The Twins Get Their Lockers

BMQdPqvCEAA7Cea.jpg-large

The Twins lockers are in place. It looks as if Jarrod Polson agreed to give up #5 to Andrew Harrison (always the team player) and Aaron will take #2.

I do have to say though, I thought the Twins would be taller.

Article written by Matt Jones

33 Comments for The Twins Get Their Lockers

1. Awwh
    2:26 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

Jarrod’s a sweetheart.

2. Bobbum man
    2:38 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

Did nobody tell the Gillispie recruits their visit was cancelled?

3. Mack
    2:47 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

Stone cold killers!

4. Mack
    2:49 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

Polson is a TEAM player!

5. Doo Doo Brown
    2:51 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

I don’t like new guys being given things without really working for it.

6. Derp
    3:06 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

Anyone who objects can get out

7. Han
    3:11 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

5) Polson walked on to UK Basketball and has gotten a schollie every year. I don’t think he has a lot to complain about.

6) You don’t earn your number. It’s something players get all uppity about and that otherwise has no meaning, and if a better player wants your number, odds are they’ll get it.

8. UK2K
    3:19 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

8. Disagree, Polson is a Senior and has wore 5 all 3 years. Someone should have stepped in and stopped this when it was brought up. Never should have been brought up to began with, Polson is the Senior

9. CatWalk
    3:44 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

Are there people really complaining about a jersey number change? Is it me or are there those out there who feel the need to complain about anything and everything?

10. Polson
    3:48 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

I’m not complaining, so everybody shut up!

11. bigbluetrue
    3:57 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

Polson is a walk-on. End of story or any argument.

12. IDC
    4:05 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

I don’t care what number they wear, but it does seem selfish to me.

13. AG
    4:15 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

Walk ons are in the bottom of the pecking order. You’re probs just mad cause someone took your number in high school.

14. Doo Doo Brown
    4:16 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

No wonder these kids today have such a sense of entitlement, they have been given everything and have never been told no. Bros before hoes… and numbers.

15. Identical twin
    4:19 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

Give Andrew the number. While you’re at it call them by their names and not twins. Let’s make an effort to know them individually cause most twins are total opposites.

16. Deal with it
    4:36 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

You’re right he was GIVEN a scholarship, Jarod Polson only gets what he does if no one else wants it and if there’s an extra scholarship. The player with a year to year scholarship gets priority. Lots of these kids want a specific number and ask for it in recruitment.

17. Gotta say it
    4:54 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

It looks like the twins have been getting the same skin treatment that Michael Jackson was. Looking a bit pale I’d say.

18. Just maybe
    5:04 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

Polson should take #55 and say that its because he doubled his skill the past season. For a bonus they should get Jorts to pass the number down to him at bug blue madness. That would make for a good show

19. Just maybe
    5:08 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

*big blue madness

20. blueblooded
    5:37 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

I’ve thought the twins might need glasses & glad to see they finally got their eyes checked. it looks like they squint in every picture where they are looking at the scoreboard.

21. Jeffrey
    6:05 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

Maybe Polson offered up his number without Andrew asking? Since, you know, he is that type of guy. You all stop complaining, and enjoy the type of person Polson is.

22. Shaffer
    6:16 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

Agreed. This isn’t a huge issue and I’m sure JP would just give the number to the twins. Would LOVE for him to rock #55 or #3. Either would be awesome

23. Cousin Craig
    7:33 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

Letting the inmates run the asylum worked last year. Good to see were giving in to these guys early.

24. MP
    8:08 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

@ DOO DOO BROWN….Ever been in the Army?

25. Doo Doo Brown
    8:24 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

Nope

26. Seriously
    9:23 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

I’ve loved UK since the day I was born, but I have to admit I was pretty disappointed in this news. I am friends with someone close to Jarrod and I was told he was told he would be wearing #3. He wasn’t asked to switch. He did not offer to give it up either.
    The problem I have with it is that he’s a SR that graduated in 3 years. He mad big contributions to last years team.
    Besides Noel, no one hustled more and wore the jersey better than Jarrod. He has worn #5 since 6th grade. I just think it’s crazy to just hand it over without even asking the player if they mind.

27. St. Augustine Cat Fan
    9:47 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

Could you give us some info on what numbers the U of L guards will be wearing next year?!!!!!

28. Culver
    9:52 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

No way should of Polson given up HIS number for a freshmen, no matter who the freshmen is. Lost respect for the Harrison twin, Calipari, or member of staff who made him, or even suggested, he give his number up. He’s earned to keep his number! Gives me a bad vibe about the twins, same way I felt about Goodwin when I read and heard a few things about him before last season began. I hate prima donnas!

29. Culver
    9:53 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

23) Right on point.

30. C'on man
    9:58 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

16) GIVEN a ride, really! Polson has earned his ride and his playing time. You people bitch when in state players get passed over then ridicule one who has worked his rear off and made the most of his chance. Polson a proved he belongs at UK. Do you really think Cal cares where a kid is from when he puts him in a game at crucial times? Cal trust this kid and you don’t?
    I’m sure Polson was asked to give up the number and agreed. It’s not that big a deal, but selling this kid short is. It was clear at the end of last year Cal was more comfortable with Polson then he was a 5 star recruit in Harrow!

31. Excellent site. A lot of helpful info here. I’m sending it to a few pals ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks to your effort!

32. Kentucky
    10:36 am June 9, 2013 Permalink

If a player is cool with changing #’s
    I’m cool with it…

33. Amazing Muscle Worship
    2:25 pm June 9, 2013 Permalink

Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is important and all.

Nevertheless think of if you added some great pictures or videos to give your posts more,
    “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and videos, this blog could definitely be one of the best in its field.
    Terrific blog!