The theme continues: UK’s 2011 Media Guide

19 Comments for The theme continues: UK’s 2011 Media Guide

1. Sexington
    4:29 pm July 19, 2011 Permalink

Also the motto of Rick Pitino’s trousers

2. mudcreekmark
    4:30 pm July 19, 2011 Permalink

I like this theme much better than last years generic theme.

3. UKfanNKY
    4:33 pm July 19, 2011 Permalink

GO BIG BLUE the FOOTBALL CATS ARE ON THE RISE!!!!!

4. MtnCat
    4:37 pm July 19, 2011 Permalink

Tee it up and kick some balls.

5. Tiredof6-6
    4:44 pm July 19, 2011 Permalink

Anything 6-6 or worse is not a rise. So quit talking and figure out how to get it done. They have put alot into PR the last couple of years it is time to move up from 4th or 5th best team in the east each year and try to make some serious noise. I know it sounds pretty harsh but we would never settle for this from the basketball team.

6. uktailg8er
    4:57 pm July 19, 2011 Permalink

Has anybody else seen the Rise intro video? I did, and have to say it is one of the mist disappointing UK productions in quite some time.

7. CatWalk
    4:58 pm July 19, 2011 Permalink

#5, not saying I dont agree about getting it done instead of talking about it but to say we wouldnt accept this from our basketball program is a tad unfair. Like it or not we are a basketball school and always will be so to compare the two isnt really fair to the football program. Personally I just like watching the football cats while I wait for basketball to start but who wouldnt like to see them consistantly be better than 6-6.

8. Football Man
    4:59 pm July 19, 2011 Permalink

Come on up for the Rising! Now get the Boss Bruce Springsteen to do a concert after a game.

9. ky
    5:10 pm July 19, 2011 Permalink

the video for rise is kinda lame, i think you can find it on youtube if you look hard enough

10. the brown eye
    5:31 pm July 19, 2011 Permalink

I agree with #5. I was all jacked up when we beat Clemson and then FSU. Now it is time to STOP losing to the GD miss teams and UT when UT is down.

Rise and grab second in the East.

or does Rise mean your punter Rises off the bench on 4th and a p*nis length on your opponents 35 in the 4th quarter down 4 when you have RANDALL COBB and DERRICK LOCKE?

Oh and against a team you have not beaten since we had a real president

11. Sonny
    5:32 pm July 19, 2011 Permalink

Pretty sure the P.O.D. song Set it Off should be the intro music with this theme. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AQinrZyItM

12. PikevilleBlueCat
    5:47 pm July 19, 2011 Permalink

#5, lets look at your comment for a minute. I understand where you’re coming from, wanting to see them walk the talk, so to speak. But the media coverage here is lame for football. I mean, for goodness sake, recruiting coverage for basketball, for example, is 24/7/365 here, but just a few weeks before the season starts, and there have been relatively few articles talking about football. Some, yes, but nowhere near what it should be. I want to give the basketball program it’s due respect as a 7 time NCAA champ, but PR MUST IMPROVE for the football team in order to get word out to those recruits we want to reach. No offense to anyone here for posting their opinions, but recruits read these boards, and everytime they read one about football here, there are a LOT more negative comments than positive. If people who proclaim themselves as true blue fans would shout down commenters on these boards like they would shout down someone who would dare to say something like “Calipari sucks” or whatever, it would look better.

I’m not saying don’t disagree or don’t share your opinions, but man alive, give Joker more than one year to prove himself. At least he hasn’t been put on probation, been busted for violations, etc. like Les Miles and all the others. Joker brought in Randall Cobb, Derrick Locke, etc. So he knows under-ranked talent, obviously. UK has to take those kinds of players to build the program up to the point where they can land a Jadevon Clowney, etc. on a regular basis. And the media coverage can help with that, and SHOULD help with that by covering the sport on a near equal basis like they do basketball. Frankly, if I was UK, I’d fire whoever does their football promoting and hire whoever does the basketball promoting. This IS a football state, go to any high school game on a Friday night, and compare the crowd there to a high school basketball game. Fans here would LOVE a solid football program, and we are getting there, as the past 4 years have shown. The end of last year stunk to high heaven, but time to put it in the past and focus on THIS year. Just my 2 cents.

13. pop
    5:57 pm July 19, 2011 Permalink

i think they should roll with the theme: KA-BOOOOOM !

14. lol'n
    5:58 pm July 19, 2011 Permalink

i like stuff

15. LAME THEMES
    8:58 pm July 19, 2011 Permalink

RISE!!!! ONE HEARTBEAT!!!11 GAM3DDAYREADY!!11 WEEEEEE BEELLIEVVVE!!111!
    Im sorry but I find this stuff so lame, you don’t see the big time football schools doing corny stuff like this. Just sayin.

16. LAME THEMES
    8:59 pm July 19, 2011 Permalink

Oh and how could I forget OPERATION WIINNNNNN!!!!111

17. BigDaddy
    7:26 am July 20, 2011 Permalink

Uk Football: R.I.S.E to new L.O.W.S. 2011-2012

18. UKfanNKY
    8:43 am July 20, 2011 Permalink

#12 I like your 2-cents. Thank you and well said! GO CATS!!!

19. og68
    10:34 am July 20, 2011 Permalink

Pikeville blue cat,you gave a lot more than two cents!!POSITIVE POSITIVE!!!