They Grow Up So Fast

Anthony Davis is back in town, hanging out in Lexington after his Olympic Summer. He seems to me to have grown, but still has that boyish charm. Welcome back Anthony…remember to try the chicken fingers at Canes.

Article written by Matt Jones

15 Comments for They Grow Up So Fast

1. blairato
    2:49 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

What do you think is in that box? I hope he’s carrying his gold medal around. I know I would.

2. Rambo
    2:50 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

Black Socks? WTF? That’ll make your feet stink dude!

3. Behind Enemy Lines
    2:52 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

Cal has done a MUCH better job with the office than Tubby. Love all the balls on the wall. Tubby kept his office pretty plain. BCG probably kept his stocked with crackers, Dr. Pepper, and PBR, but I was never able to go inside.

4. AD
    2:55 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

LSU shorts? wtf

5. blairato
    2:59 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

I think that’s the Lebron logo, but not sure.

6. WildcatMike
    3:05 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

You realize, Canes was founded in Baton Rouge, LA (first one on the gates of LSU)…tons of Raising Canes in NOLA for him to snack at.

7. Axe Cop
    3:12 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

Dad jeans!

8. Sippy Sippy
    3:13 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

3. Unfortunately, BCG also stocked his ROSTER with crackers while at UK. That’s why they lost so much. :-/

9. pu
    3:46 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

8. I’m sure you’ll get some hate mail over that comment, but I think it was hilarious. Not sure how accurate it was, but it was damn funny. I know he picked up Jorts, which is one cracker I’d love to have on my team. Was he responsible for michael porter, or was that Tubby? I can’t remember who else bcg was responsible for and I don’t feel like looking it up. john hood? Jared Polson (another cracker I’d love to have…)?

10. Han
    4:20 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

9) Porter was part of Tubby’s recruiting class with Jasper and Stevenson, etc.

BCG did play Coury every game, though.

11. Voice of Reason
    4:25 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

I know what’s in the box. The rest of his payment. One when he commits and the other when he’s done playing. Surprised he didn’t receive it earlier.

12. RYNO
    4:41 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

8) WTF are you talking about!?!? If Dakota Euton would have made it to campus you’d be singing a different tune!!

13. Pu
    4:53 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

10 & 12. Thanks. I stand corrected. How could I forget coury? And I doubt Jorts would’ve been anywhere NEAR the player he turned out to be if he continued to be “coached” by bcg.

14. Linda Taylor
    5:10 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

11-It was probably one of his many awards. He never needed to get paid by KY because playing at KY ensured he would be the no.1 pick which meant millions. He just needed to wait less than a year. Doesn’t your team have a website for you to visit yet? I can’t imagine wasting time trolling another team’s website.

15. That's Racist
    8:22 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

#11 that is racist to say a black player would accept an illegal payment. I didn’t know you cards fans were so racist.