The team hands out pizza and other photos from the campout

Twany Beckham, Willie Cauley-Stein, and Ryan Harrow in front of Memorial…

Alex Poythress offers a slice…

Julius Mays delivers pizza…

Archie Goodwin is a Knicks fan…

Alex Poythress looks at the crowd lined up for pizza…

Willie Cauley-Stein signs an autograph…

The ladies love Julius Mays…

Alex Poythress offers another slice…

Julius Mays poses with a young fan…

Goggles up…

Tara and Laura Leigh from KSR College…

See you in the morning, Cats fans.

Article written by Drew Franklin

37 Comments for The team hands out pizza and other photos from the campout

1. y2j
    12:23 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

Can’t wait for basketball to start.

2. this just in
    12:29 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

It has been reported that Billy Gillispie is on his way to the camp out to pass out test tube shots!

3. Chi-TownCat
    12:37 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

Who knew the ksrcollege girls were so hot

4. UKCATSFAN
    1:11 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

Is Harrow growing his own flat top? Looks like a miniature version of Nerlens! I still can’t get over the fact that he looks like he’s 12 but plays like a beast! I’m starting to hear that people around college basketball are starting to take notice of just how dynamic this kid is going to be this year. He has been steadily moving up on most all of the draft boards and I think its going to continue. I really believe that he’s going to be a beast! The perfect fit for Cal’s system! Plus, he has a year of learning the system under his belt! Watch out!

5. Linda Taylor
    1:35 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

Julius Mays is the leading candidate for best smile this year. He seems to be REALLY happy to be a Wildcat. It must be night and day difference from Wright St.

6. BigBlueFever
    2:32 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

@5 Linda, I was thinking the same thing…this whole team seems to be really happy and having a great time…I can’t wait to see them in action.

7. Seth
    2:56 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

Where can I get one of them sweatshirts??

8. BigPerm
    6:30 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

Sure hope Noel gets cleared soon. If the season started today, he would be sitting in street clothes.

9. TAXman
    6:40 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

Poythress looks like he doesn’t want to give the pizza away. He looks like he wants to keep it to himself!

10. kywildcat
    6:42 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

Ryan Harrow will be an absolute beast, and yeah hes sporting that flat top 🙂

11. Bryan
    6:49 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

Got my picture with Julius last night, awesome guy. Mad respect for him and alex poythress who stayed after the game to sign stuff and take pictures. Love the BBN!

12. jwcatfan
    7:33 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

It always cracks me up how freaking crazy Kentuckians are over their basketball players. These young black men have yet to really accomplish anything in life except to play good basketball. Yet bring up any mention about our mixed race president to the average Kentuckian and generally all you get is a stream of insults and prejudiced remarks straight from the Tea Party playbook. Very hypocritical in my mind.

13. UKBrent
    7:38 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

#12 – Very hypocritical of you to assume that anyone who does not agree with Obama is racist and prejudice. Pot meet kettle.

14. Duuuuuude
    7:47 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

I notice Nerlins is missing from the pics. I hope he is OK after his spill.

15. KY Republicans
    7:57 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

#12 That’s because we like black athletes but not black lawyers, doctors, business-persons, and definitely not presidents.

Besides that’s our choice and don’t step on our liberty to hate that black @#!%&

16. MKG fan
    7:58 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

I still can’t believe that Willow is dating Tara. That poor woman had no chance once stone cold turned on the charm.

17. UKBlue
    8:12 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

No fat adults or kids get pizza especially that kid up against the concrete pillar.

13 You picked the wrong blog to try talking shit !!

You love Obama so much, educate yourself & read the truth about him. Read the second one about what he did to Oprah. http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama#.UFsQT41lQ18#LPFWLP_S & http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/jealous_michelle_vs_oprah_wDXXjFfq75tZRro1jy1AtK

18. BPsycho
    8:16 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

#12 You don’t know what these young men have accomplished, and you’re the crazy one if you think “playing good basketball” is some simple accomplishment.

19. lakesidecatsfan
    8:19 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

the blonde on the right is what dreams are made of!!

20. Beavis
    8:26 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

# 12 Thanks for your insights. As for the President,,,I could not care less what color the man is. What I do care about is the massive amounts of money he has and is wasting. Six trillion dollars in new debt,,,,,I know it is hard to understand how much that is but you liberals better get a handle on it. In case you have not figured it out,,,those young black men in the photos will be millionaires in about a year and that will be quite an accomplishment.

21. JustSayin
    8:31 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

#20, I’m guessing you have no idea how much of that six trillion is from two unfunded wars and a prescription drug plan started under Bushie. Basic math tells you huge expenditures and tax cuts are a recipe for disaster.

22. Rockfield, KY
    8:32 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

Julius Mays is quickly becoming one of my favorite CATS. He really seems to be embracing it all and could teach Brian Long a thing or two about appreciating the opportunity that they all have. I hope he has a huge year and becomes a draft pick.

23. bmt22033
    8:49 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

Two things:

1. What #13 said!
    2. Is that Papa Johns in a blue box?!? Never seen it before. Is that unique to the Lexington area?

24. Mattd
    9:07 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

Is it just me or does the gal on the right look like Emma Watson as Hermoine Granger?

25. Goodwin
    9:28 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

Florida colors?

26. bluefan
    9:37 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

OMG, the blue Papa John’s boxes are awesome.
    Love these kids already! They seem to be bonding really well.
    Agree with the Julius Mays love. Hoping he has a great season.

KSR, can you please delete the racial crap? No need for that. Makes us all look bad, which I’m quite sure is the point.

27. Head Bussa
    9:49 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

I love hearing people bitch about Obama because they are doing it all for nothing. Obama will certainly not lose in November and he will finish out as a two-term President. People hear stuff on Rush Limbaugh’s show and they just repeat everything. You can’t even begin to talk about spending too much money when the last president spent massive amounts of money on an illegal war that he helped create. The last president and his cronies were incredibly unethical and dirty. This president cares about people other than the incredibly rich. I can’t wait ’til Barack beats that Republican ass again in November.

28. Head Bussa
    9:51 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

27 — Agree. Don’t understand why they keep racist posts up here. No place for that — ANYWHERE.

29. catsfan33
    9:53 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

yes the blue papa johns boxes are unique to the campus papa johns location. also I concur with everyone who stated that the ksrcollege girls are hott.

30. Bluebeard
    10:07 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

I love this time if year. even though its more enjoyable when the football team has a chance at a bowl game.

31. AmericaLoses
    10:32 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

I agree, 28, Obama will win. I also agree that he cares about people. Obama is a good guy. Unfortunately, he has shown that he doesn’t have a solution to America’s financial problems. I agree that he didn’t create the mess, but blaming others doesn’t solve things. Great leadership solves things. Obama is not a great leader. Romney probably isn’t either. Either way America loses…a victory for Obama in Nov has shown to be a loss for the country.

32. Politics
    10:46 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

It cracks me up to hear about the “Illegal” and “Unfunded” wars started by Bush. If they are indeed illegal and unfunded then why hasn’t Obama stopped them? It seems to me that when questioned on national security he is quick to point out to how many drone kills have happened during his administration. Are these drone strikes also illegal and unfunded?

33. PT
    10:50 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

I come to a sports site to read about sports. Does anyone else?

34. PapaJohnCard
    11:48 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

I made sure there was a little something “extra” on those pizzas….

35. GatorChomp
    4:19 pm September 21, 2012 Permalink

#35 MmmmmMmmmmMmmmmm Matt Jones Man Meat Pizza for the unwashed masses!!

36. theSkinny81
    8:07 pm September 21, 2012 Permalink

the hater to fan ratio has got to be like 3:1. feels good to be on top.