Three Reasons It’s Okay to Root for Louisville in the Final Four

KentuckyLouisvilleFinalFour

Reason One: They’re not wearing the orange jerseys this year.

I’d never tell you to root for Louisville.  I understand that the hatred runs deep.  And I know that if they win, we’re gonna get an earful.  But, at least at this point in the season, I will tell you that I think it’s at least okay if you do.  You might not understand that, and that’s fine.  You might hate me for it, and that’s fine, too.  It sucks, and I hate it, but there are at least three reasons that I wouldn’t judge you for hoping the Cards win it all.

1) Kevin Ware

KevinWare

One of the biggest stories from yesterday was Ware’s gruesome injury against Duke.  I didn’t see it, and I don’t want to see it, but by all accounts it was horrific.  When Joe Theisman tweets his sympathies, you know it’s bad.  But injuries are something that all rational fans can empathize with, and nobody wants to see a young man go down that way.  The #WinForWare campaign has taken over my Facebook and Twitter feeds, and it certainly seemed to work against Duke, as the Cards won by a ridiculous 22-point margin.  The reaction of the Louisville players, both their initial emotion and subsequent aggressive passion, was admirable and moving.  Ware is now the motivating X-Factor for this team, and it would be a really cool story if they won to make him proud.

2) Pete Thamel

“The enemy of my enemy is double my enemy, because exponents.”  Pete Thamel’s tweet, which I won’t publish because screw him, showed just how high his douche-baggery can really reach; and if there’s one thing BBN can understand, it’s dealing with this chode.  Like Splinter and the Shredder against Krang (because UK is basically just a basketball version of the Ninja Turtles), Cat and Card fans can unite on their now-mutual loathing of the Thameltoe.

Fo real doe, that guy’s ridiculous.

3) Rick Pitino’s Final Four Advice to Cal Last Year

After Anthony Davis and Co. put on a show against the Cards in NOLA last year, Rick Pitino actually said something that increased my respect for him quite a bit.  He told Cal, after losing, to “bring [the championship] home for the state.”  That level of sportsmanship is impressive, and while we give Rick Pitino a hard time for being a crazy person, I can really appreciate that sentiment.  So this year, with Kentucky out of the equation, it’s okay to return the respect that Pitino paid us last year.  So Cardinals, if somebody’s gotta win the title, you might as well bring it home for the state.  That’ll put Duke and UNC on the backburner for a while if the state of Kentucky has two rival schools win consecutive championships.

Article written by Corey Nichols

143 Comments for Three Reasons It’s Okay to Root for Louisville in the Final Four

1. The Blue Goose
    9:08 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Only reason I need to NOT root for louisville: Rick Pitino is their coach. Go Wichita State/Michigan/Syracuse.

2. Flint
    9:10 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Agreed. Bring it home to Kentucky. Then next year we’ll beat you by 30.

3. Cayts
    9:10 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Those three reasons do not trump my ingrained lifelong hatred for the dirty birds.

4. Next Year is Now
    9:10 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

WE GETTING WIGGINS AND GORDON?

5. But why
    9:10 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Rooting for Louisville because of kevin ware is the stupidest thing Ive ever heard. Didnt hear any sympathy from Louisville fans about Nerlens. Go Wichitaw

6. H.A. Milton
    9:10 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Regardless of Kevin Ware, there are four teams left and only one is a rival of Kentucky. There is no way in H-E-Double Kevin Ware’s lower leg, that I am rooting for Loserville. F That, shame on you for suggesting.

7. Smart Person
    9:10 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

It is going to be sad when Rick retires after this season.

8. Corey please
    9:10 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Son, you get dumber with every post. Just stop. Go find a hobby. Leave this shit to somebody else. Eff UL. I will NEVER cheer for them.

9. bill
    9:11 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I bet alot of UofL fans root for UK, especially last year….or not

10. JP Wilson
    9:11 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Please, I beg of you, no more UL stuff. I have seen more coverage of UL on this site than the Courier and WDRB combined. Best thing to do to your rival, pretend they don’t exsist. Stick with what you know: all things UK. Please and thank you.

11. Bob Sugar
    9:12 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

And April has its first fool

12. Haha
    9:13 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Ha I get it Corey! April Fools!!!!

13. AfghanCat
    9:19 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Please take this elsewhere. I don’t come to this site for UL updates.

14. Biglaw Dawgin'
    9:20 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I’ve been rooting for UL pretty much the entire tournament. There is not nearly as much hate for UL from UK fans outside of the state as there is from fans living inside. Living in Florida, I’m happy to meet a UL fan because I know 1) they probably speak English and 2) they like basketball. And that’s a rare combination in south florida.

15. rixter
    9:20 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Fire Corey Nichols immediately.

16. fatbluekid
    9:23 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

SCREW THIS!! The injury thng is unfortuante but I hope they get murdered in the tourney. What a HORRIBLE blog Corey! I hope this is an April Fool’s joke. I would root for Al Queda before I would root for that trash! This is a nightmare of epic proportions. Cal better win it next year. The heat is on! I am afraid now they are going to do it and that burns the Hell out of me! Screw UASMELL! Matt should delete this garbage! An embarrassment to BBN Corey!

17. rixter
    9:23 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

In all seriousness, I can think of one real reason to root for the Cards. if they win it all, and Russ averages 28 points a game thru the tournament, how can he possibly come back next year??

18. Rockfield, KY
    9:23 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Yesterday was the only day that UL fans have been tolerable. It’s an awful situation, but I still can’t cheer for them, even when I tried yesterday.

19. D
    9:23 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I’m hoping Jim Nantz catch phrase line if UL wins goes something like “the title stays in the Commonwealth”.
    Sorry haters, but keep title in state – we’ll take it back next year!

20. Learn Something New EveryDay
    9:23 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Chodes everywhere are insulted to be associated with thamel.
    Pencil D…. not so much.

21. RahRah
    9:25 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Seriously sorry about the horrific injury to Ware and hope the young man heals quickly and completely.

That said, I will not be rooting for UofL in the Final Four and you can’t make me. Geez.

22. Kristen Geil's Abs
    9:26 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

They need to make sure these kids get their calcium and vitamin D.

23. Jsmooth
    9:28 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Bad move KSR as a UK Fan since I can remember watching Basketball and as one who lives in Louisville I just lost a lot of respect for your website Cuck the Fardinals

24. Uofktf
    9:29 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Time for a new writer! Go write for u o l!

25. Big Blue 66
    9:30 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Ive come to terms with UL winning it this year. I will not jump off a bridge or anything, having said that, wouldnt bother me to see Michigan or Wichita St. I would hate for a Big East championship game, so really want Michigan to beat the Cuse

26. Zack
    9:31 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Word up. I agree 100% with this post. Rival or not they’re still our little bro.

27. Murica F Yeah
    9:31 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

This is a Cats site and if you can’t deal with that Cory, get the hell out. Love it or leave it! Either way, enough about Louisville, take it to their boards if you want your nose up their asses.

28. Rett
    9:32 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I have a class with Peyton Siva, and think he’s a great guy. I am really sorry for Kevin Ware and my prayers go out to him, and I hope he has a full and speedy recovery. However, I would never root for Louisville in any context, the dislike is too deep, and the last thing is want to see is the satisfaction on the Cards fan’s faces.

29. Uh, NO!
    9:32 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Yea, too bad for the kid, but doesn’t mean I cheer for his team, especially if our rival. Pete Thamel is a dbag, but just because he does a dbag article about an injured player from our rival does not mean I root for them. And everyone knows Rick is a liar. Rick no more meant what he said then when he told Karen he would support her and the child. So no, I will not cheer for UL or even watch the games. Bunch of dregs in the Final 4.

30. MrSleestack
    9:32 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Really? I guess next your going to tell us 3 reasons it’s okay to rush the court at Rupp. KSR has been an embarrassment the last 24 hours. It’s sports, injuries happen. The kid is fine. And last time I looked, the chinstrap brigade is still playing for a championship, while we’re watching from home. Grow a pair you jackwagons.

31. yep
    9:32 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

5. – How many Cards fans did you talk to about Nerlens? There was nothing but good things said about him and wishes that he recovers quickly from UL. Maybe you should go talk to him about how UL fans have treated him as he comes the Louisville plenty.

And no one cares if you root for us, you UK fans respect no one, which is why the entire college fan base united and laughed at your Robert Morris loss.

32. Deepblue
    9:33 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Stop with all of the Louisville bullsh!t. Stop with the Kevin Ware updates, stop with the polls on whether we are rooting for them, stop with the game coverage, and please….in the name of the infant baby Jesus…don’t make posts about why we should be fans of LOUISVILLE!

33. dontbelieve
    9:34 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

If anyone believes Pitino was sincere in that comment go stab yourself in the eye with a number 2 pencil

34. KEVIN BURTON
    9:34 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Sportsmanship! Good luck to the Cards! With that said, we will dominate them nxt yr.

35. KG
    9:34 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I rooted for the Tards against dUKe. That’s as far for me as my ethics will allow. I gotta go for Cuse because they were my bracket pick to win it all……hey!! it’s a business decision.
    I do hope Ware has a complete recovery and is able to lace em up next season.

36. Deepblue
    9:34 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

This sh!t is wearing me the f*ck out.

37. Dc cat
    9:34 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

No brainer. Two final fours in a row for UK and now U of L. Two champions in a row from the state?! High potential for three in a row…Absolutely! Takes the medias love for tobacco road down a notch.

38. Big Blue 66
    9:36 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

31. earn our respect first….you troll our websites, act like youve won it 10 times since 1986 and generally think you are a blue blood, which youre not. So like my dad taught me, you want respect….earn it.

39. BlueFins
    9:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

You go ahead and cheer for them Corey, I’d rather not!

40. RESPECT
    9:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I am not a Louisville fan, but I respect them. I see a lot of what we had last year in this team. Actually I think Pitino is the best college basketball coach in the game. (not a fan of his personal life) I say bring the championship back to Kentucky. I won’t be against Louisville.

41. 22 is a POS
    9:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

#22- someone reads deadspin. So creative for swiping a classless joke from another website. So edgy. You should totally do standup, bro.

42. rockatao
    9:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Here’s another reason to root for the Cards … a carryover from the women’s defeat of Baylor yesterday. Found myself screaming support for their effort in that game. And I hope that UK men will have some shooters next year that can do half as well as the Lady Cards.

43. EC
    9:38 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I can’t root against Louisville now. Not after what I saw yesterday on that court. The players have my utmost respect. Their fans are only a notch above Indiana’s. For that reason I’ll just ignore the Final Four and UL’s loony tune fans.

44. Big Blue 66
    9:38 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

32. MJ is found out that Louisville is a must market for his radio fantasy and this website. If you notice hes been more and more throwing UL info and articles up on this site. In a year he will be saying, well…..its Kentucky Sports Radio, not University of Kentucky saports radio….you watch.

45. Go Shockers!
    9:39 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Here’s hoping for a Michigan-Wichita St. Championship game. I’m sorry about Kevin Ware’s leg, Pete Thamel is an absolute doosch, and I remember Rick saying that to Cal last year (clearly posturing, by the way), but none of that is gonna make me play fast-and-loose with my immortal soul.

Go Cats. Go Shockers!

46. Sam
    9:40 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Truthfully, I was pulling for the Tards against the more-hated Puke, but now I root for Wichita State to win it all. That would be a great story. But because KU, IU, UNC, and Puke lost, I’m really a happy camper. To make my happiness complete I just need Loserville to be true to its name. But I wish Mr. Ware the best. All the best!

47. 1) Prayers for Ware
    2) Thamel is a jerk (it’s all about timing, Pete)
    3) Kudos to Pitino for his sportsmanship last year…but…

I still can NOT pull for the Cards. GO SHOCKERS!!!

48. BleedBlue
    9:42 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

#1,3,5,6, 23, 24,27, 28, 32,etc. I AGREE!!!! NO WAY IN H*LL AM I GOING TO ROOT FOR THE RED BIRDS!!! GO ‘Cuse, GO Shockers, GO WOVERINES, BEAT THOSE RED BIRDS!!!

49. Eric
    9:43 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

So I’m on vacation in st. Pete beach Florida, and the game is on poolside on a big screen tv. I notice a guy upfront with a dirty bird visor on. Cards win, first thing guy says is “UK who.”. Needless to say I couldn’t let that insult go unanswered, so about 10 minutes of smack talk ensued, and I wouldn’t say it was goodnatured either. I was actually going to pull for the cards the rest of the way, because i was touched by the reaction of ware’s teammates to his injury. All it took was one dirty bird d-bag and it’s “go shockers!!! Or cuse, or wolverines!!!!” Anyone but the cards. Let’s get this fifteen seconds of fame overwith!!!!

50. Liam Neesons
    9:43 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Fo real doe….no

51. John
    9:44 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

How many Louisville fans started cheering for UK when Noel went down? I would dare say none. I hated to see that injury, I feel bad for the kid. Truthfully I don’t dislike any player on that team, they seem to be decent kids. However, they play for a team and more importantly a coach I hate, and I will never root for them, in fact I will always root hard against them. As far as Pitino’s comments last year, if you believe a word he said about pulling for us then I have some ocean front property to sell you. Pitino was just doing what Pitino does best. Trying to make himself look good.

Go Shockers!
    Go Orange Men!
    Go Wolverines!

52. None Ya
    9:46 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

It’s ok to root for UL. The reason? We rarely have to compete with them for recruits and when we do, we win. By contrast, we occasionally have to fight Michigan and/or Syracuse for players. A Championship is a nice feather in their cap when they are courting a HS player and we certainly don’t want them having that for an edge.

53. Deepblue
    9:47 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

This post reeks of a writer pretending to be a UK fan.

54. UKBlue1!
    9:47 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Best Wishes to Ware. My hatred for Pitino will not allow me to root for UL.

55. Never
    9:48 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I’d root for Louisville if Pitino wasn’t their coach. His punishment for coming back to coach our rival after his failure in the NBA should be never to win another championship. I hope Michigan or Syracuse can take care of business.

56. RealTalk
    9:48 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

What is wrong with you children? He never said that you had to root for or against louisville! He just offered up some reasons that some of us may deem to be good reasons to want louisville to win. By all means go on hating, but please for the love of God stop trying to combat “bad posts” with bad comments.

57. ditto
    9:48 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

49 the same thing happened to me. I guess is in all honesty I dont care either way if louisville wins for their players. But i want nothing more for them to lose because of there ignorant fans. They arnt as bad as IUs but they sure do try.

58. Jim 1
    9:50 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

What’s next? Reasons to root for UT, UI, Duke, NC, etc. UK fans, know your enemies. Do you really buy into Rick’s bull that he loves UK, when he is trying his best to make Louisville #1 in the BLUEGRASS? Wake up WILDCAT fans.

59. shelbyjoe
    9:50 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Injuries are a part of sports – I dont’ recall ANY UL fans rooting for UK when Nerlens went down – they only took that opportunity to make fun of UK when we didn’t make the tourney. I will NOT root for UL – I would pay 1000 dollars to see WSU beat the living crap out of them on Saturday.
    I hope Ware has a speedy and painless recovery, but I still hate UL.

60. OwensboroDavid
    9:52 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Hey Corey, go out and get you a L’ville Final Four t-shirt and root on the dirty birds. You disgust me. Matt should fire you on the spot.

61. Participant
    9:53 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I hope Mr. Ware has a speedya and successful recovery and a great career as long as he wants to ply. After that, I cannot be against someone 364 days a year and for them once.

BBN for life

62. xkgh
    9:53 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

If Louisville wins, I’ll be happy for the team because they all seem like good kids…. but I can never, ever cheer for them. Pitino is such a tool and so is 99.9% of the fanbase. Go Shockers!!

(btw this is a lame april fools post)

63. Oogie
    9:53 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Dude! I don’t even need to read the comments above to know that you’re getting absolutely CLOBBERED for this one!

64. Austin
    9:53 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

49. The fact that his reaction after beating Duke in the Elite Eight was to talk smack about UK was telling. For people outside of Louisville, being a Cardinal fan is often times just people trying to be contrary. They like the negative attention, and their fanhood is built on antagonizing UK fans.

Being a KEntucky fan doesn’t have anything to do with UofL. I became a UK fan because that is what most well adjusted people in Kentucky do. I don’t care about Louisville. We are better than them.

UofL is having a golden age in their athletic program. Good for them. It doesn’t bother me.

65. Dumbledore
    9:53 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Your finest post yet. Kudos, Corey.

66. Robster
    9:54 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

NEVER!!!! Go Wichita State, Michigan, or Syracuse! Oh, go TN!

67. BobKYCats
    9:55 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

When discussing UL fans, one thing’s for sure; the streets of Atlanta will be filled with trash this weekend.

68. BPM
    9:55 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I really don’t understand some of you people. UL fans would never root for UK. UL fans have always been utterly disrespectful to UK and have never once given UK credit for anything. Even last year, to the end, they talked about how overrated the team was. UL is a great team this year, the best even, they deserve to win and probably will. I will never root for them though. Do UNC fans ever root for Duke and vice versa?

69. SoFLCat
    9:55 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

starting the #keepitinthecommonwealth campaign. If we cant win it why not UL. Sure beats Duke. I never got caught up in the UL / UK hatred part. I am a UK guy, but UL’s success isnt directly at the expense of UK, not this year at least.

70. Austin
    9:56 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Now, if they were to keep us from winning #9 next year and go back to back, they would be a real threat, and I would not look at them the same way.

71. Derbygal
    9:56 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

April Fools Day back at you Corey!!

72. Austin
    9:59 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I have a busy Saturday planned. I am not going to be watching the games. I don’t care who wins.

73. Wall2Cousins
    10:00 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I rather BANG Karen Sipher then to everrrr root on a team coach by 10 second Ricky.

74. ShawnP
    10:01 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

NEVER OK for a UK fan to pull for U of L.

This UK fan is keeping score on the fake UK fans pulling for U of L.

Yes this means YOU KSR.

75. But why
    10:02 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

31. I wish him all the best just like many UL fans wished nerlens the best. But what i meant was I didn’t hear very many rooting for us against Robert Morris. Mostly just bashing us.

76. CardsSuck
    10:07 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

The only reason to root for them is if them winning will win you money, even that is pushing it.

77. thats budda
    10:09 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Screw them bitches and ho’s. Go anybody but……

78. NEVER
    10:10 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

NEVER EVER EVER EVER cheer for loserville or puke. There is never a reason to ever cheer for them. Feel sorry for the Ware kid, but I never wish any good to their programs. I’m a Wildcat fan, and a Wildcat fan only.

79. Why I'm rooting for UL
    10:14 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I married a UL fan, and she has won the battle of allegiances with our kids. My 11 year old son watches the Cards religiously, but he’ll also watch a UK game with me on occasion. I know how exciting it is for ‘your’ team to win it all as a young kid, and let’s be honest, it probably won’t happen again anytime soon for the Cards. So as much as I hate to do it, I gotta pull for the Cards for the next week – and then it’s back to ragging my son about how I hate them.

80. catdog
    10:14 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Agree with this post.
    BBN, as Big Brother, should show the Birds some love.
    It is the right thing to do, and would drive them crazy.
    They are no threat to our ultimate supremacy in hoops.
    Rather they win it than Carolina, Duke, Indiana or Kansas.
    A little rivialry doesn’ hurt anyway.
    Ask Alabama in football.
    We need to bury the hatchet with Pitino.
    He is a great coach. BBN owes him alot.
    There is a reason his jersey is hanging in our rafters.

81. Number 3
    10:14 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

“The enemy of my enemy is double my enemy, because exponents.” – amazing. Also agree Krang is an a-hole. Not sure if Wichita State fits the bill, though. They are the Stacey Karosi of the saved by the bell final four.

82. GHWB
    10:17 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Root for the Filthy Cards? Not gonna do it, wouldn’t be prudent.

83. Austin
    10:17 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I rooted hard for Louisville up to this point for a couple reasons.

1) They were playing Duke.

2) I wanted Indiana to lose so bad, that I was okay with Louisville sticking around until the Hoosiers were dealt with, because I didn’t think IU could beat UL.

3) Kevin Ware.

I would probably root for Pitino to beat Boeheim, but I would root for Wichita State and Michigan over Louisville. I don’t really care though. I have a small amount of love left for Pitino. I don’t think he is a great guy, but whatever. I don’t think Cal is a saint either. They are basketball coaches, I like to watch Pitino teams play basketball. They play the right way.

Wichita State is the only team that I would be truly happy that they won. The rest are just blah. It doesn’t matter to me.

84. Catlogic15
    10:17 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

UL fans believed every word Thamel wrote about UK. And if you’re a UK fan living in Louisville, you heard about it, everyday.

85. CatGrad7072
    10:18 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Never, Cory! In addition to what others have said, Pitino has the moral compass of an alley-cat in heat.

86. Computer Blue
    10:23 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Three reasons not to cheer for Louisville:

3. Rick Pitino – Sypher trial
    2. Trolls – Take endless pleasure in griefing us
    1. Tom Jurich – The architect of the city’s bankruptcy

87. SeoulCat
    10:25 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Corey, buddy, I’ve always taken up for you in the comment section. Not this time, pal. Garbage post. I don’t care if Kevin Ware were circumcised at halftime by Tim Tebow and Pitino saved our planet from impending doom by hurling Karen Sypher into the path of an approaching asteroid, no way do we pull for Ricky Three Stacks or Louisville…under any circumstances.

88. Corey
    10:27 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I’m cool with all of that. Prayers to Kevin Ware.

89. Woohop,
    10:30 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

HURRAH FOR COREY!!

Absolutely right-on. We should be supporting our state competitor. We should be behind Rick Pitino’. How many times has Pitino’ stated that he “screed up” leaving UK. He still loves the school………..likely more than U of L. Lets keep the hatred for Louisville realistic and “on the court”, not personal towards the players. Once Rick retires from Louisville, UK will never worry about them again. UK is the greatest basketball program EVER……….and part of being great is the expectation of HUMILITY. Be big enough to reflect our UK class!

90. CatGrad7072
    10:33 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

#87: SeoulCat for the win!

91. House Lannister
    10:35 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Before I even looked I knew this would be what your post was going to be about.

92. Look Out Fireworks!
    10:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I can’t understand what is wrong with you people!! How can you really root for those dirty cards and call yourself a CATS fan? You make me sick!

How many loserville fans rooted for UK to win the Championship the day after Nerlens went down? That is not a reason to root for the dirty birds.

The “enemy of the enemy pete thamel” crap is crap! loserville is the #1 enemy!

You people make me sick!

93. ROBERT MORRIS
    10:39 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

ROBERT MORRIS knows a WINNER and it is The ‘VILLE. GO CARDS! LOSERS sure are a sore bunch of roadkill kayuts.

94. Mack
    10:41 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

What 87 said!!!!!!

95. Norm
    10:43 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

This post is garbage. I hardly ever come to KSR anymore and crap like this is the reason why. Radio show is great, this site has became trash.

96. bung
    10:54 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I don’t even watch if the Ky Wildcats are not in it…

97. Disbelief
    11:04 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I agree, many times i feel like some of the people who post on these boards are really just 1 person with 94 multiple personalities or more depending on the post. additionally i think the people objecting this ideal should get back on their Indiana blogs but i know there is so much sadness that they don’t know what to do by not winning it all they thought it was their right so screw the Hoosiers bring it back to KY.

98. Yep
    11:09 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

38. – We have more than earned our respect. I’m pretty sure you guys act like you have won it 10 times since then. You will never respect any other team because it is not in your nature.

99. asdf
    11:17 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I want Kevin Ware to walk again, but I’ll never root for the Cards.

100. ukbradstith
    11:23 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Rooting hard for the cards. Much rather an in-state school win it. And yes, most people that post on here sure make the BBN fan base look bad- but every fan base has them.

101. pitiful
    11:31 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I will never root for the dirty birds. Its amazing how many people forget the things the uofl fans say about us on a daily basis. If you root for them then I’d recommend staying on their band wagon and not jumping back to the cats next year.

102. Hmm
    11:33 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Loved UK all my life and always will. Big part of that was the resurection Rick Pitino did for UK in the early 90’s.

I live in Kentucky and I support kentucky teams….when they’re not playing UK.

I hope Louisville wins!

I also hope we beat them by 150 points next December.

103. You guys are sad
    11:36 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I love how some of you think You can determine what a fan is based on what you think. So if a UK fans roots for another Kentucky team then that person is no longer a real fan. Well, I don’t think they really care what you think. I think you probably abuse farm animals with that logic. So if you’re right then I am too….so do you….

104. True Story
    11:52 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Never okay to root for UofL for natchamp. That’s just crazy. Cards fans have spent an entire season down-playing our win last year and even made fun when Noel got injured. Screw those jerks. They don’t deserve a trophy. GO WICHITA STATE!

105. hahahaha
    11:56 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

yall some salty ass fans forreal tho

106. hahahaha
    11:58 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

great post Corey

107. True Story
    11:59 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

While we’re at it… how come everyone is still looking the other way on this Ware injury. Kid was obviously playing on a fracture. His leg is Pitino’s fault, just like all those guys he hurt last season with over-training and dismissing pain complaints.

108. tony
    11:59 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Phuc loserville..and all you so called UK fans that would ever pull for them! yestreday I was the biggest DUKE fan on this planet and Sat I will be the biggest Wichita State fan on it as well!

109. Chief Illwhiniwept
    12:01 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Rooting against Louisville comes down to one thing: their fan base. I would love to keep the title in state, and I don’t hate Pitino like others do (although he has done some bad things personally and professionally). But, a win for Louisville would only perpetuate the myth that they are a good athletic school.

110. Big Blue Coming At You
    12:01 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

You are not a real UK fan if you root for UL. Bunch of Pitino loving dumb asses.

111. Mark Liptak
    12:02 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Sorry can’t do it. Go Michigan or Syracuse since they are the only two left who have a reasonable chance to beat Louisville.

Mark Liptak

112. Big Blue Coming At You
    12:05 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

107 is right but you Pitino loving dumb asses are to dumb to realize that yet another UL player is seriously injured because of Pitino. F him, F UL and anyone that roots for them!!!

113. tony
    12:06 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Wont be rooting for little brother but……Know what I would be rooting for…If another kid breaks his leg that the bone goes straight thru NITinos neck and we get to watch him bleed out on national TV

114. tony
    12:07 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

110 & 112 you are THE MAN..these half azz so called UK fans need to buy them some red!

115. Marcus
    12:11 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Hatred blinds people… And brings ruin. Corey, your compassion and honesty is great. Disregard these ppl who live with such intense hate. Your balanced state > immaturity of these fans. These are teenagers they are hating on. It’s quite sad. I love my Cats, but that doesn’t mean I hate the cards. Stupid logic. I root for blue… But I root next for the SEC and then I will root for the rest of my state. Keep up the good work Corey. Ignore the haters (regardless if they’re uk fans or not) …there are always haters. Stand your ground brotha!

116. jaws2
    12:15 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Cards will destroy Wichita. I am for whoever they play in the final. I don’t want Pricktino to win another basketball game while he’s at our most hated adversary. The guy lies every other sentence. Why would anyone in there right mind believe he was sincere with that statement last year? Please.

117. CatluvernFl
    12:55 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Tried rooting for Cards but just can’t. Hope Ware makes a speedy recovery. Never once saw any Card fan root for UK last year and only saw negative comments after Noel went down. They are by far the best team left but I think Syarcuse gets them in the final game.

118. donnadoright
    1:07 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Hell No!!!! There is no reason on the face of this green earth that I would pull for U of L. All BBN, all the time.

119. Catsfan78
    1:32 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

I can’t begin to tell you the disappointment I feel (and know you don’t care) about the comments against UL. I live out of state and for those of you who have never lived out of state you have no idea how we Kentuckians are made fun of. I am a Kentuckian first, UK fan second and since UK is out of the NCAA’s I will root for the Kentucky team that is in the tournament. Go Cards..make me proud to be a Kentuckian!

120. ricdix
    1:39 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

I agree Corey. You dont have to root for card fans. Im pulling for the players who seem like really good kids. I aslo prefer all the press and attention stay in the Bluegrass. This is exactly what I was hoping for years ago when Rick took the UL job. (for the state of KY to be the epicenter of collage basketball. Not Tabaco Rd) Bring it home!

121. Gary
    1:48 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Wichita State is not afraid or intimidated by any negative smack talk by Louisville fans. Ranking doesn’t always equal results. They have heard how they were supposed to lose all 4 games. The Shockers play against very tough defences all year long. Louisville is fast,but so are the Shockers . The Shockers are much stronger and more physical. Two lesser MVC teams nearly defeated Louisville this year and only lost be 3-5 pts. They don’t realize what difficulty they will be up against the Shockers defense. Almost no teams even comes close to their shooting percentage average against the Shockers. The more that people trash talk the Shockers the more they will be humiliated . Don’t say i didn’t tell you so.If Louisville cannot out rebound the Shockers and stop their outside shooting they will lose. Remember Dewey vs Truman, this is another one.

122. Andrew H
    1:49 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

P*SS ON LOUISVILLE!!!!

123. UKBlue
    1:58 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Screw UL, if they win, Rick & Jurich also win & both of these idiots should be sent to Gitmo. If UL wins, Rick, should immediately retire because he will never get a basketball season so easy & any of the players looking at the NBA should all jump because they will never get an NBA draft so bad.

124. Sammydog
    2:10 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

There is much to like about the Shockers but they lack experience and make stupid turnovers. Their decision making will do them in. The Cards have so much experience playing together. They will eat the Shockers alive in the 2nd half. Michigan will not be able to beat them either for the same reasons. Immaturity and poor decision making. The Orange is the only team with a chance to beat Lville. They know them well and know how to beat them. The other teams do not and will not.

125. When I read these posts I wonder how many of them are made by true UK fans, people under thirty or scumbags with nothing better to do. Some of you hate Rick Pitino like he just slept with your sister-cousin. I remember an esteemed program in shambles and a job that few coaches were lining up to take not that long ago. Along comes a coach named Rick Pitino and a few years later we are hanging another banner. In a society that only chooses to remember what we have done lately, I’m not surprised by the ugliness that’s posted on KSR on a daily basis. I use to love to come to the websites to get recruiting news, player information and even to hear that Billy Donovan just bought a horse farm in Lexington. Stupid as even that was, it was funny. Over the past few years it seems like the IQ level of the average poster has dropped thirty points and I don’t know what the heck some of you guys have going on with the Louisville hatred. I root against the Cards,the Dookies and Kansas because I bleed blue but I do respect the fact that college basketball is better when the blue bloods are dominating. It’s a game most of us true fans love but for the for the rest of you guys with the hostility issues…take a chill pill, get a massage or drink a beer but most of all…relax!

126. You guys are idiots
    2:14 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

I don’t usually get on message boards because it’s usually filled with the 1% of idiots that every fanbase has to deal with.

My prediction is that 50% of these comments come from UL fans and the other 50% are the unrealistic morons that make up the 1% of bad UK fans. Everybody has their idiots and they mostly post comments on websites or call in radio shows because most of us have other things to do!

That being said, you should feel ashamed of yourself. I mean, you’re fueling the bad 1% of UL fans who trolled on UK when Noel went down. In my eyes, the idiots in here are no worse than they are. The kid suffered a horrible injury, pray for him!

And about UL winning, how would that hurt UK in any way??? It doesn’t! It makes the rivalry much better and gives it more merit! The state of KY is about to pass up the state of NC if UL wins.

Just do us all a favor and shut up! I know that most of you morons make up the bad 1% of fanbases and I can safely assume that 50% of these comments come from the troll UL fans that make up the 1% of their fanbase. GET A LIFE YOU MORONS!!!!!

127. Katdaddy
    2:15 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

I hope ul gets drilled! But i don’t want to see any kid get hurt. No Kid! And i hope and pray that kevin has a smooth and speedy recovery! Then we will beat their brains out next year.

128. Catsfan78
    2:16 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Nicely put #125!

129. Kick yourself in the a.....
    2:20 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Well said 126.

130. jimp
    2:28 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

As Mr. Keightley said to Rick Pitino when he told him he was going to take the UL coaching job, “Have you lost your mind?”

131. the Big Dog
    4:04 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Just Say No to rooting for the dirtybirds. Rick Pitino is a liar so it doesn’t matter if he tried to sound concilatory last spring. However, we should all hope that kevin Ware has a full recovery.

132. @coyotevomit
    5:07 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

To quote @JustinRatliff10, “I didnt want that dude to break his leg. I wish him the very best, but damn people, he didn’t die! People break legs all the time! How does a dude breaking his leg make you a fan?! I don’t understand? Why aren’t there more people at wheelchair basketball games then?” Ahahahaha!

133. Dave
    5:22 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt, is this some kind of sick April fools joke? I will NEVER be for U of L in any game in any sport.

134. Coachleep
    5:23 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Ricky P brought Ky Basketball from the depths of despair. Two Nat’l Championships and 1 runner up
    He has admitted many time the worst mistake he ever made as a Coach was leaving Ky. ( disagree) (the worst mistake was not putting A man on the ball out of bounds against Duke. I’m for Louisville every game of the year except 2. When we play them in regular season and anytime in the NCAA.

135. Coachleep
    5:26 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Number 125 is right on the Money

136. Wild Blue
    5:59 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

And I can think of about 20 reasons to not root for Louisville in the final four starting with their slimeball coach. Corey, you should be ashamed to even write this crap.

137. Athena
    6:18 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

68, EXACTLY!

138. buzzard
    10:13 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

I was very sorry to see Kevin Ware get hurt, and I wish him a speedy recovery, so that we can beat his ass next year. Now that IU and Duke are out, UofL is next. Go Michigan!!!

139. SmartCat
    10:40 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Next year, next year, next year…..I have heard that in football for 30 years and now its starting in basketball. UK fans are simply comic relief.

140. Katbluefan
    5:19 am April 2, 2013 Permalink

As a Kentucky Wildcat fan for many years and never a Louisville Card fan it made it near impossible for me to become a Card fan when Pitino showed up as the Card’s coach. Then when his “Table affair” became public and he was awarded a raise and contract extension for this insulting, lowdown affair when he should have been sent packing by UL, I lost all respect for the Univ. of Louisville. Any other self respecting univ. would have. When people ask me about UL I just say they are not part of the State of KY., they were annexed into IN.

141. dolfan66r
    10:14 am April 2, 2013 Permalink

I am a Kentucky fan! Lets get that out of the way. I never cheer for Louisville except when Schnellenberger was the football coach since I am from Miami and I am a Hurricane! I think Rick Pitino is a fraud and the king of hyperbole. That being said. He did restore BBN to greatness in a very short time and if he had put a man on the ball Laetner wouldn’t have made that shot and the 92 team could have won the NC in his first try! I will say one thing. Russ Smith is a good young man who never received the credit he deserves from his own coach. I cheer for Russ because he seems like the underdog.

142. Gary
    12:15 am April 4, 2013 Permalink

Louisville has a very talented team and i accept that fact. Problem is, people have an incomplete picture of Wichita State based on lack of knowledge. Do you realize that Wichita State had 3 common opponents to Louisville this year. They were Northern Iowa, Illinois State & Pitt. The Cardinals beat all 3 of these teams by 3-5 points. The Iowa and Illinois team were lesser teams in the MVC. Wichita State is also in the MVC. The results of Wichita State against the 3 common opponents that played are as follows. Wichita State by 12pts. over Illinois State, 18 pt. over Pitt Panthers & 25 points over Northern Iowa.You can check these scores out if you like . In otherwords, The Shockers did better against all the 3 teams than Louisville played. Also, ask coach Patino what he thinks about Wichita State. Did you know that he picked Wichita State to make the final 4? Yes you heard right. You may check if you like. I am not here to trash Louisville in any way. I was just pointing out some facts and responding to people that have said terrible things about Wichita State. I am only here because i think that certain Louisville fans think that the Shockers were nothing but awful, lucky Cinderella’s. Cinderella’s don’t win 30 games in div 1 basketball. I don’t expect Louisville fans to like the Shockers, but i do believe that they should not totally diss them either. Mid-Major does not necessarily mean less talented any longer. Win or lose for Wichita, a little respect for another final 4 team is all that i am asking for.

143. Gary
    12:27 am April 4, 2013 Permalink

You don’t want WIGGINS. His big brother Nick plays for Wichita State. No Kidding