Thursday’s Football Practice Video

Head coach Joker Phillips met with the media one final time before Saturday’s game. Take a look at what Phillips and his team are working on in preparation to take on the Gators in the Swamp.

Article written by Rashawn Franklin

26 Comments for Thursday’s Football Practice Video

1. SteveM
    1:56 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Interesting to see how Jokers “preparations” pan out against Florida. I predict 52-6.

2. Um What?
    2:16 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Can someone please translate?

3. I'm sad
    2:20 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

He saddens me.

He is a very vibrant person; I can see the fire burning inside!

For the ones who need this, you know who you are: (SARCASM)

4. I Say
    2:20 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

What is the spread for the game?

5. Bevo
    2:22 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

What preparations?? Did I miss him saying anything about what they’re doing to get ready for UF? I don’t understand how someone can’t watch a press conference/interview with Joker and not realize he’s in way over his head.

6. UKGrad83
    2:35 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

#4 – Last I heard it was 25 points and betting reports have it as a top pick – if you take Florida. Vegas believes the Cats are going to get killed. I’m afraid I have to agree..

7. Adolph Rollingover
    2:37 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Bevo Says:
    September 20th, 2012 at 2:22 pm

He may be over his head, but please point to what part of the interview indicates your conclusion.

8. Don
    2:46 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

yall gotsa believes that we’s a gonna wins dis’s football game, coach joker is gon’ whupp em

9. How about.....
    2:47 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

@#7. How about when he said we didn’t get any delays…well at the beginning of overtime we were still talking and didn’t realize how much time passed. How about when he essentially said, Mobley didn’t get in because we forgot and it was a lost opportunity for the kid….

Just two off of the top of my head where the coach has no idea what’s going on in a game.

10. Don
    2:48 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Dem Florida monkeys wont know what hit em

11. How about.....
    2:50 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

@#7. Also how about when he said this Legree we haven’t seen much of him but when you do he is faster than anyone…..why haven’t we seen more of him? You make those decissions….we are losing games, we should be trying something…if you have a playmaker in your back pocket it’s time to use them….

Lost ball in high weeds.

12. Chas
    3:01 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

If we had a decent AD, he would let Joker go right now and hold a press conference outlining the future of Kentucky football with NO MORE EXCUSES!

Revenue would more than likely increase right away from attendance and there would be plenty of time to find the man (Petrino)!

Sadly, we are going to find out that Mitch is also in way over his head!

13. Adolph Rollingover
    3:02 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

So When Coach Cal says he has to find more minutes for Orton, for Harrelson, or when he says we went 0-30 from 3 point line it is illustrative of being in over his head? I agree, Joker is in over his head, but to conclude such from your position is self fullfilling. Please listen to a Dana Holgorson, Mike Leach, or Rich Rodriguez interview and tell me who sounds over their head.

14. gridiron_cat
    3:24 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

I bet Mobley will get time in Florida game.

15. DIORIO'S PIZZA
    3:25 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

WHAT??? NO Florida Hate Day???? The other two worked out REALLY well!

16. Beavis
    4:06 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

When coach Cal says something,,,,he usually knows what he is talking about. Joker sounds just like Tubby trying to explain his ball line defense.

17. How about.....
    5:38 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

@#13- I am not sure how Cal who has endless all-americans and describing a good problem to have while winning or citing a statistic from a game is the same as getting a delay of game penalty to start overtime. Not only is that embarrassing, it illustrates the total lack of awareness this coach has at game time.

He also states, “I forgot about him (Mobley)” in the interview. All we heard all preseason was these freshman running backs are good they move piles.

Finally, this isn’t about Holgorson, Leach or Rodriguez. I don’t care if they are over their heads or not. I care about my football program which is being run by a guy who continues to make statements that clearly make him look stupid.

18. Cal Lover
    5:55 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

I think we should get Pat Summit. She has proven to be one of the greatest winners of all time.

19. Blue Gray
    7:03 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

People who want Petrino make me want to puke.

20. Lexington
    7:31 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Joker sounds like a man with a plan. I am SO excited about the game Saturday… Florida is going down!

21. Beavis
    7:32 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

I agree with you number 19,,,,winning would be nice but it is not worth hiring that idiot with all the baggage. Total lack of character,,,just what Louisville’s AD likes to hire.

22. Chas
    8:42 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

19 makes me want to puke . 19 probably loved tubby and was scared ti hire Calipari. You sound like Mitch Barnhart

23. Mattman
    9:06 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

See even Joker wears black to a funeral.

24. Bevo
    9:40 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

@ Adolph…I was referring to his “preparations” this week. The only thing I heard him talking about was why this guy didn’t get more clock, or ramblings about how the no-huddle works. That was it…nothing on getting ready for UF. Some coaches have trouble with public speaking, but to me it’s painfully obvious with basically any question asked.

25. Fun in the swamp
    2:04 pm September 21, 2012 Permalink

Joker is selling swamp land. The we are young, give me another year doesn’t cut it. Where did the juniors and seniors go (besides the two smoking pot who are playing Saturday). They left or were thrown off the team. There is so much talent on this team who will never see the field and be red shirted this year. Sickening! 2-10 or 3-10 at best. Next years coach will be greatful that you red shirted kids and prepared some of his underclassmen.

26. GatorChomp
    4:35 pm September 21, 2012 Permalink

HaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! uk can’t beat a Red Blob?? And you think you have a snowball in Hells chance of coming into The Swamp and leaving with your azz???
    ROTFFLMFAO!!!