There Bobby Knight goes again…

During the Indiana/Georgia game last night (in which Indiana slightly better than that piece of gum Tom Crean ate off the floor), Bobby Knight had a whole batch of old man things to say. First, Knight criticized Georgia for taking so many threes with a classic Knight line: “I’m not sure there’s anything I like less in basketball than one pass and a 3-point shot.”

Whatever, just Bobby being Bobby, right?

What Knight said next really turned heads. After Georgia’s 6’8″ 230 lbs. forward Nemanja Djurisic attempted another bad three, Knight said:

“The next time I saw Djuricic taking a three I think I would’ve shot him before he got the shot off.

From anyone else, that comment wouldn’t raise an eyebrow. From Bobby…well, if I were Djurisic, I’d be watching my back at the next practice.

44 Comments for There Bobby Knight goes again…

1. SexnNursinHomes
    3:04 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

Bobby.

Guy never shuts up.
    Suprised he didn’t say, “I’d shoot that bleepin’ S.O.B with a motherbleepin’ bleepin’ shotgun, motherbleeping bleeping mother bleeper. Bleep you, you bleeping idiot.

2. mocha
    3:08 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

what an idiot.

3. Robert Montgomery Knight
    3:09 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

I HAVE DIABETES…..AND IT HURTS WHEN I PEE. WHERE IS MY OATMEAL?

4. old_school
    3:13 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

I like this guy. Lots of integrity. old school. like me. and angry, hateful and full of resentment. we could be BFF’s.

5. WildcatByTheGraceOfGod
    3:13 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

Truthfully, the old man needs to be removed from the public eye just to save some face. But every time he does a game, I lose some respect for ESPN. It’s sad they allow him to do this and thing he does a good job at anything. I’m not sure that comment couldn’t be viewed as terroristic threatening.

But everyone just says; eh, typical Bobby Knight.

6. Jerry C
    3:15 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

Same ole Robert.

7. Jerry C
    3:15 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

This guy is worse than Bobby Petrino.

8. Dear IU and UL, We are National Champs; you are not. The end.
    3:17 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

How is he not in the news for getting punched?

9. Bobby Cremmins' hair
    3:18 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

I don’t understand why ESPN still lets this guy call games

10. truth.com
    3:21 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

i would hate to hear what he would do to a uk player…

11. Jack
    3:25 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

Can’t be absolutely sure but the impression I got last night was that it’d be OK with Bobby if you assassinated the Pope, as long as you do so after a ball-fake! OK, General, we got the message; good Lord!

12. kentuckyjoe
    3:33 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

I hope the IU campus has a huge statute honoring the university president who had the balls to shitcan this ignorant, pompous, blowhard.

13. king cat
    3:35 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

hey guys i can’t bobby any more than the rest of you, but i had to agree with him on that one, djuricic has no business out there.

14. UKGrad83
    3:36 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

I heard Jeff Dunham was replacing Walter with Bobby.

15. D
    3:38 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

Why concern ourselves with Bob K. Makes UK fanbase look petty. Just ignore the man. Also, Coaching 101, you don’t pass once & fire a 3. Your big men will stop running if that continues.

16. kyeric
    3:39 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

Who really cares about those statements? I must be the only UK fan that this doesn’t offend in the least. Lighten up, guys, he was just feelin’ his Ensure.

17. BigRush
    3:42 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

Can someone remind me who Knight coaches for? Ohh yeah… He’s a commentator. He says things to piss people off SO he can stay on TV. No controversy = no attention = no more knight. Why do we care what this grinch says?

18. Bill
    3:43 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

Hope that guy doesn’t go hunting with him, we know how that turns out.

19. Regman
    3:47 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

I turn the channel whenever he is on..which is bad cause I have to miss some games that I would like to watch…cut can’t stand him!!!! Why does ESPN put up with this guy? And he is getting paid!!!!! ARUGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

20. ryan
    3:47 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

i do not understand how this man is allowed to make comments like this IF IT WERE ANYONE ELSE he would be gone…bs

21. Carl
    3:51 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

Unfortunately it wouldn’t be the first time Knight shot someone.

22. Musehobo
    4:00 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

Bobby has no reason to ever think about what he says. His employers are fine with him running his mouth. And since the whole stupid world has some kind of old school crazy “respect” for him, he’s only became more confident in his behavior. He needs to say something that will get him fired and get the whole world against him. Then again, he could say Hitler is the greatest leader ever and Indiana fans would still worship him.

23. bluebloodtoo
    4:14 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

#12 – Not quite sure what’s going on there. I don’t believe he’d be riding in the front seat of the cruiser if he was really getting arrested.

24. Bobby is insane
    4:39 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

He should be fired and removed from T.V.

25. smoke and mirrors
    4:43 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

Screw him,the next I read about him I hope is his Obit!!

26. Love it!
    4:49 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

Wow, and it looks like he’s screaming that line in the picture! Must have been a scary sight for everyone around…unless the picture is not of him delivering the line.

27. Bigbluestorm
    4:51 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

Good thing the ball player didnt have on those Christmas reindeer antlers people wear, or Knight probably would have shot him and had a excuse, i thought it was a real deer.lol

28. Hatefulness Is So Ugly
    4:56 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

If any one of you or I made a comment like that on air, it would be, as someone else pointed out, construed as terroristic threatening.
    I don’t agree with this whole notion that it’s okay because it’s just Bob Knight being Bob Knight. Have we forgotten so quickly how
    many young men he has ACTUALLY harmed? Real, physical harm? This is like Jerry Sandusky calling a boy’s basketball game
    and making a sexual innuendo about one of the players, “jokingly”. Bob Knight has actually hurt people. His comment is not funny.
    I don’t need to “lighten up”. What needs to happen in our society is that we do forgive each other and give second chances, but if a
    man like Knight continues to make a joke and a mockery of the actual harm he has done to people, he needs to be deprived of
    a place in the public arena, and he CERTAINLY doesn’t need to be getting a paycheck. I agree with the person who said he or she
    has less respect for ESPN every time he’s on again. They apparently don’t take the physical abuse against young athletes
    very seriously, either. All I can hope is that if they keep giving him enough rope, he’ll ruin his gig on ESPN. I suppose
    only God and the passage of time can ever shut the auld dame up permanently.

29. barn
    5:42 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

knight should have been kicked out of coaching 30+ years ago. instead he’s revered and enshrined in the hof and given a public forum on nat’l tv commenting on a subject he’s hasn’t been relevent to in 20 years. screw the prick

30. TNO
    5:56 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

26 smoke and…/ Say what you feel, don’t sugarcoat it.

31. Beavis
    5:57 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

Only place that gentleman is still revered is the state of Indiana. Says a lot about that place doesn’t it . I’ve been thinking about that,,,,,been thinking about that a lot.

32. Yeah You Right
    6:05 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

You got a point there Beavis. Indiana is kinda ironic that way. They claim we’re all a bunch of toothless outhouse-using wife-beaters down here, and look at who their favorite all-time coach is. It’s kind of like how if you see someone in Kentucky driving like absolute s#!t, inevitably you look at the license plate and it says “Indiana” on it. Yet they are famous for the Indiana 500. Not a one of ’em can freakin’ drive. I just hate Indiana. Everything about it. Those stupid striped overalls make me wanna kick those idiots in the shins. Frankly, I need to stop thinking of Indiana things now, because it’s ruining my digestion.

33. snarkster
    6:07 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

Plausible Deniability dumbass. Just take him hunting.

34. georgetownluke
    6:43 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

I agree with #20 – I change the channel when he is on. I also miss some games but his voice sounds like a rock in an empty can to me and, well let’s be honest – I plain don’t like the guy!

35. Stans4UK#1
    8:22 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

I would gather listen to a game on radio than watch it with knight cominting, and I do. I have very little respect for ESPN for keeping him on air!

36. kfund
    8:30 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

With all the violence plaguing the youth of the country one would think that ESPN would suspend him for such inappropriate comments, so they can protect their professional image…

While I’m at it maybe I’ll ask Santa for a unicorn.

37. BlueTexan
    8:35 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

The old man should be retired by ESPN…I mean, he’s just flat-out-bat-shit-crazy! He needs to be institutionalized.

38. CHUCK
    8:43 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

No one at ESPN has the balls to fire him!

39. calfan2
    8:58 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

absolutely right on #29

40. georgetownluke
    9:32 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

Looks like that one pass and a three point shot works pretty well for Butler! This is fun – watching North Carolina get carve up!

41. georgetownluke
    9:32 pm November 20, 2012 Permalink

carved

42. UK56always
    2:35 am November 21, 2012 Permalink

What’s bad is ESPN is allowing this dipsh*t to call at least 2 SEC games this season featuring UK. I called and complained. I was told this is pretty much a done deal so go and screw myselk!

43. UK56always