–Injury Report: OG Zach West practiced some today and says that he will play Saturday. Joker seemed iffy about him but the Sophomore is determined to be on the field. The entire secondary will travel with the team, but some of them will be a game time decision. Tay Neloms has been a little sick along with battling his injury, Cartier Rice suffered a little set back on his hamstring today, but Mikie Benton has seen snaps in practice and will probably see the field.
– Reiterating what Rashawn has reported throughout the week: expect Towles and Whitlow to rotate like they did during the Miss State game between series. The only difference between now and then, is that now both QBs know more of the offense. The coaches have less limitations and will not have to build specific packages for each QB like they did against the Bulldogs.
– The running game last Saturday made dramatic improvements with Joker Phillips saying, “It all starts up front.” The offensive line set the tone early and they were able to stick with the running game longer than previous games because they were not forced to pass in order to make up a deficit.
– Saturday’s road trip to Columbia, MO is a first for the Wildcat Football program and for almost everyone involved in the program. Only 3 coaches have been there before, and in order for it to seem less strange the team will be paying an early visit to Memorial Stadium on Friday to get acquainted with the new venue.
Excited about getting the chance to be out on the field with the team a little next week. Hard work pays off.
– Josh Clemons (@J_Clem20) October 25, 2012
– Don’t get your hopes to high Cats fans, Clemons WILL NOT be playing Saturday. However Clemons will be dressing and traveling with the team for the first time this year. What most fans don’t know is that if the player is on the list they get $15. When Joker was asked why he hadn’t been on the dress list before, “We’re dressing him now because he wants the 15 dollars.”
– As a final thought, I’d like to extend my gratitude to KSR readers Steve and Arlene Kendrick for returning my lost puppy Jag last week. Arlene saw the little guy wandering around Nicholasville Rd. just outside of campus and was sweet enough to take him home. After posting a picture of him on KSR, it took less than 12 hours for Arlene and Steve to contact me. It makes me proud to be a member of Big Blue Nation and more importantly a citizen of this great state, to know that my neighbor will be there for me when in need. Thanks Arlene, I don’t know what you did, but he still hasn’t made a mess in the house since we got him back.