This Photo of Nerlens Noel Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

I love this. That is all.

— As the two big announcements get closer, the more it looks like Shabazz will sign with UCLA and Georgetown is evening the score with Kentucky for Nerlens Noel. I’ve accepted the loss of Shabazz, but I refuse to believe Nerlens Noel is going to anywhere besides Kentucky until I hear it out of his mouth. That’s not to say he won’t go somewhere else, I just won’t believe it until I hear it from the flattop feller.

4 hours…

— UK announced a time change in John Calipari’s tour. Cal and the trophy will be in Ashland from noon-1:00 and then in Pikeville from 2:30-3:30 on Thursday. The previous announcement said 1:00-2:00 for Ashland and 3:00-4:00 for Pikeville. Tell your friends.

— Bob Knight is writing a new book and the title of it is very Bob Knight. “The Power of Negative Thinking” — yeah, seriously — is in the works and has a publisher, but it doesn’t have a release date just yet. Of his new project, Knight told the South Bend Tribune, “I’ve always thought the things that we look upon negatively are extremely important.”  I don’t know what that means, but I’m sure the book will be interesting.

— Please stop all the Petrino-to-Kentucky talks. Yes, he’s a winner, but he’s also trash. He has been scum at every job he’s held and he’s lied to everyone throughout his entire career. Not interested. Take those wins elsewhere.

— We’ll be doing a LIVE BLOG tonight for the ESPNU Signing Day Special.  Join us at around 7:30 to count down until Nerlens and Shabazz make their announcements.

Mitch Barnhart was on today’s radio show and he made some jaw-dropping comments. Listen for yourself…

Article written by Drew Franklin

73 Comments for This Photo of Nerlens Noel Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

1. Wu Tang Financial
    4:04 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

It looks like he jumped on a trampoline in that picture. Crazy! By the way, “F” Bob Knight!

2. Rockfield,KY
    4:05 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Our current coach isn’t such an upstanding individual himself, plus he can’t win. I can understand not wanting Petrino, but being a scum is kinda the standard for a college coach, except for Ole Papaw Brooks.

3. hooch
    4:07 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

People actually think UK wants that clown Petrino? We’re not that desperate.

4. Ridge Runner
    4:07 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

I will not buy any book from Bobby Knight. Good Lord.

5. yesterdays
    4:08 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Petrino is probably one of the top 3 college coaches of the last 15 years. Besides Urban and Chris Peterson, im not sure theres a better mind in college ball. So strap an ankle monitoring device on him, hire two life coach’s/chaperones, and sign him up. He would make football around here fun again, and thats something thats hard to do.

6. BigBlueFan31
    4:08 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Saying that you wouldn’t take Petrino over our current coach is like saying, “I’m okay with being the cellar dwellar of the SEC. Who cares if we win?”

That’s why I root for OU football and not UK.

7. Petrino
    4:08 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

B.S! We need Petrino! Who gives a crap if he is a low life A-Hole as long as he wins football games. Some of the greatest coaches in the history of sports were A**Holes. His personal life is none of my business, I just want us to win.

8. The Real Pioneer
    4:09 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Troy McKinley always knew that Bobby Knight was rooting for UK all along….he was using that negative thinking for good. Ha ha.

9. bluetooth
    4:11 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

say it aint so shabazz !

10. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
    4:11 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

I WANT NINE!!!!

11. Ridge Runner
    4:12 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

2…Hear what your saying, but the poster child for discrace wouldn’t be a good thing here at UK. We have a coach who we know will win 4 games but doesn’t get plastered on ESPN because of weird off field crap. 2 to 4 wins this year and we don’t show up on sportcenter as a moral discrace…just as a sucky team (1 of many around the country) and UK basketball can at least breathe with that.

Still…the sooner Joker leaves, the better. Just not for the UL hand me down scum.

12. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
    4:12 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Petrino still has Cardinal Stink on him. No thanks….

13. Alice Stevenson
    4:12 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Rumor in Fayetteville is Petrino’s wreck wasn’t a wreck. Instead, they were followed by her fiancé and after he got them to pull over, he got her to admit the affair and proceeded to beat up Petrino. That’s why he (the fiancé) was fired from the university.
    As for Kentucky wanting him, no way. He is a lying sociopath.

14. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
    4:13 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Maybe it’s time for Brent Pease to come back to UK as a head coach?

15. Marcus L. Owens
    4:13 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Did anyone hear about Cal making a 2nd visit to Oriakhi?

16. tyson
    4:14 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

You guys asking for Petrino are crazy. For once I 100% agree with Drew. He is a slimeball and if he is that way in his personal life it will probably transfer to his football life, i.e. recruiting violations. There is a chance Arkansas will get sued for hiring his girlfriend above more than 150 applicants for that position. We don’t need him.

17. Richard
    4:14 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Isn’t the UK coach having an affair with a local news anchor?

18. dan
    4:14 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Until we take football more seriously we are going to be SEC cellar dwellers. I say do what ever it takes to get a big name coach who can bring in big name recruits. Petrino would be no worse then watching Joker’s stagnant offense lose game after game.

19. john
    4:15 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

GTown is a racist school. The people that run that university hate white people. So if Noel goes there and its mom that’s wants hum to go there I do not want him here.

20. CalifCatFan
    4:15 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Flat-Top Feller is a good player. But when he comes to UK, he will become a beast.

21. I still hate Latenerd
    4:17 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

19….you should look up the demographics on that one.

22. Ridge Runner
    4:17 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Geeze guys… some of ya are no more than UL fans. I mean look, they got our hand me down coach in basketball and he has been an embarrassment as we point out to them.

Careful what ya ask for because the mirror is looking at ya.

23. Aaron Craft's Rosacea
    4:18 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

I’d rather root for another SEC school than a UK program run by Bobby Petrino.

24. stuckinFlorida
    4:19 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

I’m not stalking @phenom15balla or @NerlensNoel3 but if you look at who they follow on Twitter it’s should give you a hit to were it should end. Just sayin Go Cats!!!!! OK maybe I’m stalking them just a little..

25. Ridge Runner
    4:21 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

24….stalk away & report back…lol

26. WhoWho
    4:22 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Everyone in the entire nation now thinks Petrino is a scum bag. But, when he gets another job and starts winning games again, at least one fan base will forget about his shady past and say that he has learned his lesson. But the entire nation will still Look at him like a scumbag and say that whatever university he goes to sold their soul to the devil, for lack of a better term.

How is that any different than your current basketball coach?

27. BigBlueFan31
    4:23 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Lets be honest, who really cares about UK football as of today?

The same people saying that Petrino is slime are likely the same people that said that about Cal before he got here? Beacuse in most people’s eyes, Cal was the same deal. Now, you love him!

Petrino would be no different. He’d struglle in year 1 with Jokers lackluster “talent.” But, in year two all you guys would love having him here because he’d be “winning.”

28. lane taylor
    4:27 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

5- I agree that Petrino is one of the top coaches in the country, however you named a top three in the last 15 years without Nick Saban or Pete Carroll? But for some reason I believe we get both recruits tonight, not sure why, just got a feeling. Gon shock the world!!

29. NotInsertNameHere
    4:28 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

UK hires Petrino and I boycott the football program. No one will give a shit, but I would. He’s a scumbag piece of crap.

30. Well done...
    4:28 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

24) That’s some CSI s&*t right there. If you can get me some phone records, then I’ll be seriously impressed.

31. PETE
    4:29 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

BUT ALL OF US HATED COACH CAL WHEN HE WAS AT MEMPHIS, CLAIMING HE WAS RUNNING “THE DIRTIEST PROGRAM IN AMERICA” BUT WHEN HE COMES TO UK, ALL IS FORGIVEN. THAT’S THE WAY IT WORKS.

32. jason
    4:30 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

I want petrino. Joker is joke. I want to win.

33. DavenderCatTheSequel
    4:30 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

26) Because if people w/ integrity think my coach is a scum bag, I would be concerned. If people like you, Bobby Knight, & UofL fans think he’s a scum bag, I simply say “#8” & smile.

34. Ridge Runner
    4:31 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

I’m praying that some of you wanting Petrino are actually trolls in disguise with the reasoning I see in here. Praying.

35. DavenderCatTheSequel
    4:31 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

31) Who’s “us?” Got a mouse in your pocket? Oh, it’s a gerbil. Never mind.

36. FlashOfBlue
    4:32 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

37. Stuck in SC
    4:32 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

29– Ditto.

That said, at least I could stop watching. I’ve been way too loyal to the football Cats for the reward. That would put me over the edge to swearing them off for good.

38. Ridge Runner
    4:33 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Case Study in here today continues for………site registration.

39. theuniversityofnerlensnoel
    4:35 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

we have a top 3 recruiting class with or without either of these guys … i trust Cal and we will be fine with or without either

40. Maxbps8
    4:36 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

As for the petrino-talk: NO. NOT in a million years. People already acuse UK of selling it’s soul for Calipari and he didn’t do anything wrong = No proof. So, NO on Petrino.

And what happen to the 2 and 3PM announcements. This 7 and 8PM decisions are killing me. CONGRATS KATS!!! Thanks for bringing #8 home to KentuckY.

41. jrod007
    4:36 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

17 You hit that one on the head

42. Red Rooster
    4:37 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

19: Have you walked around Georgetown?
    RICH WHITE PEOPLE

43. Kaboom
    4:38 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

31. How often are you on this board?..huh..I really would like to hear an answer to that from all of you trolls. #nolife

44. Bigcat76
    4:39 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Knight finally got it right. “the things we look at negitively are important.” Knight looks at U.K. & Cal negitivly therefore U.K. & Cal are important!!! It’s about time that old [email protected](! Got it right!!!

45. FlashOfBlue
    4:39 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

The issue is not the affair. It’s the cover-up and the improper hiring practices. He’d still have a job if it was just the affair.

46. Humping yo leg
    4:41 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Marc Maggard says we are getting Noel! Thank GOD!!

47. SamKat
    4:41 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Matt,
    You are a great UK booster. Keep that up! But do you think any AD or anybody has a magic wand for a second tier FB program at UK? Louseyville’s Jurich hired Petrino once. He’s a wonderful judge of coaching and character isn’t he?

Incidentally, Mitch is a remarkable hard working and inventive guy for UK sports. He answered your tough questions as candidly as he possibly could.

48. Raekwon
    4:42 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Don’t think you can got to Pikeville from Ashland in one and a half hours.

49. iCrone
    4:44 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Check out this UK fan site. You submit it and they post it!

50. tltaworl
    4:46 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

I am not a fan of Petrino, but we all shouldn’t be so quick to judge him. You don’t know the guy so stop acting like you are his wife and he did this to you. Now lets get back to recruiting!

51. Say it ain’t so, Nerlens!!! Your flattop will go PERFECTLY with the blue & white!!!

52. TheNewOriginal
    4:52 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

31/ I call BS on that one. Only the ignorant people said that. Anybody that actually followed him at UMass and Memphis did not think that. The people both places loved him.

53. UKFanBoy
    4:53 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Honestly, its not a big deal if we get neither. If we get Oriakhi we are still a title contender and will once again be the prohibitive favorite in 2013. Oh yeah, we also won the National title this year. We have a ton to be happy about and these two not committing should not dampen our spirits in the slightest.

54. Eric K
    4:59 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

BBN calm down! IN CAL WE TRUST!! We are KENTUCKY!! GO CATS!!

55. justice
    5:01 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Hello#19 kentucky is a racist school too, the fans base hate black coaches too

56. Stan
    5:02 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

If we lose both, oh well, their loss.If they choose to go elsewhere,they didn’t belong here anyway. We will be fine, if not next year, the next for sure. #53, i agree completly. Oriakhi can make us a top 5 team with what we have coming in.Look in the rafters on TV shabazz and Nerlens,that is a national championship banner. Be part of the next one or get out of the way,your choice.

57. barn
    5:03 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

don’t forget about anthony bennett

58. TheN ewOriginal
    5:10 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

55/ Yeah, history has proven that Tubby was a stellar leader and that UK was only holding him back from success.

59. I agree with number 2
    5:19 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Well said Number 2

60. I agree with number 2
    5:20 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Send Mary Lou Retton or whatever her name is to Arkansas and grab him and bring him to Lexington ASAP

61. Ksrsellouts
    5:21 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

The truth is ksr is in bed with uk and will never really report negative views on them or loss their media credentials. The ho that apparently banged our ‘couch’ is a frien so they at ksr will not touch it.

Wonder how fast they’ll delete this

This is of course only my opinion with not facts

Allegedly

62. kentuckyjeff
    5:28 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Hmm just makes me think why Calipari would be on the show tonight if he knew he wasn’t going to get either bazz or noel. I’m sure he already knows and makes me think we’ve got one of them. I’d say Noel is a Cat. Bazz will go to UCLA for his family and they may make the ncaa tourney but will be ousted quickly just as USC AND OJ mayo we’re bounced there first game and will be an 8 seed probably hyping the matchup vs the Cats but UCLA will lose to the 9 seed and basically his college career will be a huge disappointment as UK marches on again to another final four. Hope your happy dad says Bazz

63. Beavis
    5:29 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

” the fans base hate black coaches too ” here is a tip for you justice,,,,take some ENGLISH courses,,,,might help you communicate something besides your ignorance. I am part of the “FANS BASE ” here and I could not care less what color the coaches are. However character is important and Mr Petrino has none,,,,zip. For all you people that think we need him for a coach,,,,I hear Charles Manson is up for parole,,,lets get him.

64. Beepthacreep
    5:32 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Drew you and the rest of the ksr staff DONT speak for the entire bbn. I personally would love to have bobby petrino at uk. I’m not one bit racist but guys like you fall in love with the black coach just like tubby and refuse to look at records. Joker is getting worse every year. Plus he is having a know affair with Mary Jo So don’t you dare bring up morals.

65. Clam
    5:38 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

UK football got lucky with Paw Paw Brooks. We will have to do the same after Joker. No “big name” coach will want the job. It will have to be a very untested person or a re-tread that failed at a bigger program.

66. Rut row
    5:43 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

63. Charles Manson murdered 5-7 people.. I don’t t think even he knows for sure (damn acid)
    Petrino and Joker just had a little extracurricular activity.. I personally don’t think either one deserves to be fired over that… It happens all the time in every profession. I don’t encourage it.. But nonetheless it happens..

67. I hope crazy fans actions dont backfire
    5:50 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

If hope fans, like the one who offered Noel his wife during the Final 4 didn’t creep him out too much. No telling what others have done on twitter account and facebook page. Even though the fan meant as a joke, it would weird me out. That would be a major factor for his change of heart. Some of our fans let their passion over rule their common sense cross the line too often.

68. Russelin
    5:59 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

All I can say is L1C4 bitches.

69. Jack
    6:02 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

49 a website where the audience does the work for you?

70. nassau65
    6:20 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

68, does that mean “Lose first to Calipari forever?

71. 49 chevy
    6:35 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

If shabazz picks uk will the scuttlebutt about his amateur status become a front and center topic? And if he picks ucla will it be mentioned again or just go away?

72. joe
    6:35 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

I love King Cal and absolutely despise Petrino. Even if we were guaranteed and SEC championship I would never want that POS here

73. Terry
    6:37 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

55- what are you talking about? We hired Tubby and helped him to the door due to mediocrity and we have Joker now. UK has hired minorities and they hold them accountable as they should. Don’t you hate it when facts get in the way of a good story!