Today was Cal’s most lopsided loss since returning to college basketball

You know Jerry Tipton was going to bring it in after today’s 30-point loss. The good doctor lets us know that today was John Calipari’s most lopsided loss since returning to college basketball at Memphis in 2000.

Ouch.

18 Comments for Today was Cal’s most lopsided loss since returning to college basketball

1. bluecreeker
    3:47 pm February 16, 2013 Permalink

I believe this might be the worst loss since Kansas beat UK 150-95 back in 89.

2. BluegrassResiliency
    3:49 pm February 16, 2013 Permalink

That face says it all. Cal needs a tall glass of Pappy and a pit to burn that game tape in…

3. UK96
    3:51 pm February 16, 2013 Permalink

#2…I wouldn’t burn it…I would make everyone of them watch it individually with themselves highlighted…ugh

4. uk4774
    3:52 pm February 16, 2013 Permalink

cal has totaly lost this team. whatever he is trying to do with harrow poythress and godwin is not working. looks like the nit.

5. Next subject
    3:52 pm February 16, 2013 Permalink

Can we get a football recruiting update or a UK baseball preview or a women’s basketball preview or a UK rifle update or a UK tennis story. Thank goodness we are not a 1 sport school

6. Will
    3:53 pm February 16, 2013 Permalink

UK lost by 41 to Vandy when Gillispie was coach.

7. Skeps
    3:53 pm February 16, 2013 Permalink

To beat a Cal coached team, just put all 5 of your guys in the paint. You win.

8. Brink
    3:54 pm February 16, 2013 Permalink

I’m not saying that a well officiated game would have changed the outcome. But they did set the tone of the game early. I do want to know how many of the losses that Cal has at UK, came at the hands of Doug shows. That dude hates cal and UK.

9. The champ
    3:54 pm February 16, 2013 Permalink

That’s was awful. How about someone on the team start playing with some guts.

10. Pnic
    3:56 pm February 16, 2013 Permalink

The “Uncoachables”

11. Coach Cal
    4:02 pm February 16, 2013 Permalink

Tonight I’ll be saying at Two Keys, “Robic is taking the fifth most shots”

12. uk4774
    4:09 pm February 16, 2013 Permalink

think we need to try something other than they are not playing hard enough. agree the officiating was aweful. between not working hard enough and the officialsm we still suffer a beat down. what do we need to do?/

13. butteredup
    4:14 pm February 16, 2013 Permalink

For once, Tipton told it just like it was. Facts usually play a small part in his observations.

14. BluegrassResiliency
    4:24 pm February 16, 2013 Permalink

#3 Fair enough, but Cal just agreed with me at the post-game. I’d still be happy if Cal keeps the Pappy, keeps the tape, puts D. Shows in the pit, and lets Tipton watch the tape with the players saying “told you so” the whole time.

15. Wildcatsteeler
    5:06 pm February 16, 2013 Permalink

It’s gonna get worse. We still have a couple of good teams left to play.

16. bob
    7:20 pm February 16, 2013 Permalink

The ugly truth here is Cal has not lost this team…. He never had them. They haven’t played 3 good games this year and only one where they played good in both halves. They were pathetic today and if anyone does not like what I say is just in denial. Cal didn’t forget how to coach, he has guys that can’t be coached. Simple as that. Archie Goodwin does whatever he wants and is totally out of control at all times. Poythress is soft as a baby’s behind and WCS at 7 feet tall got 2 rebounds. Polson had twice as many rebounds as WCS. So if they want to call anyone who criticizes them fake fans then so be it. I will never complain about a loss when the cats give us 100%. They didn’t give 50 percent today. Maybe the worst effort I have seen in 40 years. They don’t play with any heart. We got beat to every single 50 50 ball and we had a total of 9 defensive rebounds. YEP 9….. Nerlens gets that many by himself. So I hope your egos got bruised today CATS and you get out there and bust some azz next time out. I don’t care if you lose, just give me the effort.

17. JeffC
    7:19 am February 17, 2013 Permalink

These guys came to UK to be coached by Cal to learn the game, be pushed to be the best, win championships, & get to the NBA. In the past not all players listened to Cal at first but when they did their game changed for the better!

We need Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Knight, Davis, Jorts, etc to talk with this group of players , not a team yet, to focus on listening to Cal and more importantly learn to trust each other and play like UK Wildcats play!

18. Billy Grant
    12:46 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

==== I feel your pain Coach Cal ……

You’ve got players with no heart ….. no PRIDE, they’re kinda like a TIMEX, ….. they’ll take a lickin’ & comeback for ANOTHER lickin’ !!!!

When you recruited these fruitflies, you couldn’t tell if they had a big VALENTINE in their chest ….. you didn’t KNOW they would turn a deaf ear to your instruction …..

Now, …. if we’re gonna lose by thirty plus points try HOOD AND POLSON more …. Wiltjer and Mayes ….. they play with a sparkplug in their motor …..

PS …….

With this great class for NEXT year ….. check their MASTER CYLINDERS, make sure they’re tuned up and tuned in to what YOU demand …..

Good luck coach … you’re gonna need some GRECIAN FORMULA after this campaign !!!

====