Today was just one of those days

m6ff35a1bcfc15c47b3dad7fe515ad98d

– I’ll give one final thought on the game today. We have six games left in SEC play plus the SEC tournament. That’s a lot of time for a young team to get better. Every year there is a team that makes a good run in March that no one would have predicted doing so at the beginning of February. It seems like the popular thing to do is point the finger of blame at anyone and everyone associated with the program, but that’s not how it should be. When Kanter was ruled ineligible for the season we knew this team wasn’t going to be as good as it could have been. We’re a young team with a thin bench. When all is said and done, though, there aren’t many teams that I’d pick over this one on a neutral court with a, more than likely, pro-UK crowd. This team probably doesn’t have the personnel to win a national championship, but it’s not right to give up on them just yet.

– Elsewhere in the world of college basketball, Ohio State was finally knocked off by Wisconsin. My favorite part about this game was the fact that Wisconsin was favored, yet every single talking head who picked the Badgers to win smugly mentioned that they did so as often as possible. Good call guys. That’s why you get paid the big bucks.

Also in this game, despite the fact that they were favored, Wisconsin students rushed the court. Not only did they rush the court, but one fan also got very excited to see Jared Sullinger

sullinger1

– Ignore the fact that Sullinger narcissistically capitalized the ‘F’ in face and instead focus on how stupid this Wisconsin fan was. I’m going to go out on a limb and assume that this fan wasn’t nearly as big as Sullinger. I think that if someone does that then the player should be allowed to go after them Ron Artest style. If you want to rush the court in a game you’re favored in, that’s fine, just don’t be stupid about it.

– Just a final note on OSU: a day after the Cleveland Cavaliers finally win a game, the Buckeyes finally lose one. God has a fantastic sense of humor regarding sports in the state of Ohio

– Another team from Ohio, Cleveland State, has a guy that can flat out get it. Norris Cole, a guard of 6 feet 2 inches tall and all of 170 pounds, scored 41 points, grabbed 20 rebounds and dished 9 assists on Saturday in a win against Youngstown State. That’s legit.

– I don’t like Digger Phelps. I really just can’t stand the guy. How does ESPN let him get away with his blatant bias toward Notre Dame? It’s just silly.

– Jimmer Fredette is a lot of fun to watch and is obviously a fantastic player but I’m going to go ahead and say right now that I wouldn’t mind having BYU as one of the top seeds in whatever NCAA bracket the Cats are eventually put in. I’m not insinuating that Jimmer is the only weapon that the Cougars have because they have a few good players, but I think that this UK team could play with, and beat BYU on a neutral court.

– In the Florida/Tennessee game, Florida pulled out the win, 61 to 60, at home on an Erving Walker go ahead lay up with 14 seconds left. Tennessee had the last possession and Bruce Pearl didn’t call a timeout to set up a play. Melvin Goins had a decent look at the shot but just missed, similar to our game at Florida.

– So Florida looks like it’s separating itself from the rest of the SEC East pack. A number two finish in the East and the first round bye in the SEC tournament is still possible for the Cats, though, and it’s going to be what they shoot for from here on out.

That’s all I have for you today, folks. It was a rough one, but we’ve survived worse.

Come on back tomorrow. We’ll be here waiting for you.

Article written by Matthew Hays

109 Comments for Today was just one of those days

1. me
    9:05 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Not an excuse because it happens everywhere and u have to play through it i know but why is it accepted that home teams get more calls than road teams?You know going in that you not gonna get as many free throws and when they come to rupp we will get to the line more.Just doesnt make any sense.

2. Cal&cat-fan
    9:11 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Kentucky basketball is in a better place than it has been in ten years and it really bothers me that some fans bail so quick

3. you forgot one other thing...
    9:16 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Cardinals extend reign over Orange 73-69! BIG EAST WIN by #15 Louisville over #13 Syracuse!! BIG EAST BASKETBALL!!!

4. Mr Schwump
    9:17 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Matthew, these “rough ones” are happening far too often.

5. Cat fan
    9:17 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

This is the best that uk b-ball has been in ten years and people still jump ship half way through the season it makes me sick. Suck it up and be tru fans go cats

6. White Castle Sliders
    9:18 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Well atleast I have a bunch of Natural Light to drink and when I’m done drinking I have a suitcase of White Castle sliders to tear up. UK will dominate in Atlanta…I don’t care how many days in a row they have to play. UK has been losing by a few points in tough places to play and the teams beating them have been shooting lights out from 3. Atlanta will be an all UK crowd. UK will win 4 straight and win the SEC Tourney. You have the best game of your season at home and shoot the best from 3 and you still barely beat UK? As Ole Miss, Alabama and Vandy did….. UK will dominate in ATL and will tear up teams in the NCAA…this team is better than their record..just been victims of hot 3point shooting.

7. gog8ors
    9:20 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Go Gators!

8. Mr Schwump
    9:23 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

7, right…to hell!!

9. KY Realist
    9:23 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Cal is not a real coach and he is a lazy recruiter. He does not even recruit. He just waits until all the other schools have made their recruiting pitches, then he and WWW step in and offer the kid a bag of cash. His coaching skills are beyond terrible. He was Mr. NIT his first 5 years at Memphis. He started winning after the real teams went to the BE and Cal hook up with his pimp, WWW. He has duped all you simpletons into thinging he is a superstar. In reality, he is a fat, greasy, used car salesman.

10. BPsycho
    9:26 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

“God has a fantastic sense of humor regarding sports in the state of Ohio”

Hahaha

Silly Matthew , god don’t give a **** about Cleveland!

11. Mr Schwump
    9:28 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

9, head to the toilet. You’re full of shit.

12. bubba
    9:33 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

9, People who think they are the only ones who know what’s going on are usually the most delusional.

13. Mike
    9:38 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Why do you have a “suitcase” of White Castle sliders?

14. BPsycho
    9:49 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

#13 Because they were out of coffins?

15. Sheriff Buford T. Justice
    9:56 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

6. I had some sliders the other day and then sat on the toilet all night crapping my brains out. Those things are delicious going in but good googly moogly do they set your intestines ablaze

16. It
    9:59 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

It really sucks to loose. That is one thing I think we can all agree on. But I sure hope the majority of UK fans don’t bitch, whine and cry like some of the dummies who comment on this site.

Look at MSU or KState. They were supposed to be great this year but they are not. UK is in a rebuilding year and we are struggling. It’s not that surprising really. We have a new coach, leftover recruits and our best players are freshmen. Cal needs a shot to build HIS version of Kentucky basketball. If he can’t get to a NC game in 4 or 5 years we can deal with him then. But now is the time to back our coach and our players. So we can keep our coach and continue to get good players. All of the people who hate Cal need to just get over it, he is OUR guy. We need him to stay more than we need another new coach.

It fine to criticize but keep in mind that the more bitching, whining and negativity will only work against UK in the long term. That attitude will make coaching and playing for UK suck.

17. tdogg4033011
    10:02 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

6) I agree, this team is better than their record shows. Like Calipari said today … they are getting
    better & gaining experience. There aren’t any teams in college basketball that UK couldn’t beat on a neutral court ….. this team will be fine, especially by mid March. Keep ya faith …. GO CATS !!!!

18. White Castle Sliders
    10:02 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

#13…they sell em as a suitcase…its a 24pack of sliders…and they are GREAT!!!! 🙂

19. Demosthenes
    10:03 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Two years ago we went 8-8 in sec play, and Billy was sent packing. Right now we are 5-5. It doesn’t look good… just saying.

20. Ben
    10:06 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

How many games like this before it becomes more than just one of those days? I am getting tired of those type of days!

21. Exercise
    10:07 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

18) I bet you are fat.

22. White Castle Sliders
    10:08 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

#19 Because Billy G’s team was lifeless and getting drilled. This team is for real. I mean when teams launch 25footers with hands in their face and they knock em down…all u can do is just grin and bear it. This team is good. Just been victims of silliness from the 3point line by teams. Billy G was an idiot and was running players away and his recruits are bench warmers on mid major teams. Just saying

23. PayPalCal
    10:15 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Don’t worry guys, I just gave my buddy WWW a bundle of cash. He’s about about to lockdown a top 2012 class for us. Is that cool or what?

24. CadizCat
    10:15 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

There is always next year, but then again next year is 2012….

25. old_school
    10:16 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

UK is in a better spot than anytime in the last ten years?

NO! – our 2003 was in a better spot than this one and there’s not many Tubby teams that ever found themselves 5-5 at this point in conference play.

Last year was a mirage created by a combination of fans who were hungry for winners, GREAT talent in Walls, Patterson, Cousins, Bledsoe, etc., a deep bench, and a very mediocre schedule.

This year’s team weaknesses have been well-chronicled – but they all fall back on one factor – Cal’s strategy in building a program.

To fact – our weaknesses are:

Youth: – When you advertise beforehand that your plan is to recruit one-and-done’s – you’re sending a message that you’re not looking to build a program around 3-4 year players.

No depth: When you advertise beforehand that your plan is to recruit players who plan to leave after one year, and you brag that getting these guys to the NBA so quickly marks “the greatest day” in the history of the program – you have no one to blame for lack of depth but yourself.

No Enes Kanter: When you recruit a guy that other programs shied away from, knowing he had some questions and you put all your eggs in that basket – you really can’t complain when you lose the gamble.

Fans – everyone wants to now pin their hopes on last year – but is it really that comforting to be so reliant on unproven freshmen? I mean this time last year everyone was talking about “how sick we were going to be this year”.

Obviously -Jones, Lamb and Knight are talented players – but it should be obvious that we CANNOT win with a six-man rotation, especially when half are freshmen. Also remember that Stacy Poole was getting just as much hype as the other freshmen this time last year – and simply hasn’t panned out. Who’s to say Davis, Gilchrist or one of the other high-profile freshmen for next year won’t be disappointing as well.

I’ve seen a growing number of people who starting to agree with what I’ve been posting for a couple of years, and it’s refreshing that more and more fans are waking up to reality.

26. Mr Schwump
    10:21 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

25, ohhhh, I see. We don’t want to recruit the best players we can? I get it!!

27. Stacey Poole
    10:23 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Cal gave me a scholarship but refuses to play me. I’m going to bounce after this season and let an actual coach develop my talent.

28. White Castle Sliders
    10:25 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

25 Yep We should have kept Billy G. Dakota Euton, Vinny Zeller, etc. Those guys are program buiders that stick for 4yrs…we’d be good wouldn’t we?

29. catfanran
    10:28 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Hey guys and gals in UK nation just chill. We are 5-5 in the conference…We beat Miss. St., we Beat S. Car. we win on the road at ARK. that makes us 8-5 in conference..We beat Fla. at home and Vandy at home..that makes us 10-5 in the conference..Then the all important spot for second in the east and a bye in the S E C tourney at the THUGS I mean Tenn…..we will either be 11-5 or 10-6 and either play on Friday nite or thursday afternoon…………and we will have 21 wins so dont get out of the boat just yet…GO CATS

30. BestWorstMovie
    10:29 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

I haven’t seen this many TROLLS out and about since the last time I went beaver gigging at Phoenix Hill Tavern.

31. Bowel Movement
    10:34 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

It’s a fact that Cal cuts corners. He is lazy and is a sorry coach. Instead of drawing up plays during timeouts, he tells his star point guard to make a play. He is nothing more than an ape with a suit on. UK would be better off having the mascot or Trashley Judd on the bench.

32. It
    10:36 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Old School. You keep blabbing the same junk everyday. No one is agreeing with you unless you mean the trolls from UL. Why do you have such a negative attitude? We only have one season with Cal and this one is not over. Why not give him a chance to build a team? Yes he will have young stars and some good role players as well to make you happy. Cal knows he needs role players. You may not like him but you know he is not dumb.

If he just recruits one and dones like you say and doesn’t get to a NC game I won’t regret supporting him. Cal is a guy who has his players over to his house for holidays. They play video games with his kids. He makes it a family atmosphere and i believe he genuinely cares for his players. Tubby let his players party and smoke pot. BG partied harder than most fraternities and stole his players girlfriends.

The point is, Cal is not perfect. But he is better than what we’ve had in a while. I want to win championships. I do think Cal can win one with ultra talented young guys along with a strong supporting cast of role guys. But he needs time to get them. He is using BGs guys now and it just isn’t clicking. But to be so narrow minded towards the future is just unproductive and accomplishes nothing. And you sir are a narrow-minded UK fan.

33. tdogg4033011
    10:36 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

31) eat sh*t and die !!!!

34. Mr Schwump
    10:39 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

27, good frees up a schollie.

35. Shields Eyes
    10:44 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

We need to start recruiting lesser players in order to keep them around longer?

36. MikeInLexington
    10:48 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Wow 31. Really? Read what you posted and then ask yourself the question, Who here is trash? The answer is clearly you. As far as the fairweather fans go, the real fans just need to remember who they are next year when they jump on the bandwagon when we are hanging #8. We have 6 players…..3 are freshmen this year. And Louisville fans, you wont win it all this year and WE BEAT YOU, so suck it.

37. Go cats
    10:50 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Go Cats. We are going to be tough to beat in the tourney so keep supporting all the way up to hat last game. We have to enjoy jones while hes here hopefully he can come back next year along with our other freshman.. Anybody else love Liggins I know hes crazy but hes starting to show a lot of emotion and i love it ha. On of my favs. as a wildcat… He might be that vetern leader besides Miller. Even Harrelson shows Emotion.

And thats ridculous a fan would spit on sullinger thats just awful

38. BlueFins
    10:50 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Matthew, your Probably right! So I won’t even consider an Elite 8. I’ll just be pleasantly surprised if they do well. No, I’m not jumping ship, just leveling out my expectations.

I would appreciate it if someone told Cal and the young Cats that we have no business losing to the teams we are losing to, young or seasoned team.

39. WildCobbSalad
    10:52 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

6. I’d hate to be your toilet. Or anyone within 100 ft. of you the next three days.

40. ClayCountyCat
    10:56 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Maybe having this short bench is karma for Cal kicking half the players off the team when he got here.

41. Yuck
    10:57 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

40) I agree, his colon will likely fall out.

42. old_school
    11:00 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

I completely understand why UK fans are enamored with Cal. He orchestrated a great one-year fix last year after two disasterous years under Billy G.

But please don’t get caught up in the hype not to consider the long-term health of the program.

There always seems to be a debate about Cal choosing talent over experience. My contention is that the great teams and the great programs don’t limit themselves between choosing one or the other.

Instead, they bring in talent that is committed to growing even better with experience. The two do not have to be mutually exclusive.

For the long-term health of a program – it is better to get a four-star guy who will become All-American caliber in three-four years than it is to get the five-star – lottery pick freshman for just one.

I know it’s hard and many fans have grown inpatient with the fact that it takes time to grow a program – that’s why they latch on to Cal’s get-rich-quick schemes

Some say we must wait and give Cal a chance to built his program. But after two years and three recruiting classes – his strategy is evidence. Recruit five star recruits – and as he has stated from his own word – the priority is to develop them into NBA draft picks – UK team accomplishments come in second.

Please remember that he told Sports Illustrated that if he won the NCAA title and didn’t have a top draft pick – he’d consider the season a disappointment. THINK ABOUT THAT!!!!

Is that really the concensus of true UK fans?

I certainly hope not!

43. mike
    11:04 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

I cant believe that some dont understand that the last 2 games this team has played great, that doesnt mean they played perfect, nor does it mean that they are the best team out there, they are not, but good effort.
    I dont like losing and I’m sure they dont either, but give Cal a year or two and then these so call fans wont have anything to say, because all the players he gets is not going to be leaving every year, there be one or two staying this year one or two next and so on, some will end up staying three or even four, everyone not going to be 1st round pick every year.
    We going to be great, some just hate to see it come. GO CATS

44. Nodef
    11:08 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Guys, calm down. Who would have thought that Bledsoe and Orton would have been one year players? Lamb (may not stay) should be a Gerald Fitch like 3 or 4 year player. Kanter was not eligible. We have four top talents coming in next year. Add those with possibly Knight, Lamb, Orton or Bledsoe if they stayed, and some of BCG’s average players then you are looking at a national championship caliber team. Give Cal a break. Let him recruit the best. I will always take talent over experience. We were one game away from the final four last year and probably had the second most talent in the field with a team full of freshman. It will work out and we will get some good talent that will stick around 2 or 3 years to blend with our super freshman.

45. Katman2000
    11:10 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

I’m about to fire up my website again. I will help run Cal out of town just like I did Tubby. We are Vandy’s [email protected] again.

46. BTIdiot
    11:21 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

How long before BTI compares what % of the time Vandy’s cheerleaders use a certain cheer – and conclude that they didn’t play better against us; we just played worse.

47. holdmeclosertinydanson
    11:22 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

@WhiteCastleSliders

You have a unique approach to rehab Mr. Sheen.

48. It
    11:28 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

46) wow you must be so cool and all powerful to have your way with the coaches of UK like that. I have an idea for you. Why don’t you hire the next coach since so many people listen to you. Or even better, how bout you run your ass right out of town.

49. munce
    11:31 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Has anyone heard how Miller is?

50. Viren
    11:39 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

Cats lost 2 games in the SEC last year so every team was UK’s [email protected] last season except South Carolina and Tennessee who did not get season swept by Cats. I also remember Bill Self lost some games on his first couple of season but now he has asserted himself. I mean give Cal at least 3 season to establish bringing in top talent and mix with talent that will hang around so he does not have to start fresh. Let’s face it the freshman’s are not hurting right now more than the upperclassmen not showing up every game. Kentucky will surprise alot of teams in the SEC and NCAA Tournament. Reason #1 Kentucky will have one thing in mind REVENGE that will fuel their fire. Let’s not give up on these Cats or they might give up on the season. NCAA Tournament is still within reach and depending on the seeding we could make a run. And if we do not then there is always next year which is another #1 class suiting up for Cal’s Cats 3.0.

51. Nodef
    11:39 pm February 12, 2011 Permalink

#47. Vandy did shoot 87% from free throw line. We do always seem to bring the best out in teams.. They are 74% on the year.

52. el hombre juan
    12:04 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

#24 – when the “aliens” come, dont trust them. they are part of The Great Deception. pole shift coming. watch out. trust in God and do not be decieved.

-the juan man

53. Guest
    12:06 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

All of ya’ll on here suck. I believe the majority of you complaining on here are just complete idiots. Just dont support the team you ungrateful. This is just retarded to read these comments after all of ya’ll are praising Calipari because we are losing close road games with this team you want to talk about Cal won’t be here for long, ya’ll are so stupid and disgraceful to being a fan of Kentucky.

54. sunnycat
    12:09 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

46 And who do you suggest they hire? DUMBASS

55. sunnycat
    12:11 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

There is no coach in the country I would trade for CAL……….NOBODY

56. IL Cat Fan
    12:15 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

I completely disagree with Mr. Matthew Hays’ reasoning that poor perimeter defense by UK was the killer. In fact, I will say this is one of the better performances by UK on either end of the court. Vandy shot the lights out and the officiating was as bad as I have seen in quite some time. Liggins getting a technical? Who the hell was the idiot who t-ed him up? Everybody on the court was mouthing at everybody. To that idiot official: let the players decide the outcome of a game like that. Keep your pride to yourself!

57. Tyrone Biggums
    12:15 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

Some of you guys are nuts… I have never seen a 2nd year coach get it this bad. Tubby went down hill every season after getting the title. Cal came in with a monster class… in his first season. Lost FIVE players to the draft.. awesome. Comes back with 3 allstar freshman and has 2 of them break Rex Chapman’s record in Feb. Next season could be Cal’s season to win a title. If the fans were this passionate about football maybe we could get the funds to have some nice facilities.

58. J hood
    12:25 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

just another great article from the “anti cracker” site. im sure its just a coincidence all 4 of your points are a slam against “unathletic white teams” that spanked your athletic 5 stars! please let byu play uk in the tourny and let me find you for that bet!! a layup counts 2 points, just like a dunk!

59. SanDiegoDave
    12:35 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

UK had better win four games of its last six. Otherwise, the NIT is calling. Ugh!!!

60. That Dude
    12:37 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

55 Rick Pitino

61. Catsincebirth
    1:12 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

The filthy pigeon fans are out tonight…Enjoy your overrated Big East..UK will be fine.

62. Viren
    1:20 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

Give Cal a rest NCAA pretty much decided our season when they ruled Enes Kanter ineligible so Emmert can get his revenge on Cal. Next years recruiting class is very good and few holdover from this year and we will have plenty of depth to go deep into the NCAA Tournament. We are still on track to getting to NCAA tournament with 3 freshman’s and practically zero backcourt I am do you guys really think Harellson would have seen the floor with Enes Kanter. With what we have right now and always playing one of the toughest schedule we can still salvage the season with post season birth. Remember this is the same team that beat Washington, Notre Dame, and Louisville and lost some very close games so don’t count them out just yet. We have fared well on the neutral site games. NCAA and SEC tourney is played on the neutral floor. I also think teams just have played their @sses off against the Cats. Vandy hits 11 treys and barely squeezed by us on their own floor. Ceiling is still very high on these Cats and may start peeking at the right time. Oh how sweet it will be to see them roll through SEC Tournament. :-] I am an optimist! But numbers do not lie and ball might start bouncing Kentucky’s ways heck we had plenty of bad luck thus far into the season. If yin and yan is true then with all these bad luck good luck has to be on the horizon.

63. zach
    2:10 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

well said #63. since when did uk have so many fair weather fans? This team is fine. its not like we are losing big on the road. we have been in every game on the road we just cant close. the ncaa tourney is played on neutral courts and we all know UK fans travel better than any team in the nation. it will be just like a home game and we all know how uk plays at home. lets just play for a top 4 seed, no pressure or expectations on us to go far, and we will take the nation by storm come march. GO CATS!! and for all you poeple out there calling for CAL to be fired eat shit and kill yourselves,
    signed, the world

64. tdogg4033011
    2:21 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

56) I hear ya …… I wouldn’t either. He hasn’t even been here 2 full seasons & some
    of these idiots are complaining about his roster. What exactly would make some of you so
    called UK fans happy?? Cal totally cleaned up a Billy G mess in less than a year. Instead
    of complaining …. how bout supporting these young men & lets see if they can make a run
    come March. Talent is there w/o a doubt, just need a few pieces to fall into place.

65. TheGuyPitinoForgotToPayToGetFreshFishAtPorchinis
    2:41 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

We still have a meeting with these chumps in Rupp

Go Blue!

66. bluebarnes
    4:02 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

Digger Phelps is the most embarassing thing about being Catholic. From his ugly attire to his personality. You see this guy setting at the desk and before he ever open up his mouth you just now how dumb this guy is.

67. Rev Run
    5:04 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

Okay… so the ball is inbounded to #44-Taylor who isnt the best free throw shooter on the team. Deandre, who I remind u has 4 fouls, tries to go for a steal that he clearly cannot get nor should have tried to, and allows him to pass the ball to the best free throw shooter on the team. Crucial point in the game. Selfish?

68. TURKISH_prison_blues..letters_home.vol1
    5:05 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

Man yall are great at gettin devastating photos, why dont you just throw in kanter too…. Heres advice, start talking about the SEC tournament and what we have to do to get better in 6 games rather then talk about how crappy we are on the road, why don’t wanna you ass clowns break down the next 6 games with some real good home work of our opponents strategys, im tired of obviousnessess, Get off ya ass like Jones n Frnklin n start makin some noise you clowns, all round town make some noise all round town, make some noise. Miller!!!!!! Your jumper is a little flat, thats why you passed up that shot I know you can still drill but when you miss you miss hard. get arc,you get range. Liggins you have to learn when to bust a 3 in somebodys mouth, and when to go to rack in some bodys mouth, TRY TO DUNK IT WHEN YOU DRIVE!!!!!! please just once when you beat some one on with your quick first step to take off and JAMMIT. Miller tried that one time against Washington and he ended up hanging on the rim an trying to tip it and almost got a technical. BOYS, you have to stop expecting things to happen, teams will not give you the game….you have to not only play well for 40 minutes!! but you have to focus for 40 minutes. when we get the lead…like against vandy you got to continue to guard JENKINS
    WHAT DO THE CATS EXPECT? What do they expect? Why do they expect people to miss, still I know they are young but they have seen people on fire, and won (Notre Dames Hansborough) Kimbo Walker is the only play to kill them and that was so long ago why havent they got better? cause miller and liggins are so wishy washy? When they play good Harrelson plays good. Why can’t Harrelson play offense????? this team is a unit 6 like a school of fish or ducks or something so why cant harrelson play offense i know his moves are limited let him shoot. I only say that cause I dont think Miller and Liggins will be able to make the big plays late in the year, and that makes me sad cause I thought they could after I saw them play Louisville. Jones takes to long to release a 3 for a college player, his shot looks a little different every time, make em star from 17 feet out instead of 22 and let harrelson start at the top of the key, and let em shoot. I bet he can hit more then Hood, or Liggins when hes not on fire. Also, Harrelson will make the EXTRA PASS, and most likely get the rebound if his team mate misses. Boys carpe di um or something…. Seize the Day…. Seize the possession, It hurts me to see a more talented group of kids get beat, your coach has set you up to win games, Have fun It’s tough and its hard and also its fun but some times on the road you got to be the Super Villain. You have to rip a teams guts out right in front of their fans and enjoy it… and enjoy it, but not yell at refs and get techs cough cough liggins. but just win Just Win Make the right choice to win and thats it. Get rid of Egos and regrets and just win and focus on the choice you will have to make the fastest. Keep Working Hard Test yourselves as much as you can in the next month… with puzzles or studying or chess…. try to be the absolute best at it,,, so much that it hurts. and I mean that.

69. bigbill992001
    7:38 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

Careful what you wish for. Jimmer might light us up worse than Jenkins.

70. kentuckyjoe
    8:25 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

I’m so proud of our team and the effort they put out. They left it all on the floor. We have to realize that there are good teams everywhere; all capable of winning. It’s a shot here, a shot there, a missed or made free throw that decides a game and all of these things can’t always be in our favor. I wouldn’t switch our guys for any others. And I like our chances going forward.

71. KY Realist
    8:42 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

71) Typical hick response.

72. SexnNursinHomes
    8:47 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

72- we might be having an up and down year, but at least we know how to beat louisville in sports. i know it sucks for you, but hey, it’s what UK does, we beat lousiville in sports. I hope when you die and go off to rick pitino hell(baby killer), that in your new life the lousiville cardinals are #1. but right now, 2011, UK beats lousiville in sports.

73. Need some reporting here
    8:49 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

According to another site, Miller will likely miss at least a couple games.

74. Ky Realist
    8:50 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

73) You should hang a banner for beating a depleted uofl team. Lord knows it’s the only banner that will stick for a Cal coached squad.

75. markp
    8:55 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

75, pure ignorant comment! Cal is doing a good job with a depleted squad. This team may be dangerous in March.

76. SexnNursinHomes
    8:56 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

75- hahaha, you use the word “depleted” to justify any defeats ul gets this year. when ul wins you say pitino is the best. it’s bullshit.. say what you want. UK beats ul in sports. So you can come here and display your anti-UK sentiments, but the truth remains, UK beats losuiville in sports. The sooner you accept the truth the better. Alcoholics have to do it in AA. Accept the truth. UK beats ul in sports.

77. John Lieber
    9:04 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

WTF? Is this KSR or Ohio sports radio?

78. bung
    9:06 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

The unforgettables were our instate leftovers that couldnt/didnt play until all the “Stars” bailed on us. Play Hood and Polson. Start tryin to run more and score 100 at least until we find a halfcourt game. Ashley Judd rules…..

79. barn
    9:06 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

anyone know the status of miller’s injury?

80. bung
    9:08 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

If Miller is hurt I bet Hood still doesnt get to play more than 3 minutes

81. mike
    9:17 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

All the negative is not UK fans, they are just trying to push your buttons, if you never responed to any of them, they would just fade away.

82. NonRetard
    9:21 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

75) you are obviously a UofL fan that trolls here in between hammering in your welfare checks. UK lost 5 to the NBA draft. Cal IS building a program but 5 cornerstones just got pulled out from under him (when Cal expected 1-3 leaving). If you take ANY 2 players that left and add them into this team. (say bledsoe and ortan) We’d be amazing. When all that talent left he had to resort to plan C, D. You don’t know how recruiting works, you can’t come late on a recruit and expect to get him regardless of your need for a big man, unless he’s a juco that no one else wants. Generally you do want a balanced class but when you have a chance to have ppat, ortan, harrellson and a chance to have kanter (which others DID recruit) or a combination of any of those you don’t exactly try to recruit over them. We will be fine.

83. No Worries At All
    9:24 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

Hard to beat ANY team when they shoot 11-20 from 3. Sad thing is, every freaking team we play on the road has been shooting like that, expect for South Carolina — and looked what happened there. This season is just a little sour medicine to take before next year’s squad is unleashed on the rest of the world.

84. CatFan4444
    9:26 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

Bottom line is Liggins didn’t live up to the defensive master that he is talked up about. Jenkins got way too many wide open looks at the basket and couldn’t figure out what Vandy was doing to get him so open. Shut down some of those damn threes and we win the game. We got to have a center next year. We can’t win with 5 or 6 guys every year plus it’s not a good plan. No reason the Univ of Ky should be so depelted of players like this. I know 5 NBA pros but you got to have a decent bench in the waiting. This bench isn’t UK standards.

85. KENTUCKY BBALL STUD
    9:27 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

WHERE WAS ENES TONIGHT? WAS HE “STUDYING” IN LEXINGTON AGAIN?

86. barn
    9:35 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

-83-we actually lost 9 players from last year. how much better do you think we would be if we just had ramon harris or perry stevenson on this team. also krebs and dodson (who was supposed to be back) contributed.

87. ENEScent
    9:36 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

Boogie not able to take team plane back to Sacramento after confrontation. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6118009

88. bung
    9:37 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

One of those nights again and again and again

89. Roll Tide
    9:41 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

Have you guys forgot Tubby Ball and Billy G ? Who would have thought that the NCAA would come down so hard on Enes. Next year will be great.

90. Old School sux
    9:47 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

Old School you have the same old rhetoric time after time. Can you not come up with a another thought. Since your so smart and know everything, who do you want as coach. It’s funny you only show up when UK loses. You’re such a tool. And your wrong regarding other fans starting to think like you, they’re not becoming that ignorant.

91. goawaytroll
    9:48 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

(43 What Cal meant by that is a kid being drafted is for him a ncaa championship is for him and the fans so now who is selfish?

92. goawaytroll
    9:49 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

meant championship for cal

93. bung
    9:50 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

I like Cal….but we shouldnt be going down the wire against everybody, win or lose. We play lazy uninspired ball.

94. goawaytroll
    9:52 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

meant being drafted is for the kid championship is for cal and fans

95. bung
    9:55 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

I think old school just wants the Wildcats to win.

96. bung
    9:57 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

96) to the wire

97. Role Reversal????
    10:02 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

There’s a university that’s winning games against TOP 20 teams with a not one NBA player. They’re ranked higher than UK. No High School Superstars. They’re led by a SENIOR Winchester, KENTUCKY player and a LEAPING CAUCASION from southern Indiana who just dropped in 51 points in back to back game against ranked BE teams. No ONE’N’Doners… No “LOOK AT ME NBA” players. They have 2010 Mr. KENTUCKY Basketball playing for them, they have 2011 Mr.KENTUCKY Basketball signed for next year. No-Names playing for the name on the FRONT OF THE JERSEY. Does this ring a bell with ANYONE???? (hint…this university isn’t UK…but used to be).

98. CatFan4444
    10:07 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

101 we know Louisville..blablabla

99. parvenu1
    10:08 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

KY Realist-how much thought do you put into your posts? You are a bit of a fool to say the least. Suggestion: Go back to your hovel and work on the grade school reading primer you couldn’t get through originally. Your classmates have left you in the dust.

100. bung
    10:12 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

test

101. Dan
    10:13 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

Beat BYU? Are you kidding? Everytime we play against a 2 guard who can remotely ball… they drop 30 on us. Easy win for BYU IMHO

102. jimmy dykes
    10:17 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

101….tell me and i’ll drive it home again and again!!!!

103. It
    10:19 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

93) You called it man. I think Old school may be a virus programed to spew the same line about Cal every few hours.

For all you guys bashing Cal….we are having a decent season for the players we have. Look at MSU and KState. They are loaded and picked to be in the final four. All the talking heads were loving them at the beginning of the season. Now they will be lucky to make the tourney. We will get better and better under Cal.

Name one team right now playing great after loosing as many players as UK did this year. I defend Cal and UK because they deserve support not whining, bitching and crying from a bunch of off and on dumb asses.

104. 2020
    10:19 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

BYU? Heck, there isn’t a team in the nation that UK couldn’t beat on a neutral court. Not sure why fans are so short-sighted on a 5-5 SEC record. It’s all about March. It’s all about championship banners at UK. Even after the Vandy loss, we will still be Top 20 in both polls and the RPI with neutral/road wins vs Notre Dame, Louisville, and Washington (all likely 1-4 seeds). No one will want to face us in March on a neutral court.

105. tom9698
    10:37 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

For now on,i’m going to start looking at who the poster is before i read their comments.This goes for old school and ky realist, 2 of the biggest dipshits on this site.GBB

106. Matt Jones
    10:43 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

I’m bringing a big salt shaker for the show on Monday. I’ve got a lot of CROW to eat as we review “that really bad” Louisville team after they beat the #12 rated team in the nation Satureday and taking #8 ND at home to an overtime loss while “#1 NCAA tourney seed” (snicker) Kentucky loses thier 5th in the (admittedly weak) SEC. I’m pathetic…Pass the tenderizer too, this CROW IS CHEWY!! hahahahahahahaaaa!!!!

107. barn
    10:55 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

-112-we may be losing in the weak sec but we’re 2 of 3 against the ultimate bE, both wins in duhvill

108. bung
    11:07 am February 13, 2011 Permalink

Hoods good. He got one pass at the ankles that he dug out and kept our dibble dive motionless offense going.

109. RealTalk
    11:09 am February 14, 2011 Permalink

I love Matthew Hays and his articles. No shame in posting this completely inappropriate comment because it is Valentine’s Day and thereby allowed. No, I’m not just allowed, it is my duty. 143