This Jabari Parker video is… something.

And so it begins. To be honest, I never really had a problem with Jabari Parker. He’s a good player, seems like a nice enough kid, and it’s not like it’s his fault that Sports Illustrated called him the best high school basketball since LeBron.

But he’s at Duke now. And that is his fault. And going to Duke usually results in being involved in things like the above video. There ain’t no hype machine like the Duke hype machine, and based on this, it looks like it’s already firing on all cylinders for Jabari. So prepare accordingly.

Also, this:

That’s better.

Article written by Andrew McCarthy

23 Comments for This Jabari Parker video is… something.

1. daveragonsucks
    9:39 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

slash slash

2. Matthew P
    9:41 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

Two good videos. I’m in the minority and have nothing against Duke. I like Jabari, Coach K and wish them nothing but the best unless they are playing the Cats. In that case, I would hope we beat their ass.

3. Tom
    9:51 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

I can’t stand Duke basketball but I actually thought that video was pretty good…

4. David G
    10:19 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

The juxtaposition of these videos is highlarious! Good post!

5. Troy
    10:22 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

Marcus Lee jumps out of the frigging gym and makes it look completely effortless. This team is going to be the UNREALS !!!! Are you frigging kidding me ?!?!?!

6. Cleatonite
    10:24 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

James Young can freakin sky! Wow. Marcus Lee gets up like one of those halftime show Dunkers on a trampoline. There are going to be a lot of helmet dunks in practice this year! GBB!

7. Blueswade
    10:35 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

blah…blah…blah!!!
    1st flop and we’re all gonna despise him.

8. Michael
    10:36 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

I enjoyed the UK video more.

9. binarysolo
    10:42 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

Somebody should teach “Duke Blue Planet” how to mix sound in video editing.

“Let’s have the music turned up when he’s not talking.”
    “Oooh, he’s talking again. Take the volume way down on the music.”
    “Ok he’s done talking. Crank that music UP.”

ukcat8fan should go teach ’em how it’s done.

10. Bob Loblaw
    10:51 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

If this video featured any UK player it would be lauded here. You can’t make fun of it simply because it’s Duke, it has to be stupid in and of itself. More and more the writing here simply sucks.

11. Larry
    10:52 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

I see no problems with Jabari’s video or him for that matter. Seems like a cool guy who just happens to go to Duke (like someone who you know). Of course they have Wojo and others I do not care for.

12. Krispy Kreme
    11:01 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

Parker is a nice player, but NO WAY is he better than Randle. Randle > Wiggins

13. Beer Caps
    11:12 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

Hate to say it… but Jabari’s is a much better produced video. UK’s video dept must have gotten a good deal on GoPros cause that is all they are capable of doing. Where is UK8Catsfan at? His videos would tear this one up.

14. bigcatstanding
    11:18 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

Not even close Randle by far the better athlete not to mention James Young and Marcus Lee also looking as good or better than Parker, I do think he is a class act and a great kid though.

15. bigcatstanding
    11:25 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

just noticed something when watching the Duke video, when he was in there little 300 seat arena looks like they have like 30 banners hanging, I guess they hang a banner every time they score a basket, talk about celebrating mediocrity. GO BIG BLUE

16. Niklas Hjalmarsson
    7:52 am September 5, 2013 Permalink

Jabari is hockey fan about as much as I am a basketball fan.

17. Megan
    8:53 am September 5, 2013 Permalink

It’s not really a jump shot, is it? Jabari gets off the ground as much as I do, which is to say about as high as a matchbox.

18. Technically...
    9:35 am September 5, 2013 Permalink

Well Duke does have 15 Final Four appearances (same as us) so that might explain most of those banners…

19. bbr
    9:41 am September 5, 2013 Permalink

“Hate to say it… but Jabari’s is a much better produced video”
    Of course it is, becasue the keyword in your ststement is ‘produced’. The pUKe film was a scripted production. The UK film was a spontaneous, ‘oh my gosh, look how incredible these guys are’ video.

20. KBF
    10:16 am September 5, 2013 Permalink

I hate Duke and even I thought there was nothing wrong with the Parker video. He seems like a great kid with a good attitude.

21. goodcotten
    10:58 am September 5, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like Coach K wrote the script for the video!

22. RandyB
    11:20 am September 5, 2013 Permalink

Did I see a glimpse of #4 Jon Hood dunking? Hard to tell.

23. JR
    1:34 pm September 5, 2013 Permalink

A person would have to be profoundly ignorant about college basketball to think that Duke is a program that has to “hang a banner every time they score a basket.”