Tony Romo’s Sunday News and Views

The internet is an amazing thing. It’s a revolutionary tool that has truly connected the entire world and has changed the course of civilization. You can track police activity step by step as the nation’s 10 largest metro area is called to a halt. You can get Kentucky news anytime you’d like in the most ridiculous manner possible and read these views that pour out of my head. You can be made into a celebrity in an instant or you can have your every move put under scrutiny.

Such is the case with Tony Romo who turns 32 on this Sunday and just recently became the fifth highest paid player in the NFL. No  NFL player has caught wrath of social media quite like Romo due to his high turnover rate and inability to win the games that matter most. I can’t wait for this fall to see the latest batch of Romo memes to make the rounds. I hear for his birthday he’ll be getting a bottle of the Tony Romo cologne: The cologne you use but the other guy scores. Happy Birthday to the beleaguered quarterback. To go from undrafted to making 18 million a season I’d say is more than worth catching some flack from the unwashed internet masses. Now onto the News:

-The biggest news of the day came out of Cincinnati as  Mikel Horton announced his decision to come play his college football in Lexington, KY. Horton is a four star Power Running Back out of Westchester, OH and marks the third commit of 2014 for Stoops and company. The staff is just getting it done on the recruiting trail and specifically in Ohio. All three guys in the class hail from our neighbor to the north. Horton chose UK over teams like Florida State, Louisville, Vanderbilt, Boston College, Cincinnati. A pretty solid list there and just another sign that this was a huge pickup for the Cats and a major get for the backfield.

Cats impress at the Nike Hoops Summit: For an in-depth recap check out the post below.

Julius Randle: 19 points, 8 rebounds

Andrew Harrison: 19 points, 5 assists

Karl Towns: 7 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists

Future Cat? Andrew Wiggins: 17 points, 9 boards, 4 assists.

-Around The NBA

Over on KSRcollege I took a look at the odds a Cat could nab a ring this year: Part 1, Part 2. (Shameless Plug) With Rondo done with his injury sustained earlier this year it doesn’t look like he will add a second ring as the Celtics lost to the Knicks today 85-78. NBA scoring leader Melo finished with 36 in the playoff opener. Nazr Mohammed and the Bulls are currently getting blown out in Brooklyn. Tayshaun and Eric Bledsoe will mix it up once that game ends on ESPN. The Grizzlies and Clippers had a great series in the opener last year and tonight’s game should meet that tradition. Not a bad way to wrap up a night of UK  related action.

-UK Baseball

The Cats came up short in today’s double header against South Carolina. Kentucky lost both to lose the series and will play the Gamecocks one last time tomorrow at 1:30. Kentucky has played a ranked team in 14 of their last 16 games, talk about a rough schedule. Maybe the Cats will grab a much needed win on the road in tomorrow’s game.

That’s it for all the big stories of the day. I’ll see you tomorrow morning bright and early with some fresh links. Finally I leave you with this prom photo of UK signee Jacob Hyde. You may remember Hyde rolling to last years prom on a lawn mower. This year he topped it by riding up on a big blue tractor. The man has style.

(h/t Sam Henson, everythingkentuckyonline.com)

Go Cats

Article written by Andrew Cassady

Follow me @ACassady_KSR

32 Comments for Tony Romo’s Sunday News and Views

1. David
    11:08 pm April 20, 2013 Permalink

Did Jabari really go 1 for 9 from the 3? Lol Duke.

2. not_jimmy_dykes
    11:36 pm April 20, 2013 Permalink

I watched the game from home tonight and cheered USA all the way:

guard the border
    rue the ‘roo
    block the hammer stop the sickle
    fry the french
    dam the dom’
    can the cana
    crown the towns

nothing worked, sorry, I tried. those kids are good.

3. Wow
    11:42 pm April 20, 2013 Permalink

Chad Ford said uofl is the favorite for the Exum kid. Ford also has him as a future lotto pick. Supposedly, he may be eligible this December.

4. YankeeCpt
    11:54 pm April 20, 2013 Permalink

shame on you for not posting Aaron’s recap.
    you managed to post a possible Cat’s stats and left one of our own out,

5. Bleed Blue
    12:38 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

@4 Aaron had 0 points and barely played. He should have played more because Kasey Hill played like crap, but I think the US coach was trying see how Andrew would play without Aaron in, I think he proved that he plays well without him.

6. bigredbleedsblue
    12:39 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

Exum is a potential five star kid, doubt he ends up at UL, but we’ll see. Typically those kinds of players want to produce right away not play for teams that compete once every four years or so.

7. SupCat
    1:08 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

I was going to praise about Dante Exum as well. He will be a great ball player and i hope calipari involves more with him. i love his game.

8. Cauts
    1:42 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

6… Apparently Aaron was having problems with his shoulder. That could be the reason

9. richbrooks'tomato
    2:04 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

You forgot to mention Keith Bogans plays for the Brooklyn Nets.

10. skullanbonesdiss
    3:07 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

11. Jeffrey
    3:41 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

The reason why Romo “sucks” is because of the Coyboys O-line, it sucks ass. Give Romo any top O-line in the NFL and he will burn you.

JJ doesn’t understand that it all starts with the big boys, they are your foundation, if you have a weak foundation, you’re doomed for failure.

12. Auburn-Spring-Game
    6:16 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

Auburn set an A-Day record with 83,401 fans at the spring game in Jordan-Hare Stadium.

13. Jerk
    7:40 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

I have not seen any semblance to wiggins and James, Labron has power and speed, no comparison in the body and strength. From what I have seen thus far, Randle is the better of the two. Kind of like Shabazz, media likes him so he is the best, we all saw how that turned out, with all the praise and attention, my take on shabazz is he was a flop. So much for what the media says. Don’t think Wiggins will add that much, he says he doesnt like the attention, if so why has he not desided? I think he is like all the high profile players, they have huge egos. Don’t think he’s going to be a cat, to selfish. Just my opinion.

14. WTH
    8:23 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

13 Jerk

15. dano
    8:27 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

The all No D All About Me Team

Parker=selfish gun
    Gordon=In trouble against elite players
    Hill=I will foul you till you give up the ball

Cal got the right kids this year.

16. John Burke
    8:27 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

Why does pitino get all the damn foreigners. And 13 that’s an unsubstantiated argument. We want wiggins and you should too

17. Otis
    8:32 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

Who is the leader of this baseball team?

18. tdogg40330
    8:44 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

13) where have you seen anyone compare Wiggins to Lebron? I’ve heard
    comments that he is the best high school player “since” Lebron, but not
    actual comparisons. Either way, the dude is a baller … I’d like to
    see him at UK.

19. oooooh pick meeeeeeee
    9:10 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

Randle will be our best player next year, he is a more offensively advanced T Jones with a MKG motor. Wiggins, i believe, will come to UK. i think he loves to defer to teammates and UK will have plenty for him to do so. Gordon looks completely lost against talented competition. Parker, that dude doesnt see a bad shot he shoots more than Melo and Kobe combined. I still have no idea why Dakari Johnson or Chris Walker wasnt on the USA team, they had no one to help Randle rebound.

20. SexnNursinHomes
    9:13 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

15- no doubt. Gordon isn’t much when there aren’t cherry picked dunks. Parker and Gordon should open up a firing range together, they shot so much. USA had no real beef in the middle other than Randle. Should have had D Johnson. Bet the outcome would have been different.

21. Huh?
    9:16 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

Since when is Fla State, Louisville, Vanderbilt, Boston College, and Cincinnati a solid list of teams to beat out for a football recruit? Florida State is the only team that jumps out to me. The others, although better than us, are just average programs.

22. tdogg40330
    9:16 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

20) SnNH, what up yo??

23. SexnNursinHomes
    9:19 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

22- not much tdogg, just pumped up for summer basketball practice reports, almost can’t stand it. This is going to be like 2012 with more ass stompings. haha Hope all is well with you and your family.

24. tdogg40330
    9:28 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

23) I hear ya, I’m ready for some football too though. But yeah, they gonna
    beat some fools down in basketball this comin year.

25. SexnNursinHomes
    9:56 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

24- Ready for some football too. I’m kinda anxious to see what we can do under Stoops. Not expecting a breakout season, but I’d wouldn’t be shocked if we made a bowl this year. I think year 3 under Stoops will have UK in a position in which its never been before.

26. Unit to the G
    10:07 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

21, shut up and go home. When was the last time we got the best player at his given position from any state? And many many more schools are going to get into the mix with Horton during/after his senior year. Many top programs hold out to see how kids develop

27. Verbal commit only!
    10:17 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

26. And hopefully we don’t lose him to the big programs, then.

28. Dye Lawn
    11:04 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

I rip and I rhyme, I rhyme and I rip, this is the way that Dy-lan spit!

29. Jerry Jones
    11:41 am April 21, 2013 Permalink

Tony Romo is a top 6 quarterback. This year he will shut the haters up! Wait and see

30. Teachable Mo'
    12:23 pm April 21, 2013 Permalink

I think people are using “cherry picked” wrongly. The expression for waiting around outside the flow of the game so that you can get an uncontested shot has always been called “snow-birding”. That is, until this past tournament season. Someone mis-spoke on TV or something. And now people are repeating it. Aaaarrghh.

Thanks. Just had to get that off my chest.

31. Cowboys fan
    3:14 pm April 21, 2013 Permalink

Give Romo a O-Line and a running game, he will make the cowboys a contender. Until then, they are gonna be 8-8

32. Garmaster
    6:42 pm April 21, 2013 Permalink

30. I have never heard either one on TV, but I’m pretty sure “cherry picking” and “snow birding” are the same thing. I think it one of those things like soda, coke, or pop. Where you are from determines which term you use.