lyles, but something tells me he is really smart too. Lets face it we made it to the Final but lost 11 times along the way because Randle, J.Young and the Harrisons (Early in the season) were not very smart.

Were is the Tyler behind the back dribble give away pass to Towns for the monster jam with Coach doing color on ESPN. That is my fav.