This is really happening. (Monday Show Thread)

As much as we’d all like to say it was only a bad dream, the reality is Kentucky is in the NIT and traveling to Pittsburgh to face Robert Morris tomorrow night in the opening round. We can thank Kentucky’s awful showing against Vanderbilt Friday night for the reason we’ll be watching the Wildcats on ESPN on a Tuesday during tournament time. It’s something Big Blue Nation isn’t used to this time of year.

On this morning’s radio show, Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond will discuss the weekend in Nashville and look ahead to life as an NIT tournament team. They’ll preview the Kentucky quadrant of the bracket and talk a little bit about Robert Morris and the absurdity of Tuesday night’s game.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Topics include:

— What went wrong against Vanderbilt

— The weekend in Nashville

— What is a Robert Morris?

— The NCAA/NIT tournaments

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Article written by Drew Franklin

246 Comments for This is really happening. (Monday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:55 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Almost all of the great wrestlers at one point in their careers had a reign as the Intercontinental Champion, or wrestling’s version of the NIT Championship. The Honkey Tonk Man always claimed he was the Greatest Intercontinental Champion ever, I see no reason why we can’t win and do the same! If we win the NIT, then in 2014 we can do what The Ultimate Warrior did at WrestleMania VI by winning the National Championship as the NIT Champions!

2. UK_JB
    9:55 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Well I am not upset that we aren’t in the NCAA… We won last year. I am still happy and we will be fine next year. But isn’t there a way we could play in a bigger place in Pittsburgh?

I really hope Robert’s brothers show up tomorrow, Philip and Zach. He can’t do it alone.

Best of luck Cards, Tubby, and WKU.

3. Fake_Sue_Wylie
    9:57 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

So will there be a pre-game show for the games in the NIT? If not, ill do them on my show.

4. Morehead Calln'
    9:57 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

First time in Cal Era basketball tickets are $20 and $15 — Hey, it’s cheaper than a Rupp Game!
    First time in Cal Era the arena only holds 3000 people — Hey, that’s about the size of the student section in Rupp!
    At least, Alabama and Tennessee are both with us, but then again, they both beat UK.
    This is horrible and no sugar can coat a turd well enough to stop the stink!

5. FinjdaDave
    9:58 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Going to be an amazing run – Winning the NCAA Title in 2012, the NIT Title in 2013 and the NCAA Title in 2014. #unprecendented

6. I luv sazeracs
    9:58 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I wonder if Cal still likes his team?

7. bosshog
    10:00 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

1, that is freakin’ hilarious, a great laugh on a day we need it!

8. klassact32
    10:00 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Is it time for football? Let’s at least start talking about football, spring training begins when? Who cares about the NIT. The more you discuss the more you think people care.

9. Laker Cat 18
    10:00 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

You mean the show today hasn’t been canceled?

10. Daryl Dixon
    10:00 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

6 – i bet his blood pressure doesn’t

11. Morehead Calln'
    10:01 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I’d rather get beat by IU, UNC, SuckVille, Duke than win the NIT.

I’d rather see us get beat first round in NCAA than win a single NIT game.

I’d rather see anything but this…

12. UK Fan
    10:02 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

This whole season has been a bad dream. This team got what they deserved. The fans didn’t.

13. Jeff Garlin
    10:02 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

5. Couldn’t have said it better. When Randal commits Wednesday things will look up!

14. Little Blue
    10:05 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Can someone tell me why UKs fan base is called the Big Blue Nation? The fan base is ranked 34th largest in the country and 9th largest in the SEC. It’s a third of the size of the top schools.

15. inlinefor9
    10:05 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

We had IU, Baylor, UofL to get to the NC last year. UofL might have St Louis, Duke, and the Zags. Wow. Murderer’s Row right there…

Matt please don’t take freakin Slapnuts’ call today. I can handle Handsome Jimmy or the Truth. Slapnuts gets on and I’m off the show until after the tournament.

16. Eric K
    10:05 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

#5 that sounds like the plan,#13 yep. GO CATS!!

17. wildcat
    10:06 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

robert morris is actually my 3rd great grandfather if someone makes fun of him you’re making fun of my family

18. inlinefor9
    10:06 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

#14 Huh? Please show me link to those #s.

19. UK2K
    10:07 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt I thought we were THE GOLD STANDARD, playing in a 3,000 seat gym is unacceptable. Athletic Dept could have asked for volunteers to help with Memorial staffing. The way the fanbase supported this team in Nashville,we deserve better than this away game.

20. Turner the Burner
    10:08 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt,
    Who do you think felt worse? Ryan Harrow after the loss to Vandy or Kel Mitchell after his SNL audition.

21. Chris W
    10:08 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

NEED HELP: I am a UK Grad who lives in Pittsburgh. I need help getting tickets to the game!! We need to rep #BBN – anyone who can help me please message me. I need 2-4 tickets to help our CATS!

22. inlinefor9
    10:09 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

HOW THE [email protected]@@ DO YOU LOSE TO VANDY!?!

23. inlinefor9
    10:10 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

The West Bracket SUCKS! They have such an easy road to the NC.

24. Navin
    10:10 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I take delight in Matt being bummed out.

Tehee….

25. Rural Juror
    10:10 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

The idea that we “could have made some noise” in the NCAAT makes me think of the “fool me once….” saying. I’m worried about advancing to the Final Four in the NIT so let’s not pretend that this team had a shot in the big tournament.

26. Daryl Dixon
    10:10 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Saint Louis will give the quadnils all they want and then some.

27. cats1068
    10:10 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt, IU and U of L aren’t beating Miami. They are good and they will have a chip on their shoulder.

28. Richie Farmers Mustache
    10:11 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Ok, being objective, Louisville got absolutely SCREWED. I mean really? They get Duke as their 2, Mich St. as their 3 and St. Louis their 4. I dont care about these “regional” rules… the best 1 seed should be up against the WORST 2 seed. Bottom line!

29. kickerky
    10:11 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Can we please stop all talk of 40-0 next year. If everyone remembers, we were ranked #3 preseason, and look where we are now. Time to eat some humble pie, and cautiously look forward to next year.

30. Morehead Calln'
    10:11 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I couldnt even write those names down, no matter…

31. that guy
    10:11 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Does the loss and lack of NCAA Tourney affect Randle’s decision this week?

32. kentuckyrules
    10:11 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you are just saving face. UL/IU fans are your #2 and #3 populous fanbase, respectively. My brackets are filled out honestly, and UL isn’t in the FF.

33. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:11 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Will we hear from The Truth and Kevin today?

34. done til October
    10:11 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Down my way, we know Robert as Bobby Joe. He’s got a brother named Les. We call him Les is Morris.

35. Richard
    10:11 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Grow up wildcat fans! You guys are a bunch of whinning babies! Be a true blue fan or move to Louisville or Indiana, they love whinning fans! I could rattle on about a lot of things I don’t like about this team but that won’t change anything! for the most part these guys are not even 20 years old yet. I really don’t want to be part of a bunch of fans who treat very young men so poorly! I really hope they come out and give 1000% effort tomorrow night! I hope both Cal and the players have learned valuable lessonsd. The main one being that all the talent in the world does not make up for drive, desire to win and a real team that plays together! GO CATS, YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO GIVE US 5 GAMES OF BASKETBALL TO BE PROUD OF!

36. trustB
    10:12 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

@Chris W, same here bud let me know if you have any luck

37. Sir Brandon
    10:12 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matthew worketh hard to make lemonade from said lemons.

38. Laker Cat 18
    10:12 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Heck, I could set up the first round NIT game at a local high school with more seats than that dump has. That comes with workers.

39. Just Saying
    10:13 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Why no staff though…UK plays Tuesday not Thursday

40. Morehead Calln'
    10:13 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

All time definition of CRAP and prime time to put salt in the wound

41. crb32s
    10:13 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

If you had told me last year that we could win the title in 2012, miss tournament in 2013, and be favorite in 2014, I would have taken that in a heartbeat. But when reality set in yesterday that we would not be in, I couldn’t help but have a feeling of being let down by our team. I know we will be great next year, but next year is a long ways away. For the first time I can remember, I am looking forward to football season. Go CATS!

42. Good Question
    10:13 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt,

As a fan, I really enjoyed the preview you gave of UK’s roster last week. However, the one player that was notably absent from that roster was Ryan Harrow. You included almost everyone coming back except for Harrow (with Noel going to the NBA).

As Mike Pratt noted on the pre-game, these kids talk and listen to the radio. Assuming Ryan Harrow was listening or caught wind of your predictions prior to the Vandy game, how do you think that made him feel?

Do you think that maybe it would have been better to talk about next year after the SEC tournament. Or at least not throw our point guard under the proverbial bus?

Just a thought. Still a fan.

Thanks

43. Daryl Dixon
    10:14 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

35-I live in louisville and bleed blue. So you’re argument is pointless. Drop the high-and-mighty schtick.

44. lakesidecatsfan
    10:14 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

38) high school gym floor is a different size than a college court

45. Rural Juror
    10:14 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I noticed Brooks Downing (previously with UK Athletics) was questioning the ability to host at Memorial…he runs an event management company in Lexington and could’ve done it if UK Athletics had just called (based on what he said).

46. Roland
    10:14 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Really? You guys have never even seen Robert Morris in the tournament B4?
    Usually a 16 seed.
    Actually won a game (1980 something) but not as a 16th seed.

47. Daryl Dixon
    10:14 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

and auto-correct just burned me. you’re-your.

48. Bmac
    10:15 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

So if Kentucky wins the NIT, will they hang a banner for it? Should they?

49. Richie Farmers Mustache
    10:15 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Bottom line: UK had 4 games to solidify their NCAA tournament spot.

@ Arkansas – we lost
    @ Georgia – we lost
    @ Tenn – we lost
    Vandy in SEC – we lost

there you have it!

50. John Juan
    10:17 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

How can you say Cal doesn’t have Calipari players when he recruited who he wanted, and took in transfers he chose. Cal scouted and vetted these guys so he can say they aren’t his kinda guys.

51. Delk for 3
    10:17 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I’m not upset whatsoever anymore. I mean seriously, the boys would have lost early anyway. We would have been done this week regardless.

52. BG is back and alive
    10:17 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Well, maybe AP and AG will think this is an AAU game and finally show up and play. What a way to end the season. The media is having a field day. Why? just pack up the equipment and go home. Time for this season to be over. This group is not capable of extending the season any futher. Sad day for me a true blue CAT fan, but there is this thing called “Reality.”

53. jsh2001
    10:18 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Anyone have any luck with tickets yet? Got through on the voicemail but anxiously awaiting a return call. I live in Pittsburgh and hope to take my son, always thought his first game would be in Rupp but I guess a 3000 seat gym in Pittsburgh will do if we are lucky enought to get some tickets.

54. UKcatNKy
    10:18 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Was in Nashville over the weekend and while eating brunch Conway Twitty’s song “never been that far” came on and I instantly thought of KSR.

55. Kidnut
    10:18 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I think this next game is where the team will turn its season around.

56. Porcino's
    10:19 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Could not possibly care less about the NCAA Tournament this year. Will not watch a single game or follow it whatsoever.

57. cats1068
    10:19 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I could care less about the tournament. After UK lost on Fri, I boycotted the rest of the weekend. And I have NEVER ever done that before. I am so ready for basketball season to be over. This team makes me mad. It’s not worth it that your entertainment makes you mad.

58. Delk for 3
    10:19 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

My attention has now turned to what could be as big a win as a bid to the NCAA Tournament: Julius Randle. If we get this elite talent we are sure to be a team that is downright frightening.

59. Another Good Question
    10:20 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt,

The Kentucky documentary from lat night was very good, but left out the Tubby era completely, that just struck me as odd, your thoughts?

60. JACK TUNNEY
    10:20 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

It sucks that UK isn’t in but with this even field it’ll be a good tournament. It’ll be nice to sit back, relax and enjoy it with no stress.

61. RealCatsFan
    10:21 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt, does the performance of the freshmen on this team make you want to back off a little bit on your talk of a possible 40-0 season next year? I can’t see it happening after this year.

62. Grape Vine
    10:21 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Dave Telep is reporting Julius Randle to Kansas.

63. huntin chickens
    10:22 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Man,im so depressed. still love my cats tho

64. Ssmhh
    10:23 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

If its and butts were candy nuts

65. FinjaDave
    10:23 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

#35 Richard – We all hope the team comes out and gives maximum effort, or for that matter, any effort. But after 30+ games this season what makes you think they’ll start now, after such a demoralizing weekend? We will all be in front of our TV’s Tuesday, rooting for our Cats and hoping for the best. But we are also going to be HONEST and call it as we see it about their basketball abilities. That doesn’t make the players bad people. BTW, its a 32-team tourney so there’s only 4 games to win it all, not 5. And please learn how to spell “whining.”

66. Redbull
    10:23 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

NCAA – I do care that someone – ANYONE – beats Louisville.

Question: Has Louisville ever made it out of the weekend when Rupp Arena hosted any of their games? I don’t think so.

67. Daryl Dixon
    10:23 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

this is not a day for john short’s version of positivity

68. Richie Farmers Mustache
    10:24 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

50 – The big difference in the 2012 recruiting class was that there was 1 Calipari caliber PG in the class. Marcus Smart, who was absolutely set on Oklahoma St. There was none other than that. Teauge left, which I understand and Cal had a void to fill… We missed on Oriakhi, Bennett and Shabazz… we just didnt get who we wanted.

69. Ssmhh
    10:24 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I hate John Short

70. 5000
    10:24 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Robert Morris by 10 big ens

71. Daryl Dixon
    10:25 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TONY VANETTI

72. This Is It...
    10:26 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt…You are off your rocker…Look at Archie Goodwins stat line NOT A. Poythress and you will see the problem with this team for the entire year…Cal under utilized AP and just let AG run wild…HE was the cancer on this team…

73. The Captain
    10:26 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Hey Matt,are the brackets you have for people to fill out are nit brackets aren’t they?

74. True blue
    10:26 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I want to support the Cards, they seem to have some genuinely good guys on the team, but their fans are making it really hard. Can’t believe how much chirping they’re doing given that they haven’t won a title since 1986. As a refresher for any Card trolls, here’s the deal since ’86:

UL – 2 final fours – that’s it
    UK – 6 final fours – three titles, one runner up.

75. Roland
    10:27 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

FYI Robert Morris NCAA history:
    1982 12 seed vs 5 IU 94-62
    1983 open round win v ga southern 64-54, 12 v 5 Purdue
    1989 16 v 1 ariz 94 60
    1990 16 v 2 Kansas 79- 71
    1992 16 v 1 UCLA 73- 53
    2009 15 v 2 Mich St. 77-62
    2010 15 v 2 Villanova 73 70 (OT)

source:http://issuu.com/rmuathletics/docs/2012-13_rmu_mbb-web?DB_OEM_ID=13900&mode=embed&layout=http%3A%2F%2Fskin.issuu.com%2Fv%2Flight%2Flayout.xml&showFlipBtn=true

76. Daryl Dixon
    10:27 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Chester, I want the drugs you are on. They must be amazing.

77. Cal'sDoOver
    10:27 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

If Cal had to do it over again, he would not have had ESPN do All-Access with this team. It exposed Harrow & Poythress personalities. Neither recovered from the exposure.

78. Just Can't Do It
    10:27 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

You know, I’m a lifelong Cats fan, and actually went to UL on an academic scholly (yep, had to hold my nose on that one). I try to be a “good” fan during the year, don’t actually pull for Louisville, but try not to be a hater either. Living in Louisville, I have lots of friends and family who are UL fans. I was preparing myself to actually hope they win the title so it can at least stay in the state lines. However, after one day of hearing all the media gloating for UL and IU, I just can’t do it. I find myself hoping that they will both crash and burn in the first two rounds of the tournament (along with Duke, Kansas and UNC). I can then watch the rest of the tourney with detached amusement as a team that has never won it comes through for their first championship.

79. L2C8
    10:27 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Hey, I’m not upset with making the NIT, I think that is fare. As far as UL and IU fans smirking, I got 1 thing to say, GET US WHILE YOU CAN!!! I will say this, I will be pulling for MIchigan St. to come out of the Midwest. GO SPARTANS beat those DIRTY BIRDS!!!! #WEAREUK

80. Sir Brandon
    10:28 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

If Nerelens avoideth injury, this wouldst be a different discussion.

81. Breaking News
    10:28 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Chester predicts that UK will win the NIT. Write it down Maaaaattttt.

82. Richie Farmers Mustache
    10:28 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Cal needs to show Alex Poythress the video of Montrezl Harrel vs. Syracuse. Thats how ALEX is SUPPOSED TO PLAY.

Chester, UK DOESNT DESERVE TO BE IN!

like i said before:

UK had 4 games to solidify their NCAA tournament spot.

@ Arkansas — we lost
    @ Georgia — we lost
    @ Tenn — we lost
    Vandy in SEC — we lost

there you have it!

83. BlueRedNeck
    10:29 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Chester has his tin hat on too tight this morning! Hey Chester, I think I just heard one of them drone thingies! Look – black helicopter! Run!

84. UK2K
    10:29 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Chester although crazy, has a point

85. KCK
    10:29 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

God, Chester SUCKS. He is the worst caller ever. His calls are hilarious but for all the wrong reasons. He is the worst type of fan; liberal socialism? Wipe the floor with anybody? The same team that laid that egg against Georgia and Vanderbilt? Go take a long walk off a short cliff, Chester.

86. Navin
    10:29 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Nice grammar, Chester. Way to represent BBN.

Hee haw!!!!!!

87. Laker Cat 18
    10:29 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

72. You need to be drug tested. Goodwin was way more consistent than Poythress. Goodwin single handily kept us on games. Poythress wouldn’t take control of any game. He’s a follower, not a leader.

88. The Captain
    10:29 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt, what have we done to desire this? First a sugar bowl win and now number one seed and possible ncaa win.

89. The Blue Goose
    10:29 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Chester – the voice of reason.

90. DrSayre
    10:29 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Chester with a Call of the Year nominee!

91. L2C8
    10:30 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I was listening to 790 am this morning @ 6:30 and he was ticked that the Defending Cahmps don’t get to defend their Championship, then he tooks calls and wouldn’t you know the 1ST CALL WAS A UL FAN, AND HE WAS COMPLAINING SAYING UL GOT SCREWED. So he said, UL GOT THE OVERALL #1 SEED and your calling and complaining, LOLOLOL WOW. UL JUST DON’T GET IT. I laughed my BUTT OFF. CARDS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

92. BlueRedNeck
    10:30 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

82, I’m really hoping that Montrezl Harrell will have a good tourney and then declare after this year. Also, look for Blackshear, Behanan, Smith and Dieng to throw their hats in the ring.

93. cats1068
    10:30 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt, why don’t you mention Miami. They have a PG, good shooters, an inside game and they are experienced. That’s a good recipe to beat IU and U of L. Just saying….

94. Smitty
    10:31 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt,
    Do they take injury into consideration? The chair said that UK didn’t perform well after losing Noel and basically it boiled down to what we did after that…… Did the first 3/4 of the season not matter? Also, we had our 2 best wins without him

95. Breaking News
    10:31 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Chester predicts that UK will win the NIT. Write it down Maaaaattttt.

96. Jack Nicklaus
    10:31 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

NCAA is just like a politician….say one thing and then deny ever saying it.

97. Richie Farmers Mustache
    10:31 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I think Cal mis-used Alex Poythress. Cal played him like a Terrence Jones, but Terrence had a much better handle and could penetrate much better. Cal should have played Alex how Pitino played Harrel. Stick his ass on the block…

98. What did he say wrong?
    10:31 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

The libs act like everyone should be on a level playing field. NEWSFLASH!! They are not. People work harder than others, and are BETTER than others. “OH ITS NOT FAIR” WAH! WAH! WAH! Whiny bitches!!

99. Bluegrass
    10:31 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

How good was the UK documentary last night? I REALLY enjoyed it. Gave me goosebumps. It made me remember why I bleed blue!

100. This Is It...
    10:32 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

How about dd losses at HOME…Villanova Wildcats…Ala+22…Columbia+18…Temple+15…UL+19 in BE tourney…

101. kentuckyrules
    10:33 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

#82: Who you lose to is not the point. It’s comparing the who the OTHERS have lost to also. Look at Oklahoma: a 10 seed???? 11 losses, did not BEAT ANYONE except Kansas one time. They went 6-6 in February, INCLUDING A LOSS TO TCU AT THE END OF THE SEASON! That is what makes some UK fans mad.

102. Eric K
    10:33 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Yes it’s been a down year, Alex never showed up, Ryan is not a UK player, Mays is not a UK player, a good Goodwin good, bad Goodwin bad, We lost the best shotblocker in the country 3/4’s into the year. Kyle, soft,slow,can’t guard a fence post. Damn Chester is going off! CAL we get this right. The Nit is the start of practice for next year bench players. Everyone back but Noel and Harrow won’t be back. Going to add Randle on wednesday! IN CAL WE TRUST!! GO CATS!!

103. Paul Ryan
    10:33 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Obama must be on the ncaa selection comm!!!

104. This Is It...
    10:33 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

#97…Yes…Yes…Yes

105. Chester's wife's love child
    10:33 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

My moms husband is nuts.

106. UKfanFelicia
    10:33 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Louisville Fans do us all a favor and take Tony Vanetti advice while enjoying the tourney also take part in the Vasectomy Madness…

107. luv-Lemond
    10:33 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Guys dont forget, Cal has made A LOT of enemies at the NCAA especially with all of his talk about (4) Super Conferences & the secession from the NCAA. He will NEVER get ANY favors from them.

108. UK2K
    10:34 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Chester=Merica

109. KRAMER
    10:34 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Go Zags!!

110. chris
    10:34 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

So you are saying WKU beat us twice Football and out of the tourney.

111. Azubuike's Bicep
    10:35 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Who is the team that had an RPI of around 49 and only 3 losses that didn’t get in? They were the REAL snub.

112. Dougie Fresh
    10:35 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Hey Matt! WKU did not beat Middle Tennessee State. FIU did! Coached by none other than one Richard Pitino! UGH!!

113. Porcino's
    10:35 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Here’s the sad thing. None of the UK players will have any desire at ALL to play at Robert Morris tomorrow night. Robert Morris’ players will be on their A+ game because they get Kentucky on their home court.

Robert Morris – 73
    Kentucky – 61

114. Daryl Dixon
    10:36 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

matt brings on vanetti. why oh why would you want to rub more salt in the wounds?

115. J-Huh
    10:36 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt, tweeted this earlier, but I’m curious if you feel any regret about talking transfer for some players before the season was over/ day before a make or break game? How does that benefit anyone? Particularly for a PG with confidence issues.

With your power/voice in BBN, you have more responsibility now. Given the risk of that getting back to the player, doesn’t seem worth it in my eyes.

116. Big D
    10:36 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

You ask if we care about the ncaa, didn’t watch the show, have not seen a bracket and will avoid it. no reason to watch espn or anything else like that. Middle Tennessee beat us in an opening round game in Nashville, then Louisville beat them by 30 1982

117. Homestead Fred
    10:37 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

WKU did not beat MTSU in the Sun Belt Tournament. FIU did. WKU beat MTSU in the regular season.

118. WestWorld
    10:37 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Go Jack Rabbits of South Dakota State!

119. Richie Farmers Mustache
    10:37 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I hope U of L wins, and I’m a HUGE UK fan.

1) Duke has 5 titles – 6 if they win it which is striking distance to us
    2) Indiana has 5 titles – 6 if they win it which is striking distance to us
    3) Louisville has 2 titles – 3 if they win it, which is still a far cry from 8

and I think itd be cool to keep it in the state

120. Kidnut
    10:37 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I agree with Vanetti on this point

121. RealCatsFan
    10:38 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

OK, fair enough, UK had their chances to get in and didn’t do it. But this should end once and for all any talk that UK gets any kid of favoritism by the NCAA at all.

122. This Is It...
    10:38 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

#87…You are proof positive that drugs affect people’s brains…CK Archie Goodwins stat line+his A/TO ratio to that of AP and tell different…AG had 30 more fg than AP , but took 130 more shots and has the worst stat line of any starter on the team…

123. kentuckyrules
    10:38 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

#111: Stephen F Austin – 4 losses, were ranked thru the year, made NIT b/c NW ST beat them in Conf tourney (my alma matter!!!) 🙂 Go Demons!! and GO CATS!

124. Daryl Dixon
    10:38 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

pffffft. iu doesn’t know how to win in pressure situations. florida will choke like they always do. u of l better hope they don’t have a bad offensive game cause that will crush them. this field is wiiiiiiiiiiide open, like sypher open.

125. inlinefor9
    10:39 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I DON’T LISTEN TO THIS SHOW TO HEAR F’N UOFL FANS.

126. Kidnut
    10:39 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt is so wrong on this point

127. cats1068
    10:39 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

119- Puke has 4 titles not 5

128. Morehead Calln'
    10:39 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matts been drinkin the Suckville water tooo long…

129. RealCatsFan
    10:39 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

119, I would much rather see a Cinderella like Miami of Gonzaga win it.

130. Eric K
    10:39 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

The turds WILL NOT WIN the ship!! Never under Mr. 15 seconds! GO CATS!!

131. Daryl Dixon
    10:40 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

matt, you love tony. the rest of us don’t.

132. Morehead Calln'
    10:40 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

125 – AMEN BROTHER!

>>>>UL and Matt = Love<<<<<<

133. Delk for 3
    10:40 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know about other people, but I can watch videos and games of the prospects and have a great idea of how good they will be. I can honestly say that I knew Goodwin would struggle. I could tell he didn’t possess great body control and was a terrible shooter of the basketball. He didn’t have the balance, craftiness, or touch and that was evident. You could tell that his athleticism and speed was great but he had a lot of room to improve as an offensive player. Regarding Poythress, I don’t know if you could tell that he would struggle so much but you could sense some things he would struggle with. I could tell he doesn’t play at a high speed and didn’t break people down with the dribble like most extremely high-prospects do.

All that stated, you can see that the Harrisons and Young are extremely talented and will be great scorers. They all have good form on their shots, they all can handle the ball very well, and they have body control, craftiness, and athleticism. They are, by all means, top-notch perimeter players. Marcus Lee is a freak physically and shows a lot of skill but how good he’ll be offensively is questionable. He will surely become a defensive star. Dakari Johnson is just a beast with tremendous strength and good hands. He will be an immovable object on the block and will punish weaker opponents.

134. Homestead Fred
    10:40 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Vanetti is full of it.

This time last year all he could talk about was how the pressure was on UK, and there is no pressure for Uvell? Come on!

135. RealCatsFan
    10:41 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Jesus! Where do we get these bumpkins calling in? It’s kind of like seeing the guy with three teeth from Eastern KY describing the sound the tornado made on the national news.

136. BlueRedNeck
    10:42 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt, if all those guys come back, who loses out on the scholarship musical chairs sweepstakes?

137. Daryl Dixon
    10:43 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

MKG was the leader of last year’s team.

138. Eric K
    10:44 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Our backcourt next year will not get pushed around by any team! The TWINS will bring it! So will James young, plus archie will be better. Can’t wait! GO CATS!!

139. inlinefor9
    10:44 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

AAAAAAAND I’M OUT

140. cats1068
    10:44 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

2 things that will keep U of L from winning. Bad shooting and a team that handles the pressure. Good guard play has always beaten Pitino’s teams. Remember SC in 97?

141. Daryl Dixon
    10:45 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

actually, matt, yes you did. kevin is right.

142. REAL INFO
    10:46 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Text from one of Coach Cal’s closest friends:
    “I saw 2 letters on John’s desk addressed to Alex and Archie stating that the University will not continue to provide them a scholarship to play basketball at Kentucky following this season.”

Also, from a previous conversation:
    “Ryan Harrow will not be returning to UK.”

143. Morehead Calln'
    10:46 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Suckville fan is an idiot

144. Delk for 3
    10:47 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I think Louisville has an extremely scary possible second-round matchup vs. Missouri — if they get past Colorado State. Missouri should be one of the nation’s top 10 teams but is totally under-producing with coach Haith. They have the nation’s most talented PG in Pressey and an absolute MONSTER in Oriakhi. They were totally whipping Ole Miss the other night for 30 minutes before Bowers started bricking shot after shot after shot. Mizzou should have won that game easily if they had played under control offensively and tried to get Oriakhi the ball. The only reason Louisville would kill Missouri (as Matt said) would be because Haith is a terrible coach.

145. NITs best year
    10:47 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Has any team ever won NCAA one year NIT Next year and NCAA the third year? Welcome to title town!! GO BLUE!!

146. Morehead Calln'
    10:48 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Morehead State beat Suckville – they didnt have good guards, they had Faried.

147. Big Rick
    10:48 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt said that Kentucky was a Championship team with Shabazz but without him they were more than likely a final four team, not he flips. Needs to own up to his comments and not back out when called on them

148. Eric K
    10:49 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

WCS,Alex,Goodwin,Twin,Twin,Young,Lee,Johnson,Willis,Kyle,Hood,Randle,Wiggins. Polson walkon. How about the lineup? GO CATS!!

149. Porcino's
    10:50 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

142. Bullpoop. That’s 100% bullpoop.

150. elkcity2224
    10:50 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I really would like to know how Missouri was a total lock without winning on the road and finishing 6th in a weak SEC but we were not close.

151. Daryl Dixon
    10:51 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

careful, 147. you’ll get banned from commenting here for statements like that.

152. Delk for 3
    10:52 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I just think Calipari missed out on recruits that he really wanted — a la Muhammad and Bennett.

153. REAL INFO
    10:52 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

149: I would post the screenshot of the message if it would let me on here.

154. Winston
    10:53 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Chester, Madison and Small Nutz. That might be the greatest call screen fail stretch in KSR history.

155. Morehead Calln'
    10:54 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

153 / 149:

save your screenshot and upload them to photobucket.com or the like and then post the link, that works.

🙂

156. Morehead Calln'
    10:54 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

and 142

🙂

157. Marquis Teague
    10:55 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

don’t give no f#%*s…

158. Morehead Calln'
    10:55 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

but they wont cuz it is total BS, lol.

159. RealCatsFan
    10:55 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

152, he wanted Montrezl Harrell too. But we all know Cal has recruits funneled to him by World Wide Wes, don’t we?

160. FinjaDave
    10:56 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Please Ryan, stop saying “has the dog in him.” Its a stupid saying.

161. WSFLWildcat
    10:56 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Remember when Cal said he wanted Ryan to be the best layup shooter in the country. There must have been something to that.

162. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:56 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Harrow played well last year because there was no pressure. He couldn’t get on the floor if he wanted to and he knew it. There was no fear of failure, because he wasn’t eligible to play.

163. Delk for 3
    10:57 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

150 — They didn’t do much more than us, but they beat Illinois, VCU, and Stanford each on a neutral court. Those wins really helped them. We only beat Maryland on a neutral court.

164. RealCatsFan
    10:58 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

If we were going to hand out nicknames for the players on this year’s team, what would they be? I think “Mouse” would be appropriate to Ryan Harrow.

165. Winston
    10:58 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone remember All Access when Poythress walked out of the team room, looked at how many reporters were gathered for media day and said “Oh my God?” That was a warning right there.

166. Delk for 3
    11:00 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

If we would have played in an early season tournament with mediocre teams we probably would have made the tournament.

167. RealCatsFan
    11:00 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Time to change the KY Donor Registry commercial. Almost as bad as the recent commercial saying Joker is the football coach.

168. Delk for 3
    11:03 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

159 — Funneled to him? I wouldn’t say that. Wes helps out, but Calipari is a coach that kids want to play for.

169. Cal missed out on us this year!
    11:05 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Shabazz, A. Bennett, M. Harrell, A. Kazemi, D. Wells, J. Stokes, T. Lacey

170. bung
    11:08 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

we don’t score enough points to beat many teams…

171. Travis
    11:08 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

The “30 for 30” last night featuring Jimmy V and the 1983 championship team was absolutely amazing. Great story and now in my Top Five 30 for 30. Derrick Whittenberg was a character and I could listen to Jimmy speak for days. Impossible not to shed a tear. The highlights of the Houston and UL game…good gawd! Dunks on dunks on dunks. Also, some UL player got postered HARD by Clyde “the Glyde” Drexler.

Twenty-seven and counting…Go Cayts

172. Delk for 3
    11:09 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

The biggest problem with this year’s team was that we flat-out couldn’t shoot. We were limited to two kids who could make three-pointers and they were mediocre shooters who could not shoot fast enough or get their own shots off. Most good teams have three or four guys who can just drill three pointers with some regularity.

173. Laker Cat 18
    11:09 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

169. Yeah big bad Harrell is averaging 6 points and 4 boards a game. Take away the last game and see what you have. Hate Cal missed out on that one.

174. RealCatsFan
    11:09 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

168 – sorry, we don’t have a sarcasm font available…

175. inlinefor9
    11:10 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

#168 think that was sarcasm bc it’s a line repeated by anti-Cal people.

176. Chris W
    11:10 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

RMU is called Bobby Mo – not Bobbby U….Just sayin

177. Unit to tha G
    11:10 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I love how because I disagree with Matt, my comments wont get posted…Never said anything bad against him… but I guess ppl arent allowed to have opinions on this site…smh

178. Delk for 3
    11:11 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

169 — Stokes and Lacey were two years ago. Don’t forget about Mark Lyons, though.

179. RealCatsFan
    11:12 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I recommend a fine aged cheddar to go with your whine… 🙂

180. Unit to tha G
    11:12 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

UofL deserves more credit next yr

Rozier is an upgrade at PG
    Smith is very talented

and they will have a lot of returning players that are good

181. Tim
    11:12 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Ohio State would kill UL!

182. Delk for 3
    11:13 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

175 — I think you’re right. I just didn’t comprehend that sarcasm at first. Duh…..

183. REAL INFO
    11:13 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Well that took forever, but here is the screenshot… This proves nothing but that someone sent me the text though. Figured I’d still provide it because I know I’m not full of shit.

184. Unit to tha G
    11:14 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

You cant compare those years Matt:

itd be the same as Cal just different years:

you would be comparing UK 2011 FF – 2012 NT

to UofL FF in 2012 and title in 2013… or UofL’s year AFTER winning the title.

185. KyBlueRay
    11:15 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I think Louisville has a chance but what i believe might due them in is a tightly called game.In Big East they are allowed to grab,slap and hold constantly.They will get frustated with calls against them.Also believe Indiana is to soft!No matter what….Always back our cats!!

186. RealCatsFan
    11:15 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

180, I wonder if UL has a great season this year will that translate to more of their players potentially showing up on the NBA radar and going pro with the weak draft. Pitino has already said he is going to advise Dieng to go pro after this year, and I have heard a lot of noise about Russ Smith going pro too. Wondering if Behanan or Blackshear might also put out feelers…

187. Morehead Calln'
    11:15 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I dont “claim” Louisville, its a Indiana City….

KY only collects taxes

188. RealCatsFan
    11:16 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Forgot about the special on KY basketball. Does anyone know if there will be any replays of it?

189. Adam
    11:17 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

“Listen! Listen to me! Stop bringing your children to Zaxby’s! This is not your day!” — Matt Jones

190. PREACH IT #35
    11:17 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

To Daryl Dixon: Argument from Richard #35 is not pointless it is the truth. He is also not speaking of geographical position as an indication of fan hood, he is speaking about how Louisville/Indiana fans act in general and UK fans don’t need to act that way. We can all be disappointed in this season, but we don’t need to bash 18 year old kids. We can say that we don’t like to lose and leave it at that, and not go into berating kids. It stinks of being fair-weather and it isn’t wanted in the fan base.

191. Kidnut
    11:18 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you were in the right

192. Delk for 3
    11:18 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

187 — Cat fans that number in the hundreds of thousands live in Louisville. I live in Louisville. Your comment is stupid.

193. lakesidecatsfan
    11:18 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt who would you start tomorrow? what would you do in the second half if the those starters didnt put forth any effort in the first half?

194. BPM
    11:19 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Come on Matt, its Zaxby’s dude – not sure that qualifies as a restuarant. Its not like you were at the Sizzler or something.

195. ray
    11:19 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

What’s gonna happen to mullet cat’s NCAA ticket? You cursed us by not giving him the SEC tickets. (I’m only kidding, but I am curious.)

196. MrWildcat
    11:19 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt we went Elite 8, Final Four, Championship NIT. Louisville went out in first round of NCAA And again Out in first round to morehead. Then lost in final four to us. and then a possible Championship this year. Even if they win how is that better?

197. kentuckyrules
    11:19 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

183: Thank you for the screenshot. Some here will still call you: a) a troll, b) liar, c) idiot, or d) all of the above.

If that is true (your source, not the text) I wonder if that is simply b/c they are declaring for the draft?? I think your text is ligit – why go thru all the trouble just to make a few on this board ‘happy’??

198. Hazard Kidd-Katt
    11:19 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Drake was really excellent last night in the documentary.

199. UK Special on TruTV was Awful!
    11:21 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Last caller was wrong. The UK special on tru tv called Rupp a racist, highlighted Jack givens losing in title gam his frehman year, eddie sutton and the 3 year probation due to “paying players”, rick pitino and jamal mashburn losing to Duke in ’92, said nothing about Tubby Smith or the ’98 championship, and called coach cal a cheater and highlighted his vacated final 4’s at Umass and memphis. Am I the only one who thought the special was awful??

200. UK_Gr8ness
    11:22 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

MATT…. the Zaxby’s stop could have been worse! You WERE in Bowling Green and Western IS in the tournament. Probably a good thing those parents didn’t realize who they were being scolded by!

201. Travis
    11:24 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Will UL fans take pictures of our 2012 national championship banner, or all eight banners, so they will know what it feels like to be a champion and raise banners? Haha…Go Cats #1986

202. Daryl Dixon
    11:25 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

190 – i take offense that the argument was basically if you have a complaint about the season, move to louisville or indiana. i live in louisville as do a to of UK fans. stupid point. plus, the argument is soooo high-and-mighty. screw that crap. fans bashing players is one thing. saying the season is a disappointment is another. UK fans that just blindly attack other fans is just as bad as the ones he’s arguing against. fans can be negative sometimes.

203. Jack Nicklaus
    11:26 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Nothing worse than cleaning up line-beard remnants off the Rupp locker room championship floor.

204. Meamthee
    11:27 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Has UK EVER lost to the same team 2 times in one reason at home????????????????????

205. Rockfield, KY
    11:27 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Vandy didn’t take the fans out of the game, the UK team did.

206. RealCatsFan
    11:29 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Can we hope for UL to become the first #1 seed to lose to a 16, and get to see a repeat of images of UL players crying in the UK locker room? Oh yeah, forgot – they won’t be allowed in the UK locker room.

207. REAL INFO
    11:29 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

197: You’re exactly right. Right after I got that message I responded and asked if they do that for every player that declares. He said “No. Never.” We shall see though…

208. Morehead Calln'
    11:32 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

and they thought and I quote “We will destroy Morehead”
    remember?
    Suckville was beat by Morehead in the first round, so you CANT say 100% that suckville cannot be defeated within Rupp.
    There might be just enough *negative* suckville energy in Rupp to draw some sort of Mystical Power to allow a Cinderella to overtake suckville, it happened once before not so long ago and it can happen again!

209. Porcino's
    11:33 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

207. I still don’t buy it. No way. You obviously got the text, but whoever “Mark” is, he’s full of crap. Calipari can’t do stuff like that. He’s been harping “players first” for 4 years. If he pulled something like that because of one sub-par year, he would lose ALL credibility with players he wanted to recruit in the future. There is just no way in hell that “info” is legitimate. The worst that will happen is that Goodwin and Poythress will ride the bench next year behind the Harrison twins, Marcus Lee, and hopefully Julius Randle. He won’t just revoke their scholarships.

210. Morehead Calln'
    11:34 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Just remind suckville of there lose to Morehead!

211. Rockfield, KY
    11:35 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Was anyone at Rippy’s Friday night during/after the game?

212. Morehead Calln'
    11:36 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

213. PREACH IT #35
    11:36 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Daryl Dixon the argument wasn’t if you are mad move, it was if you are bashing players move. As UK fans we all feel like we got punched in the gut this year, and that is because we did and it sucks. My only thing is don’t hurt our recruiting by bashing players because players know about boards like these and it does affect some of them. I am not saying that you talk trash about players, I’m saying that you shouldn’t tell someone to drop a “high and mighty” mind set because they want to encourage our players no matter what.

214. kentuckyrules
    11:37 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

209: not to take sides, but things you say why he is wrong could be the same you are wrong. How do any of us know? Do I think its right? no. But, if you are not there to prove it wrong, you never know.

215. UKJon
    11:41 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I never care who starts, but I love when the walkons finish the game!

216. inlinefor9
    11:41 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Typically outscoring Louisville is the only way to beat them.

217. Grape Vine
    11:42 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Dave Telep reporting Julius Randle to Kansas! How do we like them apples? As a UK fan, I find the taste to be quite sour. Hopefully Telep is full of shit.

218. inlinefor9
    11:43 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Mizzou lost to UofL by 20. They present no matchup problem.

219. Porcino's
    11:44 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

214. Of course I don’t know for sure. No one does. But it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever for Calipari to do something like that. Pulling that move would do nothing but hurt his ability to recruit players in the future. Cal is a brilliant businessman. Doing this would severely wound his brand. Put yourself in a recruit’s position. Cal harps, “this is about you, this is about you”, ad nauseam. Then you see him revoke the scholarships of two players because of one sub-par year? How could you trust him after that?

220. Kidnut
    11:45 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

That last guy who called in was a poor parent, he should have made the call outside while smoking…leave your children alone inside.

221. Laker Cat 18
    11:45 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

“He’ll shoot your head off.” Wow. Not sure I want to see that guy.

222. Delk for 3
    11:45 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

216 — It’s been known to help.

223. kentuckyrules
    11:47 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

219- not arguing your point, just saying none of us know the inner-workings, and it would be sad to hear this be true.

224. DrSayre
    11:48 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

No Big House live read?

225. RealCatsFan
    11:49 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

217, yeah, he probably also predicted the Harrison twins to Maryland, Nerlens to G’Town, Wall to Duke, etc. Find another forum to troll.

226. Mike Honcho
    11:49 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt, Has Crean made your list of least liked coaches yet….. he looks like he smells like a dumpster fire

227. Delk for 3
    11:50 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

218 — No matchup problem, but I think Louisville will not beat Mizzou this time around by more than 10. In fact, I give Mizzou a 20 percent chance of winning.

228. Delk for 3
    11:51 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I’d rather get Randle this week than have made the NCAA Tournament. Mainly because I feel the Cats wouldn’t have made it past the first weekend.

229. RealCatsFan
    11:52 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I’m with Matt, as much as I hate the idea of listening to the Louisville fans, I REALLY can’t stand the thought of those flopping, flagrant foul flaking, net cutting after losses Loosiers winning it.

230. cats1068
    11:52 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I NEVER EVER pull for U of L! Never!

231. Morehead Calln'
    11:52 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Told ya -=- Matt Jones = Louisville fan, his own words
    “I will cheer for Louisville”
    NEVER EVER CHEER FOR SUCKVILLE< IU< DUKE< UNC< KANSAS,

NEVER, I often cheer for basketball and when I do, I cheer for UK and NEVER suckville or IU

232. Real talk
    11:53 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Uk is going to get run off the floor tomorrow book it

233. Crean to Matt's Girlfriend
    11:53 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I’ve been thinking about you a lot. A whole lot.

234. Laker Cat 18
    11:53 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

I’m picking Indiana if it comes down to them and Louisville. With Indiana, I can recover in a couple of years. With Louisville, we’ll hear about it for decades.

235. Winston
    11:53 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt may be the only person who believes Terry Mieners does anything but hate Kentucky.

236. jsh2001
    11:54 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Just got the call from the Robert Morris ticket office, there will at least be a little bit of blue in the crowd!!!!

237. Armageddon
    11:54 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

If IU and UL play for the championship, is there any chance that a giant sinkhole can develop under the arena and swallow the whole mess into the bowels of the earth?

238. Just Saying
    11:55 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Was it wrong that when I heard a private jet went down in south bend I hoped Crean was on it.

239. Delk for 3
    11:55 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

217 — He absolutely is not “reporting” Randle to Kansas. He thinks Kansas is the favorite, but he admits Kentucky is right there and that he just doesn’t know.

240. dcmoore28
    11:55 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

UK fans better care about the NIT, because if UK loses first round, Kansas could tie/pass UK for all time wins. UK currently only has a 4 game lead.

241. kentuckyrules
    11:56 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

232- UL has a better chance of losing to a 16 seed than we do to RMU…BOOK IT!

242. robuk
    11:56 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

If Robert Morris shuts down Ryan with a bump or two, then I think Polson can handle the Morris guards….said no one ever.

243. Morehead Calln'
    11:57 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

GO CATS!
    No matter where we R!

244. Delk for 3
    11:57 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

NEVER ROOT FOR LOUISVILLE! EVER! Makes me sick.

245. kentuckyrules
    11:58 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

240- Holy Shiite…you are right, only 4 games….whoa, too close IMO. Yes, we need to match them now! We only had a 12 game lead at the end of last season GO CATS!

246. Chris
    1:46 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Looks like you guys drove Sue Wylie into retirement.