The UK Dance Team Wants Afternoon Notes

Good luck to the UK Dance Team this weekend! The girls just touched down in Orlando for the UDA College Nationals. They’ll be participating in the Pom-Pom and Hip-Hop divisions, two divisions we’re very familiar with here at KSR. We were disqualified from Pom-Pom in 2009 for performance enhancing drugs and our Hip-Hop team finished third runner-up in 2010 after a Jabawockeez-like performance to the “Make ‘Em Say Uhh” techno-remix. I still think we would’ve won had Beisner’s thong not been hanging out. Oh well. Good luck, girls.

Notes? Podcast? Let’s get it then.

— Coach Cal met with the media today to discuss his team’s upcoming trip to Knoxville. He believes that for his team to be successful in another road game, they’ll have to start communicating better out on the court. Cal wants to see his players talk more in these hostile environments and match the physical play of their opponents. Communication was an issue against Auburn and even the players will tell you, when they started talking, they started taking over the game.

— As if you needed another reason to love Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Coach Cal said today that Kidd-Gilchrist asked if he could come off the bench so Darius Miller could start. Kidd-Gilchrist has started in all 17 games this season to his senior counterpart’s six starts. MKG’s willingness to take a seat really shows what a great teammate and personality he is to have on this team. That being said, he still needs to start. No offense to Darius.

— ┬áTennessee announced that there are still tickets available for the game. Upper level tickets can be purchased at UTTix.com for $25 a piece. If any of you are going, please get to Knoxville early and ask some of the locals about that big tower with the ball on top. I think it’s for some old fair, but I still don’t get it.

Brad Nessler and Jimmy Dykes will on the ones and twos for the game. Drive the nail!

— Anthony Davis needs six blocks to break the single season record at UK. SIX BLOCKS. Someone on Twitter pointed out that Davis has more blocked shots than 286 entire Division I teams. 286 TEAMS. That’s RIDICULOUS!

— The new Radio Ron promo for KSTV debuts during tonight’s show. You won’t want to miss it!

— The KSR podcast widget is still down so we’ll have to do it this way again. Enjoy these and Caroline will be by shortly with video from today’s presser.

Hour 1:

Hour 2:

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for The UK Dance Team Wants Afternoon Notes

1. mikey4583
    3:30 pm January 13, 2012 Permalink

Gotta love MKG…but seriously…..lol

2. SexnNursinHomes
    3:33 pm January 13, 2012 Permalink

Orlando? I live there. Wonder if they want to go out and party with me? Ahhh, probably not, I’ll just end up masturbating to Animal Planet again…..

3. Darius Miller
    3:33 pm January 13, 2012 Permalink

“who me?”

4. Phillips
    3:48 pm January 13, 2012 Permalink

Is a widget anything like a wedgey?

5. CatsFanInKnoxville
    3:50 pm January 13, 2012 Permalink

Drew, the gold ball is called the Sun Sphere. It is from the 1980 worlds fair. You can go up in it to an observation deck and read all about it.

6. WhoNeedsTickets
    3:50 pm January 13, 2012 Permalink

I have 2 tickets for the Arkansas game next tuesday
    for face value at $75 for the pair,if interested
    contact Jeremy @502-338-2355 , I work in the east end of
    Louisville but live in Bardstown. Sec 230 Row R Seats 14 & 15

7. Whoofarted
    3:53 pm January 13, 2012 Permalink

MKG is the man.

Drew is a fat slob.

Louisville and Pitino are pitiful.

Point. Blank. Period.

8. Chane Behanan
    3:58 pm January 13, 2012 Permalink

…We just went undefeated………. on NCAA Basketball 2005….Told ya! Throw ya L’s up!

9. Crown Royal
    3:59 pm January 13, 2012 Permalink

I wish these UL fans would quit drowning their sorrows in me

10. Line Beard
    4:00 pm January 13, 2012 Permalink

I need a trim…….get out of bed and clean me up Mike Marra

11. Black & Mild
    4:01 pm January 13, 2012 Permalink

#9 and #10
    I miss you guys

12. kyjetblue
    4:10 pm January 13, 2012 Permalink

#7. I’m sure Drew will speak well of u too. After all, he knows who you are.

13. jus sayin
    4:24 pm January 13, 2012 Permalink

the 1st blonde on the left is legit

14. macon_volfan
    6:22 pm January 13, 2012 Permalink

#5–you mean 1982. You’re a youngun, so it’s okay.

15. That One Guy
    2:22 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

16. David in San Diego
    11:27 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

Matt, your points in the discussion about Kyle and journalists like Jerry Tipton are spot on and the reason many of us follow KSR. Most UK fans are long and tired of the journalists in the Herald Leader & Courier Journal, and other major KY media, picking on UK and writing about it in a way that would make a sane person think they are anti UK. If you stop running KSR in a way that is Pro “UK” and Anti “anybody that isn’t,” you will break away from who KSR really is. To do so would open an outlet for someone else to start out small and gain the audience who wants UK Sports followed that way. I want journalists who are out to bury or belittle UK sports to fail. I want journalists to admire and like UK to succeed. If you depart from being pro UK, you will change the soul of what KSR is and lose your most loyal followers. What you do with personal relationships with other journalists, on average, none of us fans care about. That is for you to figure out but I think when you see them yelp, its really a sign you are doing what us fans would consider to be your job. We don’t want the way they cover UK sports to be successful. If they change from their ways and cover UK in a positive light we would feel differently so its not personal against them. We don’t want to see them fail, we want the way they do their job and their beliefs to fail. Its the way they do their job and the product of their work we don’t like. We care about UK and want to see UK covered in a respectful, admirable way. Thanks for always doing that and stay the course. End point: Kyle Tucker should come on the show.