This sounds like a job for the Turtleman

If you were watching last night’s game in Lexington, you might’ve noticed a brief period of darkness on your television — if you weren’t one of the many people who turned the game off manually. The brief blackout was due to a power outage at WKYT after an animal chewed through a power line. The station’s Vice President of Operations said the animal ate away at a line on the station’s property, causing a power outage throughout the area. WKYT’s backup generator kicked on immediately but it took 10 to 12 minutes for the transmitter to get the feed back out to the fans. Insight customers picked the feed up in just a couple of minutes because, well, Insight is awesome.

It sounds like Dave Baker or Rob Bromley need to get the Turtleman on the phone. No job is too tough or dangerous for Turtleman, and his years of bonding with wild animals allow him to use his animal instincts to save them from unfamiliar territory.

(H/T Herald-Leader)

Article written by Drew Franklin

27 Comments for This sounds like a job for the Turtleman

1. Big Daddy
    3:02 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

If that cat had nine lives he just spent ’em all.

2. BBWheels
    3:08 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Damn Toothed cardinal!

3. Floyd the Barber
    3:08 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Live Action!

4. WTF Insight
    3:09 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Insight dropping the game was only made more ironic by their new ad campaign against Dish, Which pictures the old man talking about Dish network dropping the signal to UK games.

5. Bulldawg
    3:15 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Drew-

will you all please post video of the “nut shot” and the “haymaker” that was thrown. Matt said he would on the show, but I have yet to see it… PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAEASE!

6. WKYT EE
    3:16 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Dear diary, Using the leftover power cables that I found buried under the horse feed in the barn proved to be unwise..

7. Carl
    3:17 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Aaah-yeee Aaah-yeee Aaah-yeee !

8. jorts4life
    3:23 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

With bare hands!!!

9. exiledfan
    3:34 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Were there problems on ESPN3 last night because ESPN Full Court is free this week? Strange, could not get the game on the computer but could watch on my iphone.

10. Tomas
    3:36 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

What do I gotta do to get a podcast up? Two days in row guys.

11. Cristoforouk
    3:40 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

I have Insight and it was definitely down longer than a couple of minutes. I missed about 20 minutes. Watched on ESPN3 though without any problems.

12. EvilPatSummitt
    3:42 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

So, nothing on this site about the UK Hoops game tonight vs. Tennessee? You’re falling down on the job, KSR…

13. Bulldawg
    3:42 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

I agree Thomas

when a podcast is posted it may just have 1 hour or be only the previous day…the technical stuff has been sliding a little.

P.S. I pay too much money for this site to settle for mediocrity! (insert sarcasm)

seriously though you guys can do better. I have seen it.

14. Bulldawg
    3:45 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Bulldawg wants afternoon notes and a podcast!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Using my bulldawg face and growl) don’t make me call the show 2morrow and gripe! come on guys!!!!!!!

15. jaws2
    3:52 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

I’ve asked for two days; Where’s the afternoon podcast, it’s the ONLY time I can get hear the show.

16. nybrasky
    4:01 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

But what would Turtleman be paid in? Can’t believe you didn’t invite people to speculate.

17. The Blue Goose
    4:11 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

He would’ve been paid in one free appearance as a guest on Kentucky Sports Radio and two free breakfast hotdogs at the local fillin’ station. Gitcha Sum! Ayayayayayyaya!!

18. Steve Fitts
    4:12 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

I’m guessing the animal went to “the great beyond?”

19. Turtleman Sucks
    4:19 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

I guess it’s just me but I cannot stand the turtleman. I didn’t have a clue about who he was, eventhough he’s been mentioned on this site several times in the past few months, until I sat through one of the episodes while visiting my mother back home in Clay County. Damn, I hate shows that make way to much fun of the the lifestyle that most folk have to live out of necessity/economics in KY. This man is doing nothing but helping perpetuate the hillbilly stereotype of Kentucky and he gets paid and celebrated for it.

20. joe
    5:08 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

20. the turtleman is awesome and you suck. get over yourself. waah, hillbilly stereotype, waaah

21. I'm walkin here
    5:24 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Ratso says “Joe Buck, I like them 3goggles.”

22. Turtleman
    6:59 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

20. – sound like you want some of my LIVE ACTION!

23. Snapperlicious
    7:11 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

20 = Mama’s boy

24. CaliCat
    7:32 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Turtleman is turrible. 20 is absolutely right. This turtleman fella is an absolute SHAM and is only reinforcing what people out here on the left coast WANT to believe about my home state. Even the place names he references are MADE UP. Why WHY do Kentuckians keep celebrating this?

25. Me
    7:54 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

I’ve lived and worked in Kentucky for over 30 years. Public service sector. Turtleman is a true and fair representation of a good segement of the population. A fun loving, good ole boy that loves the outdoors and loves animals. Love his neighbors and helping people. And is in bad need of a dentist.

All stereotypes have a little basis in reality.

26. HackRichards
    9:09 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

20-Some of us are proud of our heritage. Unlike you we are NOT ashamed to be hillbillies even if we have Masters Degrees. Eastern Kentucky should succeed from the Commonwealth anyways, and Turtleman is welcome to move up here and be governor!