Time to Get Ready for UK vs. UofL

I know it’s only the 22nd, but if you saw this commercial on ESPN2 during the game last night, you surely were sufficiently inspired to realize that it’s time to start mentally and physically preparing for the rivalry game on New Year’s Eve.  The Cats play two games before this epic showdown at Rupp (tomorrow vs. Loyola MD and next Wednesday vs. Lamar).  While the team isn’t allowed to overlook games, that doesn’t preclude us fans from thinking ahead.

As you can see from this CN2 promo video (starring your’s truly in my television debut, except for that deep voice), face painting is one obvious way to go.  If you’re going to the game, donning the most outrageous get-up may necessitate a solid coat of blue and white.  Even if you’re sitting at home, over-the-top outfits are fine in my book.  The game airs on CBS at noon, so a little pre-gaming action would take an early morning effort.  But that fact that the game is on CBS means that the fans at the game need to be going crazy the entire time, and I’m sure they will be.

So start doing your push-ups if you plan to go shirtless.  Create your best signs.  If you want to prepare for the game like Pitino, cheat on your wife the night before at an Italian restaurant.  If you want to prepare like Chane Behanan, get a “Kentucky’s Finest” tattoo on your chest.  Because that’s what the Cats are, and they’ll prove it on NYE.  We’ll be able to shut those Louisville fans up for at least one day with this game (hopefully).  Get your lungs ready for an afternoon full of screaming and cheering.

So, tell us – what are your plans for the big game?

Article written by Chris Thomas

29 Comments for Time to Get Ready for UK vs. UofL

1. Mark
    6:08 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

I watched Loserville play this year and they are just like their coach, VERY quick to shoot. I also think we need to push the tempo and score on 15 second intervals, much like Loserville’s coach.

2. Dane Brammage
    6:38 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

Um, today is the 21st; not the 22nd. That’s tomorrow.

3. Computer Blue
    6:52 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

That face paint is not UK blue.

4. What computer blue said
    6:53 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

That’s not UK blue.

5. Mark
    7:02 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

Loserville has played 1 game on the road this entire year!! And that game was @ Butler, who sucks this year. Pitino’s cupcake schedule is a JOKE!! LMAO

6. BlueBlood
    7:07 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

Cats by 15

7. breakfastofchampions
    7:13 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

I plan to watch (in full HD for a change) our brand-new 13th man emerge from his funk and take it ALL out on the over-matched Loooosers.
    Cats go Wild and win by two touchdowns.

8. SexnNursinHomes
    7:25 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

One last win. Let’s hope the Mayans were UK fans. I would to go to the grave with bragging rights.

9. Rich
    8:08 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

#2 UK after the win against Louisville will be 13-1. What’s the big deal? UofL isnt a bad team. They r pretty good IMO. Say what you will abt Pitinos extracurricular activities but he can still coach.

10. Eddie C.
    8:39 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

I cant wait for blue douche fan to get into full smack talk mode. This slap down will be epic and UK fan will start agreeing with Cow that the real important thing for Kentucky Basketball is how many players go in the first round not wins, losses or banners. At least untill Cow runs off with a pro team and UK is back on probation. lol…

11. CoomCat
    8:43 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

What behind calling ul otis?

12. What My Dad Said After That Commercial
    9:02 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

“That just made my butthole pucker a little bit”

13. SEXtinoisSatan
    9:16 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

uavel goes down by 40….West Enders jump off closed bridge….. uavel struggles in the mid major known as the bigLEAST…..SEXtino makes up for poor coaching by banging skanks on coffe tables LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

14. nassau65
    9:45 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

can’t wait to see TJ and Davis shut down Chane Bennie-han. Oh wait, they’re goin undefeated and winning the whole thing right? period, right? Bennie-han, meet Blue Fear.

15. Me
    9:56 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

1) Cal and the CATS beat uofl and pitino, AGAIN.
    2) uofl fans get frustrated with the continued ‘little brotherdness’ and begin calling for pitino’s head.
    3) uofl and pitino continue to lose games and drop out of the top 25 by tourney time.
    4) uofl gets a 6-8 seed in the tourney.
    5) uofl doesn’t make it past first weekend of tourney, AGAIN.
    6) uofl fans raise their level of frustration on every form of media available.
    7) tommy turtleneck emphasizes his full support of pitino.
    8) UK wins the National Championship
    9) uofl fans heads explode.
    10) pitino retires

16. NYCNYE
    9:58 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

Jack Demsey’s NYC. Can’t Wait!

17. Question
    10:02 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

What is it that is going on the 28th they speak of?

18. Question
    10:02 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

whoops 29th..

19. Geno'sCats
    10:05 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

I rather win first and then mouth off!

20. Ncaa
    10:09 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

Yawn
    Uk 98
    Ul 56

Tj 56 pts

Mr swrump or what ever: loser

21. Bigcat4453
    10:46 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

I don’t understand why the comments in this column don’t show up..

22. Paschal
    11:03 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

All bullshitting aside, Silva is Louisville’s playmaker and PTP’er, Teague consistently is the Cats weakest link, and his missed jump shots and turnover problems will be the downfall of Kentucky this year. I bleed blue, however I’m also a realist. He MUST get his act together for us to beat teams with legit PG’s and for UK to make a deep run in March. The game will be epic, and UK will pull out the W in RUPP 78-73. MKG will be the key to the game, as he shuts down Kuric and scores 20, and adds 10 boards. GO BIG BLUE!

23. Ciggy
    11:06 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

I think we will win by 10-12, but for some reason this game scares the crap out of me. The couple games i’ve watched UL play, they look horrible, but that’s pretty much the norm.

24. lpool003
    11:37 pm December 21, 2011 Permalink

25. I have to agree with you about the outcome but disagree in the details. First of all, Gilchrist will be guarding Siva, just like he guarded Marshall in the UNC game and Hulls in the Indiana game. Secondly, Terrence Jones is going to be the key to the game. While I believe we have an advantage in talent and size at just about every position, I think the difference is greatest at PF. Behannan simply will not be able to guard Jones if Jones shows up to play. I don’t really know what you are expecting from Teague either. He was our best player in the second half against IU and he has played very well lately dishing out 18 assists and committing only 8 turnovers in the past 3 games while averaging 11 points per game for the season. I think he can still improve but he has become better and better in every game he has played in. I see a 15 point win for UK when all is said and done. If UofL plays poorly on the road however, it could get really ugly.

25. Transy Clay
    9:15 am December 22, 2011 Permalink

I will be getting off work at Noon that Saturday in Ashland, KY. I will begin my drive on US 23 at a prompt speed of 75 MPH. Merge onto to 64 West and increase said speed to between 85-90 hoping to reach the the city of Blue and Bourbon. Arrive downtown and enter The Horse and Barrell, Chase Tap Room, Cheapside, Wildcat Saloon, Yesterday’s or even the Green Latern and buy everyone sitting at the bar a cold refreshing Coor’s Light.

26. Jaws2
    9:23 am December 22, 2011 Permalink

If the game is called the way it should be, Siva & Smith will be out of the game by the middle of the 1st half. These guys constantly hack and push but get away with it in the bucket. If Kurick? gets a call every time someone breathes on him and he flails his arms like he was shot, we’ll have guys fouled out by halftime. They have no answer for Lamb, Davis, or Miller. If these 3 have ‘normal’ games, Cats will win going away.

27. Jaws2
    9:29 am December 22, 2011 Permalink

Why is it every time I post, it NEVER shows the first time? I think I’ll start copying what I’m going to post, submit it, then just paste it the second time and submit again. That’s pretty efficient KSR don’t you think?

28. Jaws2
    9:30 am December 22, 2011 Permalink

Well, that didn’t work! Guess I’ll try again.

29. Bud Weiser
    4:34 pm December 22, 2011 Permalink

28, Coors Lite is for girly-boys.