Tom Leach steps in to talk about what happened (Friday Show Thread)

i

Last night hurt. Let’s get through it together on this edition of Kentucky Sports Radio.

The Voice of the Wildcats, Tom Leach, steps in to help Ryan figure out just what went wrong in Athens. Tune in to hear him break down the Cats’ loss, how it affects their SEC Tournament seeding, and what they have to do to get into the NCAA Tournament.

Share your opinions by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

144 Comments for Tom Leach steps in to talk about what happened (Friday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:55 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Did anyone hear the first caller on the post game show last night? That guy needs to clam down, I’d rather listen to Fake Macho Man Randy Savage talk before that guy. You would’ve thought we were on probation or Billy Gillispie (418 days) was our coach. Reguardless, we are the National Champions for another month before we let someone else babysit the title for a year.

2. Fake Paul Bearer
    9:56 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

3. TylerH
    10:01 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone know how often they put up the podcast for the postgame show?

4. Mashley
    10:01 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Watching this team’s performance last night is equivalent to watching this video for an hour and half on a loop.

5. UK Fan
    10:02 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

#1 has it right. We are going to win 2 titles over the course of 3 years. This will always be the year of the “Forgettables”. They’ve made their mark. Let them go.

6. robuk
    10:02 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

I love the Cats but I also acknowledge what is true. This is not a good team and it’s too late to ferret out the problems. So lets accept it and move on.

7. Travis
    10:02 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

I have a question for Tom. Is he wearing his big-ass NCAA Championship ring? I watched him interview Cal after the Vandy game and he played with it constantly while BBN patiently waited for Coach Cal. Haha…Go Cats!

8. capnmonkey
    10:04 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Did anyone catch Reese Davis asking Bobby Knight if he had any special techniques he used to help players loosen up during games and practice, while talking about Cal playing dodgeball? Classic.

9. TylerH
    10:04 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

I’m not ready to sign off on a guaranteed title next year. Sure we will be absolutely loaded with talent but so was last year’s team. The question is…who will be the Darius Miller next year?

10. Laker Cat 18
    10:06 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

I didn’t watch the ball bounce one time last night. Probably won’t watch Saturday either. I like my heart, I want to keep it from attacking me.

11. TylerH
    10:06 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

8 – that was hilarious. It sounded like he had never even heard of dodgeball before

12. Junior Keightley
    10:06 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

What is up with Ryan Harrow? Did he really diss the coaches going to the bench? After a year with BBN how can he be so clueless?

13. Fake Madison
    10:08 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Good morning Ryan Lemond, I have 2 questions. 1 do you think that if we scored 11 more points we would’ve won? 2 is coach cals toothache the greatest toothache in college basketball history?

14. Laker Cat 18
    10:08 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

UK needs to put out a press release for the female student body to completely shut this team off until the season is over.

15. Rockfield, KY
    10:09 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

We are in the Twilight Zone. We are losing to terrible teams. Bob Knight complains about Georgia not getting called for travelling. Bob Knight gushing over Frank Ramsey on live TV. Whats going on here?

16. robuk
    10:09 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Exactly Tom but not just Kyle…none of them wanted to be there.

17. Rockfield, KY
    10:09 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

14. You are a visionary

18. BillyBob
    10:10 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Two books of SEC Tournament Tickets for sale price negotiable. Email [email protected]

19. TylerH
    10:10 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

I actually enjoyed Bobby Knight on the call more than any other tv announcer we’ve had

20. Morehead Calln'
    10:10 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

its sadness, to see UK players turn there heads down to the floor. I was so mad last night just becuz they looked like they were thinking ” oh well, thank goodness the season is almost over, so I can leave to the draft.”
    My question: what do our UK players truly have to offer a NBA team… D league hopefuls?

21. robuk
    10:10 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Alex Poythress is easy to guard Tom. I could do it.

22. Travis
    10:12 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Chris from Richmond…do you want to debate me on the CATS??? I’m not an eighteen year old kid. ๐Ÿ™‚

“I’ll be your huckleberry.”

23. UK Fan
    10:13 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

#14–LMAO!

24. Morehead Calln'
    10:13 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

They cant beat Florida, be honest.

25. TylerH
    10:13 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

My prediction is if you want to see heart in Rupp on Saturday the game to go to is the 7:30 high school game, not the game at noon

26. Laker Cat 18
    10:14 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

17. I have a big imagination. LOL.

27. robuk
    10:15 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

I am not in the mood for any basketball right now.

28. robuk
    10:16 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

If Cal had a pair he would not start Poythress sat or harrow.

29. TylerH
    10:16 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

After what I heard last night, I think Matt really may be on to something when he said he doesn’t think Harrow will be back last year..

30. Laker Cat 18
    10:16 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

G-Unit – Where you at? I need my football fix.

31. TylerH
    10:17 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

*next year, not last year

32. jim jim
    10:17 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

#25, You got that shit right !!!!

33. Richie Farmer
    10:17 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Did you all see me at rupp last night ? Man them high school guys was like hey there is Ol Richie.. still makes me feel mushy inside.

34. Brandon
    10:17 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Get Matt on the phone and ask him what he knows about behind the scenes issues he keeps hinting at.

35. Richie Farmer
    10:19 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

#25 I will be in the house brother, I love all my fans and tax payers.

36. Jax Teller
    10:21 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

#14 – You sir, are a genius.

37. Jax Teller
    10:22 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Oh here we go with the Jon Hood talk…..cmon my man, you can’t be serious.

38. Travis
    10:23 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

If you picked Caller #2 for the Hoodie call, you won!

39. robuk
    10:24 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Madison must have took a hit right before he called.

40. bleedblueky
    10:24 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Madison must be drinking the whole morning ๐Ÿ™‚

41. Morehead Calln'
    10:24 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

My John Hood Question:
    Will John Hood go thru Senior Day tomorrow?

??

42. robuk
    10:25 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Not a big Hood fan but I would rather see him in than Poythress. I’m serious.

43. G-Unit
    10:26 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Bottom line is we have been spoiled as fans. We got a crop of TRUE FRESHMEN. This is how regular freshmen are. It takes a longer time to “get it.” We have been blessed with elite athletes that had maturity beyond their years. Ppl saying Cal cant coach without elite guys and that are acting the sky is falling need to chill out. You cannot dismiss 3 AMAZING years due to one bad year. 2 other schools have won a title and then had to replace 75% of their offense. 2007 Florida, 2008 UNC. Both coached by HOF Coaches. Both went to NIT the following year. And Josh Harrelson and Deandre Liggins were not ELITE athletes and they got to the final four. These guys just never bought in. Bottom line, End Of Story.

And to all those saying the one-and-done rule is not good for UK and we need to stop recruiting those guys and they need to stay in College longer. Would you tell Davis to stay? what about MKG and all the numerous other 1st round picks. Its not like college has an age limit or is going somewhere. You mean to tell me if you got offered a job after your freshman year to college making anywhere from 2.5 to 12 million in 3 years you would turn it down? Why not take the money? You can always go back to school, which many of them are doing. If you arent responsible enough to take 2.5 to 12 million and live on it the rest of your life that their own fault. So just shut up about this โ€œthink about collegeโ€ bullshit. Just because you cannot find these kids talent/skills in a text book doesnt mean they are any different. Would you tell Steve Jobs he needed to stay in school? Mark Zuckerberg?

44. robuk
    10:27 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

I firmly believe some of the callers are moonshiners and have been sampling.

45. wkcatsfan
    10:28 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Thank you G-Unit for some sensible commentary.

46. Morehead Calln'
    10:28 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

#44 – its a good time to take up drinkin’

47. robuk
    10:29 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

43…good post but I am not spoiled. I just want the team to try. Play hard and lose I can take. Lose like you don’t care i hate.

48. Bluekzu
    10:30 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Unless I’m mistaken, this is the first UK team I’ve ever seen that’s so easily defeated. It’s surreal. Team Turmoil seemed to try harder.

49. Morehead Calln'
    10:30 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

#47: Lose like you donโ€™t care i hate.

*a*m*e*n*

50. Morehead Calln'
    10:30 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

i WANT TO GET fUNKED uP!

51. Matt from somerset
    10:31 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Yes Kentucky loss and it is sad, but Bobby Knight is done and it is time to celebrate- Thanks goodness we dont’ have to listen to him any more!

52. WILLIAM BRASKEY
    10:32 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

This team is the equivalent to a stolen 1999 Honda Accord, the sum of the parts is greater than that of the whole. This group just isn’t going to be cohesive together, there are too many passive players on the roster. They’re good kids, and have been model citizens off of the court, but they just seem to be blenders on the court. I hated the dumb stuff Cousins would do, as well as T-Jone’s flexing, but their confidence seems to be missing on this team.

On a side note, how much better off would Terrence and Lamb have been staying another year? They would have gotten all of the accolades on the roster, as well as being available for the middling NBA draft coming up. As it satnds, both will be lucky to break camp next year above the D-League, and Lamb might even be heading to Europe

53. robuk
    10:33 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Coach Cal should try the “Total Transformation” program.

54. Sir Brandon
    10:34 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Tom Leach taketh it easy. Like a boss.

55. robuk
    10:34 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Off to see the wizard!

56. tom
    10:35 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

I’m so tired of hearing about what John Short thinks

57. robuk
    10:35 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

This caller is delusional.

58. Duh
    10:35 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

I hate this team. There, I said it.

59. Rockfield, KY
    10:35 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Hate if you want, but I love watching Jon Hood play. He plays hard every play, even if he misses a shot or defensive assignment. Give me effort all day over talent that has no heart. If only Polson had been blessed with Harrow’s ability. He’d be a draft pick with the effort he gives.

60. Laker Cat 18
    10:36 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

That guy was high. I can pick out a stoner from a mile away.

61. Psguk359
    10:38 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Iโ€™m riding high on our National Championship last year & focusing on Dallas next year!!!!!!!!
    Keep the faith BBN; How quickly we forget!

62. Delk for 3
    10:38 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

59 — Totally agree about Hood.

63. Richie Farmers Mustache
    10:39 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

30- G-Unit said on other threads that he is done with football updates because a ton of ppl started taking his name and saying crazy shit. Also got tired of defending himself so much, which I dont blame him for. However, My dad has a catsillustrated account and This is what Justin Rowland recently posted. I like him hate pay sites so I’ll copy and paste over the updates. This is for all offensive targets:

Quarterback
    **** (154) Drew Barker – UK still feels good. South Carolina still in it. Will set spring visits soon.

Overview: Barker is the only QB UK has offered. Staff is evaluating others to protect themselves but still want Barker to be the guy. Still looks like late April, early May decision.

Running Back
    Biggest Target:
    ****Braylon Heard (6โ€™0/205) (Top 50 in 2010-4th best RB in Class)- This kid is an absolute stud. Big and fast, will have to sit out due to transfer but the general concensus is that UK is far and away the most likely place for him to land. Wonโ€™t hear much since he is finishing out school term at Nebraska.

****Tony James – One of the ‘speed’ backs UK likes. Too early to gauge genuine interest.
    **** (209) Mikel Horton – Visiting Louisville this weekend. Recent FSU offer opened everything up. UK feels good. Will be at spring game.
    **** (222)Justin Jackson – UK is among top four or five favorites. Good, growing relationship with Scott. BC, N’Western among others.
    ****Jonathan Haden – Comes from huge football family. UK one of many spring visits he will take.
    ****Kamryn Pettway – Already flipped once (FSU to Auburn). UK will continue to recruit. Another big back.
    ****Jarvis Stewart – UK is his favorite “out of state” school.

Overview: Horton, Jackson, Haden, Stewart are the four UK is in the best shape with right now. More offers cold go out soon. UK will take one or two running backs. If they take a big back, they’ll also take a speed guy.

Wide Receiver:
    ****Drake Harris (56) – Kentucky has made a big push and has his attention. But Michigan, Michigan State are most likely landing spots.
    ****Braxton Berrios – Has interest in UK but he’s tougher to read; doesn’t talk to coaches as much. Think he likes UNC, South Carolina; knows other offers are coming.
    ****Blake Bone – Tough read but UK wants to get him in for a visit.
    ****Thaddeus Snodgrass(198) – Looks good. Will leave it at that.
    ****Troy Apke – Was excited by recent UK offer. Guy has height and is a burner. Will likely visit. Bookser’s teammate.
    ****Kendrick Holland – Recently offered by UofL. Told me via text UK still leads.
    ****Derek Kief – Trying to do some digging. Really blowing up and I think he’s pretty open-minded.
    ***Garrett Johnson – Great spread guy; think UK could conceivably be a darkhorse.
    ****T.V. Williams – One of few early Texas targets; UK was first SEC offer. Nebraska, Cal among other contenders.

Overview: What immediately jumps out is how high Kentucky is aiming here. Almost all ‘elite’ players that will be national recruiting battles. Probably a good strategy. Given the staff’s track record and the system they’re selling they can get the three-star types. JMO. Interesting how many of these guys are 6โ€™4-ish. Really big WRโ€™s.

Tight end
    ****Darryl Long – UK really feels good. Really good.
    ****Marcus Mosely – Kentucky, Louisville, Syracuse lead. His teammate, Gary Brown, is visiting for spring game. Interesting to see if Mosely makes the trip, too.
    ***Ethan Wolf – Kentucky in the mix but probably doesn’t feel quite as good about Wolf as they do about Long.
    Overview: Kentucky will take one or two tight ends. Things look very good with Long. Hearing UK is also targeting some ‘national’ guys but want to keep those quiet it seems.

Offensive line
    ****Reilly Gibbons – Too early to gauge interest.
    ****Nick Richardson – Visiting very soon with parents. Will be interesting to see how trip goes.
    Alex Bookser – UK really likes this guy and UK was first SEC offer.
    Ja’Merez Bowen – Could have some work to do academically but really likes UK and the love they’ve shown.
    Alex Dalton – UK probably in good shape along with Indiana.
    Ray Raulerson – Was ecstatic over UK offer. Visiting Northeast schools next week.
    Isaiah Wynn – This kid is a monster. New offer every day it seems. Will gauge once dust clears.
    Nolan Kelleher – UK would probably be top five but Georgia Tech leads. Engineering is big.
    Marcelys Jones – UK making a strong play, could be No. 2 behind the Buckeyes and rising.
    Jarrett LaRubbio – One source told me that UK believes they can have him but want to see how they fare with other options rated a little higher first.
    Eric Shute – NCSU has made big impression but it’s early, UK just offered.
    Brian Allen – Getting him out of Big Ten will be a chore but UK really impressed him so far.
    Overview: UK is in pretty good with the Ohio guys. Could likely get Dalton, LaRubbio, but want to see how they fare with some Florida guys (Wynn, Raulerson, etc) as well as Jones and others.

64. Delk for 3
    10:40 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

I will say this and know it’s the truth: Alex Poythress is the laziest UK player that has ever played.

65. jbhuk15
    10:40 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Very well said G-Unit, couldn’t have said it better myself. I think part of the problem is that we have so many fans never left where they grew up and have a different perspective about leaving something for better opportunities.

66. TylerH
    10:40 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

The ‘behind the scenes’ stuff is between the players and Calipari, not the players against themselves

67. BBNinClearwaterFL
    10:41 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Anyone notice Mayes and Goodwins interaction at the free throw line last night when Mayes tried to coach Goodwin after a missed free throw? Looks like Goodwin was “mouthing” something after that.

68. Bluekzu
    10:42 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

43. No, I wouldn’t tell them to stay, but it’s still bad for college bball. Consistent teams made of short-term players (especially ones that underachieve) will affect the product that fans are still being asked to buy. Winning a title makes up for most of the other things you’d be missing, like being able to follow a player’s development, but most teams won’t be like last year. I understand why they’d go, but objectively speaking the one-year rule isn’t helping college bball.

69. wkcatsfan
    10:43 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

64. Agreed. Though Richard Madison would be a pretty close second.

70. Travis
    10:44 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Anyone interested in tickets for tomorrow’s Senior Day at Rupp? Sections 231 and 232. Rows CC and DD. Thanks

71. Rockfield, KY
    10:45 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Luckily the NCAA isn’t an away game. We’ve done OK in neutral site games, just not in true road games.

72. Delk for 3
    10:46 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

67 — Goodwin probably is sick of the so-called “leadership” of Mays. Mays usually plays like absolute crap and then just frowns at teammates and questions them if they do something wrong. I get tired of watching Mays and his empty leadership. Mays is pretty much a scrub other than shooting three-pointers. Problem is, he’s not athletic enough to get open shots.

73. cats1068
    10:46 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Ryan, tell Billy Ray the next time he callls just 1 thing…1986

74. Sir Brandon
    10:48 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Tom hath the easy theme going.

75. Travis
    10:49 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Erin Andrews SK ad > Jersey Shore meathead SK ad

76. Mattcat68
    10:49 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

The keys for beating this UK team. Make them play half court offense. This team has done nothing in transition for about 3 games now. Play zone and get back on defense. That’s it.

77. inlinefor9
    10:50 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Wtf is Cal going to do? Throw his team under the bus?

78. Seriously?
    10:51 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Everybody holding out hopes that we’ll make the tournament needs to just stop. This “team” is done. Good riddance to them.

79. Jax Teller
    10:51 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

KY has the most chicken little fanbase in all of college.

Is this team frustrating? Absolutely. But realize we’ve been spoiled for years. This year we had freshmen that didn’t gel and actually play like freshmen. Cal has said many times that they aren’t coachable, and I believe it. They are making the same mistakes over and over all year long. That’s not normal.

80. inlinefor9
    10:52 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Are you FREAKING serious!? Why the hell do we got this guy on the show.

81. BBNinClearwaterFL
    10:52 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

The Stones played at Rupp in January of 1978.

82. Rockfield, KY
    10:52 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Slapnuts, please learn to speak English

83. inlinefor9
    10:53 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Wtf would you know about playing grown men Slapnuts? Dude is a Cards fan and thinks he understands basketball. Impossible. GTFO

84. G-Unit
    10:53 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

So according to slapnuts, we need more veteran players like Siva and Russ Smith? lol since that is paying dividends soo much for them…..

85. BBNinClearwaterFL
    10:54 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Stones played in June not January.

86. Travis
    10:55 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Ryan or Shannon…You guys should play “Lean on Me” or “Stand by Me” for other callers to ease the pain.. Lol

87. Bob
    10:55 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

The guys on this team couldn’t hold Brandon Knight’s jock.

88. cats1068
    10:55 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Slapnuts, 1986 baby!

89. Booge Fan
    10:56 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Tom Leach is so professional, he adds so much to the show.

90. me
    10:56 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

I almost turned the postgame show off last night when that first jerk caller was allowed to rant on and on. Ryan, why in the world would you go out of your way to ask that idiot to call?

91. inlinefor9
    10:57 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Ha, that dude might get punched in the face if he came in there with UofL gear on. Esp if the seats are in the upper level.

92. UKBlue
    10:58 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

This team is best described by Cal own words: selfish, out of control, won’t listen, uncoachable. Personally, I want the season just to end so we don’t have the watch this nightmare any longer. The only bright spot, this season will make Cal a better & smarter coach. Cal has never been in this position before, so he hasn’t exactly known what to do. As bad, painful, & embarrassing this season has been, you can bet your ass Cal doesn’t have another season like this at UK.

93. cats1068
    10:58 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Ryan, Steely Dan is Bill Ray from the post game call in show last night. He made the same comment about 2 NIT’s in 5 yrs. That’s why you just tell him 1986. U of L hasn’t won the NCCA championship since then and that was the last year of no 3 pt line. Ancient history!

94. cats1068
    11:00 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

90- Chris from Richmond is good entertainment. When UK wins, he is also complimentary. He’s passionate and that’s what I like about him.

95. Keith Jackson
    11:00 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

As usual Tommy Leech is right. But the Rolling Stones has played Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton Alberta Canada.

96. Boogie Fan
    11:02 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

90-Chris from Richmond is who you are talking about. His act is about as original as Skip Bayless or Chris Berman. We don’t need fans like that guy.

97. Laker Cat 18
    11:05 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Is the post-game show on podcast yet? I missed it.

98. Travis
    11:05 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Here’s some actual data for UL and IU trolls…enjoy.

National Champions (regional schools) who have won the NCAA in my lifetime (since 1981)
    —————————————————————————————
    Louisville – 1986
    Indiana – 1987
    Kentucky – 1996, 1998, 2012

So…trolls can be trolls, and we will continue to be NCAA Champs. I hope facts do not make your head hurt, trolls. Yessirr…Go CATS! ๐Ÿ™‚

99. Delk for 3
    11:05 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Chris from Richmond is great. IMO, he can rant all he wants when a team like this is stinking it up like they are.

100. Travis
    11:06 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Chris from Richmond’s shtick is like Rick Pitino. He was good once and his fifteen minutes, or seconds, have cum and gone.

101. CatGrad7072
    11:07 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

92: Only one bright spot?
    I think there is another one. Oh wait, that’s just the headlight of the FL freight train bearing down on Rupp Arena.

102. UKRN
    11:07 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

This is the CURSE of the WILDCAT LODGE…the season went downhill 11/29/12 at Notre Dame..they tore the lodge down that week…Someone needs to settle the spirit…NOW

103. Tom
    11:08 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Sean Woods is a prophet.

104. jbhuk15
    11:08 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Could you imagine how smart we all would be if we were as smart as slap nuts thought he was. That dude is a moron and always has been.

105. Rockfield, KY
    11:10 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

103. We may owe him an apology

106. Travis ruins KSR everyday
    11:10 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Travis…You are not funny and just overall bad (kinda like you were at soccer in high school).

107. me
    11:12 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Yes, I know that caller was Chris from Richmond. I just think he is an a-hole who doesn’t deserve to be acknowledged by KSR.

108. Boogie Fan
    11:12 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

106-very true, Travis adds nothing to the show.

109. Morehead Calln'
    11:13 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Are rating really that important to stir hatred among Looserville and UK fans?

Just dont answer the phone….

110. Delk for 3
    11:15 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Alex is not a physical player. He is soft and slow off his feet.

111. inlinefor9
    11:17 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Randle is already locked in. Not even in question.

All focus is now on Wiggins.

112. Travis - my real name
    11:20 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

106

Hahaha… are you going to sit on the porch and bark like a little bitch, or are you going to bite??? ๐Ÿ™‚

holla at me, B. @trob7_gocats7

113. inlinefor9
    11:21 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

James Taylor. This song is by far one of the best songs I’ve ever heard. Maybe the best.

114. Travis - my real name
    11:22 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

106 – If you had ANY balls, you would post with your name. But you have proven you don’t even have a sack, dude, so I’m done acknowledging that you even breathe air. Peace

115. RealCatsFan
    11:25 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

So answer this for me: If certain players display a tendency to not do what they are coached to do, play without urgency and energy and aggression on the court, and can’t even hit free throws, what makes a pro scout think things will be any different at the next level (NBA)? I would have to think that certain players on this squad have cost themselves some money. I know “potential” is the buzz-word in NBA circles, but it should be obvious that some of these kids also have the “potential” to mail it in game after game.

116. Travis ruins KSR everyday
    11:33 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Meet me in the Walmart parking lot tonight. I’ll be in a Sunfire convertible with chrome rims! Haha

117. scott
    11:36 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

I.think there is something.going.on behind.closed doors. Matt said we would find out after the seasons over

118. Sarcastic Mashley
    11:36 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

what is all this about Alex playing bad? I assumed he didn’t even travelwith the team to the game…was he there and I missed him while I was watching the game?

119. BBNinClearwaterFL
    11:37 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

We would’ve beat St Johns had Chris Mullins not poked Kenny Walker in the eye forcing him to leave the game.

120. Bear
    11:37 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

43- G Unit, I agree Cal can certainly coach. I do disagree that this teams problems is just that these kids are true freshmen. Freshmen or not, heart, hustle, and actually showing effort doesn’t have anything to do with being Freshmen. There is obviously some major things going on behind closed doors. we are spoiled but I don’t think that it is to much to ask a UK fan to for your team to be competitive and to make the tournament.

121. Wall2Cousins
    11:40 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

OH MY GAWD STFU AND SHOOT YOURSELF ABOUT JON HOOD.

122. bkalston
    11:41 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

It’s on Fox SportsSouth here in Paducah. The program guide says ACC Womens Tourney.

123. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:41 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Stop with all the John Hood talk…

124. Jax Teller
    11:41 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Somebody tell Jon Hood’s dad to get off the phone.

125. Laker Cat 18
    11:42 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

This guy is on crack. That’s insane.

126. Sir Brandon
    11:42 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

If Hood couldst play Cal would be playing him. Plain and simple.

127. G-Unit
    11:43 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

John Hood Stats past 3 times he has played:

11 points – 8reb

Given up:

27pts

He cannot defend anyone… bottom line

End the Hood Hysteria PLEASE!

128. scott davis
    11:44 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

To.listeners and fans its so easy to.coach from.the.TV and .stands but pit.your ass in Cal’s seat and people would shart on themselves. IN.CAL I TRUST

129. Delk for 3
    11:44 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

I disagree with you guys about Hood. The guy deserves to play because he is playing harder than anybody on the team right now. He also provides more of a scoring threat than Polson and more of a rebounding threat than Mays. Also, Hood is every bit as athletic as Mays. You are crazy if you think otherwise.

130. G-Unit
    11:45 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Florida and UNC were both runner-ups

131. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:47 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Shannon does a great job with the live ad reads. Keep up the good work!

132. Delk for 3
    11:47 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

127 — Where do you get your 27 pts given up by Hood? Regardless if that stat is true or not, you act like we are given great defense by the other guys.

133. Bob Day
    11:48 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Isn’t “Big House” used in reference to prison? ๐Ÿ™‚

134. Travis - my real name
    11:48 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

116…my name is Travis. Is your name is…d#ckless, p#ssy or hom0?

๐Ÿ™‚

Of course you would want to meet at Wal-Mart parking lot in an 80 s Pontiac. No jacked – up Ford or Chevy? Must not have s job….

135. Wall2Cousins
    11:48 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

129…he’s a fukn scrub…looks like chit and plays like chit

136. Travis - my real name
    11:49 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Shannon is crushing the live reads. Nice work

137. Delk for 3
    11:50 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

There is no “Hood Hysteria” going on. It’s people upset about having to continuously watch a terrible team play and having to listen to a bunch of crap like Jon Hood isn’t good enough to play minutes and must sit watching these other scrubs.

138. Wall2Cousins
    11:50 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

Delk for 3 is Jon Hood’s daddy….goodlord….Hood athletic???? WTF????…moron

139. Sir Brandon
    11:50 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

136 Totally agreeth with thee. You go, Shannon the Dude!

140. Delk for 3
    11:51 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

135 — OK, how are those studs workin’ out for the Cats? Hood is not a good player by any means, but neither is Polson and if Mays isn’t shooting threes he’s every bit a waste of space on the floor.

141. Delk for 3
    11:53 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

138 — Athletic is the wrong word. Wrong word for Mays, too. His big-ass can barely move and he sucks at everything besides shooting wide-open three-pointers.

142. Delk for 3
    11:55 am March 8, 2013 Permalink

138 — Wall2Cousins is the biggest dumbass. Acting like the over-rated scrubs are too good to be joined by anybody off the bench.

143. Travis
    2:15 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Big House Bourbon. Not watered down. Ninety proof. Shannon the Dude.

144. Richie Farmer