This Guy is Certainly #TeamJennifer

ztnt

I like the dude pictured here at the game on Saturday. His “Goldberg meets Nancy Grace” mentality seems to have genuinely frightened those around him and whatever he is yelling is surely worthwhile. My hope is that he takes whatever subject was the center of his aggression (my guess is that it was the ad size on the new video boards “TAKE DOWN THE DRAKE’S AD AND TELL ME HOW MANY FREAKIN’ YARDS JOSH CLEMONS HAS!”) became one that everyone in his section now understands to a new, deeper level.

Article written by Matt Jones

25 Comments for This Guy is Certainly #TeamJennifer

1. spookykim
    7:55 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

That’s what happens when you give BTI free tickets.

2. bung
    8:08 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

is that jennifer?

3. UKGoBigBlue
    8:20 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

There is a difference between being a fan & being nuts, anymore it may not be a big difference, but there is still a difference.

Seriously, who spends money to watch a football/basketball game to just go sit on their fat a$$? Get up, do something, motion creates emotion. If you’re too old or just don’t feel like standing to cheer on UK either at Rupp or Commonwealth, just stay HOME.

TeamSitDown unfortunately has for the most part always been the norm at UK.

4. big tim
    8:23 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

#TeamJennifer 1434 team sitdown 112

5. Stand-up "Blue Hair"
    8:24 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

He was trying to get Mitch’s attention and tell him that putting the Ring of Honor names on flags you can’t even read is lame and insulting.

6. echo 1
    8:40 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Nice rack, Mr. Rage.

7. cats11
    8:44 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

This post is terribly written. That is all.

8. Samara Tass
    8:47 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

I was there Saturday – I was amazed at how dead our fans are when the other team is 3rd and long…hell we didn’t make enough noise to hinder the play calling/snap count/whatever…..it was sad. I admit our defense let us down on many 3rd/long situations…but we didn’t help much. We’ll be lucky to beat loserville.

9. AfterDinner Minter
    8:48 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Evil Kenevil is on #TeamSitdown.

10. Another Perspective
    8:56 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

I suffer from back pain if I stand too long. If I pay my hard-earned money to see/support my team, I think it is rude if someone blocks my view. I paid for a seat; not SRO.

11. Some Guy in Kentucky
    9:20 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

I am not sure he should count, because, I think he was yelling at Joker.

12. pji
    9:22 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

David Wells is a UK fan?

13. Baxter
    9:49 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

If you can’t stand up buy a seat in the front row.

14. rainman
    9:50 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Look how small his hands are, that says it all!!!
    Pu$$y

15. rainman
    9:52 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Look how small his hands are, that says it all!!!

16. GoBigBlue11
    10:19 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

That dude should be in a BurgerKing commercial look how tiny his hands are.

17. sexy in lexy
    11:43 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

My worst year… last year I had a super fan in front of me, and he would begin each play sitting. Then, at random times, usually with the ball in flight on a bubble screen, he would pop up (not cheering, of course) with uber-excitement. If I didn’t react in 0.07 seconds, I would miss seeing the result of the play. Needless to say, I missed seeing 80% of all pass plays because of pogo stick man. If you want to stand up, stand up at the start of the play and cheer (the players in the field can’t hear you stand). #teampogostick.

18. sexy in lexy
    11:44 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

My worst year… last year I had a super fan in front of me, and he would begin each play sitting. Then, at random times, usually with the ball in flight on a bubble screen, he would pop up (not cheering, of course) with uber-excitement. If I didn’t react in 0.07 seconds, I would miss seeing the result of the play. Needless to say, I missed seeing 80% of all pass plays because of pogo stick man. If you want to stand up, stand up at the start of the play and cheer (the players in the field can’t hear you stand). #teampogostick sucked.

19. bosco
    11:49 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

You were looking at his hands. You know what that means…

20. Fastcatercats2009
    8:37 am September 13, 2011 Permalink

#teamJasonennifer: He doesn’t like three yard passes when the cats are 3rd and 15. My prediction is this section will become much more standing oriented going forward…and the cats will rise faster yet…hopefully leading to larger and louder crowds. Leggoo.

21. Fastercats2009
    8:39 am September 13, 2011 Permalink

The kid doesn’t like 3 yard passes when it’s 3rd and 15. Leggoo…the crowd needs to rise up and get hype.

22. Tokyo now Tampa Satchel
    8:45 am September 13, 2011 Permalink

Going to a football game and complaining about other fans standing is like going to a rock concert and complaining about the music volume. There is an expectation that people will be standing and cheering at a sporting event, so any who don’t like this should remain at home.

My dad much prefers watching on TV, so he can drink beer and pause the action for his numerous toilet breaks and most importantly for him- hear the announcers. I, on the other hand, prefer the comradery of shared exuberance, so I enjoy attending the game live or going to a sports bar.

23. Roll Tide
    10:38 am September 13, 2011 Permalink

The new scoreboards are a little disappointing. Still too many ads!

24. Common Sense
    12:18 pm September 14, 2011 Permalink

This is simple. There are times to stand up during the game and times to sit down. For example, you stand up on 3rd downs (defense), you stand up for goalline plays, you stand up by instinct on deep passes, TDs, long running plays, kickoff/punt returns for TD, etc. You do NOT stand up during timeouts, on 1st and 10 after giving up a 3rd and long, or during any other anti-climactic parts of the game. We had a guy that stood up 100% of the game in front of us last year and was always drunk, and we were forced to move out season tickets. Its annoying, disrespectful and rude. If you dont have enough common sense to know when to sit and when to stand then you probably shouldnt be out in public without a chaperone anyways.

25. Common Sense
    12:19 pm September 14, 2011 Permalink

This is simple. There are times to stand up during the game and times to sit down. For example, you stand up on 3rd downs (defense), you stand up for goalline plays, you stand up by instinct on deep passes, TDs, long running plays, kickoff/punt returns for TD, etc. You do NOT stand up during timeouts, on 1st and 10 after giving up a 3rd and long, or during any other anti-climactic parts of the game. We had a guy that stood up 100% of the game in front of us last year and was always drunk, and we were forced to move our season tickets. Its annoying, disrespectful and rude. If you dont have enough common sense to know when to sit and when to stand then you probably shouldnt be out in public without a chaperone anyways.