Time To Get Your Vote ON!!!

ewrwe

After seeing lots of videos (and there are more to come), it is now time to VOTE in the KSTV Casting Call. Your votes will produce the majority of 15 Semi-finalists (the judges have a few wildcards) to move to the next round. And thus it is up to you to pick who should be the people to become the future co-hosts/reporters for KSTV. This voting round sees the candidates divided into groups based on their type of audition. Our Lexington, Louisville and on-line finalists are all competing separately and thus you can vote for one Lexington, Louisville and on-line finalist if you have a Facebook account. We will highlight each group over the next three days and begin today with the Lexington finalists.

Those that came to Lexington were entering a brave new frontier. They had no idea how the competition would be conducted and what questions would be answered, but many still performed admirably. You can see all 22 Lexington FINALISTS AND VOTE HERE. However if you arent able to watch all 22 videos (and we encourage you to do so), some on the KSR staff not involved with the show were polled to determine who they thought were the top 10. I agree with some of the selections and dispute others, but here is the KSR Top 10 poll after the first round, with links to their tryouts:

1. Avery Browder: From Bowling Green, Avery has a smooth style and may be the best overall candidate early on in my personal view.

2. Caroline Hall: As a Kentucky native and former Ole Miss student, Caroline has a lot of potential to do very well in this industry. She is feisty, and in my view her best days are still to come.

3. Casey Hincheliffe: While we gave him a hard time for his “Furman” look, Casey nailed the audition and knows his UK stuff backwards and forwards.

4. Hays Cannon: The most polished of all the Lexington entries, he has the ultimate “frat boy ready to be on tv” look in the contest.

5. William Washington: The former UK football player (for 2 weeks) had a good knowledge level and seemed ready to be on the KSTV set. He will need votes however to move on.

6. Chase Lilly: While Will ragged on his shirt, Chase was very likable and has a strong online following already in the contest.

7. Jenna King: She didnt know her Kentucky stuff as well as she needs to, but the current Miss Teen Mississippi has a television look and a likable personality.

8. Jimmy Drake: I will be honest, I really liked Jimmy. Maybe it was his laid back style or the fact that he seems like a guy we all know, I cant help but pull for him in this thing.

9. Josh Corman: The teacher with the poor wardrobe has a good knowledge level, but will have to step up the energy if he actually arrives on KSTV for the next round.

10. Sam Moore: You have to love Sam’s story. Blind and listening through the voice of Tom Leach, he is a huge UK fan and loves KSR/the Cats.

So those are the KSR top 10 from Lexington. You can pick any of them or one of the other contenders from the Voting page below. You get to cast one ballot per Facebook account, so make it stick. And if you dont have Facebook, below are the videos of the top 2 contenders in the KSR poll. I encourage you to watch all of the contenders to see what the contest is about and how great everyone involved did in their tryouts. Good luck to all:

VOTE FOR THE LEXINGTON WINNERS HERE

Article written by Matt Jones

23 Comments for Time To Get Your Vote ON!!!

1. cardsfan
    9:50 pm June 13, 2011 Permalink

When will the online submissions be voted on? Is through facebook the only way to do it. I dont have facebook.

2. tdogg4033011
    9:52 pm June 13, 2011 Permalink

1) I was gettin ready to say the same thing …. no facebook here either

3. Matt Jones
    10:08 pm June 13, 2011 Permalink

Gotta vote through Facebook…just sign up for a quick account

4. Brian
    10:10 pm June 13, 2011 Permalink

Wow…. poor Kyrie Irving… LOL

5. dennis/jason the caller
    10:11 pm June 13, 2011 Permalink

I still want to co-host your radio show.

BTW, The hotdog skit is brutal the 2nd time around.

6. Kevin Galloway
    10:39 pm June 13, 2011 Permalink

This top 10 is wiggity whack.

The sole reason that (7) Jenna King even got voted through is because she is an attractive female. UK knowledge = zilch.

7. Dirk Nowitizki
    10:40 pm June 13, 2011 Permalink

obviously Caroline has some more true blue studying to do. We have a great practice facility, which she said was in need of an upgrade. She also said that Rupp needs to be refurnished,and did not agree with the upgrade to getting suites, to bring in that money so we can put the boosters in the suites, and the students on the ground and out of the erruption zone.

8. dood
    10:53 pm June 13, 2011 Permalink

Gotta vote for Jimmy, he’s incredibly talented. Proof. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZSDkJPq_xQ

9. blackman
    10:54 pm June 13, 2011 Permalink

I live Avery. Add some diversity to the crew and really seems to know his stuff. Also, great voice.

10. Thomas Beisner
    10:54 pm June 13, 2011 Permalink

You can drink a Boost for breakfast, an Ensure for dizzert, if you go for pancakes, Avery just sips the sizzurp.

11. Nashville Cat
    11:30 pm June 13, 2011 Permalink

Matt Ellis should be in the top ten. Check out his video and go vote!

12. AJ Stewart
    12:35 am June 14, 2011 Permalink

7 – I agree. I really didn’t think she was good at all. She obviously doesn’t know anything about the practice facilities and Jenna King is AWFUL as well.

13. CaliUKFan
    7:27 am June 14, 2011 Permalink

Perhaps allow voting at KSR or cn2 for the final as some people don’t use facebook.

Even though it won’t count, I’d say Avery and Will Chambers as the top 2.

14. tdr76
    7:35 am June 14, 2011 Permalink

This guy is very good, the young lady not so good, sorry.

15. bush league
    8:25 am June 14, 2011 Permalink

this top 10 is way off – vote for MATT ELLIS in the lexington finalists

16. Laker Cat 18
    9:22 am June 14, 2011 Permalink

Kanye’s pretty good at this.

17. RichieFarmersMustache
    9:27 am June 14, 2011 Permalink

I’ve known Sam Moore since he was a small boy. He’s the cousin of my best friend and a wonderful young man. He comes from a long line of Kentucky fans (I’m looking at you David)and knows his UK basketball. This guy is one in a million. I’m proud that he is following a dream.

18. Dead Money Dempsey
    10:12 am June 14, 2011 Permalink

I voted for err body else except http://apps.facebook.com/kstvcastingcall/contests/124266/voteable_entr ies/23312228?ogn=facebook (Weak Ellis). It should be me with the mic on the big screen.

19. The Jenkins
    10:23 am June 14, 2011 Permalink

#2 has no idea what she is talking about. Casey easily had the most informative answer of all the contestants.

20. lnm612
    11:54 am June 14, 2011 Permalink

Casey had the most intelligent comments and great points to back himself up. Would make the debates interesting with his strong opinions. Definitely has my vote.

21. #Whoisthat
    4:41 pm June 14, 2011 Permalink

Surely Will Washington has to be one of the top people in this contest the dude is rough around the edges but is very good.

22. Fake Mike Decourcey
    5:17 pm June 14, 2011 Permalink

Can’t believe I didn’t make the top 10 in LEXINGTON! I thought Will would pull me through. Maybe it’s because I look like a sports WRITER, I have a face for radio.

Vote Mike Everette

23. Lu
    10:28 pm June 14, 2011 Permalink

I’m sorry but the two female candidates are just…ugh. I’m sure they are wonderful ladies, but I think they’re there because they look good on camera. Poor Jenna isn’t even FROM Kentucky (As she references in her first few seconds, while not really providing any content). I know there are more knowledgeable women out there who didn’t apply for the contest, and it’s a shame. 🙁