This Guy is Awesome

Without question, my favorite non-UK student fan:

Article written by Matt Jones

22 Comments for This Guy is Awesome

1. Ed VanEtten
    12:52 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

I watched that game. Made me want to go to Utah St.

2. TJ
    12:53 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

I live in the Mountain West Conference portion of the country–they need to add Utah State. That is a great atmosphere for college basketball.

3. WildcatFan
    12:53 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

Oh, my goodness….I LOVE THIS GUY! We totally need him in the “Erupption Zone”!

4. old-school
    12:57 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

“This is what college basketball is all about.” – love that line from the announcer. lol

Looks like a fun crowd and worth the price of admission.

5. Wes Henderson
    1:03 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

Utah State has a top 5 student section in the nation. really do, if you ever catch them on tv WATCH THAT GAME. regardless of how the game is going their student section is always a riot.

6. Chuck Norris
    1:04 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

“This guy is – on pot” there, I fixed it…

7. gossie21
    1:06 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

I live in Logan and the USU student section is incredible. I watched their game against NMSU from the press box, and it was the best atmosphere for a college game I’ve seen. If you got a chance to see the game last night you could see how merciless the student section is. I especially enjoy the “winning team/losing team” chant.

8. Older school
    1:08 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

That is freaking GREAT!!! Someone at UK needs to start doing the Shriek version of this and the first one should be Puss-n-boots.

9. Sheriff Buford T. Justice
    1:09 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

Fantastic. Thats one biiig tea pot

10. dhighdrated
    1:16 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

8 – yes, we need a Shriek version

11. UKFan in GA
    1:17 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

We need one of the blue hairs doing this in Rupp….

12. TJ
    1:17 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

I just forwarded the video to the Dir of Marketing at Mountain West Conference. Seriously, MWC declined inviting this school to join? They have a decent football team as well…

13. dave
    1:29 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

Funnier the first time on Deadspin. At least give credit for stealing links.

14. GoodLord
    1:34 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

13.) Shut up tool.

15. gossie21
    1:38 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

12. I don’t think I would call USU’s football team decent. They have been terrible for a while. But the fan support is decent, and at least as good as Wyoming and UNLV. USU should have gotten an invite. How can you not have at least one school from Utah in the Mountain West? Seems bizarre.

16. B
    1:39 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

I think the singing really did get to the shooter. I bet that would bother most free throw shooters more than all the yelling and hand waving that you usually see. Good idea!

Oh and Dave (13), shut the f*ck up. Do you not realize that almost EVERY link on the internet is linked from somewhere else??? If your just here to b*tch about petty sh*t like that, then LEAVE. It gets really annoying seeing all these idiots get on here just to complain about the writers. Like I said before, if you don’t like it, don’t read it. CATS!!!

17. supremecats
    1:41 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

ugh, clips like this reinforce how LAME RUPP ARENA IS…unless it’s a huge game(and even sometimes then), it’s the most overrated “intimidating atmosphere” possibly in all of college sports…and it looks even worse (more quiet) on tv…such a joke. but like my man scarface said, money make the world go round.

18. TheTruth
    1:46 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

That guy needs to touch Steve Brown’s moustache!

19. Al's IndiCats
    2:08 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

My guess is when the “Tea Pot” bent over to pour, he may have shown some cleavage and THAT made him miss… But that is HILARIOUS….Come on ERUPTION ZONE don’t miss out on a great thing.

20. Ukfan1234
    2:16 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

That has to be the coolest thing I’ve ever seen. The eruption zone needs to come up with something like this but totally different. Need to use our imagination, certaintly don’t want to be accused of stealing an idea. We get accused of to many other things.

I think at the Tennessee game we need to get a really fat guy and give him a good spray tan and use that to make fun of Pearl somehow. Maybe make him really orange an dress him up as a cell phone or a have him serving grilled hamburgers or something.

21. Daniel
    2:56 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

That is one of the best things I have ever seen. I am pulling for Utah State to host every single NCAA Tournament game from this point on.

22. The problem
    3:36 pm February 3, 2011 Permalink

The main problem with Rupp Arena and having ideas and familiar faces like this is that the lottery does not allow that consistency of the same students and groups of people. This guy gets to go to every game at Utah State and all the students that want to attend are most likely guaranteed a spot in that section. That doesn’t happen at UK. Thus, you have veteran student fans and rookies who don’t know how to act. Just sayin’