Yesterday was an unfortunate day for Louisville fans, but don’t worry little brother – I got you. Instead of kicking you while you’re down and telling you how I laughed uncontrollably for nearly 30 minutes yesterday, I put together a list of things to do this weekend since your team isn’t in the tournament anymore. I don’t want you to sit at home whining and sulking all weekend because your team lost in the first round (don’t even call it the second round) of the tournament yesterday. I want you to go out and have fun and forget about your team losing in the first round of the tournament yesterday. So keep your head up, little brother. Thirty-one other teams will lose in the first round of the tournament. None of them are 4-seeds but don’t look at it that way. Just enjoy a weekend free of basketball, because Louisville lost in the first round of the tournament yesterday.

—————————

Mic Harrison and The High Score at the Hideaway Saloon – Drown your sorrows in the sweet music of Mic Harrison and The High Score at the Hideaway Saloon. Kick back, relax, and try to forget all about your team losing in the first round of the tournament to a 13-seed.

The Louisville Zoo – The Louisville Zoo is always a fun way to spend the day. The zoo is open from 10am – 5pm and admission is $19.95 for adults and $16.95 for children and old people. Enjoy daily activities like elephant aerobics, lorikeet feeding, and the Sky Trail. Just stay away from the Eagles.

Free Throw Fridays at Churchill Downs – “Every Friday in March is Free-Throw Friday! A basketball goal will be located in the ITW area on the 2nd floor. Enter your non-winning tickets in the drum located beside the Twin Spires Club booth. A name will be drawn at 4:00 pm, 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm and announced over the loud speaker. All you have to do is make the shot to win a $100 wager voucher!” Surely you can shoot better than 7-16!

Norman Rockwell Exhibit at The Louisville Slugger Museum – The traveling exhibition entitled Norman Rockwell: Sports will be making its way to the Louisville Slugger Museum tomorrow and will run through August 14. The show will feature original sports-themed artwork by Norman Rockwell, the beloved illustrator best known for his iconic Saturday Evening Post covers. It’s a good way to fit sports into your weekend since you don’t have any basketball to watch.

Put a chicken bucket on your head – Why? I don’t know. You’re the one who started doing it. I think it’s ridiculous.

Poema del Cante Jondo – Flamenco Talk presents Flamenco dancing at the Kentucky center, Saturday night at 8:00pm. Tickets are $22.50-$27.50. It’s the perfect way for you to enjoy a dance since your Louisville Cardinals aren’t dancing anymore.

Aries Spears at The Improv – The former Mad TV star will be performing at The Improv this weekend.  Tickets are $18. If you enjoy standup comedy, I recommend checking it out. It’s not like you have any basketball to watch.

“Edith Can Shoot Things And Hit Them”The Actors Theater of Louisville is running a play about a young girl who takes aim at growing up, staying young, falling in love and facing the consequences. The play is part of the 35th anniversary Humana Festival of New American Plays. Hey, speaking of shooting things and hitting them, did you see Demonte Harper yesterday?

Watch the Kentucky game at Big Blue Country – If you’re still interested in watching basketball even though Louisville isn’t in the tournament anymore, go to Big Blue Country on Saturday to watch the Kentucky game.  Enjoy tasty buffalo wings and cold beer with UK fans who are having fun watching their team play basketball in the second round of the tournament. Join in and root for the Cats because, ya know, Louisville isn’t in the tournament anymore.

—————————

@DrewFranklinKSR

Go ahead and tell me Kentucky only won by 2 if that makes you feel better about losing to Morehead State. I’ll listen, but I probably won’t respond because I’m busy doing other things.  Other things, like, watching basketball. L Yeah!

Article written by Drew Franklin

52 Comments for Things For Louisville Fans To Do (Since Their Team Isn’t In The Tournament Anymore)

1. Karl Marx
    3:04 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Other things for Turd fans to do…
    Trim line beard.
    Collect Crown Royal bags to transport questionable paraphernalia.
    Hit the switches in your ’64 Impala.
    Launder your ENickel and TWizzle jerseys.

2. TARD FAN
    3:08 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

We ghetto commuter school wannabes are in a state of butthurt. UK owns our ghetto azzes, we flameout early in the tourney every year, no titles since Reagan was prez and our coach lasts 15 seconds on restaurant tables. L yes

3. Assassin Number 2
    3:09 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

id be careful, them UL boys over at UL rivals said they are gonna sock Matt Jones in the face cause UL got beat.

It was funny when you told them to put a chicken bucket on their head, cause they actually do that. Ha Ha!

4. lpool003
    3:10 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Maybe they can spend some time on twitter tweeting out hate to Francisco Garcia or Earl Clark. They seemed to have a ball doing it to Terrance Williams yesterday…

5. UK number 1
    3:10 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

What a great day!!!! LOSERVILLE gets faxed by Morehead State. lmao Morehead??????? HAHAHAHAHAHA

6. SexnNursinHomes
    3:13 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Loved this post. Classic Drew

7. BigRudy
    3:17 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Picture me lollin’ so hard at Tennessee getting stomped

8. Hunter
    3:18 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Hey.. thanks for all the stuff to do.. I live in Louisville and sometimes its boring around here.

9. Boogiewoogie
    3:18 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

I just hope the hate doesn’t come back to get our Cats against WVU on Saturday. As awesome as the Louisville loss was, I really don’t want an early exit for our boys in blue!

10. kyeric
    3:19 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

All jokes aside, it is EXPENSIVE to go to the zoo.

11. Tom Jurich
    3:20 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Im going to the outlet mall to load up on some turtlencks that im sure have been discounted at least 75% now!

12. BlueFins
    3:22 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Or, while wearing the chicken bucket on your head, you could jerk your chicken.

13. JAYHAWKinKY
    3:22 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

I might actually go do a couple of those things, improv sounds fun.

14. Steve Masiello
    3:24 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Im headed over to stubhub.com to make some coin on these Final Four tickets I scored! Im not gonna need them now that we are out of it.

15. Bluecalizone
    3:25 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

The Last Nail in Bruce’s Coffin just got hammered. He is a lesson in the history book of life. It’s been fun Brucie.

16. Tobias Harris
    3:34 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

can I still sign up at UK?

17. Rick Fifteeno
    3:35 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

I think I will HEAD over to Porcinis to score some tabletop 15 second action. L yes

18. bg cat
    3:35 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

hope we win tomorrow so we can make fun of vol and card fans for another week with UK still in the tournament.

19. Stephanie
    3:40 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Love this post! Now you need to make one for TN fans. #1 on the list should be burn Bruce Pearl’s orange jacket. Bonfire anyone?

20. Jimmy Buffett
    3:45 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

This group looks too wholesome to be UL fans. You sure it hasn’t been photoshopped?

21. starchief5
    3:50 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

See how many family members and friends you can spot on the nxt episode of First 48.

22. What the heck?
    4:01 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Where are all the line beards in that picture?
    The guy in the black (on left) must have one that can’t be seen.

23. still in it
    4:02 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Vols fans:
    See Rock City, cause you ain’t shootin the rock any more!

24. Careful
    4:04 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

May want to hold off until we get out of the first weekend … We barely made it out alive ourselves yesterday and face a tough matchup tomorrow. Bad karma to poke at your rival and statistically unwise as well. Like Cal says, your team almost always loses when you taunt your rivals for losing….

25. blitzedanddazed
    4:04 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Rick Fiftino wants to to know what the girl in the front of picture has under her skirt.

26. Nate
    4:05 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Dear Young Beisner and Little Franklin,

You are both idiots talking some much shit about Louisville losing. Our beloved Cats only won by 2 points to Princess-ton! Cut the retarded blog postings about the Cards to Morehead St. That could of very well been us.

Matt needs to hire a new staff.

27. Hard Hittin' CAT
    4:07 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

8====D (Morehead St.)
    [{}] (Loserville)

8====D[{}] How’d that feel Loserville. hahaha

28. GummyBear
    4:11 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

It’s posts like this that won Drew the BOTY award

29. Bradcwo
    4:13 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

mic harrison can jam

30. Nate
    4:21 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

I hate being the “little girl” in my jail cell. But as TARD fan, us ghetto commuter school wannabes usually are. The butthurt is terrible over losing to Morehead. Now I am left pretending I am a UK fan on a UK blog. I know that makes me a ghetto moron but hey L YES.

31. Nate
    4:23 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

8====D (cellmate)
    0: (me)

32. j hood
    4:23 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

love it, good read

33. blitzedanddazed
    4:24 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Bruce Pearl is a snitch. There is not another AD (besides Tommy Turtleneck)that would not have fired this asshole before now. Hey Hamilton–answer the damn phone ! It’s Lane Kiffin (via Curtis Shaw) you dumbass !
    Tobias Harris will look just Scotty SmallBalls in three years. Just another Loser!

34. UK OWNS TARDS
    4:26 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Poor little Nate. Another closet Tard fan who cries like a baby since his school is irrelevant in basketball. Go join the OVC where you belong. OH wait….. OVC own you. Nevermind.

35. Big Cat
    4:30 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

26- Do you live in Louisville? No way I am civil in my dealings with tard fans.

36. LOSERVILLE FAN
    4:31 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Headn’ down to the ghetto after I deliver my last pizza tonite. Kinda down since my ghetto commuter school lost to Morehead. Ricky 3 Stacks chokes again in the tourney. Sigh. Once my parole lets me, I am moving on. L yes.

37. GO Blue
    4:35 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

LMAO That picture. I do not know which one of those idiots is more retarded. What a bunch of ghetto goons. Typical Tard fans.

38. cat fan
    4:38 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Villanova goes down. Big Least basketball at its best. AGAIN

39. nba
    4:49 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

They could go watch an NBA game at yum
    O wait jurich and pitino won’t let that happen

40. drewfranklin'seyebrows
    4:58 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

The Big East is currently 5-3 while the SEC is 2-2. UK fans are the last fans that should try to crap on a confernece. At least Tennessee had a good showing.

41. duhville cat
    6:38 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

…. ok, just a few things to say….
    — There are some funny friggin comments on here. You guys crack me up!
    — #10 made me lol. Seriously…. OL.
    — Great post Drew.
    — “L YEAH!”
    — Go Cats!

42. Junior Braddy is walking on thru that door
    6:53 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

#40 UK is 1-0 UL is 0-1

43. Fred Cowturdinal
    6:59 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Is anybody watchin my UwwL cryfeast on wlky? We weren’t suppose to win we are depleted with hurts and owchies!!!!!

Tom Jurich is my daddy.

44. Carl
    9:54 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

Good stuff. I’ve read enough crap from UL fans on courier discussion boards all year. They deserve all the crap they are getting from UK and others. They won some games they shouldn’t have and they stopped looking at the reality. Their team was not that talented. I still don’t understand how they beat UCONN and Syracuse, it’s like the coaches rolled over for Pitino, maybe they are scared of getting the concrete shoes if they beat lul-vul. 🙂
    GO CATS, take care of business tomorrow and get your heads around playing great defense against Ohio State without fouling them. !!

45. geodeuce
    10:17 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

You forgot a big one! UofL baseball is in town vs. Xavier (another first round loser). It seems as though the Cards are masters at non-revenue sports so this is the perfect for them plus admission is free (good bargin since they wasted all their money on their basketball coach) and it might be just cool enough to wear a turtle neck to the game.

46. dman
    10:58 pm March 18, 2011 Permalink

#10 made me lol too. Go Cats!!!

47. forgetENES
    9:46 am March 19, 2011 Permalink

Funny how all you redneck fags love to worry about what Louisville is doing. You must have a little sister complex! lmao

48. forgetENES
    9:51 am March 19, 2011 Permalink

once you girls lose to West Virginia (again) you will have nothing to do because the rest of this state, is a big pile of shyt! Coming to Louisville and spend the rest of the money you have left and stimulate our economy. uk is sad, Pitino made the shyt hole of a town/school

49. geodeuce
    10:42 pm March 20, 2011 Permalink

I forgot to mention that although it would have required a road trip the Louisville fans could have gone to the Sweet 16 in Lexington since Louisville has only advanced beyond the first weekend 3 times in Pitino’s tenure.

50. geodeuce
    5:03 pm March 21, 2011 Permalink

I 100% forgot the tattoo convention in Louisville March 18-20. Perfect for classless UofL fans and players.